• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl on the MLG 2010 Pro Circuit (Edited with Additional Info in first post)

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I may dislike brawl to the point where I kindly ask people to turn it off next to me when playing other fighter becuase if gives me a headaches and I can't focus mentally as well when i'm mostly about the mental game. But it should have at least been given a shoot.

Scidadle

Smash Champion
I may dislike brawl to the point where I kindly ask people to turn it off next to me when playing other fighter becuase if gives me a headaches and I can't focus mentally as well when i'm mostly about the mental game. But it should have at least been given a shoot.
Then you should never ever go to a tournament.

Ever

I'ma pickup mk and play sometimes when I'm at a smashfest nd stuff.

I love brawl+ and hopefully Project:M so brawl has given us some good stuff for sure and MLG adding brawl can only strengthen the community.

sbnick

Smash Rookie
I wonder who everyone on MLG will fight with. I'd love to see someone do really well with a lame character.

M@v

Subarashii!
MLG isnt going to change who's playing in and placing in tourneys; it will mainly add more new players thats all.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Because it was done around christmas and he was Gliding under the stage repeatedly which was a pretty new type of stalling/camping.

Dragoomba

Smash Lord
That still doesn't really explain why it was given a new name, but sureeee. Scrooging it is!

I don't see anything wrong with it. :) Looks like I'll be a brawler now!

Hi guys.
Because planking is just pretty much just ledge-stalling.

At least that's what I thought it was.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
puff dittos are funner i've played them heck i've played pichu dittos were all I did was camp B and wd back f-smash on PS it shouldn't have been over 6 minutes long on one of the fastest places to kill someone, lightest charcters, with powerful kill moves and the moe powerful out ranges everything.

But I think it was painfully clear diddy some have been bananaing up that paltform he kept camping so he would have to get off then diddy peanut him. even if MK when to grab the BANanas diddy could have been firing peanuts at him to stop it. I don't play brawl but I think that would have worked

Bwoodboy18

Smash Cadet
OMG MLG!!!!

I've ALWAYS wanted to be in an MLG tourny....especially for brawl,
I hope one of the cities is New York.....then finally I can go....I'd probably go 2v2, Being the 2nd best in my town teamed up with a my friend who is number #1......It would be a good experience! Even if (and probably when) I lose. =D

I hope they outlaw the camping/planking/scrooging/and cheap Chain Grab kills *coughcoughKingDeDeDecoughcough*

Otherwise, its going to be crap.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
you can't oout law camping because camping can simply be not approaching and some people can't approach and that would be like banned them from playing. Also don't forget to hate on the infs.

chain throws are brawl combos how can you ban combos?

TheBOSS

Smash Lord
I've been in this community for a long time now. I've gone to huge tournies helped host huge tournies (OC3) but by far, my experiance at MLG Anaheim in 2006 was amazing. I can't relay how truly epic the events are. Although I only play Melee still, I encourage ALL Brawl players to attend an MLG event(s).

Also, I would hope that those behind the decision making for what games are on the circuit would realize how the MELEE scene is just as large and just as ACTIVE as the Brawl scene; and it only continues to grow... I see new faces more than ever now and the Recent turnout for Attendees at Pound 4 and DBR's Genesis Tournaments is astounding. Melee is coming back...and I'm excited to see where this MLG announcement for Brawl will take this COMMUNITY as a whole.

rhan

Smash Hero
Melee heads:

STFU AND LET BRAWL FOLKS HAVE THEIR 15 MINUTES OF FAME!

That is all.

TheBOSS

Smash Lord
my post wasn't bashing on brawl at all if u 2 are referring to me. thats why i said COMMUNITY, as in the smash community as a whole. brawl going mlg is a great step forward for our community, i would just loveeeee to see melee make it back into the mlg scene.

Bwoodboy18

Smash Cadet
you can't oout law camping because camping can simply be not approaching and some people can't approach and that would be like banned them from playing. Also don't forget to hate on the infs.

chain throws are brawl combos how can you ban combos?
Yes Chain Grabs are combos unless your name is King DeDeDe then its just a cheap K.O.

I main Falco so I use his Chain Grab, but I don't spam it.....thats basically what I mean.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
I really hope they ban mk, or shorten the amount of ledge grabs. the infinite are dumb but chain throws should be kept in, all smash games have that, its not a big deal. but i also play wario, and he dosent really get grabbed so maybe im bias.

edit: btw, if they ban mk, how many pros do yall think will quit?

tubes

Smash Ace
Yes Chain Grabs are combos unless your name is King DeDeDe then its just a cheap K.O.

I main Falco so I use his Chain Grab, but I don't spam it.....thats basically what I mean.
Why wouldn't you spam it? It's free damage. Play to win.

my post wasn't bashing on brawl at all if u 2 are referring to me. thats why i said COMMUNITY, as in the smash community as a whole. brawl going mlg is a great step forward for our community, i would just loveeeee to see melee make it back into the mlg scene.
I'm honestly not so sure I want MLG to pick melee back up. I'd rather see Melee grow on its own without MLG's help, which I believe is very much doable even if MLG picks up Brawl. After seeing everything the Melee community has accomplished since 2008, I believe this community can overcome any obstacle.

10 years from now there will be a franchise which has a ****ty sequel and the community will be all like "cmon guys we can just play the old game! look at Street Fighter 2! Look at Starcraft! Look at SSBM!"

Asakura cR

Smash Apprentice
I really hope they ban mk, or shorten the amount of ledge grabs. the infinite are dumb but chain throws should be kept in, all smash games have that, its not a big deal. but i also play wario, and he dosent really get grabbed so maybe im bias.

edit: btw, if they ban mk, how many pros do yall think will quit?
Probably not all that many, most of them also use an A tier so it wouldn't be too hard to use that character as your main for MLG. And it would make matches more interesting, IMO.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
Probably not all that many, most of them also use an A tier so it wouldn't be too hard to use that character as your main for MLG. And it would make matches more interesting, IMO.
im sure m2k will quit though, not saying he couldn't pick up another char and ****, just saying i havent ever heard of him using another char, so it would be like starting from scratch. o wait, didnt he use DDD before mk?

_umbra_

Smash Champion
awesome, I never got to go to one of the melee mlg events so I'll have to go to one of these. I'd rather go to a melee event, but i'm glad that brawl at least got added. :)

Top Bottom