• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ Beta Build (GSH1) Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

matt4300

Smash Ace
Your definition of "work" must be far different then mine. You see, getting my opponent into position for a combo, landing the starting move, predicting the DI so I can continue or react correctly, and finishing with the right move is work.

Here is my answer for any posts that quote me: I like Combos. I like performing them. I like seeing the reaction from people when they succeed. I really love Combos involving Jigg's rest. This Beta kills them. It's no longer fun for me. "Fun Speed Activate" no longer applies.
http://www.mediafire.com/?zhm1kyj3do5

Heres a gct with all the new changes, but NADT, FFDT and no custom stages codes are gone and the hitstun is back to 5.0

unless you go to tourneys this should be fine right? Its not hard to do this to each set when they give you the txt.

BTW maestro can you post the txt for the gct you just sent? I can't find what program to use to convert it... T_T

CloneHat

Smash Champion
If we didn't tell you there was less hitstun, I doubt you would've noticed.

There is barely any difference. Everyone else can combo into Jiggs rest, or Falcon's knee.

Mecakoto

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry it's no longer fun for you, majority rules as it's fun for everyone else.

You'd think combos no longer exist by the exaggerated extent you're talking. Stop whining.
you you don't like having to actually try. k, got it.
This is why I mostly lurk. I voice my opinion and I get flamed. This is why I hate this board. Full of "Stop Having Fun Guys."

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
This is why I mostly lurk. I voice my opinion and I get flamed. This is why I hate this board. Full of "Stop Having Fun Guys."
you do realize you left lurking to start flaming, right? it wasn't necessarily your opinion, it was how you stated it in an insulting and accusing manner that set people off.

CloneHat

Smash Champion
We're the ones "having fun," you're the only one who thinks there's not enough hitstun.

Check out Matt4300's link he posted if you REALLY can't handle it.

Mecakoto

Smash Journeyman
you do realize you left lurking to start flaming, right? it wasn't necessarily your opinion, it was how you stated it in an insulting and accusing manner that set people off.
That's my posting style. I'm sorry if it comes off as flaming, but there is nothing I can do. Believe me. You'd know if I was flaming.

Also, why flame back if you believe that a poster is flaming? Isn't that rule 1 of Message boards? Not to add to a fire and make it bigger?

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
1) you came in here complaining about how you can't do 0-death combos easily anymore and expect us to cater to your needs? seriously, whining is not a way to get people to side with you or, more specifically, to even listen to you.

2) i like confrontation. it gives me a sense of pride when it winds up blowing out of proportion (look at the original B+ nightly thread to get an idea).

Mecakoto

Smash Journeyman
1) you came in here complaining about how you can't do 0-death combos easily anymore and expect us to cater to your needs? seriously, whining is not a way to get people to side with you or, more specifically, to even listen to you.

2) i like confrontation. it gives me a sense of pride when it winds up blowing out of proportion (look at the original B+ nightly thread to get an idea).

1) Re-read my post. I never said that I was complaining about doing 0 -> Deaths. I even specifically said that I wasn't doing them.

2) So you're flame-baiting... I'm going to ask you to stop so coherent posts can be made.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i'm simply continuing a conversation. flamebating is what you did when you made your initial post.

I play Brawl+ for Combos. To be technical, combos that, if performed correctly, are guaranteed. You know... Those things that are almost non-existent in vBrawl. Those things that are the foundation of every good fighting game in existence. I knew with the reduced hit-stun combos would be harder to perform. The hit stun is far to low for me to do anything major. I had trouble with Falcon's Nair -> Nair. I shouldn't have trouble with something as simple as that, yet I do. I can only hope it's because of the changes it got. I can manage to combo into the Knee from a Nair/Uair if the opponent is at lowish-high damage, but the should have been dead by then. Jiggs also weeps.

I know that the makes were aiming at making the game deeper by making prediction and reading your opponent bigger parts of the game, but killing most of the old combos isn't worth it. The day that Falcon's Dthrow -> isn't guaranteed is the day Smash dies for me.

The only things liked was various nerfs and buffs. All of Meta's Changes, all of Sheiks changes, Link's Up-B nerf, and Snake's changes are a few examples, but there are more. But that isn't even close to being enough to justify playing it since it isn't fun.

and re-reading your post only helps to emphasize that you really don't have a strong grasp of brawl+ in general if your complaining about not being able to do 'easy' combos. everybody else can still combo and play the game just as efficiently with the .02 lower hitstun. thus far you seem to be the only one who has noticed any problems. maybe you should actually play the game some before coming in here with complaints clearly based on little to no real gameplay.

now, isn't talking fun?

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Sage, when I said the word "nightly" couldn't be found on that page, I meant that when you used Ctrl+F for nightly, nothing came up. I didn't know the name of the updater was "nightly" quite frankly because the Wii doesn't read download links or filenames on its browser. My bad though.

The general idea, if I understood correctly, was to lower hitstun but to increase ugrav. Characters jump faster, and therefore the combo system would be relatively unchanged. Unless moves in general had too much knockback at low percent or were just bad and didn't follow up into things, I could see where your issue was coming from.

Perhaps character ground movement speeds could be faster. Things is, they already have been, and I don't think anyone needs a further speed increase. I was able to juggle my friend as ZELDA(though he's not very good). Combos are still in this game and they're actually more prevalent than they were before. Don't quit playing yet.

Dan_X

Smash Lord
i'm simply continuing a conversation. flamebating is what you did when you made your initial post.

and re-reading your post only helps to emphasize that you really don't have a strong grasp of brawl+ in general if your complaining about not being able to do 'easy' combos. everybody else can still combo and play the game just as efficiently with the .02 lower hitstun. thus far you seem to be the only one who has noticed any problems. maybe you should actually play the game some before coming in here with complaints clearly based on little to no real gameplay.

now, isn't talking fun?
agree.

10lawls

Scufo

Smash Apprentice
If you seriously think the game is worse off without dthrow > guaranteed knee you don't have a very solid grasp on the goals of Brawl+.

Bandit

Smash Lord
Skyworld+ is a great stage. I actually liked the hit lag when you hit the bottom platform since it can be used in your favor. The ledges are a little difficult to hit (Zelda's UpB) but there are far worse (including FD). I'm pretty happy with the stage; it's a great addition.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
I LOVE Skyworld+.

The left ledge is amazing. Atm it doesn't feel like it favors the person on the stage or off. It's just great.

The platforms are nicely set up as well. The bottom floating platform that slides by is just great, it doesn't save you every time but it can save you at a crucial moment.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
however

skyworld+ is a crude reminder

of how amazing autosweetspot during hitlag is

man being a spacie is GREAT ****

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i agree skyworld+ is very fun. the layout and floating platform make it very neutral. the bottom platform still being hittable is a bit disorienting, but it adds an interesting twist to the stage from other neutrals, though it may need testing to see if it should be moved to CP.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Or you could keep the hitlag, but is there a way to lower the hitlag of that platform only? That way you could keep the interesting twist of the hitlag, but also make it less disorienting. O_o

matt4300

Smash Ace
matt, just open it up in any hex editor and search for the first 4 bytes of whatever codes youre looking for by referencing the b+ery txt
Thx man I got it.

WTF theses subspace stages rock... If these aren't tournament legal it would be a travesty.

EDIT: Ok what do I change the X value to to make the cpus go bat **** crazy. There were threads about it months and months ago.

Default CPU Level Modifier[Igglyboo]
C2693A70 00000002
3880000X 909E01D4
60000000 00000000

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
MK26, the spot where temple is still has SSE junglefield's icon and stuff. The stage is temple though.

Just thought that I'd point that out..

also, can you please make icons for each of the new SSE stages?

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
iirc you could go up to level 15 (0xF) but it didnt do anything except induce a placebo effect

so try F

EDIT: Sage, thats the fault of one of teh common files...i think common3, get rid of that and itll go back to normal afaik

but more important, how does it look? any stages that look out of place and need switching? etc...

and i dont know anything about the icons

matt4300

Smash Ace
iirc you could go up to level 15 (0xF) but it didnt do anything except induce a placebo effect

so try F

EDIT: Sage, thats the fault of one of teh common files...i think common3, get rid of that and itll go back to normal afaik

but more important, how does it look? any stages that look out of place and need switching? etc...

and i dont know anything about the icons
Some things about it...

Icons are all BF/FD/SV in that order....

The music for all of them is Default BF (which sucks so bad >_> hope there will be a fix)

(and thx for the cpu info.)

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
I'm having a freeze with the top-most battlefield on the melee page, which I believe is tabuu's battlefield.

It always freezes for me...

EDIT: WTF all of the stages are freezing for me now...

And I really hope someone can make icons for them. Seeing 3 battlefields is driving my OCD crazy..

MyLifeIsAnRPG

Smash Apprentice
So I have a question. What was the motivation behind changing squirtles fair. Its really unweildy now. I get that it is slower and stronger but it slightly changes his momentum and is just ... kind of wonky. Squirtle was always kind of an aerial control character sorta like Jiggs but with fewer jumps. A slower Fair seems to drastically change his character. Sure he still has his bair, but I find myself only using that and rarely going for a fair which at this point just seems easy to interrupt.

I'd like to know if anyone else had had success with Squirtles new fair?

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
...EDIT: Sage, thats the fault of one of teh common files...i think common3, get rid of that and itll go back to normal afaik...
It's actually common5 that changes the Temple icon. Getting rid of that will also get rid of the "Buffer" texture replacement for "Handicap", though.

MyLifeIsAnRPG

Smash Apprentice
Also, I would like to say that this custom and SSE stage stuff is really cool. I hope all of em will be added to a Brawl+ nightly build at some point. They defintley deserve to Be.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
It's actually common5 that changes the Temple icon. Getting rid of that will also get rid of the "Buffer" texture replacement for "Handicap", though.
No real loss there considering it doesn't even work or show up XD

Elefterios

Smash Journeyman
Why was Yoshi's shield drop animation readded? I thought someone just forgot a line of code, so i mentioned it here asking for it back to the 5.0 build.

Seriously, Yoshi's shield was really crap it vanilla brawl and it's even crappier in brawl + now. If shielded, yoshi's only option is to roll or dodge to get out of his shell. He doesn't need more lag when shield dropping, he needs less!

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
:mad:

http://www.mediafire.com/?muqmnmkozmt

:mad:

JCz, I expect to get feedback from you personally.
:chuckle: Will do.

I should get a chance to try it out tonight.

I had trouble with Falcon's Nair -> Nair. I shouldn't have trouble with something as simple as that, yet I do.

The day that Falcon's Dthrow -> isn't guaranteed is the day Smash dies for me.
Those are character specific changes. The fact that you can't do them anymore has nothing to do with the reduced hitstun, so stop railing against it.

Most combos still exist, they just have slightly tighter timing. You can't eat a sandwich after Falcon's dash attack and still expect to get a free knee, but it's still guaranteed if you do it right (though they have a chance to DI a bit farther out now).

So I have a question. What was the motivation behind changing squirtles fair. Its really unweildy now. I get that it is slower and stronger but it slightly changes his momentum and is just ... kind of wonky. Squirtle was always kind of an aerial control character sorta like Jiggs but with fewer jumps. A slower Fair seems to drastically change his character. Sure he still has his bair, but I find myself only using that and rarely going for a fair which at this point just seems easy to interrupt.

I'd like to know if anyone else had had success with Squirtles new fair?
It feels really weird at first, I know, but it helps to make Squirtle less 1-dimensional. Before now, most of Squirtle's aerials fulfilled basically the same role, but now fair is a finisher instead of a spammable WoP move like bair. You can just RAR bairs in most of the situations where you would have formerly used fair anyway.

Blues98

Smash Cadet
Dunno if anyone else noticed but...
Say you have a replay from vBrawl (or any past Brawl+ builds)
Watch it while in beta and the players in those replays desynch. (Sorry if this issue was brought up already)

Edit: Forgot to mention that I like that SSE Stage for Temple & Skyworld+ :D

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
Dunno if anyone else noticed but...
Say you have a replay from vBrawl (or any past Brawl+ builds)
Watch it while in beta and the players in those replays desynch. (Sorry if this issue was brought up already)
So old and so very not fixable.

The workaround is the use the exact codeset you used when you originally saved the replay, or just capture them to video so you can forget about loading old sets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom