• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Fletch

Smash Master
Obviously if anyone finds leaks of the maps post them here as soon as you can. Hockey Rink sounds interesting.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
OK WTFFFFFFFFF. I hate the damned spawn in Nuketown. I literally don't move more than 3 footsteps and I get stuck with a freaking semtex by some guy who was camping inside teh damned house.

Goddamn it CoD you're starting to ruin me with my horrible luck and all!

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
The trick is to have a few people to plant claymores at the back of the garden you spawn in to stop people spawning behind you.

I'm still convinced the safest area in that map is in the middle near the truck/wooden cabinet.

You can cover 3 of their spawn points....The garage/left alley, Front Door and right alley from that area and are usually only caught off guard by a rolling frag or someone in the window of the house.

EZ.

Smash Rookie
The trick is to have a few people to plant claymores at the back of the garden you spawn in to stop people spawning behind you.

I'm still convinced the safest area in that map is in the middle near the truck/wooden cabinet.

You can cover 3 of their spawn points....The garage/left alley, Front Door and right alley from that area and are usually only caught off guard by a rolling frag or someone in the window of the house.
I sit there when I play Nuke town and it's awesome. Not to much to worry about and you get lots of kills.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
I've already found videos showing off some alleged screenshots of the maps:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AS8pCeR8lI

These are not confirmed. (May be fake screenshots.) Remember, they can change everything/a lot in the next 2 months.
I'm glad they're looking at people's opinions on the shipped maps to make these new ones. Hopefully one of the new maps is a good sniping map.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
I don't see why they would patch the 74u, it's not overpowered. If the 74u is overpowered then every single assault rifle is overpowered.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
At shorter ranges, I think so. I think the AK74U works better at long range than the other SMGs.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
The UMP45 is in no way even comparable to the AK-74u. NO WAY. The UMP always killed in 3 shots, and you didn't have to use stopping power to do so. The recoil it had is a joke compared to any weapon in Black Ops, including the AK-747u. It's ludicrous that anybody would ever make that comparison. The AK-74u is far from overpowered, it's overcentralizing, which makes it feel overpowered. The real problems with the SMGs is not the AK-74u being overpowered, it's the fact that every SMG outside of the AK-74u is worthless. The other SMGs need a buff, if they patch the AK-74u, the entire SMG class becomes invalid as competitively viable weapons.

On a far more important note, Patch 1.05 was released for the PS3 today(12/22)! NOTE: This doesn't apply to the Xbox, because the Xbox had none of these problems, or they've already been addressed on the Xbox. What's included in the patch is as follows:
12/22 (full patch 1.05)
• Improved party reliability when leaving with party – an additional step in an ongoing series of party improvements continued in the next patch
• Improved UPnP functionality – further expands the game’s capability to open NATs on routers with universal plug and play enabled
• Enabled mute functionality in Playercards in the pre-game lobby
• Enabled kick functionality in party and private match lobbies
• Addressed an issue where the pre-game lobby would not always display properly when multiple players leave the lobby after a team split
• Addressed an issue where the pre-game lobby would appear stuck on the countdown timer while waiting to balance teams
Personally, I haven't played yet, but I'm really excited.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Yeah, there's no one to mute.

I was playing on my friend's PS3 yesterday and I just can't do it for the life of me. The controller is so awkward and the joysticks are terrible for me. Playing with 10 sensitivity on the PS3 feels like 1,000 sensitivity.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Man CoD must be high or something because I've already muted an entire lobby full of people that echoed some squeaker's complaints before the update.

Though yeah, nobody ever uses a mic on the PS3. That's why Xbox has all the mics. Every single damned console comes with a mic, no matter how crappy it is

And I prefer the joysticks of the PS3. They don't feel as stiff as the Xbox ones do

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Yeah, the patch is good, and it was definitely much needed. F8AL, we were able to mute pre-1.04, but the 1.04 patch messed it up.

PS3 thumbsticks themselves > Xbox thumbsticks themselves.
PS3 thumbstick placement < Xbox thumbstick placement.
PS3 controller design (for shooters) < Xbox controller design (for shooters).
PS3 Controller > Xbox Controller

I wanna get into GB, but I'm far too lazy to do it for now.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
The thumbsticks on the 360 are indented for a better grip and give more resistance so it is easier to control.
I don't see how the ps3 controller is better. it feels too small, too (My hands are gigantic).

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, the patch is good, and it was definitely much needed. F8AL, we were able to mute pre-1.04, but the 1.04 patch messed it up.

PS3 thumbsticks themselves > Xbox thumbsticks themselves.
PS3 thumbstick placement < Xbox thumbstick placement.
PS3 controller design (for shooters) < Xbox controller design (for shooters).
PS3 Controller > Xbox Controller

I wanna get into GB, but I'm far too lazy to do it for now.
Okay, whatever you say.

And that video I posted a little while ago, had some screenshots of the maps. They are real, some hackers found/accessed them via the game disc itself.

(Not sure if the maps are already on the disc...)

BlueZebra

Smash Journeyman
Hey has anyone tried this controller? I just got a ps3 recently and I'm still deciding if it's even worth the buy. A friend of mine told me if I wanted it to really feel like a 360 controller to get that and Dual Triggers.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
I just spent my 3rd block accounting class watching Home Alone and going on smashboards :)

I really hope I'll be able to play some BO over my break. Still haven't gotten my xbox back.......

Also hope I get a laptop for Christmas so I can start recording stuff for montages. :D

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I just spent my 3rd block accounting class watching Home Alone and going on smashboards :)

I really hope I'll be able to play some BO over my break. Still haven't gotten my xbox back.......

Also hope I get a laptop for Christmas so I can start recording stuff for montages. :D

I'm spending my 8th period Personal Finance class watching Home Alone.

Lobos

Smash Master
Activision/Sony offered up a 'couple hundred thousand' in prize money and staffing support to have CoD Black Ops on the circuit on the PS3; also Treyarch sounds like they're patching in LAN support for MLG

YESSSSS

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
In case anyone missed it, there are some screenshots/loading screens for the 'First Strike' map pack/DLC coming out next year.

Stadium - Will take place in a hockey rink/sports complex.

Discovery - An arctic-based map that takes place in a snow-riddled German research station that you might recognize from the campaign.

Kowloon - Also based on a single player mission. (No screenshots atm.)

Berlin Wall - Takes place at Checkpoint Charlie, a commonly-known crossing point between East Berlin and West Berlin during the Cold War.

No screenshots for the zombies map, 'Ascension' as well.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
man so i have to buy an extra 400 mic points for the map pack

darn you microsoft
They offer MS points in those increments so you'll always have something left over which you can't buy anything with.

Treyarch may bundle all the map packs/DLC at a later date like they did with WaW, so keep that in mind.

Top Bottom