• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Information Compendium & Social

GOKU2.0

Smash Rookie
cool

Thanks i will try that btw did u ever notice that sometimes hackers are in basic brawl like 4 ex giga bowser or fighting at the practice stage stuff like dat

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I have to go and can't look for this right now, so I'm gonna go ahead and ask for it instead, just in case a kind soul can get it for me by when I come back.

Where is the list of characters according to their fall speed? I wanna fix something in the Kirby forums, and I need this to make it happen. Thanks in advance!

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Thanks a lot KMK! Exactly what I was looking for! Funny enough, Ampharos' list of acceleration due to gravity wasn't what I was looking for, but the other guys's fall speed list was. Makes more sense, when I think about it.

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
KID watch the one of the last few Metagame minutes. It should be in there about dropping an item during hit stun. I forgot the input though. it should be AD then another input i believe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7tIIDzlab8 should be in there. thats most recent vid of it i think

EDIT: what the hell KID you were one of the most recent post on that vid. WTF is wrong with you?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
because its not the same thing.

you need to take your narrow behind back to the whoever told you that you know this game/are good, and tell them that they lied to you, you ank0ku losin azzzz *****.

im talking about how when you get hit while holding an item and randomly drop the item before you fly away.

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
First off KID watch the video. its talk about doing it during hitstun and even showcases vs dthrow, which SEEMS to be what you are referring to. If not then my bad. Secondly me losing to a decent sheik named TR who i thought was a random was definitely my fault. One set doesnt make someone instant bad or Id be calling you bad all day, so get that ish out of here with your weak *** Inui Logic. Gain an attention span and watch the damn thing.

EDIT: Yes Fuujin. KID is definitely mad. I wouldnt expect anything less from a child.

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
He's not talking about dropping items during hitstun. What we mean is when you get hit by a move sometimes you drop the item you're holding and sometimes you don't.

For example, if you're holding a banana and D3 b throws you and you don't input anything sometimes you'll drop it and sometimes you'll keep holding it.

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
Then my apologize The way is was worded I thought dropping item when getting hit meant dropping item during hitstun. I do believe theres a damage threshold for it. With some moves making you instant drop. Kinda curious as to why you would want to know that over, manually doing it out of hitstun.

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
Then my apologize The way is was worded I thought dropping item when getting hit meant dropping item during hitstun. I do believe theres a damage threshold for it. With some moves making you instant drop. Kinda curious as to why you would want to know that over, manually doing it out of hitstun.
At 0% D3's b throw can make you drop it.

I think it could be used practically if there's a way to drop it consistently. If you drop a banana when Sonic down throws you he slips on it. You could DI down and tech then punish with almost anything. I know you can punish Sonic's down throw anyway but this would open up more options.

There are probably several other applications too.

I Am K

Smash Rookie
I'm trying to pick a main, and I am have been using a slightly modded wiichuk configuration(c-button is grab) for a long time, and I am extremely comfortable with it. There seems to be a lot of moves(such as DAC) that are shown how to do with a gamecube controller. Which makes me ask, are there any characters that have moves that cannot be performed with the wiichuk? I don't mind if it involves a small button-mapping change.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I'm trying to pick a main, and I am have been using a slightly modded wiichuk configuration(c-button is grab) for a long time, and I am extremely comfortable with it. There seems to be a lot of moves(such as DAC) that are shown how to do with a gamecube controller. Which makes me ask, are there any characters that have moves that cannot be performed with the wiichuk? I don't mind if it involves a small button-mapping change.
If you can map specific Smashes to the D-Pad, I don't see what wouldn't be possible. I think those inputs work in exactly the same way as pressing the C-Stick in that direction on a GameCube controller.

I have a question, and a request that would take a lot of time and effort. :(

As far as I'm aware, using the seeable hitbubbles code makes the game freeze if you use any vine-related moves with Ivysaur; as a result, I don't know what those hitboxes look like. Why does it work this way?

Also, I'd like to see the hitboxes on Squirtle's Hydrograb and a shellshift to jab. Ideally, I'd like a PT hitbubbles video, but, it's whatever.

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
@deathfox you mean you what to know what scenarios auto drop right? As far as d3 bthrow making stuff auto drop its probably a 10% damage threshold. I still think manual dropping would be better as you would have complete control. The auto drop seems completely contingent on the opponent.

:phone:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Squirtle has a good forward roll?

I suppose the frame data is pretty good, but it doesn't get a lot of distance on it.

tarextherex

Smash Apprentice
I replaced taunt by shield and jump to make breaking out of grabs easier. However, I heard that replacing taunt by smash makes sdi easier. If I replace it by smash, will breaking out of grabs will be also easier, or for some reason it works best with shield and jump?

Arc_Revived

Smash Journeyman
Can anyone help me with Platform Snapping/Canceling? Jumping through the platform and autosnapping to said platform. I can do it using aerials, but if not timed right I get the aerial lag. The other method is flicking the control stick down, but I am unsure of the specifics. If there is a thread anywhere can I get a link? if not, advice would be much appreciated!

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
The timing varies from character to character. For 3+ jump characters you can only platform cancel with their first jump.

For Pit tap down when he's a little less than halfway through the SV platform or use WoI and hit down on the C-stick immediately after.

You can also platform cancel with mirror shield, it has the same timing as a normal platform cancel.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Oh, I have a question.

Does anyone know of any threads that specifically deal with item play, and also ledge traps and such? I'll be scouring the Diddy, Zamus, and Marth boards, but if they are some famous guides that'd be cool.

Cygnet

Smash Apprentice
This probably sounds disturbingly stupid, but how do you Platform Cancel into a dash? I always find myself just walking afterwards...

:phone:

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
You're probably holding forward and pressing down on the C-stick which is buffering a walk. Do one of the following:

- Hold diagonally forward/down and Uair or Bair before going through the platform to dash immediately, Fair makes you crouch for some reason, Dair makes you walk

- Dair then immediately dash

- Press down or let the control stick return to neutral from holding it down while going through the platform then immediately dash in either direction

timbowman1

Smash Rookie
My brother is pissing me off big time.. I've really been maining toon link forever and he's been maining snake. Whenever I'm up close he just sits there and dash roll spams me and its soooo freaking annoying... when im far range, he spams his friggen missle and it goes right through all my projectiles. I usually win but this last week he has been winning all the games and he's the sorest winner of them all. Help me out guys, should I stay toon link or find a really good Snake counter? If I play a really nice snake counter, then he's going to switch characters and then I can easily defeat them with toon link.

Le vieux lapin

Smash Ace
I'm no expert on the MU(Matchup), but it seems you're brother is a spammer.
If that is the case, he relies on one and only one strategy, and will not
know what to do when it falls down around his ears. Sit down for a minute, and
go through in your mind his exact strategy, put it on paper, and then go practice
on training mode different methods to get around it. Use your knowledge of
your charecter to figure out a way past his defences.

For example, don't try to push through his missles, just jump or roll past
them. And if his dash roll is immenent, stay in the air and spam your bombs.
Spammers are easy to figure out. Just keep your head on and stay cool.

timbowman1

Smash Rookie
Thanks Chris! A lot of our recent matches actually have been pretty much the same thing over and over. I'm looking forward to the next match we play. Thanks!

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Random question, does Brawl have a debug mode like Melee?

Can someone link me to some relevant threads if there is?

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
is there a thread for frame date for all the characters air/ground grab releases?
and frame data for the characters that initiate the grab?

Yikarur

Smash Master
is there a thread for frame date for all the characters air/ground grab releases?
and frame data for the characters that initiate the grab?
air release is 29 / 50 (releaser / released) |exception Releaser: Bowser (19), Released: Jiggs (49)
ground release is 29 / 30 | exception releaser: Bowser (19) and released: DK (20), Ness/Lucas (39)

not sure if the numbers on DK and Bowser are 100% right, I think there was a 10 frame difference but it could differ by about one frame. (they should be right though)

almost all grabs have 5 frames start up with their grabbox in frame 6-7 with few exceptions and the long ranged one but I don't thing there is a specific thread for it.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
air release is 29 / 50 (releaser / released) |exception Releaser: Bowser (19), Released: Jiggs (49)
ground release is 29 / 30 | exception releaser: Bowser (19) and released: DK (20), Ness/Lucas (39)
What about buffering ? I heard that the releaser could buffer but the released couldn't.
Does that mean the releaser gets a +2 frame advantage on a ground release ?

Yikarur

Smash Master
both can buffer freely.
and the releaser has a +1 frame advantage on ground release. (Squirtle and ZSS can jab)

Flayl

Smash Hero
When you hit with NAir the last time it looks like he uses an attack before UpB'ing but I can't be sure. Can you upload 0:12 to 0:19 in slow motion?

Top Bottom