• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl on the MLG 2010 Pro Circuit (Edited with Additional Info in first post)

M@v

Subarashii!
AY YO ESPN IM REAL HAPPY for YOU, AND IMMA LET YOU FINISH, BUT MLG IS THE BEST SPORTS AFFILIATED ASSOCIATION OF ALL TIME!

Bwoodboy18

Smash Cadet
Why wouldn't you spam it? It's free damage. Play to win.
If I have to continuously use a Chain Grab to rack up damage to win I'd rather not bother playing at all. Its not my style, besides, even if I lose as long as I enjoy myself I'm satisfied.

I hope its not to expensive.....I'm short on money as it is.....

Maybe I'll participate in the CODMW2 section to..........o-o

Asakura cR

Smash Apprentice
Well, team passes for Halo 3 teams and GoW2 teams were $200 per team so I would assume they'll be $50 per player + travel.

And MW2 is only online.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I don't think it will be that high. Back in 2006 when MLG ran both Halo and Brawl it was IIRC 40-50 for a halo pass (after dividing the team pass by 4) and only $20 for Brawl singles.

Asakura cR

Smash Apprentice
I don't think it will be that high. Back in 2006 when MLG ran both Halo and Brawl it was IIRC 40-50 for a halo pass (after dividing the team pass by 4) and only $20 for Brawl singles.
That would make sense, I was just dividing the $200 team pass by four people and assuming that the cose for one person would be the Brawl pass. Either way, I'm upset I can't attend Orlando due to school but Columbus is going to be amazing and hopefully I can travel to the other events this season.

Asakura cR

Smash Apprentice
Alright! So then its within my budget. lol.

All thats left is for them to come to New York maybe Jersey.
For the past couple of years the first stop on the MLG Pro Circuit has been Meadowlands, NJ so I wouldn't be at all surprised to them come back and do an event there again at some point this season.

Fletch

Smash Master
If someone loses in the grand finals because of tripping it will literally be the greatest thing ever.

Looking forward to watching Metaknight fly in circles for hours!
As a strong, strong hater of Brawl and strong supporter of another game that isn't allowed to be mentioned now in this thread, I couldn't be happier to see Brawl picked up by MLG just to see what they will do about shenanigans like this. I don't see why any supporters of a certain older Smash game are upset; did you really think MLG is going to pick it back up? That certain community is having amazing turn-outs and presence right now, so there is nothing to worry about. Be happy for the Brawl crowd that they got in MLG, and take solace in the fact that we can find it entertaining to watch people get planked for 8 minutes in finals only to trip and lose in the end.

Anyways, I don't think anyone has thanked MLG_JV enough for his support of Smash and getting them represented in MLG. So JV, thank you very much for working very hard on both this site and for the Smash community. Cheers!

Yineinjeru

Smash Apprentice
does anyone want to room up in a hotel becuz once i get to the hotel if i have enough ppl im gonna play brawl like 4 or more hours a day until i go to the tourney there.

OfTheEarth

Smash Journeyman
dude. you guys are going to love orlando. hot chicks. Nice weather. and really really cool smashers.
I honestly want to meet so many of you guys! Go MLG!

OfTheEarth

Smash Journeyman
you guys are going to love orlando! pretty ladies, nice weather, and an awesome smash scene.
I want to meet so much of you guys so PM if you'd want to chill
MLG ftw

sorry about the double post
i don't know i thought the other one was deleted or something so i re wrote it :(

Yineinjeru

Smash Apprentice
you guys are going to love orlando! pretty ladies, nice weather, and an awesome smash scene.
I want to meet so much of you guys so PM if you'd want to chill
MLG ftw

sorry about the double post
i don't know i thought the other one was deleted or something so i re wrote it :(

yea dude im so excited to meet everyone., i ant sleep at nite i went to sleep at 6am hyped.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Why is everyone hating on brawl, even if you don't like it it's a good game. Sure, melee may be better in your oppinion but brawl is still part of the series and support here is support there. Sure, it's sucks that they dropped melee but suck up and at least feel good for all of the people who wanted this.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Why is everyone hating on brawl, even if you don't like it it's a good game. Sure, melee may be better in your oppinion but brawl is still part of the series and support here is support there. Sure, it's sucks that they dropped melee but suck up and at least feel good for all of the people who wanted this.
Please leave the issue alone. What's been needed to be said has been said.

Yineinjeru

Smash Apprentice

yea there brawl haters and melee haters. its lie halo 2 haters to ppl who hate halo 3.... everyone is gonna think something is better than the other its just life..

WOOT MLG ORLANDO!!!!

Bwoodboy18

Smash Cadet
dude. you guys are going to love orlando. hot chicks. Nice weather. and really really cool smashers.
I honestly want to meet so many of you guys! Go MLG!
Wish I was going to MLG Orlando, There aren't many smashers on Long Island that I consider good besides a few friends of mine. I have yet to meet anyone from the city that play SSBB and are good I'm sure there out there this is why we need tournys in New York T_T

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Wish I was going to MLG Orlando, There aren't many smashers on Long Island that I consider good besides a few friends of mine. I have yet to meet anyone from the city that play SSBB and are good I'm sure there out there this is why we need tournys in New York T_T

you live in tristate what universe do you live in that there are not tournaments for you...go to Atlantic north and look it all up...

LI has great smashers....pgn/anti/will/minty....wow just wow

have you even HEARD of VC?

Albert.

Smash Master
wish I Was Going To Mlg Orlando, There Aren't Many Smashers On Long Island That I Consider Good Besides A Few Friends Of Mine. I Have Yet To Meet Anyone From The City That Play Ssbb And Are Good I'm Sure There Out There This Is Why We Need Tournys In New York T_t
you Live In Tristate What Universe Do You Live In That There Are Not Tournaments For You...go To Atlantic North And Look It All Up...

Li Has Great Smashers....pgn/anti/will/minty....wow Just Wow

Have You Even Heard Of Vc?
Lmao Wowwwww

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Can we get a good ruleset out soon? I mean, if you guys ban MK, have fun not seeing some players showing up. Hopefully some planking and scrooging rules. Any confirmation on that?

Bwoodboy18

Smash Cadet
you live in tristate what universe do you live in that there are not tournaments for you...go to Atlantic north and look it all up...

LI has great smashers....pgn/anti/will/minty....wow just wow

have you even HEARD of VC?
I've searched for tournaments locally, sadly I've found none. No, I haven't heard of any of those people probably because I can't find tournys....

Top Bottom