• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Information Compendium & Social

Flayl

Smash Hero
Aside from seeing that the purple pikmin disappears, I still don't have any idea what happened.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
my guess is that sheik is broken, not Olimar. It looks like Sheik grabs the ledge on the very frame her invincibility frames from vanish would start. Since she's invincible during vanish and additionally invisible, it probably has all sorts of mechanics going on that are rarely exposed.

So sheik grabbed the ledge as invisisheik. Olimar's tether grab asks the ledge if Sheik is hanging on it, it says nah bro Sheik does not exist you can latch onto me. Then the very frame after or one or two frames later Olimar's tether has enough selfchecking to make sure the ledge is unoccupied before becoming more attached or snapping to the ledge. It's still registered as the ledge he wants to tether to though, that's why the pikmin curve.

So the tether hitbox stays and kills sheik once she loses her invincibility frames.

philbobjoe

Smash Journeyman
What are some characters that reward aggressive gameplay? (Other than MK he is kind of obvious)
I have more of an aggressive playstyle so I am looking into which char I would be most comfortable with (and succeed well with).

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
most characters can succeed being agressive. falco, diddy, wario, fox, etc. its just that the mechanics of brawl make character that do have good offensive games, even more productive when played more defensively.

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
I'm not sure if anyone else has experienced this problem but I can't access any of the threads in the OP. :/

:phone:

tekkie

Smash Master
when characters end up on the stage from tripping is it different than when they miss a tech frame-wise? also, where can i find frame information on both trips/missing a tech (if both situations are different)? i'm mostly looking for how long a character has between hitting the stage and the possibility of rolling/getting up/attacking. is it different for every character?

Yikarur

Smash Master
Trip Get-up Options differ from normal get-up options

important to know is that Trip Get-up Attack has almost no invincibility.

tekkie

Smash Master
Trip Get-up Options differ from normal get-up options

important to know is that Trip Get-up Attack has almost no invincibility.
but how long do you have to react in each case before (1) invincibility runs out, and (2) just to react whenever first possible?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Question: What are the frames where pressing a Jump command will force a jump release from a grab? I seem to remember it being something like "frames 19-36," but I figured I'd check.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Wario can feign an accidental Jump release by pressing at the right time if the opponent is trying to observe you. A lot of people don't know that you can't make yourself air release after a certain amount of time. That said, I can still mash ridiculously for the first fourth of a second or so.

Destiny Warrior

Smash Apprentice
For my below question, please assume all stages and characters are legal:-

Alongside Meta Knight and D3, are there any other characters I should learn to be able to have an advantage on any stage and against any character?

Destiny Warrior

Smash Apprentice
Another question, on the computer, what would be the best configuration for the C-Stick's Up, Down, Left and Right considering the following configuration for the other buttons(Gamecube controller is being emulated)? I was thinking of FCVB since I use my left hand for attacks, but it seems somewhat inconvenient to do a Fair or Fsmash since I need to slide my hand over a few keys and there's a larger chance of pressing the wrong key.

A: Z
B: X
Z: S
L: LSHIFT
Directions: Arrow keys

Sorto

Smash Journeyman
Just a 2 part quick question. Where can I find a database of recent (last 3 months) tournaments. And where can I find an accurate list of the top 50 players based on money earned or another good identifier of some sort?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Just a 2 part quick question. Where can I find a database of recent (last 3 months) tournaments. And where can I find an accurate list of the top 50 players based on money earned or another good identifier of some sort?

for tournaments in the last 3 months just go to the tournament results forum and as for money go to the metagame and ruleset discussion and go to the sticky "success and popularity of 502 bad gateway" and ask john about the players

where can I find DMG's planking data?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Before my laptop crapped out on me a couple months ago, I had a "Brawl Hitbox Repository" bookmarked. It was basically a list of all the characters, with all of their moves and the angles that they sent people (and, no, it's not the list that Toomai is doing now).

I've been searching SmashBoards since then, and I can't seem to find it. Does anyone have any idea what I'm talking about?

Also, can someone tell me the frame data for Charizard's glide attack?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
How does/do Rock Smash's rock/rock shards work? Some moves appear to outright beat/cancel the shards, while others don't. I'm not sure if it's related to damage (like ground priority would be) or if all attacks beat with it as long as they hit the attack hitbox before the opponent's hurtbox.

I'll try to test it tonight if no one has a quick answer for me, but all I have is trial-and-error testing.

Mike2

Smash Ace
How do you buffer a dash attack or dacus out of shield the opposite direction you are facing? The method I use to buffer it is control stick forward and cstick up. How do I get the character to turn around? If I try this in the opposite direction he just turns around and usmashes.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
You cant buffer a turn around run, you can only buffer a turn around. like you said, if you try to buffer a turn around run, you wont run and will only stay in place and turn around.

You have 2 ways to circumvent this. The hard way or the logical way.

1. In order to buffer a turn around run into a move you have to hit back, then down, then that direction and then whatever youre action is. In order to buffer a dacus in the reverse direction, you have to do (facing left)
Right - Down - Right - Up twice on the C stick.

Keep in mind, the buffer window in brawl is only 10 frames (1/6th of a second) so youre going to have to put in 5 rather specific inputs within 10 frames.

2. Alternatively, you can simply learn to time your moves, and instead of buffering a turnaround, just time your buttons to move your character on the very first frame he is free to do an action, and simply run in the opposite direction and do your desired attack. Note that in order to do this with the dacus, you have to do the actual normal dacus input (run, dash attack, cancel into up smash with your prefered action) as opposed to the streamlined bdacus input (buffer forward run and up twice on the C stick)

Yikarur

Smash Master
you buffer a turnarround dash if you hold the stick for at least 2 frame in the buffering window instead of only one (which creates a turnarround only).

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Hey does anybody know where that one thread is that has the info and ordering of all the characters weight and KB resistance and run speed and all that?

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
Lol freaking KID.

First off is there anyone who has any questions they would like answered vs MK in my vs series? Please PM me.

@yikarur: what's funny is that if the D3s actually applied that knowledge they could infinite Snake far more easily.

Ah well.

Destiny Warrior

Smash Apprentice
So, I'm a Toon Link main.

My secondaries are MK, D3, Falco, Wario, Wolf, Lucario, Pikachu and Olimar(long list I know).

I like to do stuff in tens, so who do I go for as my tenth character to round out my set?

Yikarur

Smash Master
you always have to release the stick horizontally (and down) when you buffer things. (walking/crouching/shielding overwrites buffering)

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
So does that mean that a buffered standing pivot grab can be buffered with these inputs ?

back (2 frames) > forward + grab

Flayl

Smash Hero
No because the second part of the input will override the first part if you don't input down on the control stick in between.

Top Bottom