• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox v0.63d (bug fixes)

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
So essentially, deleting the background of the picture(leaving that checkered space) is transpearant. Alright then.

I managed to replace Kirby gray CSP with one pic that seemed intent on remaining gray whenever I pasted it over kirby. I kept trying to put in this specific picture as well.

http://i784.photobucket.com/albums/yy122/nuclear432/luigi1_big.png

But it freezes my game every time. Even after reindexing(the picture is already indexed) and eliminating all of the magenta.
I made a complete list of TMNT smash up models for squirtle and it froze. i looked at it again and the reason was it was the wrong file size, then it worked :) perhaps you forgot one step.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Eh... I wanted to download this again (since my computer had to do a clean restart because of a ****ing windows vista update) , but he removed the download link for v0.57...

Eldiran

Smash Lord
This is going to be flat-out amazing when the ability to replace anything gets implemented. Keep up the excellent work, Kryal!

EDIT: By the way, the 0.58 in the above link isn't the real thing, is it?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
^ It looks like the real thing when I look in the zip. Idk if it's just a gag though.
EDIT: it is in fact real.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
SmashBox really has been quite handy, but it's not without its flaws. At times, when you replace a CMPR (tex#00_14) format texture, it'll likely get messed up, especially on the transparent areas.

In cases like that, you can use ASH to counter that problem a bit. However, not every texture is ASHable.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
mark, how do you make the texture from the .png images of each texture part using smashbox? I can't figure it out. -_-

markehmus

Smash Apprentice
mark, how do you make the texture from the .png images of each texture part using smashbox? I can't figure it out. -_-
all you can do is import and export textures by rite clicking them
1st i click a .pac/.psc(whichevr) then say open with and point to the smashbox exe...
..then when i double click any .pac/.pcs the file opens with (hum,hum sorry) brawlbox
scroll to the textures and rite click on the 1 i want to export and change with photoshop.
i dont even name the phot properly most times ..
then i i rite click the texture in brawlbox again and say import..navigate to the image i wanna replave it with and it askes many ways to convert the image but most times i just hit okay.

hope thats what your looking for as an answer if not, just report back and be a little more specific , i would love to help.

Kryal

Smash Ace
LOL! I was replacing files to test the post-processing and I replaced Captain Falcon's model with Giga Bowser's. I also had to import all GBowser's textures and rename them, then delete the old ones. This is what happened:

Having to convert the snapshots made me consider the idea of implementing a converter, but I don't know if that's been taken care of elsewhere or not.

Just thought I'd share ;)

markehmus

Smash Apprentice
humm after trying the new.58b i am realy not seeing much change, readthe front pg... okay now i get it...
...changes aren't that drastic, but menu is more indepth

cant wait for this to support music and models

thanx again

Kryal

Smash Ace
SmashBox really has been quite handy, but it's not without its flaws. At times, when you replace a CMPR (tex#00_14) format texture, it'll likely get messed up, especially on the transparent areas.

In cases like that, you can use ASH to counter that problem a bit. However, not every texture is ASHable.
You have to tell me these things! I hadn't heard anyone complain about it so I thought it was adequate. I know the quantization needs redone, but I never considered it a priority, until now. :(

markehmus

Smash Apprentice
LOL! I was replacing files to test the post-processing and I replaced Captain Falcon's model with Giga Bowser's. I also had to import all GBowser's textures and rename them, then delete the old ones. This is what happened:

Having to convert the snapshots made me consider the idea of implementing a converter, but I don't know if that's been taken care of elsewhere or not.

Just thought I'd share ;)
funny ..geuss i will mess around abit too, i only had errors b4 when i tried that

Kryal

Smash Ace
humm after trying the new.58b i am realy not seeing much change, readthe front pg... okay now i get it...
...changes aren't that drastic, but menu is more indepth

cant wait for this to support music and models

thanx again
I haven't even uploaded it yet! There's a download for 0.58, but that was an unreleased version. It's the first split from the library and lots of things are missing.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
This is excellent. I swapped Fox's Fsmash with Wolf's with ease, and it works great. Then I went on to try to switch Fox and Wolf's blasters... but, even after replacing all the Etc model and animation data in FitFoxMotionEtc.pac, there seems to be no effect. Am I swapping the wrong things? I open up the FitFoxMotionEtc and it clearly says "WpnWolfBlaster" in ModelData[0]. (And WpnWolfBlaster[...] in the other models and animations.)

markehmus

Smash Apprentice
I haven't even uploaded it yet! There's a download for 0.58, but that was an unreleased version. It's the first split from the library and lots of things are missing.
aahhhh okay well i am back for that reason , so i am grabing this now

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
This is excellent. I swapped Fox's Fsmash with Wolf's with ease, and it works great. Then I went on to try to switch Fox and Wolf's blasters... but, even after replacing all the Etc model and animation data in FitFoxMotionEtc.pac, there seems to be no effect. Am I swapping the wrong things? I open up the FitFoxMotionEtc and it clearly says "WpnWolfBlaster" in ModelData[0]. (And WpnWolfBlaster[...] in the other models and animations.)
Excuse me, I'm a bit slow in the head. How exactly did you switch one move? I only see model data for their articles/specials when I open up the .pac.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
You have to tell me these things! I hadn't heard anyone complain about it so I thought it was adequate. I know the quantization needs redone, but I never considered it a priority, until now. :(
I just never had the chance to mention that, since my activity here has dwindled quite a bit. Anyway, SmashBox replaces all the other texture formats with no issues, but when you replace a CMPR format texture, parts of the replaced texture can easily get ruined when there are transparent areas.

This is pretty important to keep note of since you can't use ASH to modify enemies or bosses.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
I can't view the Models, how can I check to see if my Video Card supports Open GL 1.3?

tsunami70875

Smash Journeyman
hooly.
zomg
i gotta try this
fantastic

EDIT: did you open up wolf's FitCharMotionEtc.pac and copy his forward smash animation data to fox's?

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Unfortunately I don't have the equipment for videos... but here's an explanation of how to do it. It's rather simple now that BrawlBox is so powerful.

First, open up the FitCharMotionEtc.pac file you want to take a move from. Under FitCharMotion, then Animation Data, you'll find usually 3-4 Anm dropdowns. Find the animation you want take in the first of these, and right-click and export, saving the file somewhere. Then do the same for any other instance of the animation you can find in Animation Data.

Then you open up the FitCharMotionEtc.pac file for the character you want to give the move to, and find the corresponding animations in the same locations. Right-click and replace, then save when you're all done! And that's it.

jokey665

Smash Ace
Couple of quick questions: does copying the animation copy the hitbox data, or do you have to do that manually in PSA? And can you switch any attack from any character onto any other character?

camelot

Smash Ace
Couple of quick questions: does copying the animation copy the hitbox data, or do you have to do that manually in PSA?
You gotta do it in PSA. Just for kicks, I switched Mario's f-smash animation with Marth's, and the hitboxes were still Mario's.

And can you switch any attack from any character onto any other character?
From what I've tried, yeah.

DevilKiller

Smash Apprentice
For the animations, do the bones of the characters change like in a moveswap?
If it doesn't, everyone will be all over BrawlBox. :D

Kryal

Smash Ace
I'm not entirely sure, but you may need to rename the models to reflect the original. Like I showed with model swapping Giga Bowser, you should replace the model and then rename it to match the original. Delete the old textures and import the new ones. The texture name needs to match the original. You can do this easier if you right-click the TextureData package and Export All to a folder.

You can see what textures a model uses by looking under the Textures1/Textures2 node in the model file itself. As a last-minute check, you can open up the model viewer to make sure everything works right.

Also, things considered 'etc' may also be stored in the costume file or the main character pac. There's also the elusive 'effect' folder that may also be used at times.

Kryal

Smash Ace
I can't view the Models, how can I check to see if my Video Card supports Open GL 1.3?
Check your Display Adapter model in either the device manager or display properties. Check out the manufacturer's web site and see if there are updated drivers. Sometimes Windows doesn't have the OpenGL drivers built-in. I know NVidia and Intel includes it in theirs.

Top Bottom