• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ Beta Build (GSH1) Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
edit...

there are like 4 battlefield icons (presumably 3 of them are SSE stages?)

and like 4 FD icons....

and a place called "Menu?"

Oh wait, that's apparently the onling training room?

Did miss some files or something?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
zeppelin...yes it is lol. you just did something wrong yourself. get the latest updater, the one that says

"Nightly"

And also, MK26, how would we go about adding custom music to each of these new stages?

And aren't you guys planning on getting names and icons for them?

EDIT: ALSO, yay, replacing temple is no longer necessary! no longer is it necessary to replace rumble falls, either!

StarcraftLedZeppelin

Smash Cadet
zeppelin...yes it is lol. you just did something wrong yourself. get the latest updater, the one that says

"Nightly"

And also, MK26, how would we go about adding custom music to each of these new stages?

And aren't you guys planning on getting names and icons for them?
Mind just showing me the link, I've been trying to get this done for the past hour or more.:psycho:

Alphatron

Smash Champion
No no. The link to the updatifier is down, but the auto updater is fine. Go to the downloads tab on the Brawlplus site and scroll down to where it says NTSC-U Beta. Download the autoupdater there.

The page doesn't have the word "nightly" on it at all. I think Sage needs to get some rest.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Um..the updater is CALLED "nightly.exe"

smart one

also, MK26, one custom stage has Smashville's icon, but plays Battlefield music.

It's the stage where you fight ridley, I believe.

matt4300

Smash Ace
Ok, this build is easily the best yet... But seeing as how I don't have anyone to play in person right now, and the cpus have become complete **** due to NADT I can't even play the game.... soooo is there no way to fix Cpus? As much as we all like to tell each other not to fight cpus. Some have no choice.

D

Deleted member

Don't know if this has already been reported, but Wolf's Reflector doesn't reflect projectiles and is hit by them while in the SA frames.

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
Don't know if this has already been reported, but Wolf's Reflector doesn't reflect projectiles and is hit by them while in the SA frames.
Though Wolf can still reflect projectiles after the SA frames of his shine, projectiles do hit him during the SA frames.

I don't think it's been brought up before. I know I didn't think about it until just now.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
EDIT: has anybody tested this yet?
If you compiled the gct and zipped up all the necessary files with readme instructions in one convenient download, I'm sure lots of people would be happy to test it.

The Cape

Smash Master
Doesnt the move not reflect until the hitbox comes out by default? (when it was still invincibility).

Will look into it though, if thats how the move originally was then it wont change, but if thats an error my part I will try to fix it.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
Body collision: Intangible to Reflect means the projectile will go further inside Wolf's body for the Intangible frames, but it'll still be reflected once that frame comes.

With SA instead of Intangible in that same scenario, Wolf just eats the projectile, it seems.

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
If worse comes to worse, I suppose it could be a semi-decent callback to Melee where the reflection properties didn't come out on frame 1? ._.

Not to mention Wolf doesn't suffer the KB of the attack as well.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Ok, this build is easily the best yet... But seeing as how I don't have anyone to play in person right now, and the cpus have become complete **** due to NADT I can't even play the game.... soooo is there no way to fix Cpus? As much as we all like to tell each other not to fight cpus. Some have no choice.
I'm confused by this post. What's wrong with the CPU's? I've been fighting them all day and there haven't been any issues with the game or anything. O_o'

matt4300

Smash Ace
I'm confused by this post. What's wrong with the CPU's? I've been fighting them all day and there haven't been any issues with the game or anything. O_o'
They wont air dodge after being hit anymore. Wich means 4 stock zero deaths in one attack with LINK... It also makes their teching even less consistent because though they tech as much as they used to, when they are hit they don't air dodge anymore and they just plop to the ground to get *****.

They blow ballz. Worse than usual.

Also if someone gets that custom stage slots thing working with all the released Sub space stages please post it... I don't quite know where to get the stages...

Mecakoto

Smash Journeyman
Well, I can say this about the Beta: if this is what B+ Gold official will be like, my time playing Brawl+ will, regrettably, be over. It doesn't fit the "Fun Speed Activate!" motto I've come to know. At least not for me.

matt4300

Smash Ace
My CPUs are BETTER than before.

Maybe it's just cause my Wii was at BtL2...

Also: I can't use custom stages.
I dont mean custom stages like stage builder... (btw just delete the No custom stages code from your gct txt... I did)

I mean that thing Maestro posted.

Well, I can say this about the Beta: if this is what B+ Gold official will be like, my time playing Brawl+ will, regrettably, be over. It doesn't fit the "Fun Speed Activate!" motto I've come to know. At least not for me.
>_>' why?

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Like it's been said dozens of times in this thread, No Custom Stages was added in because of the No Homebrew method plus several codes froze without it <_>

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
Hey, in the fighters zip file, why is there a .pac file for hyrule temple? And a common3 and common5 pac file? What do these change? I checked the changelists but found no mention of them.

Mecakoto

Smash Journeyman
>_>' why?
I play Brawl+ for Combos. To be technical, combos that, if performed correctly, are guaranteed. You know... Those things that are almost non-existent in vBrawl. Those things that are the foundation of every good fighting game in existence. I knew with the reduced hit-stun combos would be harder to perform. The hit stun is far to low for me to do anything major. I had trouble with Falcon's Nair -> Nair. I shouldn't have trouble with something as simple as that, yet I do. I can only hope it's because of the changes it got. I can manage to combo into the Knee from a Nair/Uair if the opponent is at lowish-high damage, but the should have been dead by then. Jiggs also weeps.

I know that the makes were aiming at making the game deeper by making prediction and reading your opponent bigger parts of the game, but killing most of the old combos isn't worth it. The day that Falcon's Dthrow -> isn't guaranteed is the day Smash dies for me.

The only things liked was various nerfs and buffs. All of Meta's Changes, all of Sheiks changes, Link's Up-B nerf, and Snake's changes are a few examples, but there are more. But that isn't even close to being enough to justify playing it since it isn't fun.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
I play Brawl+ for Combos. To be technical, combos that, if performed correctly, are guaranteed. You know... Those things that are almost non-existent in vBrawl. Those things that are the foundation of every good fighting game in existence. I knew with the reduced hit-stun combos would be harder to perform. The hit stun is far to low for me to do anything major. I had trouble with Falcon's Nair -> Nair. I shouldn't have trouble with something as simple as that, yet I do. I can only hope it's because of the changes it got. I can manage to combo into the Knee from a Nair/Uair if the opponent is at lowish-high damage, but the should have been dead by then. Jiggs also weeps.

I know that the makes were aiming at making the game deeper by making prediction and reading your opponent bigger parts of the game, but killing most of the old combos isn't worth it. The day that Falcon's Dthrow -> isn't guaranteed is the day Smash dies for me.

The only things liked was various nerfs and buffs. All of Meta's Changes, all of Sheiks changes, Link's Up-B nerf, and Snake's changes are a few examples, but there are more. But that isn't even close to being enough to justify playing it since it isn't fun.
so.... you're upset because you have to work for your combos? is that what you're saying?

5ive

Smash Champion
Neko is lol. He didn't show up for his own tournament, so I made brackets. Here's the results for CVO 0.000005ive

1: Ryoko
2: Tapion
3: 5ive
3: g-reg
5: Monkeyx4
5: hgcoolman
5: BioSonic
9: MGSJ
9: DarkDragoon
9: Potu
9: DBK
9: [TSON]
9: Guy
15: Backpaw
15: MXXD

lol fail

Dan_X

Smash Lord

Do you even know what you're talking about?

All of the 'staple' combos are still very prominent. They have NOT been changed. What has been changed is that from these staple combos there's a heightened chance at continuing a string as it takes more effort to avoid said string with NADT.

If you're having trouble with combos you need only to play more and improve.

Besides, the hitstun value wasn't decreased by that much... it's still a ton higher than Melee... and in my opinion that's PERFECTLY fine. If you want ridiculously high hitstun feel free to play Smash 64 or make a Smash 64-esque mod for Brawl.

A lower hitstun only means that you have to be more spot on to execute your combos. They are still very much there though. Don't mess up...

matt4300

Smash Ace

Also what program converts gct to txt?

Well.... Falcons Nair has more Base so it just doesnt combo aswell because it was well... kinda gay, and most dthrows that had guaranteed followups have been nerfed because it was dumb and EZ mode.

Mecakoto

Smash Journeyman
so.... you're upset because you have to work for your combos? is that what you're saying?
Your definition of "work" must be far different then mine. You see, getting my opponent into position for a combo, landing the starting move, predicting the DI so I can continue or react correctly, and finishing with the right move is work.

Here is my answer for any posts that quote me: I like Combos. I like performing them. I like seeing the reaction from people when they succeed. I really love Combos involving Jigg's rest. This Beta kills them. It's no longer fun for me. "Fun Speed Activate" no longer applies.

Dan_X

Smash Lord
It's no longer fun for me. "Fun Speed Activate" no longer applies.
I'm sorry it's no longer fun for you, majority rules as it's fun for everyone else.

You'd think combos no longer exist by the exaggerated extent you're talking. Stop whining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom