• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox v0.63d (bug fixes)

Sora Master2.0

Smash Journeyman
Yey! That looks awesome! Animation editing will be fuun. ^-^
In your opinion, do you have any idea how to get AT's as playable characters?

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
YESZ! Though I have no clue as to how animation hacking would work. Looks like a bunch of codes to me, I have no clue how that could be interpreted as an animation.
Btw, what's MSBin?

Kryal

Smash Ace
YESZ! Though I have no clue as to how animation hacking would work. Looks like a bunch of codes to me, I have no clue how that could be interpreted as an animation.
Btw, what's MSBin?
MSBin files hold messages used by menus. They're pieces of text that the game displays using fonts. An example of this would be the ESRB notice on the strap loader.

Kryal

Smash Ace
Yey! That looks awesome! Animation editing will be fuun. ^-^
In your opinion, do you have any idea how to get AT's as playable characters?
Export the AT model.
Pick a character that has similar moves. Import model to that character.
Replace textures.
Edit hitboxes?
*Delete bones from character animations for the character-specific bones that no longer exist.
*Edit animation to match bone extents for new model. (Otherwise they'll be distorted)

The last two parts should be doable in the next version.

More advanced: I just thought about an animation scaling feature, which would allow a person to match the bone structure of a replaced model.

Of course, this is all theoretical.

Sora Master2.0

Smash Journeyman
Export the AT model.
Pick a character that has similar moves. Import model to that character.
Replace textures.
Edit hitboxes?
*Delete bones from character animations for the character-specific bones that no longer exist.
*Edit animation to match bone extents for new model. (Otherwise they'll be distorted)

The last two parts should be doable in the next version.

More advanced: I just thought about an animation scaling feature, which would allow a person to match the bone structure of a replaced model.

Of course, this is all theoretical.
Thnkx! Well, i dont mind waiting untill the next release of this. That sounds exciting. X]

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
Okay, small update for everyone. Next version will have a few new features:

All the kool things said.

Among other things:
  • Improved CMPR algorithm (fast too!)
  • Lowered OpenGL version to 1.1

Just waiting on the CHR encoder...
!! :o

DANG! YOU ROCK. Once BSAR editing is in my Grasp i will rule Smash bors Forever!! Thank you Kryal!

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Is there a guide on model hacking somewhere? If so, can some one give a link to it or tell me themselves how to do this and/or the tools needed (such as the files for the models and the tool itself). Please.
This, besides the textures, is the only tool needed for it. All you need to do is go under the characters ModelData[0] and export the MDL0 file. Then export the ENTIRE TextureData[0] folder. Then import them on the character you want to put them on, remembering to rename the MDL0 file to that of the original model.

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
That about sums it up. But if you want to go More In deph, then go and replace some of the Animations with others. Like Little Mac's Punch with Red Alloys Normal A Punch. Then renaming. I think you have to rename the Animations to the name that the Model uses. I think. Right?

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Hey Kryal, my friend Moosehunter knows how to make anything transparent, but you have to do it in hexing. I was wondering if it would work in Brawl Box? He removes the parts such as VisorM, CapeM, etc. Can I just delete those in Brawl Box? I'm not sure how he does it so that's why I'm asking. I think he just deletes the data related to those certain parts. And if there was a way to know what "part" goes where, it would be really helpful, as some names are not understandable and so I have to take a guess.

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
Lol i was wondering the same thing. Thats so wierd. I'd love to make Meta Knights Mask invisible without going Psycho Hex.

Untouch

Smash Master
How do you get the object collection editor to work?

I have a strong belif that it's how tons of model related crap works buttttt

you can't edit it.

You can remove, which surprisingly does stuff

Let us edit nao.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
EDIT: Never mind, I figured it out myself.

This, besides the textures, is the only tool needed for it. All you need to do is go under the characters ModelData[0] and export the MDL0 file. Then export the ENTIRE TextureData[0] folder. Then import them on the character you want to put them on, remembering to rename the MDL0 file to that of the original model.
Thanks for the help!

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
This is in any PAC/PCS file. Find the Files your self. *COUGHMeowmixEffectsCOUGH* When you export the MDL0, replace the MDL0 inside the other file. and rename it to what it originally was.

I'll make a video tut when my CPU is back up.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
This is in any PAC/PCS file. Find the Files your self. *COUGHMeowmixEffectsCOUGH* When you export the MDL0, replace the MDL0 inside the other file. and rename it to what it originally was.

I'll make a video tut when my CPU is back up.
Thanks! I saw this after I figured it out though.

EDIT: I tried this doing everything you told me, and it froze after I chose the stage...

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Lol i was wondering the same thing. Thats so wierd. I'd love to make Meta Knights Mask invisible without going Psycho Hex.
I had this idea since a LONG time ago, trust me. I know how he did it, and I tested it. I just need to know what part is the visor.

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
Oh. Never mind. I'd likez to play as no Mask Meta Knight. I'd also like to know why Meta Knight is banner in tourny's. Could you PM me the PAC/PCS?

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace
You want a maskless mk?

In the thread i made about deleting model parts, someone gave an explanation how to do it.

Kryal

Smash Ace
How do you get the object collection editor to work?

I have a strong belif that it's how tons of model related crap works buttttt

you can't edit it.

You can remove, which surprisingly does stuff

Let us edit nao.
Can't edit them, because it would require the model to be rebuilt. With the new version, some values can be edited due to post-processing, but not added/deleted.

Kryal

Smash Ace
Hey Kryal, my friend Moosehunter knows how to make anything transparent, but you have to do it in hexing. I was wondering if it would work in Brawl Box? He removes the parts such as VisorM, CapeM, etc. Can I just delete those in Brawl Box? I'm not sure how he does it so that's why I'm asking. I think he just deletes the data related to those certain parts. And if there was a way to know what "part" goes where, it would be really helpful, as some names are not understandable and so I have to take a guess.
There are a few ways he could do this. He most likely removes the material/bone/poygon link entry, which would cause the game to skip that polygon (I think). You could also unlink it from the bone chain by skipping it.

Never done it though, and I don't know how really. Just theories. Maybe if someone came forth with the method?

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Kryal, I think tomorrow I am going to take a look at a few of the unknown files in stages, named the "Type1[10]" file that controls collision. If I were to figure out the data format, and submit a BrawlBox patch......
XD

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Kryal, I think tomorrow I am going to take a look at a few of the unknown files in stages, named the "Type1[10]" file that controls collision. If I were to figure out the data format, and submit a BrawlBox patch......
XD
Isn't type1[2] the main collision file?

In any case, I strongly support any efforts to figure out any of these files and have great enthusiasm for the results.

NeonTogepi

Smash Journeyman
Isn't type1[2] the main collision file?

In any case, I strongly support any efforts to figure out any of these files and have great enthusiasm for the results.
It is, but I believe he meant that type1[10] controls the boundry lines on the larger stages. if so, awesome find.

This is something that needs looking into, because as of now we can't import a fully playable large sse stage as it doesn't contain mdl0 100, which for a normal stage has boundry lines.

I'd also like to see look into adding collision data and changing boundry lines as well as changing enemy spawn points and doors in the sse. A 1-1, 1-2, and Green hill zone remake with enemies and doors and such would be amazing.

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
I know that Type1[20] is related to stage-specific items, but I don't know any more than that. Also, that file is extremely picky. Every multilayer stage that has something going on(So not FD, Hyrule Temple, or Battlefield) has a Type1[20] file. Also, you can't swap type1[20]'s between stages. I looked into it a little bit, but I didn't figure much out, other than the first 20 bytes must be header, since they are always the same.

_Vuze_

Smash Apprentice
Once more, awesome progress, Kryal.
Did you take a look at the model files from MH3 I sent you a while ago?

Kryal

Smash Ace
XD
Good idea. They don't look like they're very hard formats. They just haven't been conquered yet!

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
Look how far we've gotten. Making our own models. moel HaXx. And Music. The Brawl hacking community has gotten advanced.

DevilKiller

Smash Apprentice
Indeed. If there's is a hierachy in the Brawl hacking community, Kryal is somewhere at the top.

I like to visualize Brawl hacking as The Big Three: Visual, Gameplay, and Audio. (VGA LOL) I'd say Gameplay has been conquered, Audio is almost finished (custom sound effects), and Visual is making significant progress.

I always kinda wonder what all the hackers do in their real life. University, software company, high school genius, and unemployed are the few scenarios I can come up with.

Someone needs to start paying these hackers. :)

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
1. Phantom Wings

2. Kryal

3. Dantarion

4. Vile

45 ThunderSpam. Cuz of his awesomez Primid.

lol. Being payed to do this is my dream.... lol. And im 13. in school. DER.

EDIT: forgot Vile. for all his knnowledge on how the game itself works

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
PW gets a lot of credit as being the biggest, most influential Brawl hacker, but I think Kryal is probably #2, if not #1. BrawlBox allows us to do so many things that were previously thought to be impossible, and it does things that can't be done with codes. Plus, BrawlBox can do so MANY different things all at once. I think Kryal's less known because all of his work is confined to this single topic and people don't spread his name around. But he deserves a ton more credit for his huge contributions to the Brawl hacking scene.

Untouch

Smash Master
PW gets a lot of credit as being the biggest, most influential Brawl hacker, but I think Kryal is probably #2, if not #1. BrawlBox allows us to do so many things that were previously thought to be impossible, and it does things that can't be done with codes. Plus, BrawlBox can do so MANY different things all at once. I think Kryal's less known because all of his work is confined to this single topic and people don't spread his name around. But he deserves a ton more credit for his huge contributions to the Brawl hacking scene.
Yes but without the file replacement code, brawl hacking wouldn't even exsist.

FireC

Smash Cadet
Yes but without the file replacement code, brawl hacking wouldn't even exsist.
File replacements weren't the only hack made for Brawl, and aren't everything in Brawl hacks.

I do admit though, they're probably 95% of it now

Top Bottom