• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Black Ops

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
so new map pack means double xp which means nuketown playlist maybe :awesome:
I thought they were gonna put in a nuketown playlist at some point (not a "weekend only" one) ._.

Also that "Secure the Convoy" map with the pic of the new maps interests me. My guess it will be set in Arlington, VA, since it says "Crystal City" on the sign.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Sweet, with a new map pack that also means double xp. I just hate that it always costs 15 bucks........
There will most likely be another double XP weekend when this map pack is confirmed and released. Get used to $15, it's the new price for CoD map packs. They tried it with MW2 and you people still bought it.

so new map pack means double xp which means nuketown playlist maybe :awesome:
David Vonderhaar said that it's possible that the "Nuketown 24/7" playlist will become a permanent one in the future.

And if it's true then that means YET AGAIN I gotta wait another month before getting my hands on that new zombies map

That's it I'm getting MW3 for the Xbox next time because waiting an entire month for map packs I want is really gay

It's your fault for getting Blops for the PS3. Glad to hear that you'll be getting MW3 for the 360 through. :)

is it just treyarch or activision too that has that deal with microsoft?
Yes. Microsoft will get first dibs on future CoD map packs till like 2015. (Was announced at E3 2010.)

I thought they were gonna put in a nuketown playlist at some point (not a "weekend only" one) ._.

Also that "Secure the Convoy" map with the pic of the new maps interests me. My guess it will be set in Arlington, VA, since it says "Crystal City" on the sign.
They probably will in the future.

It's a rumor that's likely true. Looking forward to it.
Yup, looks pretty legit.

Matt07

Smash Master
It's not so bad waiting 1 month for the map packs, plus once they're released we have a general idea on how to play on them :).

Since I've bought the new maps though, I've barely touched Ascension.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
It's your fault for getting Blops for the PS3. Glad to hear that you'll be getting MW3 for the 360 through. :)
Don't get me wrong, I still despise the 360 and everything it stands for except for GoW. You're just lucky I'm tired of playing alone and the fact that I refuse to wait a month later to play map packs.

So you win this time F8AL

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
It doesn't really matter whether I bought the MW2 map pack or not or if any of us bought it, there still would have been the millions of people who bought it anyway, so the price was going to go up sometime. Anyway, 15 dollars isn't too bad anyway, 3 new maps and a new zombie map are well worth it. Considering with halo reach, you get like 3 maps(I think) for 10 dollars, with CoD you get 3 new maps an a zombie map, seems fair.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Frankly what I really want are the WaW zombie maps for Black Ops. I'm tired of just playing on Kino, Ascension, and Five all the time.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Don't get me wrong, I still despise the 360 and everything it stands for except for GoW. You're just lucky I'm tired of playing alone and the fact that I refuse to wait a month later to play map packs.

So you win this time F8AL
:bee:

It doesn't really matter whether I bought the MW2 map pack or not or if any of us bought it, there still would have been the millions of people who bought it anyway, so the price was going to go up sometime. Anyway, 15 dollars isn't too bad anyway, 3 new maps and a new zombie map are well worth it. Considering with halo reach, you get like 3 maps(I think) for 10 dollars, with CoD you get 3 new maps an a zombie map, seems fair.
Enjoy the premium price hike. Soon you'll be paying $20 for the same stuff. I vote with my wallet by not buying stuff.

Frankly what I really want are the WaW zombie maps for Black Ops. I'm tired of just playing on Kino, Ascension, and Five all the time.
Dunno why Treyarch hasn't said anything on this yet. D:

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Actually, I feel that it's a lot more fair to charge $15 for the BO Maps, as you're getting 5 completely new maps, where in MW2, you got 3, and 2 redos for the same price.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
The Snd Montage was alright. It was nice to look at and the effects didn't murder my eyes. However, most of the clips were pretty meh. Some of them were nice, but a lot were "ehhhhhhh, this went in a montage?" to me.

Player-1

Smash Legend
My friend thinks that the new zombies will be based on an array-type map based on that giant easter egg on Ascension and it seems kind of like it since those screenshots showed a lot of snow.

S

smash brawl player 99021

My friend thinks that the new zombies will be based on an array-type map based on that giant easter egg on Ascension and it seems kind of like it since those screenshots showed a lot of snow.
It could very well be a wall or concrete or something. Hard to tell.

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
Over 9,000!?!?!?

There's no way that can be right!!!!
YEEEEEEEee

What's good, everyone? Haven't posted or played with any of you in a long time. iMad.

Really embarrassing Zombies experience today. Ascension solo, Pap'D HK and Pap'd ThunderGun, Gersches, and Jug-nog. I was having trouble shooting Monkeys, so I tried to make a crawler to get a ray gun since I had well over 20k points. I keep trying to throw nades but keep missing. On my last one, I cook it too long and die. I got to 24, and I think I could have gone a lot further. By far the best set-up I've ever had in Zombies. I love Gersches and a Ray Gun to go with the Thunder Gun and Gersches would have been icing on the cake.

Grandeza

Smash Master
I still hate monkeys and find them difficult. Even though everyone else I talk to finds them easy. First time they're easy(two standard knifes). Second time they're a single bowey knife. Not sure about 3rd time. $th and up if I don't have ray gun I have issues with them. So is the new zombie map supposedly going to be called "Call of the Dead"? Sounds kind of silly tbh but I'm sure Treyarch will impress. Hoping we'll see a map pack eventually with the WaW zombie maps. I don't understand why we haven't yet but hey whatever happens, happens.

Grandeza

Smash Master
Shotgun vs. Monkeys is a big sad face. You'll never ever hit them jeez. I'd rather quickscope them. Anyone know if you can actually stick a monkey with cross bow?

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Ray gun is practically the only gun worth using on any monkey rounds after the 2nd one.

That or the Zeus Cannon.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
I must agree, monkeys are a bit much, IMO.

Anyways, taking another break from this game, 12th prestige is good enough for now, I'll probably finish ranking up if/when I get bored of SSFIV/MvC3.

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
O D I N is always a blast to play with, watching the kill-feed get cluttered up with knife kills and tomahawks always brings a smile to my face.

Deltacod ***** at Black Ops, that is all.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
O D I N is always a blast to play with, watching the kill-feed get cluttered up with knife kills and tomahawks always brings a smile to my face.

Deltacod ***** at Black Ops, that is all.
You say the sweetest things. And yes, Delta does very well at Black Ops. Seeing as how you can't **** the willing, since his victims voluntarily enter a game with him in the lobby.

/inappropriate post?

Top Bottom