• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox v0.63d (bug fixes)

piggyjelly

Smash Apprentice
OMG LOL

If this works, then double character teams would be one of the coolest things in a while.
I tried this with Luigi, it worked but I couldn't get animations to not freeze, and without his own animations, he looked really messed up.

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
When swapping a character's model and texture with an assist trophy character's, you only have to rename the mdl0, right? Anything in the TextureData can be left alone? I'm attempting to swap Ike's model with Saki's to use for a PSA.

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
I am able to view textures and 3d models in BrawlScape, but only the textures in BrawlBox. I can't figure out how to see the 3d Models...

Edit: Sorry, nevermind. I figured it out. I thought since the images automatically previewed the models would too.

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
I'm trying to replace Lucario w/ Deoxys, but the file size goes smaller than 300KB. What waht I do to make the file big enough to actually WORK? Stuff it with random crap?

MaRRoK

Smash Journeyman
third that^^
lol. i guess i should be cautious about saying something like that without explaining. where it is right now, you can replace it with a custom stage, but it doesnt matter which 1 you choose for some reason. im working on that now
ill post everything later tonight.
its only worked once. mabe i got lucky. lets not assume its perfect. i havent even tested it that much. the problem is that im using a dolphin emulator. and like, it normally freezes randomly (lol paradox but its true). it froze mid game while playing it, but like, that doesnt mean its particularly the result of the stage cuz it freezes alot.
again, ill post again later tonight

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
Just a little suggestion for the next release: in the preview window, when viewing 3D models, I would prefer if the part list was on one side of the window rather than in the right click drop down menu. Repeatedly switching parts on and off while trying to find a specific part or trying to figure out where a part is located can be a hassle the way it is currently. Perhaps the panel could be minimized if someone wanted it out of the way or only accessible via the right click drop down menu (like above or below the list of parts there is a "List Parts" option).

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
Why would the file size even matter...
There are rumors of nintendo putting a code in or something so that pacs or whatever crash the game if its under 300kb. thats why i had to add the ness model to the pokemon trainer... just to get over the 300kb limit

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
There are rumors of nintendo putting a code in or something so that pacs or whatever crash the game if its under 300kb. thats why i had to add the ness model to the pokemon trainer... just to get over the 300kb limit
You know what I find ironic about your statement. Some of Kirby's hat PAC files use less than 300 KB (for example, FitKirbyMario00.pac uses around 238 KB) and they still work.

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace
Melee's arrangement is different to the pac files. This wouldn't open the melee files AND no one currently knows where the melee's model files are.

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman
Hmm i'm going to try and use the Smashville chars over ness and lucas lol

Edit: wait wait wait. hmmm how would i go about adding sword glow to someone else other than the sword characters?

DevilKiller

Smash Apprentice
Well...

How does that have to do with character models? AT ALL? :confused: I see an easy guide for stages, but character models are a bit harder.

I just tried replacing the Ice Climbers with Toon Links. I've taken the model and texture for Toon Link so far and replaced with the respective Ice Climber's models/textures. Both models of Nana and Popo as Toon Link show up in BrawlBox, but not in-game.

I need some more time for hacking-foolery before I even get this to work, but really, is there a guide?

Untouch

Smash Master
No one's model replaced items yet?

BrawlBox inflates the size of the .pac making it impossible to load :S

DevilKiller

Smash Apprentice
Did you do the same with the IC's .pcs / .pac ?
Nope, just their .pcs file. I'll add the .pac and see what happens. I've renamed the models to fit, but other then that, I clearly missing something.

VILE, how's your Ice Climber model replacement going? Just curious.

EdgyBluz

Smash Apprentice
No one's model replaced items yet?

BrawlBox inflates the size of the .pac making it impossible to load :S
I did. I replaced the Bob-omb with that Bomb Head guy from SSE. The only thing that failed was, when the bomb head entered the animation phase (when the bob-omb moves on it's own)
the game froze. Aside from that, it was awesome to throw bomb heads at people.

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
I just looked inside FitLink00.pac and its one Model it says. And its Seperate PolyGons. What file are you looking in?

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
I made Kirby's Down-B Sonic's Spring. And That little Spike thing that Dedede throws out. And Yoshi's Egg.

Untouch

Smash Master
Erm did you know you can hex edit the Data files.

I think the hitboxes for items are in the data files.

Kryal

Smash Ace
You know, I just thought of something. With the ability to create new archives, you can set up certain textures so that they're ASHable. The idea may not be all that impressive, but BrawlBox doesn't always treat the CMPR (tex#00_14) format textures very well (especially with the transparent sections). Fortunately, ASH does treat the CMPR textures pretty well, but semi-transparency is still off-limits.

In the end, after ASH does its job, use BrawlBox to place the texture data .brres files back into their proper slots.
No. CMPR compression has already been improved with the nVidia texture tools source. Next release.

Kryal

Smash Ace
Feature Request!
Ability to edit properties/position of bones.

The stageposition nodes that each stage has control spawn position and respawn position, and a bunch of other goodies. Eventually I want to be able to overlay this positions onto the stage model :D
Eventually, maybe. An animation editor is well on its way. I ALSO want to figure out the hit boxes. One thing at a time.

Top Bottom