• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 ('Terminal' - the 17th for Elite / 18th for non-Elite)

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Conglaturation. You have once again prooved the justice of our culture and won the internet.
Not sure if sarcasm,

:Futurama Fry :glare::

Or just really that :awesome:

Work is ruining my gaming these days.

I don't really feel like playing when I get home.
Depending on your job, I could see that. However, some days, I have the opposite problem. I wanna go home and do nothing BUT play games.

Although playing this game is another story. I have a happy balance between this and Skyrim. When you guys aren't on, I'm not in the mood for CoD, or I just wanna chill with the wife (still play games, but still do something where I can pause and chat with her), Skyrim. Exact opposite, CoD.

Matt07

Smash Master
Ya I hear ya, especially when I'm at school for 10 hours a day if not more sometimes.

And CoD isn't really relaxing to me, it has the opposite effect lol. Sometimes I play as little as 2 games and I throw in the towel.

:phone:

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Hot Arms, as soon as you kill someone in front of you, do a 180 and go that way instead.

That way you will catch the guy who has just spawned behind you.

I'm not even joking.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Conglaturation. You have once again prooved the justice of our culture and won the internet.
Haha, I get it. ;)

So I used the striker tonight for the first time in a while.

Got it to level 14 within like...5 games? If that. Pulled a 3 K/D at the least basically every game I played with it tonight. Needs moar nerf.
Really? I should try using it. I finally switched to the assault point streak package: UAV, CP and PM. Got an assault drone. :awesome:

Also:

First Modern Warfare 3 DLC drops January 24 on Xbox

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/12/21/first-modern-warfare-3-dlc-drops-january-24-on-xbox/

Bowling didn't drop details on what the first batch of content would contain, though he did hint MW3 DLC would cover a wide spectrum, including Spec Ops and "a variety of things that players have never seen before." All of this is made possible by the massive development team, featuring Infinity Ward, Sledgehammer and Raven Software.
They broke their promise of "monthly DLC content" since it's been over a month since MW3 was released. I don't care if they were having problems with Elite at launch, they already broke that promise. (Among other things with the game...:glare:)

Sucks how I can't view the video on CoD Elite since I'm not giving them $60.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
That's even better that they're not giving out monthly DLC

If you bought 12 DLCs at the usual 15$ (money says they're charging us 20$ now just so that more people can buy Elite), then that would amount to 180$, which alone is worth triple of what the game was worth in itself

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Monthly DLC for CoD would get soooooooooo pricey!
That is what they promised. The first DLC should have been out before the 11th or sometime this month but nope, it's coming out next month.

So it'll basically be 2.5 months since the game launched for DLC to arrive.

Yay.

Matt07

Smash Master
notsureifserious.jpg

Altho Rust is better than the majority of MW3 maps.
No, I'm serious. It also seems like something IW would add, especially with their spawn system. You would always spawn in someone's lines of sight. Perfect map for this game.

SwampertTheGreat

Smash Ace
Funny how the only person who seems to be angry about the dlc is the person who calls dlc a scam and and never stops talking about how it should be included on the dlc!

I dunno i'd personally rather have them put work into it instead of rushing it out but that's just me

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Haha, I get it. ;)
:c

I feel as if I missed something. u_u

Really? I should try using it. I finally switched to the assault point streak package: UAV, CP and PM. Got an assault drone. :awesome:

Also:

First Modern Warfare 3 DLC drops January 24 on Xbox

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/12/21/first-modern-warfare-3-dlc-drops-january-24-on-xbox/

They broke their promise of "monthly DLC content" since it's been over a month since MW3 was released. I don't care if they were having problems with Elite at launch, they already broke that promise. (Among other things with the game...:glare:)

Sucks how I can't view the video on CoD Elite since I'm not giving them $60.
:shrug: Well. You have a choice. You can buy it, or don't. No one is making you buy it (or not). But don't complain when YOU choose not to buy it.

It's still December. We can still get 'monthly content'.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Funny how the only person who seems to be angry about the dlc is the person who calls dlc a scam and and never stops talking about how it should be included on the dlc!

I dunno i'd personally rather have them put work into it instead of rushing it out but that's just me
It's because it's true

F8AL

Banned via Warnings

Most DLC is a scam. Enjoy giving Activision some more of your money.

:c

I feel as if I missed something. u_u

:shrug: Well. You have a choice. You can buy it, or don't. No one is making you buy it (or not). But don't complain when YOU choose not to buy it.

It's still December. We can still get 'monthly content'.
Nah, you guys won't get anything this month.

It's because it's true
^
This.

Tim, why u mad? You've never bought dlc, even when its not on the disc, lol.
Shut up, I have boughten DLC before. I have most of the map packs for Halo 3 with the exception of the 2nd half of the last one. :mad:

Matt07

Smash Master
You know what would be neat, a weapon pack included with the map pack. I know we have a lot already, but it'd be something new to the CoD series...

*Shrug.*

Bring back the Black Ops Famas :troll:.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Most DLC is a scam. Enjoy giving Activision some more of your money.
I won't be. In fact, I never gave them MY money to begin with. :troll: I love getting points cards.

Why is it such a big deal anyway? At what point has DLC been a scam? Please give some examples.

Nah, you guys won't get anything this month.
I said could. And if we don't, we don't. I could careless. The point is, my DLC is 'paid' for, and I'll be getting it. This month, or next month. Even the month after.

See above. I'd still like to see what warrants DLC as scam.

Shut up, I have boughten DLC before. I have most of the map packs for Halo 3 with the exception of the 2nd half of the last one. :mad:
Grammar issues aside :troll: (j/k. Probably just not how I would have phrased that sentence), Bungie had a good model for the DLC. Their first map pack went free after a month or two (or very reduced cost, TO free), followed by reduced cost for second, Mythic one is reduced, and now Mythic two is reduced I believe. And then they released Cold Storage for free. :awesome:

And then they put all of those maps on the multiplayer disc of ODST. Which is one my favorite games. A great game.

And no, I'm not trolling. I'd be happy to discuss that in the Halo thread.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Unsure on whether or not to buy this. CoD map packs have a history of being terrible, there's usually only a handfull of gems hidden in all the crap.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Why is it such a big deal anyway? At what point has DLC been a scam? Please give some examples.
On Disc DLC. Costume packs. 15 for 5 maps. Pay money for money in game (Tales of vesperia, wut). Stats menu additions. OH OH! Or how about Ridge Racer for Vita - $3 for a car, $5 for a track.

Those are some examples. Why all that when in previous generations, a "costume pack" or Maps, could be unlocked via progressing through a game?

There s fine line between acceptable and unacceptable. imo.

Such is the case with some of the maps here they've provided, since it all really is, for the "retro" maps, a port job since this game sports the same engine. I'd say had they made it somewhat cheaper, you might not find so many people complain about it.

But then again - it's all in the eyes of the consumer - if you don't like it, don't buy it. If you think it's worth the money - by all means, purchase it.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
@ ODIN: See what ZIO posted. I didn't think you guys cared about my opinion this much. :awesome:

@ ZIO: Well said.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
On Disc DLC. Costume packs. 15 for 5 maps. Pay money for money in game (Tales of vesperia, wut). Stats menu additions. OH OH! Or how about Ridge Racer for Vita - $3 for a car, $5 for a track.

Those are some examples. Why all that when in previous generations, a "costume pack" or Maps, could be unlocked via progressing through a game?

There s fine line between acceptable and unacceptable. imo.

Such is the case with some of the maps here they've provided, since it all really is, for the "retro" maps, a port job since this game sports the same engine. I'd say had they made it somewhat cheaper, you might not find so many people complain about it.

But then again - it's all in the eyes of the consumer - if you don't like it, don't buy it. If you think it's worth the money - by all means, purchase it.
A worthy challenger approaches! :)

I miss the days of alternate costumes. :( Button cheats and what not.

Here's a great example of a game where game progression/time/difficulty would equal unlocks for the player:

GoldenEye 64

Not anymore. :/

Tales of Vesperia I have NO idea about. Please fill me in(via Vistor Message if you don't mind, or PM. I see others on my friends list play, kinda curious, but no idea what it is).

$15 for 5 maps isn't terrible. Expensive, compared to 3 maps for $10. Or 4 MP maps for $15 and a bonus map. Depends on how you look at it.

Here's how I look at it, and it's because of one thing.

The medium for gaming has changed. The reason there's a lot of DLC (even on disc DLC (which bugs me too, I'm not defending that, but here me out)) is because of one, ******* company.

GameStop.

GameStop has made it VERY hard for these companies who put A LOT of time and effort into their games to make a profit. Why? Used games. Why buy new when you can get it used, for less?

Well you can't buy DLC used, can you? LO AND BEHOLD! A solution.

So that's why I defend DLC. THAT'S why I buy NEW when I can, for companies and developers I support (Activision and CoD not being one of them :troll:).

Capcom I won't be, not until they bring back Megaman.

Bethesda, I will be. Because I've been VERY happy with Fallout 3, INCREDIBLY happy with Fallout:New Vegas, and don't get me started on Skyrim. <3 <3 <3

Rocksteady has my support, and I intend to buy that game new, so they can get the profit. Not LameStop. And no, I don't want to spend an extra $10 for the Catwoman DLC when they will give it to me for buying new. That's the idea.

TL;DR: Support your developers, buy DLC if you want. No one is making you if you don't want to.

Stats menu additions? For DLC? O_o Yeah. Simple solution. Don't buy it.

@ ODIN: See what ZIO posted. I didn't think you guys cared about my opinion this much. :awesome:

@ ZIO: Well said.
Don't be lazy. I'd like to see what you have to say. :)

I'm always up for good discussion and debate. I'm not just funny pictures/jokes.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Like I said - there's a fine line between acceptable and unacceptable.

When a good number of these Maps are copypasta, i don't find $15 justifiable. Even moreso when they've been found to be on the Disc. It's heinous to think that it's okay to purchase what you've already technically purchased.

Some map Packs I can defend - When you had Bungie and have 343 actually making new maps and remaking old, I can support that.

I don't support most of it, and I was seriously enraged when the Elite thing was introduced. because, you know there's going to be another CoD game a year later and how long does it last? 1 year - many people will jumpship to the next CoD - those who don't, and still want elite - Money in the bank for Activision still. All it's features are mostly things we should have already been getting, as well as its promotions.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Well, I'll admit I only skimmed through what the Elite thing provides. So i don't know what it includes and what it doesn't, but that wasn't the whole point I was trying to make - that was something I was edit in.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Like I said - there's a fine line between acceptable and unacceptable.

When a good number of these Maps are copypasta, i don't find $15 justifiable. Even moreso when they've been found to be on the Disc. It's heinous to think that it's okay to purchase what you've already technically purchased.

Some map Packs I can defend - When you had Bungie and have 343 actually making new maps and remaking old, I can support that.

I don't support most of it, and I was seriously enraged when the Elite thing was introduced. because, you know there's going to be another CoD game a year later and how long does it last? 1 year - many people will jumpship to the next CoD - those who don't, and still want elite - Money in the bank for Activision still. All it's features are mostly things we should have already been getting, as well as its promotions.
I agree. I don't like paying for maps I already have. Bungie/343 has a very different way of looking at things. REMADE map on NEW engine? Yes, please. Take my money. Give me more.

Activision? No. I personally didn't spend money on the map packs. Did I get them? Yes, but that's also because my sister gave me points to get them. Money wasted? Nope. Not mine. All in the eyes of the consumer. :shrug: But I wouldn't go out and spend money on it.

If you look at their business model though, they have a near perfect catch for dumb players. Here's some new maps, and LOOK! Some maps you LOVED to play from the last game?

Am I sucker for things like that? Well sure, I'm human. I'd buy a map pack in a heartbeat (cost depending) if it came with Terminal and Highrise. But that's because for me, those maps are worth it. Now, if it was say, Underpass and Wasteland? No. Move along, citizen.

But the CoD elite stat tracker is free. Not sure about theater mode though.
Theater IS included. The you get more 'slots' with Elite. I know at one point they said you were gonna have more upload time. >_> Obviously, that didn't happen. Just more space. Unless that's what they meant, and I misread it.

Well, I'll admit I only skimmed through what the Elite thing provides. So i don't know what it includes and what it doesn't, but that wasn't the whole point I was trying to make - that was something I was edit in.

http://www.callofduty.com/elite/whats-included

Speaking of Elite:

Just got a message on XBL, saying their records show I may have recently experienced issues with CoD:Elite. So they extended my Subscription by 30 days.
(b ' _' )b

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Speaking of Elite:

Just got a message on XBL, saying their records show I may have recently experienced issues with CoD:Elite. So they extended my Subscription by 30 days.
(b ' _' )b
Yea same here. I tried going on Elite on xbox last night because that's the only place I can see the clan page/info and I wasn't able to log in. Just got the same message about the extension not too long ago :D

Oh yea, I forgot to save that quad semtex stick I got recently ;-;

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Yea same here. I tried going on Elite on xbox last night because that's the only place I can see the clan page/info and I wasn't able to log in. Just got the same message about the extension not too long ago :D

Oh yea, I forgot to save that quad semtex stick I got recently ;-;
You turned off theatre mode?

Top Bottom