• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl is dying in FL... Lets kill it and resurrect melee, who's with me?

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
afro just doesnt like camping cuz he doesnt find the simple enjoyment of dealing with it, of course he'd rather have easy to read approaches come toward him, duhhhh

Leh

Smash Ace
afro just doesnt like camping cuz he doesnt find the simple enjoyment of dealing with it, of course he'd rather have easy to read approaches come toward him, duhhhh
Just like you'd rather me go snake so you could have a easy time Chaingrabbing? rofl....

No people like you are fvcking ********, theres a difference between CAMPING and spacing your moves to be safe.

Thats the **** you idiots dont understand, camping as in always staying on the other side of the stage, while spacing does not mean your always approaching.

You cant camp vs me now hrnut because i know how to counter snake camping, and you CANT camp with marth. THATS WHAT IM ANGRY ABOUT. YOU CANT CAMP WITH A FVCKIN CHARACTER WITH NO PROJECTILE.

Like did you even watch your videos, you were LOSING the match, while staying on the other side of the stage jumping up and down like a idiot. Or hanging on the edge waiting for me to move in. That **** is impossible in other fighters, like its literally IMPOSSIBLE. This is not to say that you cant attack at a range thats safe, or make use of your projectiles, but you cant just jump around like a f@ggot for 7 minutes.

And dont give me that you werent trying bull****, if you werent trying, you wouldnt of switched characters 3 times trying to win.

Dont be offended, but theres a reason i only do friendlies with certain people (they know who they are). If its not fun, im not going to do it, thats why unless its for money, i probably wont do friendlies with you. BTW that goes for everyone not just HRnut, if you find me often rejecting to do friendlies with you, its because playing you isnt fun. Unless im going to get something out of it, i have no reason to sit down and be frustrated. The patience game is not a fun game.

Anonymous.

Smash Lord
wouldnt melee have to been dead first before it can be resurrected. Its been the main tourney game for the past what...7 years now? Just cause it isnt the main game anymore since brawl came out, doesnt mean melee is dead.

I'
LOL i wish, more like 3 years. Competitive melee actually became something in 2005, and was hardly big in 2003 or 2004, although it did exist, it wasn't truely big until MLG picked it up. Sure count TG3 and those other small as **** tourneys, but they hardly count to me.

Brawl isn't actually bigger than melee either, and it hardly was. The amount of scrubs easily out balances the amount of people who have a clue what they are doing and talking about in brawl. Compared to melee, thats been out long enough to the point that now such a large amount of people are good, theres such a small amount of people who a truely bad at melee, and people are still growing. Even people who started becoming competitive at brawls release are getting into competitive melee.

Trying to kill either game so early is just foolhardy, and I doubt either of them will be going down any time soon. Brawl is going to lose attendance at tourneys slowly, yet melee's die hard and dedicated community will probably stand a lot longer.

You cant camp vs me now hrnut because i know how to counter snake camping, and you CANT camp with marth. THATS WHAT IM ANGRY ABOUT. YOU CANT CAMP WITH A FVCKIN CHARACTER WITH NO PROJECTILE.
What a horribly wrong statement, lol.

So your trying to say jigglypuff can't camp unless it gets some sort of projectile?

Marth can easily camp with his aerials in melee or brawl. I don't see where your logic is coming from at all.

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
i don't think that playing brawl more would get boring, i think it's perhaps playing the same person, or usually same people in a tournament aside friendlies. brawl wars is coming up and pnt is after, i say we set up at least a good 3 games on the amount of tv's they have. the point is not one game, that's when it dies out. look at it, chckn and seibrik, and i'm pretty sure whoever was at the PnT 1 buck tourney, the finals were done in melee. now that was fun and great to even watch.

i plan on holding a huge *** tourney, once i can find a big enough venue in miami, with~
melee
brawl
mvc? :lick:
and more, and yeah going on all at once.

Leh

Smash Ace
LOL i wish, more like 3 years. Competitive melee actually became something in 2005, and was hardly big in 2003 or 2004, although it did exist, it wasn't truely big until MLG picked it up. Sure count TG3 and those other small as **** tourneys, but they hardly count to me.

Brawl isn't actually bigger than melee either, and it hardly was. The amount of scrubs easily out balances the amount of people who have a clue what they are doing and talking about in brawl. Compared to melee, thats been out long enough to the point that now such a large amount of people are good, theres such a small amount of people who a truely bad at melee, and people are still growing. Even people who started becoming competitive at brawls release are getting into competitive melee.

Trying to kill either game so early is just foolhardy, and I doubt either of them will be going down any time soon. Brawl is going to lose attendance at tourneys slowly, yet melee's die hard and dedicated community will probably stand a lot longer.

What a horribly wrong statement, lol.

So your trying to say jigglypuff can't camp unless it gets some sort of projectile?

Marth can easily camp with his aerials in melee or brawl. I don't see where your logic is coming from at all.
Thats why your a fvckin moron to, spacing your attacks and camping are 2 completely different things.

Dont even post.

Anonymous.

Smash Lord
Thats why your a fvckin moron to, spacing your attacks and camping are 2 completely different things.

Dont even post.
LOLOL I'm the moron, ok. At least give me some logic on how you have to have a projectile to camp, rofl.

I didn't even quote your section of the post where you said that, I quoted your part about camping that was horribly wrong. Obviously spacing and camping are two diffrent things.

Leh

Smash Ace
LOLOL I'm the moron, ok. At least give me some logic on how you have to have a projectile to camp, rofl.

I didn't even quote your section of the post where you said that, I quoted your part about camping that was horribly wrong. Obviously spacing and camping are two diffrent things.
Give you logic behind needing a projectile?
Seriously like...i can only be so nice.
But uhh
R
U
DUMB?

If you dont have a projectile, and your standing on the other side of the stage vs someone who DOES have a projectile (lets use falco's lasers for instance, in brawl or melee i guess). Explain how you plan on staying away from a opponent who can HIT YOU but you cant HIT HIM?

Obviously if the stage permits you could try to run away (like Luigi's Mansion, its easy to avoid people for long periods of times), but thats ********, and shouldnt be possible--Which leads to my disliking of brawl.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
poor afro, doesnt like camping, which is understandable. it can be frustrating

but if diddy kong could space snake with any move besides a banana, trust me, i'd be doing it. Nothing i do reaches him past the range of the ftilt/uptilt can. So i have no shame when i play a little campier than usual against a snake. Ill run in and do some combos every now and then, but approaching snake with anything but camping with bananas or peanuts first is death for the monkey. People who have logical hitboxes, like meta knight , marth and GW just to name a few, ill approach all day :laugh:

thats just me giving my own reason why i play campy sometimes. I cant speak for anyone else.

lol. yes flatsoda, thats some wild west staredown type stuff right there

Linguini

Smash Master
stfu seibrik, you can jack off all you want to brawl just dont do it in this thread because by god i dotn want to se your disgusting posts any longer.

I will never like brawl more than melee, ever, ever.
To tell you the truth it's not even close.

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
The only reason I still play brawl is because of falco.
he's so much fun!

much like lehfro I hate playing against campy ppl.
even though these are my good friends

HRNUT/TTT/equi/ fvcking Fearless (<3 u, not ***limar) / and most snake players.

my fav snake to play is lehfro, man those are intense, 100% action, I have alot of fun.

Life After Death

Smash Champion
nothings boring when u know exactly what o do vs it. theres is a 100% difference in knowing something andmostly knowing it. no one here knows their talking i meanb i ccant blame u. u guyts are only going from what ur seeing and most liekly continue going from what ur seeing until u exp the meaning of truly mastering something

gotta remember ur eyes and the pressure in matches can lie to you and hide options that later on you'll be like ohh dam why didnt i see this b4. only stubborn people dont adapt or just crappy people in general.

No seibrik brawl is not a GOOD replacement for melee and prolly never will be. if brawl replaces melee than thats just horrible horrendous like hoes. but we still love hoes regardless. if melee and brawl replaces that would be said but at least the game is cooler.

dguy6789

Smash Lord
This thread fell into scrubdom fast didn't it?

Brawl is not Melee. It is played very little like Melee. It should not replace Melee.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
(signs) you know i hate seeing these thread become arguements on melee and brawl. its just so sad and pitiful. no offense guys. ultimately, i blame sakurai for making both melee and brawl inferior (i can sense flames coming, but please let me explain).

sakurai never ever wanted smash bros. to be a competitive franchise (which is stupid of him to think that a fighting game like smash cannot be competitive). that being said, its his fault that melee came out the way it did, although i'm sure most of you are happy with the way it came out. if he took the time to make melee the way he wanted, then there would have never had been any wavedashing, l-cancel, etc. but it didn't turn out that way. i heard that melee was rushed and eventually, we came to find out glitches and advance techniques. i am not sure if this is true, so don't flame me on that thought. so sakuari saw what mistakes he did in melee.

now heres come another mistake; he believed he could fix that problem with brawl, which was a very wrong move. we see how many melee veterans are complaining (the competitive at least, most casuals don't care). they said that sakurai took out everything that was competitive from melee into brawl and all we have are campers and spammers. and i agree its not cool. he was bias too (cough cough mk, ddd, cough cough). so brawl isn't melee 2.0 as people were hoping. i like brawl, but there are many flaws in that i don't like. i don't care that it didn't have melee's mechanics (i suck at melee), i cared that it didn't have l-cancel, didn't have meteor cancel, and didn't have more hitstun. i can live without wavedashing (not everyone is good at it).

so now i'm hearing brawl should die and melee should come back. in my opinion, both should stay together! come on, be reasonable. they are both 2 different games! its the same thing with smash 64. its different from melee. the same with brawl. it has different mechanics. people will want more than just the original.

both games can co-exist. of course this doesn't convince everyone. my only hope is that brawl and melee will last long enough till the next smash bros game comes out (if another one ever comes out), with it being equally competitive and casual. and buff kirby, lol. if i said anything stupid, please kindly let me know. i'm not here to start arguements. thanx.

(bracing myself for flames...)

harriettheguy

Smash Lord
(bracing myself for flames...)
ur a doo doo head

there is no support.

so there's an empty rec room at UF that would make a nice venue.
It's about the size of Manko's tampa place, but its like tile and stuff with fluorescent lights. A big rectangular room.

Fold up tables are provided, (and ping pong tables) and there are a bunch of outlets.

However, if we were to hold a tournament, we will need like a lot of tv's.
Gville can only bring like 2.

Still gotta talk about renting it for a day, and we may have to do pay outs under the table. (To avoid money issues ill say im givin' out gift certificates or something)

Life After Death

Smash Champion
yo master raven let me get friendlies with you online i wanaa see ur potential....

then madd friendlies in person cuz i haaaate online anyway. i lose to everyone online anyway iono if i just suck online or its that iim not used to it.

Blea Gelo

Smash Lord

HOW CAN YOU SAY NO TO MELEE?
Im so cute :lick: XD

I like this Venezuelan guy, more melee...

"Melee More Plzzzz"....is the last thing we will probably hear from him ever lol
Dude i know some of this guys, hats y im here.. Dont be so rude at me maaanggg :urg: (K)

Dont **** with blea, hes a straight up original gangsta
IMMA WANNA BE MY MAANG

ahhh my eyes!! theyyy bleed so bad
Casuality.. same thing hapened to me when i read that..

Dont even post.

OKOK wait a sec... Dude, when ur talking about camping, u can camp with/withoutiles.. Oc ofcourse, snake projectiles are inva in that game, thats why if u camp, u win.. But i aggree with u when u say brawl is just crap.. thats sooo tru

SynikaL

Smash Lord
Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but I see a lot of ignorance in this thread so I may as well mention it...

The reason Brawl and Melee cannot co-exist in one tournament is because the idea simply defies logic -- there simply isn't enough time in a day. Compared to other fighting games, Melee tournaments are very long for obvious reasons. Brawl is that much worse because of its slower pace.

In regards to Melee and Brawl co-existing in general, as a poster named Card put it: "While Melee may never die, Melee will never grow".

As long as Brawl exists, attempting to indoctrinate new Melee players is a losing battle. Melee is the "old" game. While you'll run into a few exceptions (there are always exceptions), for the most part, young Smash players do not want to play Melee.

-Kimosabae

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but I see a lot of ignorance in this thread so I may as well mention it...

The reason Brawl and Melee cannot co-exist in one tournament is because the idea simply defies logic -- there simply isn't enough time in a day. Compared to other fighting games, Melee tournaments are very long for obvious reasons. Brawl is that much worse because of its slower pace.

In regards to Melee and Brawl co-existing in general, as a poster named Card put it: "While Melee may never die, Melee will never grow".

As long as Brawl exists, attempting to indoctrinate new Smash players is a losing battle. Melee is the "old" game. While you'll run into a few exceptions (there are always exceptions), for the most part, young Smash players do not want to play Melee.

-Kimosabae
convincing enough.

spider_sense

Smash Champion

As long as Brawl exists, attempting to indoctrinate new Smash players is a losing battle. Melee is the "old" game. While you'll run into a few exceptions (there are always exceptions), for the most part, young Smash players do not want to play Melee.

-Kimosabae
Well, it's up to the old players to teach the new players the fundamentals of melee. Who knows? Some might actually see that melee is actually better than brawl. :) And Bleo is my Venezuelan brother! He's too good and he's adorable. (No homo) :laugh:

Leh

Smash Ace
poor afro, doesnt like camping, which is understandable. it can be frustrating

but if diddy kong could space snake with any move besides a banana, trust me, i'd be doing it. Nothing i do reaches him past the range of the ftilt/uptilt can. So i have no shame when i play a little campier than usual against a snake. Ill run in and do some combos every now and then, but approaching snake with anything but camping with bananas or peanuts first is death for the monkey. People who have logical hitboxes, like meta knight , marth and GW just to name a few, ill approach all day :laugh:

thats just me giving my own reason why i play campy sometimes. I cant speak for anyone else.

lol. yes flatsoda, thats some wild west staredown type stuff right there
Diddy Kong approaches with Bananas, he doesnt camp with them.

2 Different things

Leh

Smash Ace
Just got back from Nexus
Legs hurt from all the In the Groove + Pump it up.
PUZZLLLLLLE BOBBBBBBBLE

Blea Gelo

Smash Lord

As long as Brawl exists, attempting to indoctrinate new Melee players is a losing battle. Melee is the "old" game. While you'll run into a few exceptions (there are always exceptions), for the most part, young Smash players do not want to play Melee.

-Kimosabae

Is pretty strange u say thinkgs like this... Im not in USA right now and i havent been there since 4 or 5 monts or so.. But in Latin america, and europe, brawl is decreasing, and melee is getting new players.. So i dont know.. I have read in forums that in usa brawl is decreasing too, and there are sort of new melee players.. People are just getting boring of brawl, and the new smashers that dont lke brawl anymore, and see melee mental and technique game like it more, and are changing to melee.. Thers even people that didn't even played brawl, and are new at melee, some of em already say brawl is crap.. So u sure of that?

I just think flatsoda just wants another kiss from papa bleaa

Zoro

Smash Champion
ive been seing brand new melee players lately

like pengie!

I dont think melee will grow alot but it may grow a little

but yah i dont see smash as a traditional fighting game
so i dont see us doing dual tournaments any time soon

Master Raven

Smash Master
yo master raven let me get friendlies with you online i wanaa see ur potential....

then madd friendlies in person cuz i haaaate online anyway. i lose to everyone online anyway iono if i just suck online or its that iim not used to it.
lol that'd be cool, but most people just can't play online because of the input lag. I'm used to it so I can play well over it, but that's because I basically forced myself to play it 'cause I can't practice with people offline every day. One good thing I think comes out of Wifi playing though is that you have access to tons more players and you can learn certain matchups that you otherwise probably wouldn't gain in FL because either pretty much no-one plays that character down here or that there are VERY little X character players (Wario, Jigglypuff, Falco and Game and Watch are some good examples). Wifi sucks regardless but I can tolerate it for the most part, as long as I play east coast players.

If any of you guys play Wifi, go play Ally... not just for his Snake but for his AMAZING Captain Falcon holy ****

SynikaL

Smash Lord
Like I said, there are always exceptions, but Melee will only "grow" in the same way other older competitive games that are pillared by enthusiasts will "grow". Obviously, there will be new players to discover the wonders of Melee and come to realize that the game only isn't much technologically inferior than Brawl, but also manages to cater to their competitive tastes better than that game does.

Unfortunately, Brawl is the face of the Smash community because it's new, because it's popular and because it's Smash. The fact that the game has an easy learning curve helps cater to mainstream tastes, which in turn, helps keep casuals interested which keeps tournament numbers up. <----- This is what your average tournament organizer that exists beyond the enthusiast crowd is concerned with.

Melee will never see the numbers FCD, Pound 3 or OC3 did (etc.). I'd love to be proven wrong, however.

-Kimosabae

Life After Death

Smash Champion
lol that'd be cool, but most people just can't play online because of the input lag. I'm used to it so I can play well over it, but that's because I basically forced myself to play it 'cause I can't practice with people offline every day. One good thing I think comes out of Wifi playing though is that you have access to tons more players and you can learn certain matchups that you otherwise probably wouldn't gain in FL because either pretty much no-one plays that character down here or that there are VERY little X character players (Wario, Jigglypuff, Falco and Game and Watch are some good examples). Wifi sucks regardless but I can tolerate it for the most part, as long as I play east coast players.

If any of you guys play Wifi, go play Ally... not just for his Snake but for his AMAZING Captain Falcon holy ****
ugh i hate his snake his snake is madd sloppy. I like seeing advance looking sankes which theere are none lol cept afro and me the rest of the snake players are god dam basic and boring looking. afro>ally anyday anyway

BUSTA NUT

Smash Rookie
Just like you'd rather me go snake so you could have a easy time Chaingrabbing? rofl....

No people like you are fvcking ********, theres a difference between CAMPING and spacing your moves to be safe.

Thats the **** you idiots dont understand, camping as in always staying on the other side of the stage, while spacing does not mean your always approaching.

Like did you even watch your videos, you were LOSING the match, while staying on the other side of the stage jumping up and down like a idiot. Or hanging on the edge waiting for me to move in. That **** is impossible in other fighters, like its literally IMPOSSIBLE. This is not to say that you cant attack at a range thats safe, or make use of your projectiles, but you cant just jump around like a f@ggot for 7 minutes.

And dont give me that you werent trying bull****, if you werent trying, you wouldnt of switched characters 3 times trying to win.

Dont be offended, but theres a reason i only do friendlies with certain people (they know who they are). If its not fun, im not going to do it, thats why unless its for money, i probably wont do friendlies with you. BTW that goes for everyone not just HRnut, if you find me often rejecting to do friendlies with you, its because playing you isnt fun. Unless im going to get something out of it, i have no reason to sit down and be frustrated. The patience game is not a fun game.
hrnut on bustanuts account

wow afro you're getting really arrogant, the reason i stopped trying is because i got tired of you b!tching during the match talking **** next time i fight you i'll be sure to put some head phones on to block out your voice, and trust me if i was trying the matches wouldn't have been so easy and i wouldv'e stayed snake...anyways that match that i was jumping around like an idiot...Wait, didn't i win, obviously it works, guess you can't comprehend me jumping around camping like a f@ggot, and check the marth boards, apparently you can camp without a projectile, you were the one throwing **** at me, you should've just kept running into me since you didn't want me to camp, obviously running up to someone with a little range is a bad idea, so me running into snake would've been murder, stop complaining and just play the game, just because people are finding ways to beat you and other people they're having problems against doesn't give you the right to talk **** about their playstyle...and it might be fun to ftilt every ****** but i personally would like to avoid getting hit by it....anyways didn't you say you were quiting brawl like 8 times....why do you care...i'm getting tired of this ****, you need to focus on how to beat danny and stop *****ing at me...peace

Leh

Smash Ace
hrnut on bustanuts account

wow afro you're getting really arrogant, the reason i stopped trying is because i got tired of you b!tching during the match talking **** next time i fight you i'll be sure to put some head phones on to block out your voice, and trust me if i was trying the matches wouldn't have been so easy and i wouldv'e stayed snake...anyways that match that i was jumping around like an idiot...Wait, didn't i win, obviously it works, guess you can't comprehend me jumping around camping like a f@ggot, and check the marth boards, apparently you can camp without a projectile, you were the one throwing **** at me, you should've just kept running into me since you didn't want me to camp, obviously running up to someone with a little range is a bad idea, so me running into snake would've been murder, stop complaining and just play the game, just because people are finding ways to beat you and other people they're having problems against doesn't give you the right to talk **** about their playstyle...and it might be fun to ftilt every ****** but i personally would like to avoid getting hit by it....anyways didn't you say you were quiting brawl like 8 times....why do you care...i'm getting tired of this ****, you need to focus on how to beat danny and stop *****ing at me...peace
Im not talking about danny, im not sure why you say i need to focus on him, seeing as its not that big of a deal, but I only responded to YOU because you responded to ME.

If i wasnt the most impatient player (lets say i camped like you do), i would never approach your marth. The matches would go by 5 minutes at a time as you never approached and all i did is camp. I'd end up winning since marth cant possibly camp (or outcamp lol) snake, but i get tired of waiting for something to happen, so yeah you did win 1 of that best of 3 congratulations you still lost the set though.

Again with that you werent trying crap, alright i wasnt trying either. If i had been trying i woulda won by alot more. But you're right i am quittin brawl, as soon as Blaz Blue comes out so theres another fighter for me to put my time into. I have a huge dislike of the way some characters in brawl are played, and theres nothing wrong with me expressing that dislike. If you dont like it dont read it i guess?

But if your so sure you'll win against me, im sure we could MM for lets say...$20?
Please go all Snake lol.

BUSTA NUT

Smash Rookie
Im not talking about danny, im not sure why you say i need to focus on him, seeing as its not that big of a deal, but I only responded to YOU because you responded to ME.

If i wasnt the most impatient player (lets say i camped like you do), i would never approach your marth. The matches would go by 5 minutes at a time as you never approached and all i did is camp. I'd end up winning since marth cant possibly camp (or outcamp lol) snake, but i get tired of waiting for something to happen, so yeah you did win 1 of that best of 3 congratulations you still lost the set though.

Again with that you werent trying crap, alright i wasnt trying either. If i had been trying i woulda won by alot more. But you're right i am quittin brawl, as soon as Blaz Blue comes out so theres another fighter for me to put my time into. I have a huge dislike of the way some characters in brawl are played, and theres nothing wrong with me expressing that dislike. If you dont like it dont read it i guess?

But if your so sure you'll win against me, im sure we could MM for lets say...$20?
Please go all Snake lol.
i say focus on danny cuz i'm back on the verge of quiting...and yeah, my snake is getting bad now because i've been trying to quit playing him because it feels to easy to beat most characters, i want to actually have to try, i forgot for the longest why i picked him up and i just remembered at gigs, and that was to deal with metaknights no other reason so that's what i'll keep him for...keep your money, and your pride, i'm just gonna have fun from now on

that means that danny next time we fight you'll never have to see snake ;)

brawl is too fun to play competitively for now so i'm just gonna enjoy the game for what it is...a fun game, looks like i'll be getting serious about melee again XD

Leh

Smash Ace
i say focus on danny cuz i'm back on the verge of quiting...
thats cool so am i.
I dont enjoy the game anymore for the reasons i listed. I then compared the reasons i listed to other fighting games i've played and stated that its impossible in those fighters (which is why i like those fighters more, confrontation is forced, and camping is punished by the game mechanics). If your trying to turn others against me (or make me feel guilty) by saying that your quitting cuz of me (or people like me). I could say the same for your playstyle (or people that play like you).

In the end its w/e you do to win. Doesnt mean i have to like it though.

So 20 dollar MM?

Over the past few weeks (essentially since FAST), i havent been playing brawl much. Been putting my time into other things. I think im gonna get back into playing brawl friendlies much more. So far i've only played a few friendlies on wednesday and on tourneys day (doing 0 friendlies at gigabits, i think i did 2 double friendlies that day lol). So i guess imma bite the bullet and just start practicing all the time like i should. Essentially hrnut if you wanna get friendlies in we can (you can always refuse). That goes for anyone else to i guess ...

EDIT:
I've actually been playing melee alot more myself. So gud soooooo guuuuud

Top Bottom