• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox v0.63d (bug fixes)

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
You're amazing!

Now all we need is the mdl0 converter. Which will probably be Pharrox's converter I guess.

Will we still have the problem of rigging and animating?

Kryal

Smash Ace
For the animations, do the bones of the characters change like in a moveswap?
If it doesn't, everyone will be all over BrawlBox. :D
Never tried it, but some thoughts.

The bones actually change with the model. From what I understand, bones are sometimes referenced by an ID number, which might not be contiguous across models.

I THINK animations use bone names instead of IDs. So, as long as the bone name stays the same it should work (most have the same names). You might also be able to rename the bone reference in an animation file to something else. Open up an animation file, pick one and expand it. You'll see bone names listed. Rename one and cross your fingers.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
I'm not entirely sure, but you may need to rename the models to reflect the original. Like I showed with model swapping Giga Bowser, you should replace the model and then rename it to match the original. Delete the old textures and import the new ones. The texture name needs to match the original. You can do this easier if you right-click the TextureData package and Export All to a folder.

You can see what textures a model uses by looking under the Textures1/Textures2 node in the model file itself. As a last-minute check, you can open up the model viewer to make sure everything works right.

Also, things considered 'etc' may also be stored in the costume file or the main character pac. There's also the elusive 'effect' folder that may also be used at times.
Well, I've renamed the ModelData to the appropriate things -- "WpnFoxBlaster", and so on, but to no avail. The oddest thing is that Fox still uses his old blaster model exactly as normal. It's as if I changed nothing, which is odd, because I've effectively replaced all data referring to Fox' blaster. (FitFox.pac and the effect file included.) I haven't changed any textures yet, but it should still do something...

Model previews also do not work for me, but the graphics card on my computer is terrible, so it's not unexpected.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I gotta try this out....looking forward to swapping animations. But no confirmation on if animation swapping works like moveset swap code or not it seems.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Wait, so if I'm reading this right, you can take animations from one character, like Attack11 or AppealHi, and put them on different characters? And you could give a character multiple different animations from different characters at once?

O_O That's huge. Why aren't more people getting excited about this?

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
It's 11:30 at night on a Sunday.

So we can replace articles as well now?

Kryal

Smash Ace
Well, I've renamed the ModelData to the appropriate things -- "WpnFoxBlaster", and so on, but to no avail. The oddest thing is that Fox still uses his old blaster model exactly as normal. It's as if I changed nothing, which is odd, because I've effectively replaced all data referring to Fox' blaster. (FitFox.pac and the effect file included.) I haven't changed any textures yet, but it should still do something...

Model previews also do not work for me, but the graphics card on my computer is terrible, so it's not unexpected.
I got it to work. Change the model in the costume file, not the main or etc. Essentially, each costume could then have a different model set for a blaster.

Kryal

Smash Ace
What happened to support for BRSAR and BRSTM files?
Soon. As I understood BRSAR files couldn't be replaced with codes anyways. I hear Phantom Wings might be close though (you didn't hear it from me). Depending on how that works out will change the way sound packs are handled. So, I'm not TOO enthused about finishing this until the replacing process is perfected.

I would like to eventually add the ability to create BRSTM files from scratch like the other files. I'm only one person! So much to do...

Eldiran

Smash Lord
I got it to work. Change the model in the costume file, not the main or etc. Essentially, each costume could then have a different model set for a blaster.
Excellent! I didn't think there was anything terribly important in the costume files -- guess I was wrong. Oh, and I have been making some progress too:

Follows Ganon's exact movements for the taunt. Much better than Navi :D

Anyway, BrawlBox? Still really awesome and amazing. Going to keep fiddling with everything. Thanks again!

markehmus

Smash Apprentice
i managed to swap out captian falcon for the alloy ,no error with brawlbox

-i xtracted zakoboys model
-and replaced captians model
-renamed the 5 textures in captian to suit the alloys
(note the name changes for textures and deleted textures in the top pic with the alloy)
-reopened in brawlbox took these shots no errors yet
-renamed the model to fitcaptian00 since i noticed that i didnt when i took the pic's
(note the top pic still says zakoboy,i changed it ...but still...)

-tried to load with codes and nothing realy changed
-=-=-=-EDIT-=-=-=-
i didnt think it changed anything ...butseems like ios70 was blocking the .gct from working...looks like i made a game freezer...d a m n !
some1 wanna test it for me ... please
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?izn5jmmnj2n

.Fade

Smash Journeyman
Wow. This all looks insane. Must try XD

But still, for a newbie like me, the OP says little to nothing about what this can do. What does BrawlBox do exactly? Is there a mini-guide to using this for...anything? 'Cuz from what I can tell it can definitely do a lot XP

shanus

Smash Hero
WTB Fox's nair, utilt, and fair animations of falco :(

Game crashes so far don't seem promising for them :(

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Tested it out, but the model viewer always causes errors to the program on my end. Not exactly a good start if you asked me.

ShadyGT

Smash Cadet
Nothing worked so far 4 me :/, i thnik i have to test it more :D

And is it possible to give maybe marth the model from issac (assist trophy)?
Or anything like that

Kryal

Smash Ace
Tested it out, but the model viewer always causes errors to the program on my end. Not exactly a good start if you asked me.
Well, when you can make a model viewer that has 100% compatibility with all video cards on the first try let me know. Otherwise, don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Kryal

Smash Ace
WTB Fox's nair, utilt, and fair animations of falco :(

Game crashes so far don't seem promising for them :(
Fox and falco have different bone names. Try renaming them in the animation to match Fox's bones.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Fox and falco have different bone names. Try renaming them in the animation to match Fox's bones.
Didn't and won't work. I tried. Falco has more bones than Fox, so he requires more in his actions. Froze.

Any characters you think would have similar bone layouts?

And also, will ANY article become model replacable, or does it work the same way as animations do?

EDIT: Could it be possible that, if you get rid of some bones, for example, Mario COULD have Lucario's FSmash? Maybe...

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Last night I tried putting Captain Falcon's AppealLwR on Ganondorf's AppealHi. I renamed it to AppealHi but it still froze the game. Is this because animations can only be used for the same move as they originally used, so you can't switch around attacks and taunts and stuff? Or does it have something to do with differing bones between the characters? (I chose those two people because I thought they were similar)

Without freezing, I was able to give Wario CF's down taunt (R), DK Ganondorf's jab and Wario's up tilt, and Mario G&W's taunts.

Also, I noticed that the Falcon Punch was a model, so I tried replacing it on different moves, but it didn't show up on any of them (e.g. Falco's gun was invisible (lol laser fingers)).

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I just replaced the animations. They still stretch out or shrink weirdly when they use the moves, just like the old move swapping codes. But they don't freeze the game like Ganondorf does.

DevilKiller

Smash Apprentice
I just replaced the animations. They still stretch out or shrink weirdly when they use the moves, just like the old move swapping codes. But they don't freeze the game like Ganondorf does.
Well, I guess we can switch similar characters at least. Fire Emblem series, Star Fox series, maybe the plumbers.

EDIT: Gotta keep good ideas to myself. :)

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I'll look into it more later or tomorrow. I was kind of rushing it last night since it was late.

IndigoFenix

Smash Journeyman
This is great, I was just about to ask you to put this in the next version, haha...

I'm not worried about weird shifts. I'm trying to make a shapeshifting character anyway!

EdgyBluz

Smash Apprentice
Ok so, I think I just found something extraordinary. With this we can modify the animations, correct? Yes, that's right.

And so my friend thought : "Hey, if we can modify animations, why not test it with other things, like Assists?"
And so I tested it for him.

I'll not tell which AT I tested, and which char I put his animation but, I can tell ya, IT WORKS.
My char now can do an animation that belongs to an Assist. With this, my personal hack with my friend will be awesome :D

I'll be testing this with boss animations right now. Will edit this post when done.

OBS: Sorry if I got some typos/gramatical erros there, I'm just a 15yo brazilian boy
studying english, so whatever.

EDIT :

Oh my fuc**** god... I just got one of taboo's moves and replaced...AND THOSE PICS ARE THE RESULT :

http://img16.imageshack.us/i/al0803152112binout.jpg/
http://img23.imageshack.us/i/al08031521111binout.jpg/
http://img195.imageshack.us/i/al0803152111binout.jpg/
http://img16.imageshack.us/i/al08031521121binout.jpg/
http://img9.imageshack.us/i/al0803152132binout.jpg/
http://img169.imageshack.us/i/al08031521321binout.jpg/

Kryal

Smash Ace
Didn't and won't work. I tried. Falco has more bones than Fox, so he requires more in his actions. Froze.

Any characters you think would have similar bone layouts?

And also, will ANY article become model replacable, or does it work the same way as animations do?

EDIT: Could it be possible that, if you get rid of some bones, for example, Mario COULD have Lucario's FSmash? Maybe...
It might be possible when we're able to add/delete bones from the animation files. It's not far off, it just requires decoding the animation files. With this we may even be able to edit the animations manually instead of replacing them. ;)

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Aww, I thought you replaced it with Landmasters. ;_; the mini tanks were still awesome.

I still can't replace Fox/Falco's guns though. I even renamed them and no changes. The texture file too. FitFox00.

Top Bottom