• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important Carefully Ask PPMD about the Tiara Guy

wiitubeaccount

Smash Apprentice
use black marth and pretend that you're mew2king
lol i started doing that today it didn't quite work out.:dizzy:

Oh by the way, do all marth use jabs against spacies' up b like m2k? I only see vids of m2k doing that. Then usually following it up with counter, since the jab makes them up b from down low, and then proceed to offstage ****.

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
why would you jab an upb? only sideb.
When the spacie is recovering from a 45 degree angle from the ledge and you don't have enough time to run out and forward air, jab is the correct move. It covers the option of him going straight for the ledge and lets you recover fast enough to punish if he tries to land on the stage.

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
ftilt is extremely ****. comparing it to fsmash, it has faster come out and cool down. it has more horizontal range(if not the same range, AR it its true from what i hear), it reaches higher and lower. and lastly, it starts from the bottom and moves upwards.

so fsmash shouldnt really be used unless ur SURE it will hit.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYm3GsMsfiI

2:30

Does anyone know why his regrab missed? I've read that you can't regrab Falco at 0 if they DI uthrow behind, but this was at 7%. I find myself missing regrabs at around this % all the time. Did he just regrab too late? Or does DI behind still escape til X%?
he was slow, thats all.

Milos

Smash Lord
i mean he "officially" changed his main to fox but still plays a lot of different characters and his marth is still on par if not better than his fox.

but he doesnt play anymore

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Dash in one direction. Simultaneously press the other direction and c-stick in the desired f-smash direction.

Easiest way to do it <_<.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
false. easiest way to do it is actually with the A button.

Dash left, press right and A with the same timing as a pivot grab. So easy. Obviously mirror for the other direction

Ocho(*8*)

Smash Ace
i don't get the way you guys like to pivot.. Your descriptions sound sooo different from the way I do it.

whatever though, I'm not bad at it.

Ocho(*8*)

Smash Ace
i can

dash right, let the stick get to neutral, flick the stick left (pivot) and simultaneously flick the c-stick right.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One

Dash left, press right and A with the same timing as a pivot grab. So easy. Obviously mirror for the other direction
easiest is really an opinion. simplest maybe, just by least amount of actions.

I have difficulty using A for anything. But I can pivot just fine.

Grabs with Z, aerials with Z(bairs anyway) the rest with Cstick.

U know you can jab, dtilt, fmash, downsmash, usmash, utilt,ftilt using z. I crouch and while rising Z kinda acts like A. You just have to input the moves with a certain timing.

Staco

Smash Champion
The trick behind pivot is that you cancel your dash animation by turning around on place.
You can also just cancel it and turn around while doing it, but that is really hard to get.

This means you can do every attack ouf of the pivot:
Jump + whatever,
Smashes,
Tilts,
anything else.

In reality a dash dance is just:
dash
dash gets canceld through the standing turning around animation
into another dash

during the red marked thing you can input every other kind of attacks
fsmash and also ftilt could be used in both directions, because you can turn around while doing them

if you do it this way "making a dash dance, but doing a jump or attack during the red colored phase" it gets easier to pull off pivot attacks/jumps/grabs ;)

as explained before you could also just cancel the dash through the standing turn around animation and then stop and standing in place, but this is really hard to pull off, because you may not start dashing into the other direction

I can make a video soon if you want me to do so. ^^

Staco

Smash Champion
Whats the best way to DI Falcos Shines and Dairs?
What about Foxs Nairs, Shines etc.?

Should I try to Smash DI out of Falco Combos?

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero

Sveet....the way I mentioned is so that you can f-smash in the same direction as the initial dash. By using the c-stick you can f-smash in either direction.

Really, using the c-stick for smashes in general (not that you'd need to pivot upsmash any time soon) is the easiest method because you can just hit the sticks simultaneously (something people are accustomed to doing in general). When you use the A button, your result will depend on where the control stick was at the time, making it less consistent.

Btw, there's always been one thing that bugged me. It's possible to do actions IN GENERAL in THE SAME DIRECTION as the initial dash right? I assume it would be something like

empty pivot (pivot stand) -> reverse "insert action here." Only problem is (to my knowledge) you can't reverse jump or reverse neutral B (on the ground). Maybe these two actions are not able to cancel the "turn around" animation like the others?

Meh, I'll probably never be technical enough to do this (but I can try. After all I can do pivot uptilts :p)

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
While i agree ctick is better because you can pivot fsmash in either direction, i still disagree on it being easier to perform.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Whats the best way to DI Falcos Shines and Dairs?
What about Foxs Nairs, Shines etc.?

Should I try to Smash DI out of Falco Combos?
Smash DI will increase your chances of getting out the combo.

You want to try to increase the distance between your landing and the shine. Its hard to say because you may want to smash DI away from falco or if he has alot of horizontal momentum smash Di past him. Its situational, depends on when they dair, and their speed and direction.

If fox nairs you and then shines, you should be able to act immediately upon landing due to the fact that you were shined while airborne. But its not a bad Idea to give yourself some room and SDI the shine away.

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
SDI everything you possibly can, but make sure you learn which direction to SDI. If not, you'll just SDI your way into a death combo lol.

Niko45

Smash Master
I find that if you slight DI Fox up throws instead of full DI behind/away, the Fox has a tougher time landing the up air and SDIing it is much easier. Is there any merit to this or am I completely wrong?

I.B

Smash Lord
^ I partially agree.

I find it's really dependent on the Fox player. The more competent they are, the less it will matter where/how much you DI.

Top Bottom