• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox v0.63d (bug fixes)

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman
hey kryal would there be way to make this work in brawlbox?
when i switch sonics run with super sonics flying animation and i run he does the animation but just stays in one spot.
i'm working on a fix for this. if i can get it working i'll show ya how to do it

Untouch

Smash Master
Ok sorry for randomly going off topic, but I'm trying to replace the data files of 2 items right now.
I'll post if it works.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Why is it that when I press "preview" on a model, I get an error and it wants to close smash box? its annoying T_T

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
when I try to preview a model, it brings up a box that just shows whatever is behind the box. Like, it's transparent O_o

Untouch

Smash Master
CHange the name of the data in the texture part of the model to whatever the texture should be, then it'll work.

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
Or do what i do. Export the BRES for Model Data and Texture data for what you are making.

EXAMPLE: Making Kirby's Hammer into Gannondorfs sword. Open GD's MotionEtc.pac file and there should be a couple files. You're looking for the Modeldata[0], and TextureData[0] and just export both and replace the files you want to make it into. So get it now? DONT NOT RENAME THE TEXTURES THOUGH!! Only rename the model from what you imported... into the name of what it originally was.

Once you done it once, you'll get the hang of it. Use this for an example!

MaRRoK

Smash Journeyman
Or do what i do. Export the BRES for Model Data and Texture data for what you are making.

EXAMPLE: Making Kirby's Hammer into Gannondorfs sword. Open GD's MotionEtc.pac file and there should be a couple files. You're looking for the Modeldata[0], and TextureData[0] and just export both and replace the files you want to make it into. So get it now? DONT NOT RENAME THE TEXTURES THOUGH!! Only rename the model from what you imported... into the name of what it originally was.

Once you done it once, you'll get the hang of it. Use this for an example!
WOW. I spent like 4 weeks playing with ganondorf on PSA and I STILL wasnt able to get him to use his sword w/o Phantom Wing's code. Kirby is using Ganon's sword before Ganon is XD.
but seriously, this program brings some newfound potential. changing single animations.. so like, I can replace some of Ganon's attacks with Ike's Animations, and replace Ragnell with the Ganondorf's sword?

**** THIS TOOL IS AWESOME!!! :bee:

_Vuze_

Smash Apprentice
Well theoretically yes. But as said before, the
Model will strecht because of the bones...

DevilKiller

Smash Apprentice
Can we replace character models yet? I realize switching animations would be easier, but in my case, I want to replace the models entirely. Or is it just not possible yet?

pokelover980

Smash Ace
no that's not it, because i ALWAYS get a red cross, even with un-modified textures and models'

still waiting for a fix kryal?
It's probably your computer then. You're graphics card isn't good enough or you don't have the right drivers.

_Vuze_

Smash Apprentice
Well, you can easily extract and Import raw MDL0, so yes. But I'd take a look at the bone names before otherwise it will completly mess up.
Didn't test it at all.

Megaman X

Smash Journeyman
In the first post, there is an image of Captain Falcon with his textures applied to his model. Is that function available in BrawlBox or is that a separate program?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Whenever I right click > preview, a box pops up, but there is no picture displayed. All I can see is whatever is bbehind the invisible box O_o.... like's it's just the outside frame..

markehmus

Smash Apprentice
Whenever I right click > preview, a box pops up, but there is no picture displayed. All I can see is whatever is bbehind the invisible box O_o.... like's it's just the outside frame..
maybe your not clicking on the rite model data file.

mine only appear on the model data directly below the fighters name in the
fitcharacter00-whatevr .pacs

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
It's probably your computer then. You're graphics card isn't good enough or you don't have the right drivers.
If he didn't have a good graphics card or the right drivers then nothing would show up.

The red X thing was talked about by Kyral (iirc): If that happens, check if you got the ModelData AND the TextureData replaced. If so, then Kyral mentioned something about BrawlBox using wrong drivers or so...?

I'm probably incorrect, but keep that in mind.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Er, whenever I preview something, I get a black box and see nothing. When I change the background color, I see a white model(of the character) without a texture. Any ideas?

Also, looking at the model, I'm wondering if I was to try to replace the model, what would I be replacing? Should I replace the polygons or the vertices? Or something else? <<

If I was to try to put, say, Lucario's or Falcon's head on Samus's body, or Fox's head on Falco's body, would it be possible?

Untouch

Smash Master
Some models are like that for some reason.

Megaman X

Smash Journeyman
I can't find what I'm supposed to right-click. I right click things and there's never a "preview" button.

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
Megaman X: Open a file and fine a folder, type archive thing called ModelData[0]. open that and there will be a file, next to it will be a little icon that says MDL0. That would be what you right click.

And i like your Name and Avatar. Me is a HUGE Megaman Fan/Fanatic.

Megaman X

Smash Journeyman
Megaman X: Open a file and fine a folder, type archive thing called ModelData[0]. open that and there will be a file, next to it will be a little icon that says MDL0. That would be what you right click.

And i like your Name and Avatar. Me is a HUGE Megaman Fan/Fanatic.
HAH. Got it. Thanks.

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
Ugh, the Fix for CMPR textures can't come soon enough DX (But srsly take your time, its worth the wait)

Eldiran

Smash Lord
I just wrote up an explanation of editing Ike's sword slash effect, and I thought it would make a nice example intro for those wanting to learn how to use BrawlBox. So I posted it here.

Eldiran said:
In order to change Ike's sword swing effects, you have to edit the actual moveset file. Here's a runthrough of the process:

First, download BrawlBox. Run it, and open FitIke.pac.

You should now see a directory structure, one directory of which is called "ef_ike". Press the plus to open that up.

Within it should be TextureData[0]. Open that, and then open "Textures(NW4R)". Now you can see all the textures used in Ike's effects here, just by clicking one.

One of them is called "TexIkeSwordTrace". That's what you're trying to edit. To change it, first right-click it and hit Export, and save the resulting file.

Then, make whatever color changes you want to the sword trace with whatever program you want. Once you do that, go back into BrawlBox.

Right-click "TexIkeSwordTrace" again and this time hit Replace. Choose your newly edited file, and viola! You're finished. Just remember to save.

Kryal

Smash Ace
great to know that someone is working on it. We all need a good super sonic mod right well i'm currently working on one this is way easier than psa for animation stuff.
does kryal approve of someone editing his exe though?
I'm assuming it has to do with sonic's code module and not the animation itself. I'll see if I can test it if I have time.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Hi Kryal, I haven't commented here much but I wanted to tell you that Brawl Box is really amazing, and that I congratulate you for the huge amounts of work that you have done over this. I just have one little question though. I was wondering if you know how to add a palette to any texture, so I can make any texture or part of them transparent. I really need to know how as I know there's a way in hex. I've been working on Maskless Metaknight as you can see here:
and I wanted some parts to be invisible such as the mask, cape, etc. Thanks in advance, and continue the awesome work.

Edit: Ignore the picture, I just added some cheesy effects (Firey background, black and white, blur). I was bored. :p

2nd edit: For those who think it's fake..

Wait! I'm confused. I have something called Smashbox v.056, which is an application for the re-arrangements of CSS. Does Brawlbox do this? Since the name only changed.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Hmm, anyone want to be a droogie and tell me how replace items (i.e switching Snake's Grenades texture for The Conduit Grenade texture?)

Kryal

Smash Ace
Hi Kryal, I haven't commented here much but I wanted to tell you that Brawl Box is really amazing, and that I congratulate you for the huge amounts of work that you have done over this. I just have one little question though. I was wondering if you know how to add a palette to any texture, so I can make any texture or part of them transparent. I really need to know how as I know there's a way in hex. I've been working on Maskless Metaknight as you can see here:
and I wanted some parts to be invisible such as the mask, cape, etc. Thanks in advance, and continue the awesome work.

Edit: Ignore the picture, I just added some cheesy effects (Firey background, black and white, blur). I was bored. :p
You should be able to put transparency in the texture and replace the old one. You don't really need a palette for that. The problem arises when the model hasn't been set up for transparency, in which case it won't work. I'm trying to figure out where the transparency is stored.

Megaman X

Smash Journeyman
Alright. This is driving me mad. I made an image of exactly the correct dimensions in Paint.net with transparency, saved it as a 32-bit .tga, and then imported it into one of Ike's colors in the common5.pac file using BrawlBox. I used CI8 image format in the BrawlBox importer, 1 mip level, 240 colors, which seems to be the default. Unfortunately, when I went to try it in Brawl, the game froze when I went to hover over Ike's spot. I've tried it several times, re-saving the image and using a fresh common5.pac file, tried changing colors to 200, even 16 with the same results! What am I doing wrong here?!

Top Bottom