• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox v0.63d (bug fixes)

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
It's fairly simple to replace article models. Just replace them with any other mdl0 formatted model really. I replaced arwings with Falcon Flyers.
I tried replacing Link's arrows with Falco's lasers. When he's charging it, Link holds the laser in his hand, but just the white part, no blue. When he shoots, a blue and white Falco laser comes out of the center of the stage going in whatever direction Link is facing. My guess is that it is coming out of (0,0,0) but not relative to Link. On Bridge of Eldin, I can see it when the bridge is broken. It slides along the floor and actually damages opponents. What I want to know it, why doesn't the laser come out of his bow instead of the center of the stage?

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace
Hey this thing isn't complete, i cant delete parts, it just deletes the naming, not the actual piece of the file itself.

I tried to remove parts of the models.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
I tried replacing Link's arrows with Falco's lasers. When he's charging it, Link holds the laser in his hand, but just the white part, no blue. When he shoots, a blue and white Falco laser comes out of the center of the stage going in whatever direction Link is facing. My guess is that it is coming out of (0,0,0) but not relative to Link. On Bridge of Eldin, I can see it when the bridge is broken. It slides along the floor and actually damages opponents. What I want to know it, why doesn't the laser come out of his bow instead of the center of the stage?
Did you replace the AnimationData as well? I bet that's what happens if you don't.

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
Did you replace the AnimationData as well? I bet that's what happens if you don't.
All I did was find the laser, export the model. Then I found Link's arrow, replaced the model with the laser, and renamed it to whatever Link's arrow is supposed to be named. I'm guessing I needed to do more than that, didn't I?

Dantarion

Smash Champion
For replacing models, you MIGHT need to try replacing the .pcs files. This isn't verified, but heres what I have done tonight:

Switching Battlefield and Mushroomy Kingdom's Cameras.
Done by switching raw files inside the stage .pacs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRla6GCqp-8

Fox/Wolf Model Swap attempt 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-77NZuzVHM

Fox/Wolf Model Swap Attempt 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CrfASbRH9s

Peach/Mario Model Swap! No CRASH!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3HPbtLS7hk

Ganon/Jiggs Model Swap.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65Gn3BeiF78

Kryal

Smash Ace
Hey this thing isn't complete, i cant delete parts, it just deletes the naming, not the actual piece of the file itself.

I tried to remove parts of the models.
Oh no, no model editing. That may be soon, but for right now it's mainly brres stuff. Each file type requires special attention, and it's not as easy as deleting a part. Bones are linked to nodes, which are linked to polygons and materials and textures. So... yeah...

shanus

Smash Hero
Kryal: minor feature request:

When using replace all feature, it completely overwrites the contents of a move with one export to another. Can you add a feature such as: "Replace selected" or "Replace contents" so that if you export a move, it overwrites the new move in only the identical names/bone structures the previous file had without deleting the non-matches?

For example:
Say you export a character with 80 bones.
You want to replace in a character with 100 bones.

Can it be designed to replace only the 80 matches and leave the remaining 20?

I'm not sure if this will in fact work or not, but I am planning on trying to dump in each matching bone structure for Fox nair into Falco, and if it does work, I thought it might be a useful feature for those who do not have matching bone counts.

If this is not feasible, sorry for the request then. My knowledge in the texture/model field is very limited.

_Vuze_

Smash Apprentice
Again great work, Kryal! Tested it yesterday night, model preview works fine for preview with Brawl files. But I tried to open a brres from MH3, and it gives me the following error log:

[QOUTE]Informationen über das Aufrufen von JIT-Debuggen
anstelle dieses Dialogfelds finden Sie am Ende dieser Meldung.

************** Ausnahmetext **************
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Der Index war außerhalb des Arraybereichs. (Index out of array range)
bei BrawlLib.Wii.Models.ModelConverter.ExtractPolygon(GLModel model, MDL0Polygon* polygon)
bei BrawlLib.OpenGL.GLModel..ctor(MDL0Node node)
bei BrawlLib.SSBB.ResourceNodes.MDL0Node.GetModel()
bei BrawlBox.NodeWrappers.MDL0Wrapper.Preview()
bei BrawlBox.NodeWrappers.MDL0Wrapper.PreviewAction(Object sender, EventArgs e)
bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Geladene Assemblys **************
mscorlib
Assembly-Version: 2.0.0.0.
Win32-Version: 2.0.50727.1433 (REDBITS.050727-1400).
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll.
----------------------------------------
BrawlBox
Assembly-Version: 0.58.3585.25587.
Win32-Version: 0.58.0.0.
CodeBase: file:///C:/Dokumente%20und%20Einstellungen/xxx/Desktop/BrawlBox.exe.
BrawlLib
Assembly-Version: 0.5.0.0.
Win32-Version: 0.05.0.0.
CodeBase: file:///C:/Dokumente%20und%20Einstellungen/xxx/Desktop/BrawlLib.DLL.
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll.
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll.
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll.
System.Windows.Forms.resources
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/2.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll.
System.resources
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.resources/2.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/System.resources.dll.
mscorlib.resources
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll.

************** JIT-Debuggen **************
Um das JIT-Debuggen (Just-In-Time) zu aktivieren, muss in der
Konfigurationsdatei der Anwendung oder des Computers
(machine.config) der jitDebugging-Wert im Abschnitt system.windows.forms festgelegt werden.
Die Anwendung muss mit aktiviertem Debuggen kompiliert werden.

Zum Beispiel:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

Wenn das JIT-Debuggen aktiviert ist, werden alle nicht behandelten
Ausnahmen an den JIT-Debugger gesendet, der auf dem
Computer registriert ist, und nicht in diesem Dialogfeld behandelt.

[/QOUTE]
(Sorry, it is german ^^")

Is this because the mdl0 file as well as the polygons don't have names in the Monster Hunter 3 brres? I dunno, I tried to rename them and view it, same message.

Another funny thing xD

Kryal

Smash Ace
It's possible the node IDs might be handled differently, or the file structure is different. If you want you can send me the file and I can look at it real quick.

Yeah, materials aren't done yet.

Kryal

Smash Ace
Kryal: minor feature request:

When using replace all feature, it completely overwrites the contents of a move with one export to another. Can you add a feature such as: "Replace selected" or "Replace contents" so that if you export a move, it overwrites the new move in only the identical names/bone structures the previous file had without deleting the non-matches?

For example:
Say you export a character with 80 bones.
You want to replace in a character with 100 bones.

Can it be designed to replace only the 80 matches and leave the remaining 20?

I'm not sure if this will in fact work or not, but I am planning on trying to dump in each matching bone structure for Fox nair into Falco, and if it does work, I thought it might be a useful feature for those who do not have matching bone counts.

If this is not feasible, sorry for the request then. My knowledge in the texture/model field is very limited.
I'm not sure if bone replacing is something you'd want to do. Maybe polygon replacing. If you do that though, you'd have to re-link the nodes manually. This is why I haven't been too excited about model editing.

As for animations though (which is what I'm assuming you want to do), it would be fairly easy to add/edit/remove bone animations (because the file is separate from the model). This way you could make an animation match the bones of ANY model.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
How far away from bone editing are we, you think?

Also, for some reason when I move a model from its original spot, BBox refuses to preview it. Though it does work. (I haven't been able to get Blaster swaps to work though.) "Replacement does not match the instance" or something along that line.

(wfge7)

Smash Cadet
woow

kryal u are a brawl genius
u are definetly up there with pharrox and vile and :chuckle::):):):):)bsz:chuckle::):):):)
now for some colour
:colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful:
:colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful:
:colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful:
:colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful:
:roll: :joyful: :roll: :joyful: :roll: :joyful: :roll: :joyful: :roll: :joyful: :roll: :joyful: :roll: :joyful: :roll: :joyful: :roll: :joyful: :roll: :joyful: :roll: :joyful: :roll: :joyful: :roll: :joyful: :roll: :joyful: :roll: :joyful::roll: :joyful: :roll: :joyful: :roll: :joyful: :roll: :joyful: :roll: :joyful: :roll: :joyful: :roll: :joyful: :roll: :joyful: :roll: :joyful: :roll: :joyful: :roll: :joyful: :roll: :joyful: :roll: :joyful: :roll: :joyful: :roll: :joyful: :roll: :joyful: :roll: :joyful: :roll: :joyful: :roll: :joyful: :roll: :joyful: :roll: :joyful: :roll: :joyful: :roll: :joyful: :roll: :joyful: :roll: :joyful: :roll: :joyful: :roll: :joyful:
:roll: :joyful: :roll: :joyful: :roll: :joyful: :roll: :joyful: :roll: :joyful: :roll: :joyful: :roll: :joyful: :roll: :joyful: :roll: :joyful: :roll: :joyful: :roll: :joyful: :roll: :joyful: :roll: :joyful: :roll: :joyful: :roll: :joyful: :roll: :joyful: :roll: :joyful: :roll: :joyful: :roll: :joyful: :roll: :joyful: :roll: :joyful: :roll: :joyful: :roll: :joyful: :roll: :joyful: :roll: :joyful: :roll: :joyful: :roll: :joyful: :roll: :joyful: :roll: :joyful: :roll: :joyful: :roll: :joyful: :roll: :joyful: :roll: :joyful: :roll: :joyful: :roll: :joyful: :roll: :joyful: :roll: :joyful: :roll: :joyful: :roll: :joyful: :roll: :joyful: :roll: :joyful: :roll: :joyful: :roll: :joyful: :roll: :joyful: :roll: :joyful:
i use :popo: :popo: :popo:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I tried to put Rayquaza on the Final Destination stage with BrawlBox, but my game froze when I tried to access that stage afterwards. That pretty much stinks in general. -_-

EdgyBluz

Smash Apprentice
I tried to put Rayquaza on the Final Destination stage with BrawlBox, but my game froze when I tried to access that stage afterwards. That pretty much stinks in general. -_-
Uhh, I don't think that works o.o
Just testing and see, I'll try it later :dizzy:

Try replacing a character instead of a piece(?) of the stage.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Uhh, I don't think that works o.o
Just testing and see, I'll try it later :dizzy:

Try replacing a character instead of a piece(?) of the stage.
Actually, I placed Rayquaza's PAC files (EnmRayquaza and EnmRayquazaBrres) into the archive called 1, which normally doesn't contain anything inside. I didn't replace anything inside the archive 2.

EdgyBluz

Smash Apprentice
Actually, I placed Rayquaza's PAC files (EnmRayquaza and EnmRayquazaBrres) into the archive called 1, which normally doesn't contain anything inside. I didn't replace anything inside the archive 2.
Oh, i c wut u did thar...

Never tried to do something like that. I'll try something like that in a few minutes, and will post results.

IndigoFenix

Smash Journeyman
I wonder if this can be used to make, say, a playable Assist Trophy, Pokemon Trainer, or Beast Ganon...

By the way, where can I find all these model files for things like Assist Trophies, bosses, etc?

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
Ok, probably not gonna work cuse of the little Bricks (D**N you Nintendo..) But i cant test it at the moment. Im on "vacation" and i have to do School ( not now) And theres a little Club house and its the only place i have an internet signal soo.....

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Pft. I'll give it a shot, while the adderall is still kickin'. Where can I grab the trophy model?
-DD

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Yea. That didn't work. I'm gonna try something to it real quick, see what happens.

Hm, unfortunately this won't work. Mewtwo need's Lucario's bones to be able to do this. *shrug* Almost :3!

-DD

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
From what I understand you need to apply the changes to both the .pac and .pcs of the file you're modifying.

*Goes back to trying to make Pichu trophy work*

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
from what it says.... it replaced his bones too.
Exactly. When it imports the model, it overwrites everything associated to Lucario's model, including bones. Maybe there is something I'm missing here, but the lack of bones means the game doesn't know what to move, and doesn't know what to load, and so it just goes *BBZZZRRRRTTTTTT* and calls it a day. Pharrox's model importer overwrites the model the proper way, I suppose, and that's how its done.
-DD

Top Bottom