• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Black Ops

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Anybody who plays on PS3 add NiightShade- right now!!!!!!!!!11 :(

I love High Roller wager matches. I hate losing them though. They're super competitive, but most of the people who play them are generally really nice, which I like. I refuse to play Sticks and Stones, or Gun Game, as I suck balls at both of them, and I've never got any meaningful money from either. Sharpshooter is my ****, never gotten less than 1st. :)

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
I hate RC cars.

1. With hardline, it's a 2 killstreak predator missile

2. Selfish

3. Spy plane > RC car. Doesn't help you or your team in any way.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Besides, if you're a screwball who has absolutely no idea how to use the RC car, you'll most likely crash into your teammate getting him killed in the middle of a gun fight while you take hte kill for yourself

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I hate RC cars.

2. Selfish

Comparing it to a Predator Missile is absurd. RC cars are not certain death. You can stun the thing, hide from it or just as easily shoot it.

How is it selfish?

Spy Planes are handicaps imo and are crutches for the bad players on your team that don't use it. It's also annoying to deal with the Ghost children running about that have absolute safety from the Spy Planes.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
First off, I've already tried to hide and it almost never works, even if I'm somewhere secure

Shooting the thing is extremely inconsistent and you might as well just run towards it if it's coming right at you

Same as above, and besides, it has a boost. It can easily blow you up even before you get to lob the stun (or you can simply not have a stun with you at the moment)

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Stunning an RC car fails to do anything for me even if I nail the thing directly with the stun. Zig zag it and boost. So easy a caveman could do it.

Just gets you a kill, really does nothing for your team. Seldom will that kill be helpful in normal game modes.

I use spy plane because it only makes sense in my mind. Even though people use ghost, it's helpful to see where anyone is, even if it's just one person. With the lack of sound whoring in this game, you need to know where people are, and it helps build killstreaks. Ghost wouldn't be all that cheap if sound whoring was easier.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Spy Plane vs. RC car is an incredibly easy choice for me. The spy plane will get me at the very least one kill, and usually more, while giving my team far more than what the RC car does, which is approximately zero.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
I hate RC cars.

2. Selfish

1. I find it to be a mini predator missle. It isn't 100% death and it doesn't have as much multikill potential
2. since with hardline people abuse it just for a flashy KD, at a lower level it is selfish.
3. Spy plane is great.

Comparing it to a Predator Missile is absurd. RC cars are not certain death. You can stun the thing, hide from it or just as easily shoot it.

How is it selfish?

Spy Planes are handicaps imo and are crutches for the bad players on your team that don't use it. It's also annoying to deal with the Ghost children running about that have absolute safety from the Spy Planes.
1. Its kinda hard to stun it.
You can't hide from it. That's silly. Unless you traverse maps with routes that are inaccessible by rcxd's
It's hard to shoot it. You can't put this killstreak into one possible condition where you see it coming right up front and react in time to scope in and shoot it or get lucky and blindfire a shot at it... and this is all in a condition where you can see it from a distance.
2. It is selfish on lower levels of play because people don't use it to block objectives or other team-oriented maneuvers.
Spy plane, while I agree with your third paragraph, is a crutch, it still helps the team win. Who cares if everybody else runs rcxd to be selfish? Run spy plane. It will help almost everyone on your team get a kill rather than you just getting one kill and wasting time you could be using to do more productive things.
3. This is true. I wish everyone would run it, but most people are selfish. If you play with randoms, you will just see a bunch of rcxd's.
I use ghost sometimes. If I get killed excessively from being hardaimed around corners, I shoot down spy planes and run a ghost/SMG+silencer.

basically, you shouldn't promote RC-XD just because you don't feel it is right that your teammates get a free kill and you might have to go and shoot a fool around a corner.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Any of you guys try out the reflex sight? 1.5x ADS speed sounds pretty nifty.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
I thought the same.
I tried it out for a while and I just feel more comfortable with the red dot or even the iron sight (for most guns)
What do you guys think about G11?
I generally found that it took 1-2 bursts to kill. It is my favorite gun but it could just be another case of the Skorpions.

Colonel Cuddles

Smash Journeyman
I've been destrpying with this class. Great for your K/D (If you care about it anyways).

FAMAS
Supressor
Dot Sight

M119A1
Supressor

Ghost
Warlord
Ninja

Spy Plane
Blackbird
Gunship

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Vahn said the only two guns that they were considering patching would be the G11 and the AK74u. I don't see any reason to patch the 74u because it's not that good, but the G11 is OP if you ask me. The 74u kills in 3 shots up close for everyone except me.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I'll say it again.

Commando>other guns/ARs IMHO.

I tried the G11, and would say it's a step above the m16 due to the lack of recoil (reason being that it's a caseless gun; no shells to eject when firing reduces the recoil greatly).

But after trying it I went back to the Commando. Almost the same amount of recoil as the G11 (next to nothing) but has full auto/controllable burst. It all comes down to preference really.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
I for some reason seem to rank up VERY fast in this game. Haven't played in like two days though, gotta get back in the fight.

Prestige 2, level 40.

2.51 KPD.

Btw guys if you ever feel like being cool, try the following set up

Commando/M16/AK47/Famas

Hardline
Sleight of hands pro
Last stand pro
Semtex
Flash
Claymore

Grenade launcher attachment
RPG secondary.

Enjoy your carnage LOL.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
I for some reason seem to rank up VERY fast in this game. Haven't played in like two days though, gotta get back in the fight.

Prestige 2, level 40.

2.51 KPD.

Btw guys if you ever feel like being cool, try the following set up

Commando/M16/AK47/Famas

Hardline
Sleight of hands pro
Last stand pro
Semtex
Flash
Claymore

Grenade launcher attachment
RPG secondary.

Enjoy your carnage LOL.
lol

10lols

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
My thoughts on the past couple of posts, to lazy to quote anything:

Banjo, I kinda agree with :mad: on this one. As much as I personally hate it, it really isn't that bad. It's pretty easy to deal with if you know where it's coming from, unless you're using an M16. But it is selfish, because they should be using Spy Plane, even though Ghost is so overcentralizing in this game. When I get into a game of a whole team using Ghost, I just stop using my Spy Planes, or switch it out for Napalm. But it is very similar to a predator missile, but with different characteristics. Claymores and Stuns can stop RC-XD's in the same way buildings stop Predator Missiles.

G11 is OP in the same way the FAMAS was OP: Good gun, nobody uses it.

Odin is a cool guy because the Commando is beast. :)

I reached level 50 in like 14 hours play time. I love how easy it is to rank up, because I don't get to play that much outside of summer/Christmas break. But because I don't get the opportunity to play that often, I made another account to rank up to prestige 15 on this weekend, so I can go back whenever I want and have everything unlocked. I'm about level 30, 6.50 W/L, 2.60 K/D, probably will drop soon(Unless I start playing FFA lol), since my only goal is to rank up super fast.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Since we're doing class setups, before I prestiged (for my friend >.>) I used four classes for different situations (and I actually used them)

G11/Commando
No attatchment/Silencer
Ballistic Knife/Strela
Semtex
Concussion
Claymore
Hardline Pro/Ghost pro
Sleight of Hand Pro
Ninja Pro

Spectre
Grip/Silencer
Ballistic knife/Strela
Semtex
Concussion
Claymore
Scavenger/Ghost Pro
Sleight of Hand Pro
Ninja Pro

Don't hate on the Ballistic. I never used my secondary except when I needed to move faster for knifing.
I figured "why not use the ballistic?"

Top Bottom