• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Delta-cod, I am sorry that you experience it that way, but I always get kills except ones from ridiculous range.
Most maps take place at mid range. Shotguns are only good for close range, to be really honest. They can't do anything even at a reasonable range.
The skorpion, however, seems false to its stats to me.
I can get mid-high range kills with it. When I do use it (its actually one of my classes, although the least used) I use rapid fire.
I've used it a lot, actually, but it's not really suited for mid range combat. Any AR will absolutely make you look like a JOKE at that range, because you only need to be hit 3-4 times while you need to land 5 shots. Take into account that you won't hit every shot, and that there's probably cover for the AR to abuse, meaning that you can either shoot through it, further dropping off damage, or try to shoot over it, which slows your RoF and accuracy further, makes it inefficient.

It's range is TOO small to be very effective. =/

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
That's what you've experienced, but I have experienced.
I'm stating facts that with all ethics to what is important in the game aside, I get good K/D's against good people and I effectively use the scorpion over even assault rifles and other submachine guns most of the time.
Conjecture on how it works for you doesn't reflect its overall usefulness, not to say that other guns aren't better.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I guess we've just had different experiences. I just feel really limited as to what I can do and where I can move with the Skorpion.

And it's not just conjecture, I've used it for over 300 kills across several different maps and gametypes. :bee:

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Delta's right, the Skorpion is weak as balls. It drops off to 20 damage after 10 meters, after 7.5 meters with a silencer. With a 20 Round Clip and 750 RPM, that **** sucks, insta-depletion right there. I don't care how good you are with it, that **** sucks.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
I can't say anything
I like the ****ing Skorpion and it works for me.
If you're not close enough to get a kill with the skorpion then you're in a midsized area, I hang around door ways and go through small flank paths.
Can't it just be that?
Can't you look at my post and try to get what I say rather than just saying the first thing that comes from your head to contradict it?

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I guess it just works for me.
Maybe its because I avoid open areas.
I avoid open areas too, but even then, your basic CQ confrontation can be over 10 meters (seriously, 10 meters is nothing), so you're getting no damage output. Shotguns have a larger range, seriously. And they transmit it all instantaneously. They're better at the Skorpion's job than the Skorpion, lol.

And we're not saying you can't use it effectively, we're just saying it sucks.

http://denkirson.xanga.com/735016527/black-ops/

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I don't think it'd be too much of a stretch to say that if you're good at using the Skorpion, you'll be even better using just about any other SMG or shotgun.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Nobody wanted to do midnight games :L Also, I love the SPAS-12 in this too. Just play smart and it's reliable.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
I would play midnight games but my parents make me go to bed at like, 10:30 :<

Yea the spas is decent. I also like the Olympia, so satisfying to get kills with.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
So I got a chance to play BO a little bit (only on 360, not my favorite system for shooters since I hate the controllers), and the snipers are just horrible. Maybe I just need some work but **** they seem bad, almost to where they make me not want to get this game. Is there something wrong with me or are the snipers just that useless in this game?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gU-WGBsC6Z4

Hopefully this helps. I hate sniping, and unless quickscopers are good enough to get kills and do good I hate them too. this guy would be a good addition to a team though.

EDIT: thanks for adding.

You also have GwJumpman or whatever it is, on the exbox thing twice. in case you didn't know.

Lobos

Smash Master
Someone tried to quickscope me yesterday multiple times and failed. I think the stakeout is my favorite weapon in the game.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Random tomahawk kill across the map. Got it on my file share from a couple different angles. :awesome:

Oh, and @ sir :mad: and Thunder: I didn't join your games because I only had like 10 more minutes to play and had no mic....soya. Hit me up whenever because I've got a lot of time off.

Grandeza

Smash Master
I dislike mortar teams even on something like domination. I get like one kill with it. I like Napalms, but they're inconsistent. I like blackbird but I'm very good so I haven't gotten any yet ;P I'm also struggling between Ghost and Hardline. I got the AK47, my favorite MW2 weapon, so hopefully I'll like it a lot.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
yeah ghost or hardlines the hardest choice for me

i have 2 separate classes for 2 of my fav weapons, same thing in each class cept for ghost in one hardline on another lol

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
This is for the one Wii Black Ops player here:

Connectivity fix for Wii version of Call of Duty: Black Ops incoming

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/11/19/connectivity-fix-for-wii-version-of-call-of-duty-black-ops-inco/

community manager Josh Olin has announced that "We have fixed many of the problems you have reported and are currently testing those fixes in anticipation of releasing an update." The patch will be available "within the next week or so."
Didn't think it was possible for game companies to patch games on the Wii tbh, the more you know! I'm glad Treyarch is planning on patching bugs/glitches etc. on every platform. :)

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
2 Chopper Gunners and almost 2 Dogs in one game? I daresay Nuketown is the best map. I was one away from Dogs the second time around, but the game was almost over and I called in my Huey so it didn't count. :(

PowerBomb

Smash Master
If anyone is going to prestige, waste all of your money on emblems/playercard stuff right before you do so, as you lose all of your money as soon as you prestige. Probably old, but eh.

Also Chopper Gunner > everything on Jungle.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
It feels like getting buzzkilled from a Chopper Gunner makes me rage more than when I get spawned 6 times in a row <_<

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I'm so ****ing pissed

My first ever Gunship I actually earn and not jack from some care package, and the host leaves the ****ing game once I call it in :mad:

PowerBomb

Smash Master
I really wish the MP5k had grip to handle some of its recoil. Unlocked my FAMAS and Ak-74u, so now I can ditch the MP5 and do other stuff.

It also ticks me off when people don't try and help the team in Domination. Come on, K/D isn't that big of a deal. Just help the team keep B...

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I have to ask why. To me it's a black jeep with a call of duty sticker. Am I missing something?
Pretty much this:

I read about that, it's also on the map 'Nuketown'.
When my dad showed me it (he's gonna get it next year when he trades off his car), I was like "HOLY CRAP DAD, IT'S ON NUKETOWN!"

Then I proceeded to walk over there since I happened to be playing on Nuketown at the time and show him it XD

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
When my dad showed me it (he's gonna get it next year when he trades off his car), I was like "HOLY CRAP DAD, IT'S ON NUKETOWN!"

Then I proceeded to walk over there since I happened to be playing on Nuketown at the time and show him it XD
And that's what you call paid product placement. Jeep probably paid Activision/Treyarch millions of dollars to have their latest vehicle in the new hot game of the year.

It works anyways. Not like in-game advertising and paid product placement is new in video games anyways.

And in case anyone cares, there's another patch for the PC version of the game.

PSN: xAvarice___ (3 underscores)

I'm bad.
Just added you, thanks.

Top Bottom