• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl on the MLG 2010 Pro Circuit (Edited with Additional Info in first post)

Yineinjeru

Smash Apprentice
Yea I'm going to bring my ipod.will they let u listen to it will ur competting?? Idk why not but just incase they actually wouldn't which I think it would be lame if they didn't..

Jack of Blades!

Smash Journeyman
Ill only listen to it if ppl start to yell I hate it when ppl yell it distracts me so bad.... I rather listen to ny music than ppl....
THIS!

People talk trash during matches in all competetive games. It happens, you can't escape it (or can you?). That and I usually feel more motivated and pumped while playing a game if I am listening to a song I really like.

For some people I imagine it would not help, but for some it does. If it helps and they allow it, go for it.

edit: However if the crowd is screaming in general and not really talking trash then it doesn't bother me, and of course if they are cheering for me I want them to continue to do so, so that can pump me up too.

I don't talk trash ever, and on the flip side I don't even like the crowd talking trash to the other person. All I want to hear is positive things, even if it's only going toward the other person.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Hopefully they give people a place to stand or something to sit on. Gears 2 got one or two benches and a few chairs that the refs usually used.

Yineinjeru

Smash Apprentice
i dont get why game battles would host a brawl tourney with the lag.... it seems like a waste of time dontcha think?? becuz u cant play with ur full potencial and the lag might get worse....

Yineinjeru

Smash Apprentice
ehh not really both games are gonna be long i cant wait to watch ppl play and find new strategies and meet everyone!!! XD my adrenaline starts flowing just thinking about it. im really excited to play someone that makes my heart start pumping and make me nervous while playing!!! maybe im over excited about this but idc its gonna be so much fun!! oh and is this double elimination or once u lose ur done with the tourney??

Bwoodboy18

Smash Cadet
ehh not really both games are gonna be long i cant wait to watch ppl play and find new strategies and meet everyone!!! XD my adrenaline starts flowing just thinking about it. im really excited to play someone that makes my heart start pumping and make me nervous while playing!!! maybe im over excited about this but idc its gonna be so much fun!! oh and is this double elimination or once u lose ur done with the tourney??
If thats the case you better hope you at least get passed the preliminary rounds..

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
if there was a MLG Event held in nyc i would probably join.
its cool to see Brawl getting some kind of spot light

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
THIS!

People talk trash during matches in all competetive games. It happens, you can't escape it (or can you?). That and I usually feel more motivated and pumped while playing a game if I am listening to a song I really like.

I don't talk trash ever, and on the flip side I don't even like the crowd talking trash to the other person. All I want to hear is positive things, even if it's only going toward the other person.
CONTRADICTION?!

WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN

Smooth Criminal

Jack of Blades!

Smash Journeyman
CONTRADICTION?!

WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN

Smooth Criminal
I've been hit by, I've been struck by ... x_x

I assume you mean the part you underlined. Yes it is a contradiction when you get down to it. I stated you can't escape it, then implied you could. What I meant was, people are going to talk trash, you can't escape that. However you can escape hearing it by pluging your ears. In this case with music.

Sorry if I seem confusing.

Yineinjeru

Smash Apprentice
ADHD beating m2k only means ADHD is better, not the character.
yea i know but i think ppl r to afraid of metaknight like m2k uses metaknight well its becuz of his skill i have ppl saying its the char like what. but i reaally wih ppl would stop with the metaknight that hes cheap... btw i dont play metaknight...

Bwoodboy18

Smash Cadet
yea i know but i think ppl r to afraid of metaknight like m2k uses metaknight well its becuz of his skill i have ppl saying its the char like what. but i reaally wih ppl would stop with the metaknight that hes cheap... btw i dont play metaknight...
Skill level determines your own tiers but officially MK is in his own tier making him "better" then everyone else. In the words of Mr. Popo HA!

Yineinjeru

Smash Apprentice
Skill level determines your own tiers but officially MK is in his own tier making him "better" then everyone else. In the words of Mr. Popo HA!
ohh ok. so ive seen alot of metaknight players do u think there will be alot of ppl playing him at mlg becuz hes good like becuz his top tier??

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Money is money, I'd pick up a character that has a solid build too if I knew I had a chance at actually winning the money.

o.o I mean hell, there's no reason to pay so much for it to just go in there with a bad character, get *****, and go home with only thinking that you made yourself look good by not going with a "top tier". lol

Yineinjeru

Smash Apprentice
Money is money, I'd pick up a character that has a solid build too if I knew I had a chance at actually winning the money.

o.o I mean hell, there's no reason to pay so much for it to just go in there with a bad character, get *****, and go home with only thinking that you made yourself look good by not going with a "top tier". lol

yea true lol. idk but i think every charecter has a chance if u get good enough with the char.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
yea true lol. idk but i think every charecter has a chance if u get good enough with the char.
This is a bad way of thinking. Even if you get "good enough with that character" you have to realize that other people are going to get good with Top Tiers. A thousand years of experience with Pokemon Trainer wont make up for the fact that Snake can Utilt you from 20 feet away.

Bwoodboy18

Smash Cadet
This is a bad way of thinking. Even if you get "good enough with that character" you have to realize that other people are going to get good with Top Tiers. A thousand years of experience with Pokemon Trainer wont make up for the fact that Snake can Utilt you from 20 feet away.
You have a point....I like to call that Snakes Effortless kick of death.

To many times have I've been the victim of that.

Yineinjeru

Smash Apprentice
Yea I love snake XD. I just say this becuz I heard japan once said that diddy kong is suppossed to be top teir in their book.like do u guys get scared facing a metaknight more than anyother char does ur mind say holy**** a metaknight??

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Well hey, in Japan, Squirtle is pretty well ranked...granted, on his own, but still.

I do think that some characters just have absolutely no shot of getting anywhere with any character (Ganondorf, looking at you buddy). But, I think there will be some instances where some low tier character, or even mid tier, will be brought somewhere by a skilled player. Either that or everything stays static and that's just boring.

I'm probably wrong, but I have no doubt that there's even a slim chance that someone could get great with Pokemon Trainer or something to the point where they can truly win something big. It's just realizing the weaknesses and hiding them while taking the strengths.

Bwoodboy18

Smash Cadet
Yea I love snake XD. I just say this becuz I heard japan once said that diddy kong is suppossed to be top teir in their book.like do u guys get scared facing a metaknight more than anyother char does ur mind say holy**** a metaknight??
Scared? Of Metaknight? Never. If anything I fight my hardest...if there is one character that I lose focus against its Olimar.

Yineinjeru

Smash Apprentice
Yea true, but in my opinion any char has a chance to be really good has long has a skilled player is playing,,, and yea I don't like facing olimar but I love playing has him. Ok. So who do you guys think is gonna be the biggest threat char wise in the tourney??

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
ADHD beating m2k only means ADHD is better, not the character.
lol i dont think he/she mentioned anything about adhd or m2k. probably just thinks diddy is better.I think diddy is better, not being bias because i play mk, i always thought diddy was better. just because mk is simple to use dosent mean hes the best.

iRJi

Smash Champion
lol i dont think he/she mentioned anything about adhd or m2k. probably just thinks diddy is better.I think diddy is better, not being bias because i play mk, i always thought diddy was better. just because mk is simple to use dosent mean hes the best.
Nope, him having no negative matchups is the reason though.

Anyway, drop the Metaknight and talk about what character is the best. If you want to talk about that, go to the tier list thread linked in tactical. This isn't really the best place for it.

Yineinjeru

Smash Apprentice
Nope, him having no negative matchups is the reason though.

Anyway, drop the Metaknight and talk about what character is the best. If you want to talk about that, go to the tier list thread linked in tactical. This isn't really the best place for it.
i dont believe in threats of the teir list or the tier list itsself becuz i can post a threat saying pikachu is the best and ppl will believe it. and prolly start playing pikachu becuz the tier list says so..... i believe any char has a chance to be really good in just takes time and a skilled player. to be honest i think the tier list is stupid.

Asakura cR

Smash Apprentice
Tier lists are just supposed to tell you who's the general best assuming two evenly skilled people were playing.

I firmly believe that in some cases, if you learn your character and the matchup well enough, tiers don't matter. The lowest of the tiers are pretty much the exception to this rule but even then there are exceptions (Taj's Mewtwo anyone?).

Tier lists are a guideline, not absolute fact.

Top Bottom