• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 ('Terminal' - the 17th for Elite / 18th for non-Elite)

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Just hit 3rd prestige tonight and unlocked the type 95 with my prestige token. You get it relatively early, I think level 32, but I couldn't resist. Now I've got the ACR/Type 95 to begin with at level 4 like a bawwwsss.

Also, @Odin - I know if you have a clan on Elite you can make your in game clan tag a really bright yellow color meaning you're part of a clan through the site. Do you know how to do that at all? There's an option in game that says "Use elite clan tag" and "Use elite title" or something like that, but when I selected them it didn't do anything. Maybe you have to do something since you're the leader, but I'll look it up. The extra bling looks cool. :awesome:

Edit: just found out members of your clan can use those bright yellow clan tags if you're part of a clan that's level 10 or higher.

<--- Has no idea how to rank up a clan

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
So I played some FFAs earlier with my silenced spas.

I was winning a majority of them.......

Regardless, it's a nice way to rank up the gun faster if you can get the kills with it. Brought my spas level up by 7 levels from about 5 games of FFA.

SwampertTheGreat

Smash Ace
Derp I forgot about accepting the team swf invite xD.I'll do that now.

Also we need to level up so we can get all deh good stuff.Wonder how hard it is though

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I think you level up the clan via founders joining and doing competitions and events, which I'll check frequently. :)
Isn't there an upcoming kill confirmed event or something? If so, LET'S DO DIS!!!

Derp I forgot about accepting the team swf invite xD.I'll do that now.

Also we need to level up so we can get all deh good stuff.Wonder how hard it is though
I'll get on that sometime this week.

And I was tired last night, didn't feel like playing.

EDIT: Also, lag compensation is ********. Why should someone like I (with a good connection) suffer cause other people in the game have ****ty ones? Not my problem, stupid IW...and I still have no clue on where to find the hot-fix/patch notes... =/

rhan

Smash Hero

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
I think if your connection is too good they purposely make it "bad" to be fair to the others

it's like if you're using metaknight against a bunch of scrubs they tell you not to use the b button

:phone:

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
You shouldn't be punished for being underprivileged.
But you're not technically being punished. IW is actually taking away from people's good connections which they pay for to compensate for people with a worse connection. It doesn't even cost that much to get a good connection. Just getting a wired connection will make your internet better.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
I have a wired connection and it takes 2-3 minutes for a movie to even start playing on netflix.
I went to my friends house and it took 5 seconds. It took 10 seconds at my last house.

My internet is ****ty enough to where it is almost impossible to do well in any condition. Almost every single one of my deaths are from behind corners, and all of this should happen because I can't afford good internet? They're leveling the playing field. I shouldn't lose to worse people just because I have bad internet.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
I have a wired connection and it takes 2-3 minutes for a movie to even start playing on netflix.
I went to my friends house and it took 5 seconds. It took 10 seconds at my last house.

My internet is ****ty enough to where it is almost impossible to do well in any condition. Almost every single one of my deaths are from behind corners, and all of this should happen because I can't afford good internet? They're leveling the playing field. I shouldn't lose to worse people just because I have bad internet.
Have you considered a different internet provider? And if you can't afford good internet, you could always get a job, unless you already have one.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
If it was so easy for everyone to have great internet, everyone would have great internet.

Here, lemme create a sample dialogue for you.
Person 1: "I am poor. I pay 5% taxes because I really don't have enough money to sustain comfortable life."
Person 2: "I am rich. I pay 5% taxes because I want enough money to sustain a more than comfortable life with lots of things"
Government: "Well, I'm pretty sure that you should pay a little bit more so that the gap between the rich and the poor doesn't become too large,"
Person 2: "WHAT? THAT IS SO UNFAIR. WHY DO WE HAVE TO PAY MORE JUST BECAUSE POOR PEOPLE DON'T HAVE ENOUGH?"

Now just replace taxes with internet connection.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I think if your connection is too good they purposely make it "bad" to be fair to the others

it's like if you're using metaknight against a bunch of scrubs they tell you not to use the b button

:phone:
^
This.

Wait, seriously? That's terrible.
Yup!

That's not good. You shouldn't be penalized for having a good connection.
^
This.

But you're not technically being punished. IW is actually taking away from people's good connections which they pay for to compensate for people with a worse connection. It doesn't even cost that much to get a good connection. Just getting a wired connection will make your internet better.
IW is just ********. Another bad decision they made in the creation of this game IMO.

I disagree. I can't help it if I have a good connection and I can pull host 90% of the time.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
If it was so easy for everyone to have great internet, everyone would have great internet.

Here, lemme create a sample dialogue for you.
Person 1: "I am poor. I pay 5% taxes because I really don't have enough money to sustain comfortable life."
Person 2: "I am rich. I pay 5% taxes because I want enough money to sustain a more than comfortable life with lots of things"
Government: "Well, I'm pretty sure that you should pay a little bit more so that the gap between the rich and the poor doesn't become too large,"
Person 2: "WHAT? THAT IS SO UNFAIR. WHY DO WE HAVE TO PAY MORE JUST BECAUSE POOR PEOPLE DON'T HAVE ENOUGH?"

Now just replace taxes with internet connection.
Don't you have to pay more for a good internet connection? So your example doesn't really work.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Uh, yeah, so those people with a lot of money have a better internet connection.
Regardless of my situation, I CANNOT GET BETTER INTERNET. I shouldn't be punished for being hindered by my situation. Everyone should be able to do the same thing, regardless of their connection.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Uh, yeah, so those people with a lot of money have a better internet connection.
Regardless of my situation, I CANNOT GET BETTER INTERNET. I shouldn't be punished for being hindered by my situation. Everyone should be able to do the same thing, regardless of their connection.
Dedicated servers.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Dedicated servers mean nothing. They just mean that ONE PERSON isn't at an advantage. Your performance in the game is still heavily dependent on how good your connection is. I play GoW2 at my friends' houses ALL OF THE TIME just to take advantage of their good connections so that I can actually kill things. Same with CoD and GoW3

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Dedicated servers mean nothing. They just mean that ONE PERSON isn't at an advantage. Your performance in the game is still heavily dependent on how good your connection is. I play GoW2 at my friends' houses ALL OF THE TIME just to take advantage of their good connections so that I can actually kill things. Same with CoD and GoW3
Whatever, I still think this "feature" is stupid. I like playing at an advantage. :awesome:

Also, BKpro, nice M.O.A.B., the way you play is...different.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
If everyone is put on the same level for internet, then internet should cost the same for everyone. However, it does not cost the same, so those that pay more for internet do deserve to have a better connection.

FalcrowLombardi

Smash Cadet
I think you level up the clan via founders joining and doing competitions and events, which I'll check frequently. :)
Just wondering about that founders status on call of duty elite, I bought it the other day and I can't quite figure out how to upgrade. Didn't know if I'm missing something or if it just takes a day or two to register my status.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
people get on tonight because I most likely won't be able to play much during the week, finals is coming up

I'd like to prestige by the end of tonight as well as get the burgertown emblem (im 9 kills way, so I proly wont prestige till i get the emblem).

Top Bottom