• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox v0.63d (bug fixes)

shanus

Smash Hero
And shine, please.

Melee Falco in Brawl is too good.
I already made a complete working version of the shine, no need for that. There also aren't enough subactions/subanimations to import f0ox's of that, hence why it needed to be programmed by hand in PSA.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Then it hasn't been figured out by everyone yet XD

I guess I'll upload the files...

Waluigi Test

Shadow and Green Hill Zone characters test

Captain Falco(for TheSilenceOfNoOne) Link removed, I did the wrong file.

EDIT: Forgot to put descriptions:

Sonic/Shadow
His move set has Shadows intro, Shadows falling animation, Taunt testing, and Winning poses (Shadows Chaos Control animation)

Luigi/Waluigi
He is somewhat more complete, and has moving, jumping, landing, turning, intro, loose, win, but you can't move anywhere while running, and the animation speed is incredibly fast while running... He also has a punch-punch-kick animation (First attack is rapidly stomping on the ground, second is whacking the air with an invisible tennis racket, and third is doing a final stomp on the ground)

"Green Hill Zone Characters"
are these Model swaps or moveset swaps? I'd love a Silver Sonic :3

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
I already made a complete working version of the shine, no need for that. There also aren't enough subactions/subanimations to import f0ox's of that, hence why it needed to be programmed by hand in PSA.
... is "the shine" slang for Melee Falco?

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
"Shine" is slang for any space animal reflector. I can't remember the exact details, but apparently someone a while back would wear a sequined shirt to tournies and yell out "shine," and the term stuck, although this could certainly be urban ledend.

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
"Shine" is slang for any space animal reflector. I can't remember the exact details, but apparently someone a while back would wear a sequined shirt to tournies and yell out "shine," and the term stuck, although this could certainly be urban ledend.
By "space animal reflector" do you mean, the space animal that reflects by using a reflector? Or the reflector that belongs to the space animal?

piggyjelly

Smash Apprentice
How do I make a pac/pcs big enough after swapping models with an assist trophy.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Thanks for BrawlBox its so good. Character Move Swap / Stage Swap and so on... too good !!! <3

1Zero99Lucia5

Smash Cadet
Problem with GFX drivers not having the BGRA extension. Fixed for next version.
Okay, nice!

When is the version coming out? Because I wan't to preview my made textures in BrawlBox, rather then BrawlScape. BrawScape is a bit buggy for me, Samus apears fully white, even if i change all textures, same with Sonic, Or would it be possible to send me the version with the fix for my problem?

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace
Kryal, if you are interested in decrypting movies, encrypting movies and other stuff, give me some form of contact.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
You know, I just thought of something. With the ability to create new archives, you can set up certain textures so that they're ASHable. The idea may not be all that impressive, but BrawlBox doesn't always treat the CMPR (tex#00_14) format textures very well (especially with the transparent sections). Fortunately, ASH does treat the CMPR textures pretty well, but semi-transparency is still off-limits.

In the end, after ASH does its job, use BrawlBox to place the texture data .brres files back into their proper slots.

Gazoinks

Smash Cadet
Hmm, I'm still trying to figure out how to do an Assist Trophy model swap. I have the pcs and pac (it's ok to get the pcs by extracting and then recompressing in ASH, right?) and I've replaced the model and textures but it freezes my game. Do I need to rename the textures? If so, what do I rename them to? Lin only has 3 textures, Marth has a lot more. And should I delete ModelData (10) which contains FitMarthShd?

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Feature Request!
Ability to edit properties/position of bones.

The stageposition nodes that each stage has control spawn position and respawn position, and a bunch of other goodies. Eventually I want to be able to overlay this positions onto the stage model :D

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Feature Request!
Ability to edit properties/position of bones.

The stageposition nodes that each stage has control spawn position and respawn position, and a bunch of other goodies. Eventually I want to be able to overlay this positions onto the stage model :D
Or even do this for animations too, so I can use Charizard animations without Lucario's arms flying out of their sockets.
>__>;;
-DD

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Hmm, I'm still trying to figure out how to do an Assist Trophy model swap. I have the pcs and pac (it's ok to get the pcs by extracting and then recompressing in ASH, right?) and I've replaced the model and textures but it freezes my game. Do I need to rename the textures? If so, what do I rename them to? Lin only has 3 textures, Marth has a lot more. And should I delete ModelData (10) which contains FitMarthShd?
Replace Marth's ModelData0 and TextureData0 with Lin's, and rename the modeldata's mdl0 to FitMarthXX.

Gazoinks

Smash Cadet
Ah, ok. I'll try this. Thanks. ^^

Tried that. Still froze. >.< Do I need to rename the textures too?

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
Cool Suggestion alert! Bone data exportation! i tried doing that and i got an error message. >_<

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
(I'm a ******** n00b...)

How do you replace animations of characters with other animations?

Would you need to include multiple .pacs in the SD Card to use the end result of doing such a thing?

markehmus

Smash Apprentice
Kryal, if you are interested in decrypting movies, encrypting movies and other stuff, give me some form of contact.
Kryal, did you read my message on page 28?
that would be awesome...imo

there are a few i would love to manipulate to conform to the altered iso im creating
(months in the works as i see new things to add or change daily)

MaRRoK

Smash Journeyman
good news, bad news, and GREAT news
good news is that this has close to unlimited potential for stage editing. i removed all the animal crossing ppl from smashville and changed the background in like 20 minites. **** this thing is awesome. user friendly :) i like. :) :) :)

importing the model of trophys WORKS, but only for stages atm (i put Sothe into smashville by replacing him with 1 of the animal crossing creepers)

changing up the model of a character works great. what i mean is that you can remove parts of the model of a character no problem. this is great news because snake - some gear - headband + texture hack + PSA magic = master cheif

also with the good news. you can do anything and everything with stages. SSE stages are AMAZING to put on custom stages (have to use the stage studio program on ur comp). SOO many stage models and SO customizable!

ok bad news. sound effects are a dud for me. same with previewing music on this program (idk if that was intentional or not). alsoo, i tried and i tried but i could not get the prince of persia to surrender ANY models to me. :'( wouldve been amazing. o well

ok heres the great news:
I have an idea on how to turn tropheys into characters. it would be a custom method of changing bones so its gonna be very unstable. dont even count on me releasing it. ive got no time with college apps and all, so by the time im done Ville will have his thingamajig up and running. (i've got DeBlob's model waiting and ready. lol)
anyway the method (if any1 want to do it cuz im 2 busy) is putting the assist model to an animation. (even if its the same animation it came with.). i havent tried it but from what ive read on the forum, giving assists tropheys animations isnt the problem, but the hitboxes. well i was thinking, just PSA something from scratch. make it use offensive collision bubles outside the character. that way you wont even have to worry about bones at all. ull still have bones (not in the right place but ull have them) so ull still take attacks. In addition, while bones are essential to walk, PSA has a function to move the character horizontally at a rate. with careful coding, you can make the PSA compensate for an inability to walk.
btw what im getting at through all of this is a desperate attempt to get Sothe into Brawl. (his trophy is SO good! :) )

bad news: pokemon wont listen to me....i need to get the next gym badge.......-.-..........ok bad joke.

but yeah, try the SSE stages over stage builder. its superb. i havent checked to see if it allows diff replacements for diff stages.

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace
Man, you do realize that if you are going to post something that long randomly, you should most likely get into writing a book and secondly, ive already replaced assist trophies, its nothing really all that special.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
A Kitty Corp. member, named libertyernie, managed to modify one of Kirby's hats by replacing Wario's WarioWare cap with Mario's cap. Additionally, the models and animations were adjusted during the process.

It would also be interesting to see if someone replaces Wario's cap with Luigi's cap.

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
Model swapped Custom Stages? I must know how!
Btw, there STILL isn't a guide for how to replace stage models and have them work every time like Dantarion does.

DevilKiller

Smash Apprentice
I'm sure some people here are sick of noob questions, but looking for an easy guide by search function fails. :)

How do we replace models with another one? And keep the animations?

Example: Switch Link's model with Marth. If I select Link on the character select screen, I should be playing Marth, with the correct animations and hitboxes (well, hitboxes are PSA stuff, so ignore that)

Fine, i'll tell the truth. I want to replace both of the Ice Climbers with Toon Links. One step closer to the Four Swords Adventure...but now with only two swords!

Hope I make this first, and that no one beats me to it. :)

(Well, team battles with four Toon Links vs. 2 CPUs would be uber fun still. :D)

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Uh.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=253652

Guide's right there.

Here's the easy way how.
1. Open two instances of BrawlBox
2. Open the SSE stage you want to play on in one.
3. Open a Brawl Stage you want to replace in the other.(I normally use Wifi Waiting Room)
4. Export the following files from the SSE Stage. ModelData[0], ModelData[100],TextureData[0], SceneData[0], ef_*.pac,Type1[2], Type1[10]
5. Replace the related files with the ones from the SSE stage.
6. Make sure all .pacs are compressed the same way they were originally. effect .pacs in adventure stages aren't compressed, but they are in stages.
7. Save file on your SD card.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I'm sure some people here are sick of noob questions, but looking for an easy guide by search function fails. :)

How do we replace models with another one? And keep the animations?

Example: Switch Link's model with Marth. If I select Link on the character select screen, I should be playing Marth, with the correct animations and hitboxes (well, hitboxes are PSA stuff, so ignore that)

Fine, i'll tell the truth. I want to replace both of the Ice Climbers with Toon Links. One step closer to the Four Swords Adventure...but now with only two swords!

Hope I make this first, and that no one beats me to it. :)

(Well, team battles with four Toon Links vs. 2 CPUs would be uber fun still. :D)
OMG LOL

If this works, then double character teams would be one of the coolest things in a while.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
When I preview a model in brawlbox, I see nothing. I just see a colored background. Sometimes though there's a cone or two which appear to be near the face. When I change the background color, I see a white model of the character without a texture. This is weird. O_o

Anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Could it be a computer problem? This computer is pretty old.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Some things just aren't going to appear, even if you don't get the giant red X. Like FitCharShd.

Other times, when you can't see most or some of it, use the mouse wheel to zoom out.

Top Bottom