• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Black Ops

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
That's weird because they sell them in 1200 2400 and 4800 over here.
It all depends where you live.

In Canada, stores sell MS points in increments of 1,400 and 2,800.

We get ripped off. We pay the same and get less.

Oh well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_points#Card_pricing

- In the United States, many retailers sell pre-paid cards with a value of 1,600 or 4,000 Microsoft Points.
- In Canada, most video game retailers sell pre-paid cards with a value of 1,400 or 2,800 Microsoft Points.
- In the United Kingdom and Ireland, most video game retailers sell pre-paid cards with a value of 2,100 or 4,200 Microsoft Points.
- In Mexico, game stores sell pre-paid cards with a value of 1,500 Microsoft Points.
- In Australia and New Zealand, game and department stores sell pre-paid cards with values of 1,500 and 3,000 Microsoft Points.
- In Japan, retail stores and some convenience stores sell pre-paid cards with a value of 700 and 3,500 Microsoft Points .
Some stores near you may sell them in different amounts but above is how they usually distribute them. Hope this helps.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
you can use you credit card to purchase microsoft points too. Which is better because you can buy exactly 1200(along with 400, 800, 1600, or 4000) microsoft points. Unless only some people have access to that feature(I really don't know). I just thought I should point it out.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
you can use you credit card to purchase microsoft points too. Which is better because you can buy exactly 1200(along with 400, 800, 1600, or 4000) microsoft points. Unless only some people have access to that feature(I really don't know). I just thought I should point it out.
Yeah, but then Microsoft has your credit card on your account. It's very difficult to remove it I've heard/read.

And remember, points are not universal unlike XBL gold membership codes. If you guys buy them from your local Gamestop or whatever, they'll only work on an American account.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
I r happy face. Got a laptop (but it's a mac book so imma return it and switch it for a pc or something cuz I hate using macs) and I was also surprised to get turtle beaches.

Is the turtle beach X11 usable? (NOT the best or great, I just want usable since I never planned to get turtle beaches, etc.)

And Olympia is amazing. I find the Stakeout to be too inconsistent for me :/

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I r happy face. Got a laptop (but it's a mac book so imma return it and switch it for a pc or something cuz I hate using macs) and I was also surprised to get turtle beaches.

Is the turtle beach X11 usable? (NOT the best or great, I just want usable since I never planned to get turtle beaches, etc.)

And Olympia is amazing. I find the Stakeout to be too inconsistent for me :/
I've heard Mac's are more reliable. Do research before you make a hasty decision. I'd almost kill for a macbook. But they're also very photoshop friendly, so that's why I'm looking at one. But, I want a computer for gaming, if THAT's the case, get a desktop, not a laptop. Desktop can be upgraded. Laptop can't. I wanna kick myself for not getting a desktop when I got my computer... Which is a lappy. :(

I have TB-X11s. I love them. They are very usable.

Olympia is okay. I find the stakeout more reliable. But I rush, and usually run into a couple guys at kill range. So no biggie there.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
I've heard Mac's are more reliable. Do research before you make a hasty decision. I'd almost kill for a macbook. But they're also very photoshop friendly, so that's why I'm looking at one. But, I want a computer for gaming, if THAT's the case, get a desktop, not a laptop. Desktop can be upgraded. Laptop can't. I wanna kick myself for not getting a desktop when I got my computer... Which is a lappy. :(

I have TB-X11s. I love them. They are very usable.

Olympia is okay. I find the stakeout more reliable. But I rush, and usually run into a couple guys at kill range. So no biggie there.
I want a computer that programs are made for........ Plus I'm not fond of navigating through macs.........

Ok then glad I have the X11s if they're usable :D

I rush too. And I shove lead into my enemies' faces with my Olympia. Like a boss.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
First game, I joined a room full of prestiges and used the assault class. I went 39-3.
PS3 players are better

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
PS3 players are better hahaha.

Your just using a superior controller.

So if your OK at PS3, your gonna be a bit of a beast on 360.

Your also probably not used to playing entire matches without disconnecting either :p

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
omg so many Xmas noobs last night I got dogs like s minute and a half in the game, never got to call my chopper though cause my team was full of prestiges and the other team pretty much noobs so the rest of my team hogged the air support and kill *****d too lol game ended in like 3 min

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I've been taking this time to get second chance pro. Much easie to catch em offguard for revenge kills when they're still suprised they can't even run very fast.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
First game on xbox?
Oh yeah, I forgot. Sorreh, I was on a wii typing.

PS3 players are better hahaha.

Your just using a superior controller.

So if your OK at PS3, your gonna be a bit of a beast on 360.

Your also probably not used to playing entire matches without disconnecting either :p
Gotta say, controller- yes. Much better, especially for aiming.
This is true, because my mediocrity on PS3 has transferred into decency.
I have yet to be disconnected, while on my PS3 I can't even connect in my room.
Also, add meh, everyone. WretchedXII

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion

360 controller is so much more comfortable for me.

The games disconnecting on the PS3 is out of this world obnoxious. The connection is almost always a 2 or 3 bar and it's barely playable. I just quit the lobby if I have a 3 bar....it's ridiculous.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Wretched I was actually half joking, except the controller part ;)

Also, I got 12 months premie and I'm thinking of gifting 3 months to someone in this thread, so I might have a mini, "Best video" competition.

If you guys like the sound of that?

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
So my older brother played about 8 games on my PSN, and somehow brought my K/D down about 0.2; from 3.36-3.17. For someone who plays this game so frequently, he's so unimaginably bad. :( Christmas kids, give me your strength!

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
So my older brother played about 8 games on my PSN, and somehow brought my K/D down about 0.2; from 3.36-3.17. For someone who plays this game so frequently, he's so unimaginably bad. :( Christmas kids, give me your strength!
That much from 8 games!? What did he do? Go 0-30 each game?

M.K

Level 55
My PS3 can't connect to the Black Ops server ("The CoD: Black Ops server is not available at this time. Please try again later or visit (website) for updates"). Is this happening for anyone else?

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
^^lol the Christmas noobs, they be taking your connections.

Imma add you too

O D I N let's plaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy

Top Bottom