• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Black Ops

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
I like the napalm because I play a lot of domination, and it pretty much blocks the opposing team from getting to certain places.

I can really only get into domination, demolition, and search. Aside from those, team ghostmatch is extremely boring/frustrating, and the rest of the gametypes are just meh.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I like the napalm because I play a lot of domination, and it pretty much blocks the opposing team from getting to certain places.

I can really only get into domination, demolition, and search. Aside from those, team ghostmatch is extremely boring/frustrating, and the rest of the gametypes are just meh.
Yeah, it's good to defend flags/bomb sites and to cut off high-traffic areas of the maps for 10-15 seconds. Surprised that people still try to run through the flames lol.

I like TDM and Domination. Nothing else really interests me. Meh.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I've been using Spy Plane, Counter, and Blackbird for the last 6 months.

I can't tell you how annoying it is when I play with Wombos and they use stupid killstreaks that only help themselves.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I've been using Spy Plane, Counter, and Blackbird for the last 6 months.

I can't tell you how annoying it is when I play with Wombos and they use stupid killstreaks that only help themselves.
Same, I quite enjoy messing around with the enemy team's mini-map by using my counter spy planes. I'm a team player so getting a blackbird gets the team like 10-15 kills in those 40/45 seconds it's active.

Nothing wrong with some players running high kill streaks tho like CG and dogs/gunship.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Nothing wrong with some players running high kill streaks tho like CG and dogs/gunship.
It's this that bothers me. My friends are often average and never get these killstreaks. Come to think of it, everything I do in this game revolves around stopping killstreaks. I can usually pull a decent player that can use SAM Turret to compliment the Counters, and I'm thankful for those kinds of people.

Maybe I just really hate the selfishness of this game because I don't play Free-for-All enough.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
In my last few days of Blops, I ran Spyplane/Sam Turret/Dogs.
The reason for which is because if you get a blackbird, you team can still be full of idiots who don't use it right. If you get Dogs, you pretty much single handedly exert complete map control, which is too much for me not to use.

Matt07

Smash Master
@ :mad: - I'm kinda the same way. SAM Turret's, UAV, C-UAV, etc., is just much more helpful to your whole team, then someone using a Chopper Gunner...

Just sucks Hacker users can see a SAM Turret :(.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
I usually run Spy Plane/Blackbird/Chopper Gunner. I help out the team with the first 2 killstreaks and once the Blackbird is gone I rip the team apart some more with the Chopper Gunner.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
I run the same as Nate, no c-uav cause I already run strela as a secondary. Chopper helps alot in tdm because it gets kills and well, the point of the gametype is to kill your opponents lol so its helping your team too by helping them get tha win easier. Chopper also helps for dem and Dom cause I usually tell my team I have a Huey so Ill spawn **** other team with it while my team plants/defends the bomb or cap a flag

:phone:

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
My killstreaks are usually Attack Helicopter/Chopper Gunner/Gunship. Yeah.

... Just kidding.

I generally go with Spy Plane(or RC-XD/Counter-Spy Plane/SAM Turret/Napalm Strike/Care Package, any killstreak from 3-5)/Blackbird/Gunship

I find that the Low-Medium-High killstreak layout is the best, and I can normally get one full set per game, and even if I don't, I'll usually pull at least one Blackbird.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I'm just going for completing challenges atm I'm running mortar, attack helicopter, and blackbird, but SAM turret is my most used killstreak :3

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I love that. "My Chopper Gunner puts pressure on the other team so they can play the objective."

This game could always use more Leaf Bugs, preferably on my team.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Yeah, that's bull****. I delete people who say that, especially if we're losing. If there's even a chance my team will lose, my *** is on that flag, not blindly, but I put winning over everything.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
But Chopper Gunners do put pressure on the enemy team.......I'm not saying you should play solely for a Chopper Gunner in objective game modes. But if you're playing the objective and manage to get a good enough killstreak for a chopper gunner and then you save it for the next round when your team is on offense, what's wrong with using the Chopper Gunner to make it more difficult for the enemy team?

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
But Chopper Gunners do put pressure on the enemy team.......I'm not saying you should play solely for a Chopper Gunner in objective game modes. But if you're playing the objective and manage to get a good enough killstreak for a chopper gunner and then you save it for the next round when your team is on offense, what's wrong with using the Chopper Gunner to make it more difficult for the enemy team?
A lot of the time, Chopper Gunners do not put you at an angle where you can ideally shoot at the objective. That, plus the fact that they can be shot down within 5 seconds of the doors opening makes them very weak for such tasks. They also don't take into account Ghost users, which everyone here seems to complain about.

As a measure of reference, I can single handedly take down an enemy Chopper Gunner before it kills me. Line up the shot, fire right as the doors open, SoH Strela, take another.

If you have a teammate who is also using any kind of launcher and does the same, the Chopper Gunner will not get a kill.

Blackbirds can't get shot down and everyone on your team can use it to get their own kills. These kills fuel your own teammate's killstreaks, making them much more advantageous to use. If you wait to die before using a Blackbird, you can use its effect to get another one for yourself.

Enemy teams also frequently **** bricks when there is a Blackbird active. Especially in an objective game mode, when enemy movement paths are obvious, having a Blackbird up means the enemy won't even have a chance at getting to wherever they need to go.

Blackbirds are BROKEN.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Yeah, that's bull****. I delete people who say that, especially if we're losing. If there's even a chance my team will lose, my *** is on that flag, not blindly, but I put winning over everything.
We just sometimes get into situations where people can't get the high killsteaks and more often than not, they barely break even. Had they used anything low, it could give us some momentum. But no, people value direct kills.

Please don't try to justify your using a Chopper Gunner by saying it helps the team. When picking killstreaks, you first and foremost look at what will give you the most kills. It might sound greedy, but everyone does it. There are numerous maps where it doesn't have much use and as prominent as Ghost is, people can avoid it by sporting the ghillie suit and taking refuge in a building. If it works for you, then congrats. You just killed 12 people from the safety of a Huey. Nice laptop.

I have no problem with anyone using the killstreaks, if you want to be "that guy" then be my guest. I'm just saying that it's very selfish to have others play the objective while you finish the game 42-3-6, but with no flag caps or defuses. I can't tell you how many games I've lost because nobody will hop on a bomb, this happens the most in Search which is a good enough reason for me to not play it.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
I have no problem with anyone using the killstreaks, if you want to be "that guy" then be my guest. I'm just saying that it's very selfish to have others play the objective while you finish the game 42-3-6, but with no flag caps or defuses. I can't tell you how many games I've lost because nobody will hop on a bomb, this happens the most in Search which is a good enough reason for me to not play it.
We've still been playing tons of domination lately, and it's hilarious how many people see it as an extended TDM. If we ever lose B flag, or any flag of importance for that matter, I hop on it with a flak/tac mask class while I watch my teammates Leo Strut right on over it and get demolished as they walk into the enemy spawn. People are so ****ing stupid and annoying when it comes to objective play.

Had a good game on Stadium dom last night, and having a really good K/D with 6 caps feels great, given to get such a game you have to play bad kids/people who aren't using ghost.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Thunder, Swamp and I have a **** party going. Just went 73-28 aww yeah.

SwampertTheGreat

Smash Ace
I run 8/9/11 but I still play the objective.I always hop on b flag.My gunships/Choppers won us so many games today.

I don't approve of people of people using Dom as a extended tdm though.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
I feel so excluded.
I promise that I will either:
1. Get a copy of BlackOps before MW3 comes out.
2. Play copious amounts of MW3 with you guys when it comes out, and never stop playing with you.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
We just sometimes get into situations where people can't get the high killsteaks and more often than not, they barely break even. Had they used anything low, it could give us some momentum. But no, people value direct kills.

Please don't try to justify your using a Chopper Gunner by saying it helps the team. When picking killstreaks, you first and foremost look at what will give you the most kills. It might sound greedy, but everyone does it. There are numerous maps where it doesn't have much use and as prominent as Ghost is, people can avoid it by sporting the ghillie suit and taking refuge in a building. If it works for you, then congrats. You just killed 12 people from the safety of a Huey. Nice laptop.

I see your point. But it still works well in Demolition. On many occasions in Demolition I"ve seen someone on my team get a Chopper gunner and use it the next round and spawn kill everyone while I go plant the bombs. Then again none of them used Ghost for whatever reason during those matches, so idk maybe they were just bad. I don't really use the Chopper gunner much anyway. Spy/Coiunter/Blackbird is pretty fun since you help your team and screw the enemy's radar. But if I'm playing Demolition, if someone gets a Chopper Gunner and saves it to the next round, it's usually a big help in the beginning of the round.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Yeah, well I don't have Blops, MW2 is SO ****ING ANNOYING (OMADCPROPIPES), and I have been deranked in CoD4 so I can't play.
I just have to hope for the best with MW3.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, well I don't have Blops, MW2 is SO ****ING ANNOYING (OMADCPROPIPES), and I have been deranked in CoD4 so I can't play.
I just have to hope for the best with MW3.
You just realized this? And they're still working on the CoD4 patch, it'll take a while since most of the IW staff/employees are dedicated/working on MW3.

Also, good games last night Nate and Swampert. We managed to piss that girl off and she ended up rage quitting cause we kept on knifing her.

Nate with the 40 stabs in gun game. :awesome:

Matt07

Smash Master
Hey xLeafybug =D, sorry I didn't reply to your game invite a couple days ago, I missed it :(. And internet has been bad lately I'm constantly having 1-2 bar connection and my NAT is set to Open. Anyways, next time we're on, and I have decent internet we should play for sure. Sorry again.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Hey xLeafybug =D, sorry I didn't reply to your game invite a couple days ago, I missed it :(. And internet has been bad lately I'm constantly having 1-2 bar connection and my NAT is set to Open. Anyways, next time we're on, and I have decent internet we should play for sure. Sorry again.
Maybe you can open up some ports for PSN? Test your PSN connection?

Matt07

Smash Master
Ya, one day my router just started being slow period. Went from 4 bar to 1 bar every single game. I unplugged everything in my modem and router and plugged it back in and it seemed to work so far.

My PSN connection says it's good everything is fine, but I could open ports for the PSN as well hopefully that'd do some justice.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
I've been watching some of the mlg BO stream yesterday and today. Sure it's pretty much all Famas, but it's interesting to see how the teams play and how they work together as well as the commentary.

Also learned some nade angles for the next time I play Domination on Summit and Firing Range :troll:

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Rapid Fire MPL is ****. It has like no recoil.

Got my highest amount of kills on Nuketown today. I got about 120/30, not too sure I'll file share it tonight. My killstreaks were Counter, Care and Blackbird.

:phone:

Top Bottom