• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
****, why didn't I think of that?

It took me like 15 levels before I finally destroyed a Sentry

And the 3 other sentry guns peppered between those levels were all stolen from me when some ******* with Marathon and Lightweight runs right in front of me and knifes the sentry gun while I'm still in the animation

:mad:

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
I think I have 12/15 Pro Perks (Missing Scout, Ghost, and Second Chance, the three most worthless/gay perks in the game, IMO) and the only ones I really go for are Ninja and Scavenger. They just come as you use them, you occasionally see an opportunity to go I ****ing hate Ghost so much, but it's only an annoyance when they're camping corners like *****ES. I use it when I play solo (outside of eZmodeFFA), but that's only to compensate for the fact that 9 times out of 10 my team will be worthless. However, never in my life will I go for Ghost Pro. Even if I manage to finish all of the challenges, I'd never unlock it, I don't like using things that I don't like when people use against me.

Also, Sentry Guns are BEAST in objective games. Just saying. And if you don't need it at the time, you can just use Hardline Pro and re-roll it to something else, pretty stupid, but w/e <3

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Ninja is useless with how silent footsteps are... I ****ing TURTLE BEACH and can't hear people sneak up on me when I have Ninja Pro and they aren't using Ninja...

Ghost is amazing. <3 It counters everything since there isn't any ****ty *** stopping power in this game...

See... campers give perks bad names... :(.... you hate it for the same reason I hate it... It ALL depends how you use ghost... not camping with it = great for flanking. Great for camping for that last kill for a gunship, and it's amazing.

Sentry guns are great to spawnkill with in Domination. :3 Get a team of sentry guns, capture 2 objectives, surround enemy spawn with sentries and claymores. :D

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
I don't like dying by Ghost, so I don't use it. Also, when you have a good party, it's a rare thing for an enemy Spy Plane to go up.

I don't like hearing my own footsteps. In fact, I hate it. In previous games, I didn't prestige because I hated having to level up for Ninja/Dead Silence again, and if I did, I basically crouchwalked everywhere.

Also, I don't have any problem hearing people when I use Ninja Pro since the v1.03 patch. I mean, it's not CoD4 good, or even MW2 good, but it's pretty easy nonetheless.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
I use only Ninja/Hacker. Ninja Pro is fine, with Hacker Pro being just there. People use Claymores and equipment all the time in games I play, so Hacker helps.

Also why is the bomb so... 'loud' when the enemy team is planting it? I mean, it's cool hearing it (I don't have a headset, thinking of getting one), but it's freaking loud. I didn't think it'd be that loud.

SuSa

I can't hear them until they're within knifing distance. -_-

In MW2 I could hear them running from around the other side of the building across the street from me... XD Now it's "**** they're behind me, turn around and knife ASAP"

I mean.. I could hear people with ninja (so long as they weren't crouched) in MW2.... I can't even hear people WITHOUT Ninja in BO... it's stupid and makes me want to switch to Hacker. >.<

SuSa

Going 16-4 and losing the round isn't very efficient. Neither is not being able to aim your gun, just pull a trigger as someone goes through a door. Same with not being able to navigate the map and know where other people are likely to be because all you want is your camp spot. :v

Sadly that's how the majority of campers are. It reminds me of WiFi Wolf's/Olimars who spam C-stick, win, and think they're good players.

Grandeza

Smash Master
I suppose I agree to an extent about your camping ethics, but I totally disagree about some other stuff you said. You sound like someone who gets really mad a lot when they play. Like, you said before you feel using the red dot sight with another attachment is for people who can't aim and use warlord for the wrong reasons. But so what? If I use RDS as another attachment because it helps me aim better, why is that something to be considered nooby? I now hit more accurately than I did before. I don't see why that would be something to call only for people who can't aim without it.

arch knight

Smash Lord
wait how did Susa say that using a RDS is bad ?:V

Usually corner campers dont aim down their sight cause they can spray your rear without much worry of you having the reaction time to turn around.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Warlord is lame. Warlord Pro, on the other hand... is amazing. Lets me save points in Domination more efficiently.

Plus, some of the iron sights on some of the weapons are just... bleh

Grandeza

Smash Master
wait how did Susa say that using a RDS is bad ?:V
-Susa(in reference to Warlord):
I don't know how to use an iron site!! D= / people use this with red dot/acog/other related thing + Silencer/noobtubes. Pretty much no other reason to use this besides grip+silencer on some guns.
and I mean c'mon, just cause one uses RDS doesn't mean they're a nub who can't use iron sights.

arch knight

Smash Lord
I see must have missed that part >.>
thank you.

but even so warlord pro is incredibly useful especially when trying for scavenger pro. imo

SuSa

I suppose I agree to an extent about your camping ethics, but I totally disagree about some other stuff you said. You sound like someone who gets really mad a lot when they play. Like, you said before you feel using the red dot sight with another attachment is for people who can't aim and use warlord for the wrong reasons. But so what? If I use RDS as another attachment because it helps me aim better, why is that something to be considered nooby? I now hit more accurately than I did before. I don't see why that would be something to call only for people who can't aim without it.
Oh no, don't get me wrong. If RDS helps you aim better it helps you aim better... but most people can't use an iron site.. but some guns NEED a freakin' RDS because their iron site is just THAT inaccurate and bad.

Ever use the LSW in MW2?

"Hey.. what should we make the iron site be?"
"Oh! I know! *holds up a needle*"
"Perfect!"

Most inaccurate, piece of **** iron site ever.... sometimes hits at the base, other times at the tip, other times just as the top... **** that iron site, I haven't met ANYONE who can use it properly... it's "align the needle onto enemy and ****ing PRAY IT HITS"

I don't HATE people who use it. But with maybe a week of using an iron site, it becomes useless. ACOG can be useful for the slightly-larger maps with long hallways and such. Nothing against getting a zoom if it helps you aim - I just don't need it.

I just see warlord as a waste if you use it with a site that isn't ACOG... =\ hell, I'd rather see a silencer and noobtubes in it than a RDS or Reflext sight... I mean, they are there to help you aim but when some guns just have an amazingly accurate iron site... I just go "lolwut?" when I see a reflex on the gun. When I see an RDS on the M16 I shake my head... it's iron site is beautifully accurate... just learn to use the gun and you open up a whole new ball park of perks and attachments to use on the gun...

TL;DR
What Powerbomb said about iron sites. :awesome:

EDIT:

I never get frustrated/mad at the game. If I die to a claymore, I stick on Hacker. When I'm using lightweight and the enemy team is calling in Spy Planes every few seconds, I switch to ghost. I have 5 different classes all with different perks, guns, and uses. In MW2 I used 9 classes because 5 just wasn't enough... I often switch to the class that best counters what the enemy team is doing. Camping buildings? I switch over to my AUG w/ ext. mags and RPG's. Using Hacker as my perk to find claymores and such.

Facing a team of rushers with SMG's? I'll switch over to my silenced M16 and flank them and shoot them from behind.

Facing a team of noobtubers? These don't exist in BO so far... I've died to a noobtube from like 2 different people... EVER.... <3 something I def. don't miss from MW2....

Facing a team of wolves (this is what I call teams that ALWAYS move around in groups of 2-3) I pull out my SMG w/ ext mags and lightweight+sleight of hand. Get first draw and be able to maneuver around enough to avoid being shot. Reloads super fast and I can spray a little if needed.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
If you're good, there's generally no reason to use a sight over another attachment. In general, sights are crutches used to help you aim better because they're generally easier to use than irons. However, good players are typically proficient with iron sights, and thus can use their attachment on things that can't be accomplished by simply being good, such as not showing up on the minimap when you fire, or having more bullets per mag, or reloading faster.

I only use sights when I'm doing the X headshots contracts, because they're clearer and thus make it easier to hit the head. But for standard, no headshot whoring play, they're completely wasteful.

Edit: Susa, if the LSW is the first LMG, then I did use it, for 2500 kills, and I didn't really have a problem with its irons. I used grip on it, actually.

SuSa

It's iron site is literally just a pin... RPG, AUG, M240 outshine it in every way possible.... LSW was just.. so... BAD....

If you're good, there's generally no reason to use a sight over another attachment. In general, sights are crutches used to help you aim better because they're generally easier to use than irons. However, good players are typically proficient with iron sights, and thus can use their attachment on things that can't be accomplished by simply being good, such as not showing up on the minimap when you fire, or having more bullets per mag, or reloading faster.
Pretty much summed up what I was trying to say.

EDIT:
21-1 in 2 minutes of Sabotage... XD had to pick up 3 different weapons and lure an enemy into my C4 to pick up his gun.... man not having a secondary sucks sometimes... :V "Oh god oh god.. getting shot. *takes out C4 *Throws it on doorway and runs inside* *pauses 3 seconds* *blows it up* +100... YES!!!!!!

EDIT:
Then I go 4 vs 7 (yep... it glitched) and lose in about a minute and 20 seconds going 1-3.. spawned late.. got spawnkilled by a grenade. Spawned, rounded a corner into an RC. Spawned. Killed someone and got shot from behind as bomb blows up.

****ing spawn system.

arch knight

Smash Lord
eh its k Susa we all make mistakes just dont want you to be firing an RPG at me when it clearly looks like an RPD -.-

SuSa

lol.

Been having some bad games these past few matches... :v 21 KD to a 0.33... to a 1.2... =\

If I didn't have a contract for 75 M16 kills I'd switch to another gun... :v One thing I hate about these contracts.

(Besides 75 kills with the M16 can be hard in 40 minutes sometimes -_- I barely make it...)

kr3wman

Smash Master
I like sitting around for a minute in the lobby waiting for more players to balance the teams... when there's 12/12 or 18/18 players lol.

SuSa

I was going to leave but decided "nah, more will join"

They never did.

BTW I play Sabotage. Not Ground Wars. So 6 vs 6 is norm... But 3 vs 7? WTF?

EDIT:
25-1... got found with my Gunship. :( Used 4 different weapons and had to knife someone after running out of ammo, it forcing me into my secondary, and getting shot at.... oh the bull**** I live though.. <_< guy was probably sooo mad...

0.33 (off screen, I commented a few comments ago) || 3.0 || 2.0 || 3.5 || 5.0 || 8.0 || 3.0 || 25.0 || 12.0 || 3.0

Just in case someone didn't believe my 25-1. XD I've had a few "epic/unbelievable" moments today...

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
So I love trickshots, I never did them 'til now. Anyone else tried them yet?

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
I usually believe most people... but every game I play I see people with 2.0's and 3's at the top. The highest they usually get is 8.0~~, but then I see you guys claiming 10.0's daily.
I see that susa's is legit, but I wonder about others. nobody specific has given me reason, but you have to wonder if a few people claiming such high kd's are lying. Right?

SuSa

I get multiple 10.0's or higher daily. Although I average in 3.0-5.0 area with a few "bad games"..... although I blame teammates being 100% useless when I have 2 people on my team who went under 3 kills with 10+ deaths...and I do agree with you about claiming such high K/D's. Which is why I provided a picture as backup. It gets fishy sometimes, and I noticed I've been speaking a LOT about my 9.0+'s and such. Usually at least get 1 every 5 games. Just had 3 bad games for example. (1-3, 0-5, 1-4)

I also only did trickshots/quickscopes/no scopes in MW2.... (to stay on that topic)

Grandeza

Smash Master
I don't think I've ever had a 10+ KD for a game unless it was really short or something lol. I'm having a hard enough time inching my KD above 1.0.

SuSa

It's hard to maintain a 2.0+ because a single HORRIBLE (talking like 1-10, it was just NOT your match) hurts your KD so hard... >.<

I think my K/D right now is only 2.18 overall... maaaybe a tiny bit higher... but I keep getting 1.5~ matches and 2.0's... so I'll probably float just above a 2.0 forever. =\

(So much for my 2.5+ goal....)

EDIT:
What sensitivites do you all play at?

I used 9 in MW2 but 8 works perfectly in BO.

SNTRL

Smash Lord
Played a few games around level 20 now, took some adjusting since i was since so crazy about mw2. Anyways my Kd eneded up being 25-9, good for my first game right? lol I see people still *****n/complaining about "something" or everything. Either somethings too cheap or not cheap enough.

Situation, I was in this game a guy chased me in a room, i killed him...then his teammate, I backd into a different corner, the guy that chased me came back in looked in the wrong corner, I got him again, "i lol'd" and went into another corner, he came back...looking in the previous corner...i killed him for a third time.

To me I played that out well, but to him...i was "camping" and preceeded to call me "the N word" O_O lol point is im curious was i camping? If I was it seemed to pretty darn well against his run&gun tactic lol

Edit: Oh after the third time I left the out of the room and got killed lol

SuSa

That's the definition of camping. But at least you were smart about it.

I'd have just lit up each corner of the room before entering. Or throw a C4 in there. =P

Oh... and this is why Thermal screws me over. Not only do I turtle beach... I eagle eye.

Lamp+Speakers there so you can fully grasp how big my screen is.. (it's a projector)

EDIT:
12k more xp til 1st prestige. :)

SNTRL

Smash Lord
It wasn't like i sat in the room from the beginning, i happpen to get shot on my way in and turned and killed my attacker =) I just been playing cod long enough to know that once you kill someone in a certain area they comeback and most times looking in the spot you were before.

(General statement) I believe in "good positioning" if i so happen to end up in a spot where i get kills and the idiots keep coming around the corner trying to kill me but keep getting tagged Im gonna stay there until they learn their lesson. Im not going to be there the entire game but for that moment I got the kills coming to me.

I have camped before and its.....quite boring. No one really comes by but I rather my teammates camp than run&gun and keep getting killed resulting in our lost or giving the enemy killstreaks.....resulting in our lost lol

Edit: Turtle beach? eagle eye? what are these terms you speak of? O_o
and projector?....niiiceee (jealous)

Top Bottom