• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Semtex>Frag

Shorter fuse. In a game like CoD, where it's fast paced, a short fuse racks in the kills faster.

I know it's obvious, but I'm just mentioning the reason why you see it more.

Because randoms are a bunch of kill ***** ****tards.
The short fuse thing is almost a non issue because if you're using Semtex in a range where the shorter fuse would be an advantage, you probably got killed while you were throwing it. It's like getting caught with your hands down your pants. With any grenade, really.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Delta; You're my battle bro, and Imma let you finish.

But please fix your mic so I don't have to mute you. :c

Mic double feedback/buzzing/etc. is the fast track to muting, even if you're on my friends list. No offense to anyone on said list, but it makes playing unbearable.

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
Re-add me, Odin. And I got to the same round, Grand. Did you camp the water slide?

Edit: By the way, I may make a Shangri-La guide. Is that acceptable?

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Odin, I have NO idea what happened. It was really random and seemed to randomly clear up. Sorry for the problem. @_@

/Still sad I lost that 1v1.

Damn he had ridiculous aim. I was watching some of those kill cams and geez. @_@

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Moe Milla, a friend of some guys I randomly partied up with in CTF one day. I play with them sometimes when I need a group, and we troll CTF games pretty hard. They wanted me to go up against him because they figured I was so good that I had a shot at beating him since everyone else had gotten beat pretty bad against him. @_@

Lost on Firing Range, 18-20.

Ask Odin about the game, he watched part of it, I'm sure. God it was intense. It went on for like, half an hour. XD

THE READS WE HAD TO MAKE. THE READS MAN.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
I barely ever play any serious 1 vs 1's , man that must be intense. Best class would probably be Ghost, Sleight of Hand, and Ninja or replace Ghost with Flak Jacket.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
You don't need ghost in a 1v1. The only reason to use a ghost class is if you know that the other person has a spy plane up. But if they already got a 3 killstreak in a 1v1, you're probably not gonna win anyway...

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
We didn't use killstreaks, so Ghost was pretty much out although he ran it. To be honest, no first perk would have been really helpful at all the way we were playing. Nobody ever got blown up (except one time I ran into a claymore and turned out of the way to survive), so Flak Jacket was out. Scavenger was definitely NOT needed, and I feel like the sounds I made from Scavenger bags sometimes was a bit much. @_@ We definitely were NOT running very often, so LW was unneeded, and Hardline is lol.

We did run SoH and Marathon for our other perks, however.

I got a pretty neat turn around kill on him at one point because I faintly heard him behind me. He was going for a cheeky knife like I had before. ;o

The final kill involved spraying, a missed turn around panic knife, and more spraying. @_@

Also: You never truly realize how noisy a map is until you play a 1v1 on it. Holy **** Firing Range is loud.

Grandeza

Smash Master
And I got to the same round, Grand. Did you camp the water slide?
Nope. I chilled by myself in the power room and just circled up zombies down there. unfortunately it's narrow so i often had to use ray gun to blast zombies out of the way. It worked well though. My friend would run circles in the room with the mine cart nearby. my other friend would hang out by the waterslide.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
There's always someone out there better than you. Delta just happens to be a very good player.

And if nobody addressed this earlier, 1 versus 1 matches prove nothing.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
It's not my fault people refused to throw Frags. But man were there a lot of Semtex. >_>

What game type were you playing? O.o
Domination. I pretty much only play Domination, but I don't play Ground War, ever.

And in this game, Frag=Semtex. They do the exact same damage. Frags can be banked off of things and generally go further, but Semtex can be used in clutch situations more efficiently. It's all up to preference.

There's always someone out there better than you.
I'd love to meet this individual, if they exist, that is :troll:

This.

Fletch

Smash Master
Domination. I pretty much only play Domination, but I don't play Ground War, ever.

And in this game, Frag=Semtex. They do the exact same damage. Frags can be banked off of things and generally go further, but Semtex can be used in clutch situations more efficiently. It's all up to preference.
They do the same damage at close range, but at range Semtex do a lower minimum damage (55 versus 75), and then the difference in fuse time was already mentioned. I prefer Semtex, but they are pretty interchangeable in this game.

Leafy come play UC3 beta with me! The game is incredible! That goes for all my other CoD buddies as well.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Whattttt someone else that's better than deltacod???

What is this blasphemy
He's not THAT much better. Besides, it's a 1v1. I typically pulled higher scores as we played CTF because I'm much better at ruining teams than I am at 1v1s. I hate having all the attention on me; I specialize in flanking and surprising opponents. It's no surprise if I burst into a room when I'm the only enemy out there.

He definitely has better aim than me, though. He plays on a lower sensitivity though, something like 5.

There's always someone out there better than you. Delta just happens to be a very good player.

Yep.

I hate Ground War for the same reason I hate Nuketown: No space to do anything.

This.

I'd love to meet this individual, if they exist, that is :troll:

To be honest I'd love to play with Leafy and Moe on the same team. IMAGINE THE ****.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Well my dream team consists of

BK Pro
:mad:
ODIN
_Cyan
Myself

This is strictly for MW2, though.

whoa,

Blops:

Delta
Fatal
Swamp
Not me
Not me

Fletch

Smash Master
Give me some MW2 credit! Seriously, SWF can vouch for me there, I just don't like BO.

@F8AL, Leafy and I both have 360s (I actually have 2) so we should have a showdown. I don't own BO for 360 but I do have MW2 around here somewhere. Not sure about the other PS3 players though.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
My dream team

Me
Me
Me
Me
Me
Me
Me

And so how are the maps this map pack anyways? I hear that Silo sucks balls
Have fun with that.

Give me some MW2 credit! Seriously, SWF can vouch for me there, I just don't like BO.

@F8AL, Leafy and I both have 360s (I actually have 2) so we should have a showdown. I don't own BO for 360 but I do have MW2 around here somewhere. Not sure about the other PS3 players though.
Sounds good to me, feel free to add me on the 360: II F8AL II

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Lol @ these dream teams.

Lol @ the tac insert spawn talk. As if I wouldn't kill you two for trying such a thing. :awesome:

Almost done with Ninja Pro, just need 3 more suppressor kills. Then it's only Second Chance, Warlord, and Scout that need finishing.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Of course. The one Double XP I can use when I'll already be at 15th level 50. Lmao.

Question to our resident snipers: Does the Variable Scope affect the raise time for the snipers?

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Dream Team for me?

1. Delta-Cod:
The aggressor.

2. F8AL:
The Firestarter

3. Leafy:
??? I just heard he is good.

4. Alex:
We need a good sniper.

5. Aiden:
IRISH RAAAAGE

6. Wretched:
He is exponentially better when he has a good team.

Top Bottom