• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl on the MLG 2010 Pro Circuit (Edited with Additional Info in first post)

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
go to atlantic north its not that hard to find where are you look all is brawl or something XD

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
I've searched for tournaments locally, sadly I've found none. No, I haven't heard of any of those people probably because I can't find tournys....
lol yo homie, u got like some of the best brawl players in ur state lol. go to Atlantic north under "regional zones" .

Yineinjeru

Smash Apprentice
so is the hotel they listed the best one to go to or should i find a cheaper one?? what are the special room amenities what would they be??

Asakura cR

Smash Apprentice
so is the hotel they listed the best one to go to or should i find a cheaper one?? what are the special room amenities what would they be??
You don't have to book with the hotel they suggest, but they always suggest the closest hotel. They also give you a small discount on the hotel they suggest and you'll be in an area with only other gamers.

There isn't anything "special" about the rooms though. But I know a lot of people bring extra TV's and systems and play with other people before and after each day.

Yineinjeru

Smash Apprentice
You don't have to book with the hotel they suggest, but they always suggest the closest hotel. They also give you a small discount on the hotel they suggest and you'll be in an area with only other gamers.

There isn't anything "special" about the rooms though. But I know a lot of people bring extra TV's and systems and play with other people before and after each day.
alright thanx ^_^

Yineinjeru

Smash Apprentice
i dont like how theres an online tourney fer brawl wouldnt the lag screw ppl up?? i think its a stupid idea and i waste of time. like i would love to join it if it didnt have lag but sometimes when me and my friends play i lag BAD. like a second and a half lag time...

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Okay then. Yineinjeru, if you keep on double posting mods will infract you and you don't want that. Just edit your original post instead of posting a entirely new post.

Asakura cR

Smash Apprentice
i dont like how theres an online tourney fer brawl wouldnt the lag screw ppl up?? i think its a stupid idea and i waste of time. like i would love to join it if it didnt have lag but sometimes when me and my friends play i lag BAD. like a second and a half lag time...
The seeding points you get online don't really factor in all that much. Basically, it only helps you get seeded over people who have no online or live event points. Live event points will get seeded, then online points, then no points.

He/She doesn't know any better. :Γ
I'm really tired of people saying join date means you're an idiot. It's not always the most reliable way to judge someone.

Niko.

Smash Rookie
This is going to be one interesting MLG season, can't wait to watch the Brawl broadcast.

Asakura cR

Smash Apprentice
Let me rephrase. They are affiliated with each other, but not to an extremely large degree. Yes, ESPN does have some video game coverage on their site, but nothing vast.

MLG is still a long way off from getting Halo on live TV, let alone Brawl.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
MLG_JV said the same thing; that he loves smash 64. Yet, we're still a forum under "Gaming" lol!

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
there's no limit on the entrants. there never will be. events must be as big as possible.
Incorrect, actually. MLG always has a limit on the amount of entry passes they sell for every game. I don't remember what it was when Melee was on the circuit, but I'd expect it to be around the same as it was then.

Bwoodboy18

Smash Cadet
Okay so it will be streamed live...that will be fun. They probably won't stream all the matched at least not till it trims down to the final 30 or something.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Except when every game gets timed out for 8 minutes.
Even then, halo takes longer. I can say the same thing for people running the timer on halo, and it's a 15 min for slayer, and 30 min for Flag lol. normal halo matches run between 8 min on average also, brawl w/o running the timer takes about 5 each.

Yineinjeru

Smash Apprentice
Even then, halo takes longer. I can say the same thing for people running the timer on halo, and it's a 15 min for slayer, and 30 min for Flag lol. normal halo matches run between 8 min on average also, brawl w/o running the timer takes about 5 each.
yea thats true the matches can even end sooner than 5 it depends on the players skill.

Top Bottom