• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox v0.63d (bug fixes)

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Luigiman, you freaking forgot Moosehunter! Come on! :U

Also, I really need that new version for something. =o

markehmus

Smash Apprentice
File replacements weren't the only hack made for Brawl, and aren't everything in Brawl hacks.

I do admit though, they're probably 95% of it now
i still prefer iso hacking over 'code hacking' by far

_Vuze_

Smash Apprentice
@Brawlshifter: Yeah, but some retailers still sell them =)
Got mine a few weeks ago =O

1Zero99Lucia5

Smash Cadet
Kryal, please release the version with the preview fix, i don't care if it doesn't has the animation stuff in it. i just want to preview my textures

Untouch

Smash Master
This happens if I try to replace anything IN the model (bones, verticies)

How would I fix it, I really need to replace something.

Sora Master2.0

Smash Journeyman
Ok. I am such a big n00b. -.-
Well, no one is talking about getting the AT's working...well, I think we should get together and work on them. Maybe someone is working in secret, but just incase no one is, maybe we should try and get some work doen? I've seen some working, but maybe we can get, all of them working? I myself would love to see Ray MK2 working. Maybe on Samus or something idk, but anywayz, would anyone be willing to?

Kryal

Smash Ace
This happens if I try to replace anything IN the model (bones, verticies)

How would I fix it, I really need to replace something.
As I've stated before, you cannot replace model parts yet. This requires rebuilding the model file. When we get to that point we'd pretty much have a model editor, now wouldn't we? ;)

Dantarion

Smash Champion
File replacements weren't the only hack made for Brawl, and aren't everything in Brawl hacks.
However, they are what allow random people to work on things that don't have USBGeckos and debugging skills.

Which I don't think are made anymore.
They aren't, you can either build your own or order one from somewhere that has one in stock.
I would ASAP if you have any interest in serious Brawl Hacking, ive had mine for...maybe 2 months or something, best purchase ever.

Then again, I was making ocarina codes without a USBGecko before I even got a USBGecko :D

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
so uh
1) Can you summon Waddle Doos with Peach,
2) Can you summon C4 with Peach

and if you can, will the behaviors not be the same because of codes and stuff?

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
Ok. I am such a big n00b. -.-
Well, no one is talking about getting the AT's working...well, I think we should get together and work on them. Maybe someone is working in secret, but just incase no one is, maybe we should try and get some work doen? I've seen some working, but maybe we can get, all of them working? I myself would love to see Ray MK2 working. Maybe on Samus or something idk, but anywayz, would anyone be willing to?
People have gotten ATs to work, it involves editing the bones in some way, which I don't understand how to do, can someone explain how to do this.

They aren't, you can either build your own or order one from somewhere that has one in stock.
I would ASAP if you have any interest in serious Brawl Hacking, ive had mine for...maybe 2 months or something, best purchase ever.
How does a USB Gecko help in Brawl Hacking?

Sora Master2.0 said:
Hint hint wink wink? X]
I think that's what Pharrox is working on.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
so uh
1) Can you summon Waddle Doos with Peach,
2) Can you summon C4 with Peach

and if you can, will the behaviors not be the same because of codes and stuff?
Unfortunately you can't do either of those, because the article/projectile data and such is not editable yet. (Lots of projectile data is in the moveset file.)

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Unfortunately you can't do either of those, because the article/projectile data and such is not editable yet. (Lots of projectile data is in the moveset file.)
Well, it should at least be possible to change the models of the Turnips to Waddle Dees.

markehmus

Smash Apprentice
Code hacking isn't illegal though. I thought ISO hacking was?
either way your removing files from the disk and altering them
to be used with the game making your actions illegal

*dublication in whole or part is considered illegal
1.)without written permission
2.)unless order by court

we bought the disk not the rights to change it

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
either way your removing files from the disk and altering them
to be used with the game making your actions illegal

*dublication in whole or part is considered illegal
1.)without written permission
2.)unless order by court

we bought the disk not the rights to change it
I'm pretty sure The Homebrew Channel itself is illegal, let alone all of the things we do with it.

And an ISO is very illegal, just to have it I think.

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure The Homebrew Channel itself is illegal, let alone all of the things we do with it.

The Homebrew Channel is in no way illegal. Pirating by using it is illegal, but just using it for Gecko is perfectly legal. And ISO's are illegal, but not VERY illegal.

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace

Yeah, code are just slightly illegal, but getting the actual ISO is VERY illegal. You also shouldn't burn duplicates of the ISO, because that is VERY, VERY illegal. But not just that, you then sell the ISO's for profit, and that's so illegal it's not funny. Then, you take the remaining DVDs and bury them under your house where you put all your victims. Now good lord, I just can't even explain how illegal that is.

...Yeah, I wasted everyone's time, but regardless, ISO hacking, code hacking, both are illegal whether it be directly or not.There aren't multiple degrees, it's either illegal or not.

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
Well, in Nintendo's point of view it is.
Nintendo just doesn't like it, they don't think it's illegal. I'm pretty sure that the only reason they want to stop HBC is because of pirates using VC wads and emulators. They haven't done a single thing specifically against Brawl hacking.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Well, in Nintendo's point of view it is.
In Nintendo's point of view it is unauthorized editing of their code. However, as long as it isn't being sold for profit or being used for pirating, it should be perfectly legal. You are the one that bought the Wii, and I believe it is your right to do what you wish with it, unless you are making a profit or pirating.

But I could be completely wrong, and yet we still don't care at all. :p

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
ah alright. ryko told me to ask you about ways to implement lingering hitboxes, so just wondering

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
In Nintendo's point of view it is unauthorized editing of their code. However, as long as it isn't being sold for profit or being used for pirating, it should be perfectly legal. You are the one that bought the Wii, and I believe it is your right to do what you wish with it, unless you are making a profit or pirating.

But I could be completely wrong, and yet we still don't care at all. :p
Nintendo just doesn't like it, they don't think it's illegal. I'm pretty sure that the only reason they want to stop HBC is because of pirates using VC wads and emulators. They haven't done a single thing specifically against Brawl hacking.
It was an expression. I didn't actually mean they thought it was illegal.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Crud. You NEED a USBGecko to play ISOs? I always thought any decently sized USB would...

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
I still say that the only way hacking would be illegal would be ISO hacking. That's illegal, but nothing serious, plus I can't think of anybody that's ever been punished for it. Most Brawl hackers don't have ISO's anyways, the SD loader takes care of that.

Anyways, I doubt that any lawmaker would make code and texture hacking illegal. Seriously, it's the same thing as using Action Replay. I'm pretty sure that Nintendo tried to sue Game Genie once... Nintendo lost the case. They never tried anything like that again.

Kryal

Smash Ace
Okay, don't get off topic here.

It's out!

Tested animation editor/encoder with some success. Feel free to add/remove/rename bones as you please!

MSBin editor works like HTML tags. You can change colors/borders for any text. More info on this later, but for now use files from the menu/message folder as examples.

Now go have fun.

Nerd With An Afro

Smash Journeyman
Awesome, just what i needed to continue what i was working on.

EDIT!!!: also, i forgot to ask, would you by any chance know exactly what the module files (.rel) do? i have a theory though it is most likely incorrect.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Okay, don't get off topic here.

It's out!

Tested animation editor/encoder with some success. Feel free to add/remove/rename bones as you please!

MSBin editor works like HTML tags. You can change colors/borders for any text. More info on this later, but for now use files from the menu/message folder as examples.

Now go have fun.
Yesssss *runs away like a child with a new toy*

I don't know what any of this stuff like "translation" and things means, but it's still awesome!

EDIT: Woah! This tells you exactly how many frames are in an animation! Talk about INCREDIBLY useful. Did I just miss that before, or is it new?

P.S. I am very sad that I still can't see the model previews. Is there anything I can install onto my computer to increase the chance of compatibility?

EDIT: Apparently I have OpenGL 1.4, which is above this program's apparent requirements... a pity I don't know much about this stuff or I might be able to figure out what I'm missing.

Kryal

Smash Ace
Awesome, just what i needed to continue what i was working on.

EDIT!!!: also, i forgot to ask, would you by any chance know exactly what the module files (.rel) do? i have a theory though it is most likely incorrect.
Relative module. They're essentially code files that the game loads, kind of like a DLL.

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
From what I've seen in the Shadow Moses Island .pac's it's possible to edit all of Snake's codec taunts in 3 different languages! The only problem is that the voice wouldn't match the text...

Nerd With An Afro

Smash Journeyman
Relative module. They're essentially code files that the game loads, kind of like a DLL.
Alright, that was sorta what my theory was like.
So Marths module file boots up Marth files right? would it be possible to swap the module files (via iso) along with all the others required to overwrite one character with another? or am i thinking of something else?

shanus

Smash Hero
I offer eternal love and joy to whomever makes falco with fox's nair and fair and utilt :p

/sleeps

Top Bottom