• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Black Ops

P D

Smash Ace
ump is overhyped, all the assualt rifles outclass it at medium+ range.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
So do I.

/End story

Check out the UMP compared to all of the assaults. Only the FAL beats it, but the FAL beats everything if you can double/triple tap and aim well.

Now back to black ops:

I just went 32-2. Had a Gunship but I dieded and was final killcam. =\ My team SUCKED... everyone went like 5-15.... curse you team mates.... die less. Keep sucking and not getting any kills, but please. Just don't die. T_T

Best guns in BO (based off my opinion + chart data a tinnnny bit)

In no particular order:

Assault:
Galil (or was it the Enfield?) - Whichever one completely outshines the other. I'm forgetting which though.
AK47 / Aug - <3 Two favorite MW2 guns...
Commando - I hate this guns name. Pretty much the AK but with faster reload+ADS in.
FAL- If only the gun didn't have choke.... it can't fire fast enough unless you time it perfectly.
M16 - My precious.

Sub:
Spectre - Oh the beauty~ reminds me of my precious Vector.
Mp5/Ak74-u - Tied for this one. IMO it comes down to preference.

Shotgun:
N/A - Haven't touched them yet. Never will.

Sniper:
L96A1 - Only sniper with 1.5 torso. Meaning it's the best 1 shot 1 kill sniper for normal.
Walter (WA2000) - Firerate + low recoil, great for hardcore if you miss that first shot. =P Which happens occasionally. Good for double taps in normal I guess.

Pistol:
Python

Guns being bandwagoned:
AK74-U
FAMAS
Stoner63 (Gee, I wonder why?)
Galil

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
I would be on right now. But I gotta wait like 30 mins.

Also, The Spectre is such an amazing Submachine gun. Second to the AK74u IMHO. And I still love my Enfield :)

EDIT: Hacker Pro is the ultimate troll perk.

:troll:

EDIT2: I lied. Black Ops time.

SuSa

Go down the sides. Avoid the houses. Watch the windows + behind the bus towards the house with the open garage.

EDIT:
If you want to camp, theres a tree by the house with the open garage that nobody ever seems to look at. <_< Just watch your back for the ****ty spawns.

Sariku

Smash Master
Still loving the game, though I can't seem to level up as quickly as I did the first prestige. Maybe people are just getting better at this game?
I've been doing a lot of Team Tactical, if not just Search or SnD.
Capture the flag sucks. It's terrible. I'm level 46, I've been playing Team Tac. since level 20 or so, and I only have 8 flag caps to my marathon. I hate that game mode.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
I just went 32-2. Had a Gunship but I dieded and was final killcam. =\ My team SUCKED... everyone went like 5-15.... curse you team mates.... die less. Keep sucking and not getting any kills, but please. Just don't die. T_T
Conclusion: Teammates suck.

Still loving the game, though I can't seem to level up as quickly as I did the first prestige. Maybe people are just getting better at this game?
I've been doing a lot of Team Tactical, if not just Search or SnD.
Capture the flag sucks. It's terrible. I'm level 46, I've been playing Team Tac. since level 20 or so, and I only have 8 flag caps to my marathon. I hate that game mode.
I actually prefer flag over other gametypes on some occasions. It just gets annoying in gametypes like TDM where the other team starts spawning behind you and it screws you over.

I've noticed this happens frequently on Launch. :/

SuSa

Speaking of Launch... I just played there.

I also had the entire enemy team spawn on my ***..... =|.... yaaay spawn system

Also... yes... teammates suck.. teammates always seem to suck unless it's my cousin/our friend Josh/some guy I added because he was going as good if not better than me the entire time I was playing with him and he wasn't camping.

I try to surround myself with people with 2.0~ or higher K/D's. =P It works out as far as improving goes.

44/50... can't wait to prestige once. :V I need that extra custom class...

PowerBomb

Smash Master
I'm loving the Olympia. Give it Steady Aim and it does stuff. I tried the Spas and could not use it. Everybody would always kill me first with their SMGs, even if I do hit them 1/2 times. Stakeout is a hitmarking machine. The classified shotgun sucks.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
I touched the Masterkey (Shotgun Attachment) - OMFG DID IT GET NERFED!
I didn't use the masterkey much in mw2 so I can't tell if it got nerfed, but I've been doing alright with it so far.

I'm loving the Olympia. Give it Steady Aim and it does stuff. I tried the Spas and could not use it. Everybody would always kill me first with their SMGs, even if I do hit them 1/2 times. Stakeout is a hitmarking machine. The classified shotgun sucks.
This. Olympia rushing is soooo fun. The extremely small clip size and long reload get annoying but that's what makes it a challenge. And if I don't get them with the first 2 shots I switch over to my Makarov and finish them. <3

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Yea that does get annoying when I just wanna pick it up and get out of there.....

Just realized I can run Scavenger and Marathon together.

Discuss.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
lol in mw2 I hated how I couldn't run Marathon and Scavenger to make it easier to get my throwing knife back. It's cool that I can do that now if I wanted to.

But then I'd have to give up Lightweght and no fall damage D:

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
You shouldn't be jumping off anything that should kill you anyways. Unless you wanna Superman off the cliff of Jungle for ****s and giggles :yeahboi:

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Slight of hand Pro > Steady Aim.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
It seems that we cannot stop discussing MW2 in this thread despite :mad:'s request. Please do not discuss MW2 unless you're comparing something from Black Ops to it to further the conversation/discussion.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Wow. The only thing worse than a whole team using the AK74U is a whole team using AK74U with grip and rapid fire. If that's what you need to get kills, I guess.

Aside from that, I'm glad that they nerfed SMGs at longer ranges. The damage drop off is ridiculous and it's nearly impossible to kill someone at long range with any of them (including the 74U). Takes a good 4 or so shots to do so, which shouldn't kill someone smart. Now you really have to limit long range engagements as much as possible with SMGs, which is how it should be.

AK47 w/ dual mags fo lyf.

SuSa

Wow. The only thing worse than a whole team using the AK74U is a whole team using AK74U with grip and rapid fire. If that's what you need to get kills, I guess.

Aside from that, I'm glad that they nerfed SMGs at longer ranges. The damage drop off is ridiculous and it's nearly impossible to kill someone at long range with any of them (including the 74U). Takes a good 4 or so shots to do so, which shouldn't kill someone smart. Now you really have to limit long range engagements as much as possible with SMGs, which is how it should be.

AK47 w/ dual mags fo lyf.
All of the SMG's with rapid fire own. Grip is only needed with rapid fire and/or if you're a noob.

Again. Everyones hopping on the bandwagon.

Spectre > AK74-u

AK47 is a beautiful gun. :awesome: Why dual mags instead of ext. mags? Or do you not use sleight of hand?

Sleight of hands the only 2nd perk worth using. =\ Longer Hold Breathe is for bad snipers imo. I rarely even hold my breathe when I snipe. Learn to keep it still without breathe.

In fact... here's my opinion on all the perks:

Lightweight
Move faster
Pro: + No falling damage
Meh. One big "meh"..... I don't jump off **** like an idiot, nor am I ever in a case where it's "jump off or die". I don't go high up, those spots are horrible because most only have 1 way down. A ladder. That's the only time you'd need this.

Scavenger
Standard: Resupply from dead bodies. Does not resupply launchers or equipment
Pro: + Doubles your starting ammo with extra magazines, replenishes tactical grenades
This used to be totally awesome because I could pick C4 back up. I understand why they took out equipment (camping with claymores all day) but it was the only reason I used it. Running low on ammo? I grab an enemies gun. 90% of the time it's a top tier gun anyways.

Ghost
Standard: Undetectable by Spy Plane and Blackbird
Pro: + Undetectable by aircraft, Dogs, Infra-Red and Sentries. The enemy won’t see your name or a red crosshair when targeting you
This perk is love. Absolute 100% love. It's not quite Cold Blooded but it's **** close enough.

Hardline
Standard: Killstreaks 1 kill early
Pro: + Get a second chance on the result of care packages
..... noobs..... <_< 1 more kill is sooooooooooooo haaaaaaarrrrrrrrrdddd.... if you like to spam RC's I guess this is for you..

Flak Jacket
Standard: Extra explosives resistance
Pro: + Extra fire resistance and reset fuse when you toss back grenades
Like explosives weren't nerfed enough. But ****, this is another good one if you ever get into a match with a tuber <3

Hardened
Standard: Extra bullet penetration
Pro: + Bullets do extra damage to Aircraft and Turrets. Reduced flinch when shot at
Reduced flinch is the only reason to use this.

Scout
Standard: Hold breath longer
Pro: + Switch between weapons faster
*Yawn* Pro is a'ight... but I never use my secondary except to take down enemy spy planes and helicopters... so. useless.

Steady Aim
Standard: Extra accuracy when shooting from the hip
Pro: + Quicker aiming after sprinting and quicker recovery from knife lunge
SPPPPPPPRAAAAAAAAYYY HIPPPPFIIIIIIIIIREEEEEEE!!!!!!! :DDDDDDDDD /noob
Pro is great. It's like MW2's Lightweight Pro (the only reason I EVER used Lightweight in MW2) but with the added faster knifing. Awesome.

Sleight of Hand
Standard: Faster reload
Pro: + Faster aiming down sights with non-scoped weapons
So I have less of a chance of dying when I'm reloading. I nearly always have first draw when caught off guard. <3 Awesome

Warlord
Standard: 2 attachments on primary weapon
Pro: + Start with one extra lethal and tactical grenade (except smoke)
I don't know how to use an iron site!! D= / people use this with red dot/acog/other related thing + Silencer/noobtubes. Pretty much no other reason to use this besides grip+silencer on some guns.

Marathon
Standard: Longer sprint
Pro: + Unlimited sprint
If only this wasn't completely outshined by everything else. Pretty useful in some game modes, great for run&gunners like myself. It's just not... "good enough" to replace my other perk.

Ninja
Standard: Move silently
Pro: + Louder enemy footsteps, makes you completely silent
100% USELESS. Footsteps are already so silent I can't even hear someone running up on me when I'm turtle beaching. If I can't hear you with Ninja Pro while freakin' turtle beaching. Quiet footsteps isn't going to do jack ****. They need to fix the sound on footsteps.

Second Chance
Standard: Pull out pistol before dying
Pro: + Survive longer and any team mate can revive you
Let's take last stand. Now let's take last stand where teammates can save you. FUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Useful for those going for high killstreaks though. If you're at 8, get shot down, get your 9th kill, and a teammate saves you? Now you can have another shot at those dogs/gunship. :) So it's not 100% bad. Reminds me of a nerfed Final Stand.

Hacker
Standard: Detect enemy equipment and explosives
Pro: + Booby trap enemy Care Packages and turn enemy killstreaks and equipment friendly
Starts out like Sitrep. Pretty cool, I can find campers. Pro turns it into the ultimate :troll: perk. I can't wait to get pro on this.... I steal so many carepacks... boobytrapping is going to be hilarious!

Tactical Mask
Standard: Reduce the effect of Flash and Concussion grenades
Pro: + Reduces the effects of Gas and Concussion grenades. Reveals the location of a flashed or stunned enemy
Tier3 is filled with so much epic. Immune to secondary grenades, and if you flash a room and get someone you know where they are... AWESOME.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
So sniping in this game is actually really fun. It's so hard, nobody does it any more and I did get a 360 fakie pistol switch no scope hitmarkerrr. ;_____;

Love this game.

As a reminder guys, if anyone has some fail clips, submit them soon.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
So sniping in this game is actually really fun. It's so hard, nobody does it any more and I did get a 360 fakie pistol switch no scope hitmarkerrr. ;_____;

Love this game.

As a reminder guys, if anyone has some fail clips, submit them soon.
Want my random tomahawk kill? It's fuuuuunnyyyyy.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Random Tomahawks are funny now? If you think it's good, send it to Icy and I.

Top Bottom