• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 ('Terminal' - the 17th for Elite / 18th for non-Elite)

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Do you guys have any tips for bettering accuracy with preferably ARs? I lose a lot of 1v1 crossfires and encounters, even when I fire the first shot. Does the kick play a role? In extended bursts?
:pinkiepie:

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Do you guys have any tips for bettering accuracy with preferably ARs? I lose a lot of 1v1 crossfires and encounters, even when I fire the first shot. Does the kick play a role? In extended bursts?
You're not alone, it happens to me a lot in this game for some reason.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
odin, i'm using mk14 with red dot and silencer.
do you approve? what do you recommend?
I don't DISAPPROVE. Hard to say if it's a setup I'd use. I prefer Focus on the Mk14. But if you're going super stealth, you shouldn't be shot anyway. The silencer is probably going to kill the damage drop off, making kick a better option. Just my two cents on the matter. Obviously you lose the RDS, but I feel the sights are clean enough to were it's not an issue. :shrug:

SQUEEZE the trigger. Seriously. Don't jam on it. Squeeze.

When you learn to fire a gun, they always tell you this, and someone had to spell it out for me until I understood what that meant. Same advice goes here too.

Squeezing the trigger means slowly pulling it back until it fires. The goal isn't to get the trigger to the back of the handle. But squeezing the trigger until it shoots. Then release and repeat. Practice doing this, and you should notice a difference. It will help you pace your shots better, and make you burst fire better too. It's helped me a lot.

Do I do that 100% of the time? No, of course not. But I try to. Give it a try. It's the best advice I can give.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Basically, what Odin said for longer ranges.

At close range, Jam the trigger, ADS, and hold slightly down the entire time you're in the firefight so that you gradually start aiming at the guys feet. By doing this, you remove the effect of your gun's kick AND the bounce effect that happens when you get shot. You can even land "lucky" headshots like this.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Basically, what Odin said for longer ranges.

At close range, Jam the trigger, ADS, and hold slightly down the entire time you're in the firefight so that you gradually start aiming at the guys feet. By doing this, you remove the effect of your gun's kick AND the bounce effect that happens when you get shot. You can even land "lucky" headshots like this.
CQC = Panic mode.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Oh, I see what you mean, thanks ODIN! :) How would I go about applying this to PS3? I fire with the R1, ADS with L1.

Edit: Thanks Delta. I've actually tried utilizing that in many instances, but so many encounters occur unawares. :(

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Oh, I see what you mean, thanks ODIN! :) How would I go about applying this to PS3? I fire with the R1, ADS with L1.

PS3??

Seriously though. Umm, can you change your controller setup? I tried using the PS3 controller at the midnight launch, and I have no idea how you PS3 users can use that thing to shoot sans triggers. Blows my mind.

@Lumpy: I prefer silencers, but not on the Mk14.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
hey, are you foxmccloud or some variation of it?

i joined hotarms for one game of kill confirmed or tdm on village and saw the SWF clan tag on someone. our team got a moab... then i left to play with my roommate.

gj, bro.

Matt07

Smash Master
EDIT: And I read that they reverted the current version of MW3 to a previous one, no more stealth bomber glitch but when you ADS while moving or crouch walk, you still make noise. =/
Awesome, I hate how people are silent when you ADS, or crouch walk, really makes SitRep Pro more useful. Too bad they're getting rid of it.

Also Favela and Terminal...those maps are kinda bleh. Bring back a big map like Fuel, or a colourful map like Carnival. I'm suprised they didn't bring back Rust, they seem to like small maps in this game lol.

Also I still can't find Team SWF, maybe you can't join clans of other Xbox users if you're a PS3 user? I searched for SWF and I didn't see Team SWF :(.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Awesome, I hate how people are silent when you ADS, or crouch walk, really makes SitRep Pro more useful. Too bad they're getting rid of it.

Also Favela and Terminal...those maps are kinda bleh. Bring back a big map like Fuel, or a colourful map like Carnival. I'm suprised they didn't bring back Rust, they seem to like small maps in this game lol.

Also I still can't find Team SWF, maybe you can't join clans of other Xbox users if you're a PS3 user? I searched for SWF and I didn't see Team SWF :(.
But it's always been like that in the previous games...they'll fix that in an upcoming patch, I'm sure.

I don't think you can since they're both separate platforms, prolly gonna have to make one for the PS3 version.

Matt07

Smash Master
But it's always been like that in the previous games...they'll fix that in an upcoming patch, I'm sure.

I don't think you can since they're both separate platforms, prolly gonna have to make one for the PS3 version.
That's true, it's just I have a headset now and really like that. It's just me being too picky, I'll get used to it :).

And I'll make one for the PS3 sometime, when I'm not flooded with homework T_T.

mitch2302

Smash Journeyman
Most of the time i beat people 1v1 simply because i ADS faster-- this may be due to reaction time, or thelack of my opponent's use of quickdraw. I dont use quickdraw too frequently (only on SnD), but without it, the transition from SMGs to ARs is more difficult because of the ADS time differences. my recommendations would be to 1) not sprint around corners, as you will rarely have enough time to ADS before your opponent who is walking towards you, 2) try not to spray too often-- find a gun that has a good rhythm for you and learn how to burst efficiently with it, 3) aim for the chest-- your recoil will usually bring it up to a headshot and drop your opponent quicker, and 4) make sure your sensitivity is high enough for twitch reactions-- when you see someone in the corner of your screen, you should be able to simply twitch your sticks quickly with one stroke and have them be in the general area of your crosshairs. usually the standard 2 sensitivity is much too low for this, and is one of the key reasons why some players seem to react slower in open-field confrontations.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Thanks Mitch. I utilize 1 and 3 very often, but on 2, I'm quizzical, if you could explain it further. I have been using triple-burst semi-auto ARs for a while now, though I can't really find a peculiar one that I'm comfortable with, yet. I'll try adjusting my sensitivity too, thanks :)

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero

i joined hotarms for one game of kill confirmed or tdm on village and saw the SWF clan tag on someone. our team got a moab... then i left to play with my roommate.

gj, bro.
Yep that'd be him.......i didn't even notice you joined lol

Yo fawx its all thanks to mah recon drone on village

:phone:

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Might I inquire, what's Burger Town?

Also, happy birthday, Snack!

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion

gj, bro.
Yeah, my GT is FawxMcCloud if you ever wanna add me. And thanks. :awesome:

Congratz BKpro, it's about time you got one. ;)
The one I got on carbon was like 23 kills with the FMG9s akimbo I think lmao. The other one on village was with the type 95 so it wasn't all that impressive. :glare:

Yep that'd be him.......i didn't even notice you joined lol

Yo fawx its all thanks to mah recon drone on village

Funny you said that, because I was watching it in theater mode and saw all the circles moving around and thought to myself, "Good thing Hotarms called that in" XD. Thanks bruh. <3

Falcrow is the current employee of the month at Burger Town. Who will be the next?
Currently hiring. Receive applications at the front desk. Threats with guns are frowned upon.

Burger town shenanigans was hilarious last night

Still getting those frag kills for the emblem.....ughhhhh. Frags are so bad in this game. :urg:

Matt07

Smash Master
I didn't double post. Thanks tho.

And I just beat the single player, it was awesome!
Yes, the campaign was really good (
unfortunately I was spoiled via YouTube comments so there wasn't a lot of surprises
.) Veteran was WAY easier than Black Ops campaign. Treyarch likes to make us work hard for those achievements/trophies lol.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Yes, the campaign was really good (
unfortunately I was spoiled via YouTube comments so there wasn't a lot of surprises
.) Veteran was WAY easier than Black Ops campaign. Treyarch likes to make us work hard for those achievements/trophies lol.
Oh, good to know. I'll probably start the campaign again on veteran in a lil while.

Top Bottom