• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl- 2.1.1 Legacy thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dnyce

Smash Master
The idea of it being so short is so that you can switch back and forth between olimar and solimar really quickly. Even the death whistle is only 10 frames long. We should probably add back the "pluck more than 6" bit.
Well, pikmin pluck being fast just makes from nolimar to olimar quicker... but in terms of playing the game, at what point are you going to want to switch from nolimar to olimar so quickly?

Also... is it an engine thing... or did you guys change dashes and stuff? It says olimar hasn't changed a whole lot, but my regular fox trot or true pivot shenanigans feel sluggish etc

NNID
Budget_Player
The only real engine change there would be dash cancel... Or did we change dashdancing too? I dunno. Check the codeset out. It'll be pretty self-explanatory if there's anything in there... We didn't screw with his attributes AFAIK.

NNID
Budget_Player
Remember, you have to take the most broken incarnation of each character and essentially never balance down. This includes not nerfing luigi's nair (which was, in 1.0, enough to literally beat everything in the game), not nerfing luigi's fair (which basically screamed "0-death" the moment he hit you with anything close to the ledge), not nerfing ness's fair (which was stupid as **** in 1.5)...

I hold that the BPC challenge is impossible to fulfill well. The reason we nerf things is only because balancing up to them either leaves the game obscenely broken, or doesn't solve the problem in the first place (one trick ponies, etc.).

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Oh, I'm well aware.

But I'm still fairly confident I can do it with only a couple of small changes. Nerfs CAN be subjective. After all, to some, Ganon's DAir not killing as early as it does in vBrawl is a nerf, but to other, like myself, it is a very major buff.

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
I'm gonna try and play as Solimar some more. I find him really hard to use though because of having the most abysmal range EVER >.<

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Man, those Green names are so cool. Jaaake, I want to stream B- with you guys one day. Then you can see the best DK- in the Midwest in action. :)

:phone:

Xyless

Smash Master
Any news on the PAL release? European players need some love :(
I'll see what I can do.

If anyone wants to help test the eventual PAL stuff, PM, AIM (Xyless272), or Skype (XylessBrawl) me. One of our main issues is we don't really have anyone running PAL, so it's kinda hard to test.

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
I just thought of a decent idea. For Mario, how bout making his D Air the proper Mario Tornado. What I mean by that is he should be:

1) Able to ascend by rapidly tapping A when you use it in mid air. This ascension can only be done once though.
2) The landing lag of the Mario Tornado could actually be a "grounded continuation" of the move. Rather than suffering from landing lag, he could do a "Pass frame" to the Mario Tornado on the ground.

I think that would be quite cool.

JOE!

Smash Hero
he was so *****in in 1.6 with the super-Fair

also, i have very few people to play this around boston, anyone in that area? :p

Xyless

Smash Master
I heard Yoshi is low tier :D
Yoshi could definitely use more changes. I gave him more tricks to compensate for the loss of his ridiculous fair and flower on both fair and egg roll, but he has more room for growth. I also buffed his dsmash a bit since it was mega weak (weaker than vBrawl for some reason), so that's a start.

He's definitely one of the lower characters, at least. I still like him a ton, but I'd put him in the same area as Olimar, in which they still need more to make them fit in better. I had ICs in there, but I honestly think they're far better than people give them credit. If only we could tweak Nana better, she's got some issues I'd love to iron out.

Random Survey: If there were one thing you'd change about each (or any) character, what would it be? You can include an attack in general, a specific thing about said attack, an attribute about the character (for example, Luigi's air turning speed), or maybe even how the character plays.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Random Survey: If there were one thing you'd change about each (or any) character, what would it be? You can include an attack in general, a specific thing about said attack, an attribute about the character (for example, Luigi's air turning speed), or maybe even how the character plays.
Mortal Draw
MORTAL DRAW

Technicalities: On the taunt where Link spins his sword and puts it away, put a hitbox killing Mario (middle of FD) at 30% when he takes his sword back out.

-

Simian Slam

Technicalities: Make Donkey Kong's Aerial Down B a ground pound using his side.

-

Hi-Jump Cancel

Technicalities: Put the autocancel for D3's UpB back on like it used to be. Instead of the superlong flop, he just ends up standing.

-

Tennis Reflecquet

Technicalities: Put a defensive collision on Peach's LwSSmash that reflects projectiles.

-

And a final suggestion:

Put the right sticker type on for new hitboxes. (Gdorf fSmash "flame" would be Energy, Lucas' zAir would be Whip, etc etc)

NNID
Budget_Player
Nerf Luigi's upB ****less, or at least give it some ****ing landing lag FFS. So impossible to punish.

Give Lucas some worthwhile combo moves; maybe make Zair have an angle that doesn't suck ***.

Give Sheik her 2.0 dash attack back. Because **** I miss that slide. In fact, the current sheik is overall really glitchy.

Raise MK's weight by a fair bit, maybe give his fair/bair a little priority against projectiles?

Raise G&W's weight significantly (not CF or Yoshi, but definitely closer to Mario than Jigglypuff >.>)

Give Mario a better nair (angle, power, etc. closer to luigi's)/uair

Nerf Ganon's upB ever so slightly

Rebuff Solimar's aerial upB so it will kill at some point before 150% >.>

Yikarur

Smash Master
Yeah Yoshi is soo low tier, you should buff him.
his dsmash is too weak and..
goddammit I can't even give trolladvices
Yoshi is perfect, Yoshi is definitely at least high tier lol

Ghostbone

Smash Master
Wolf is so broken in this >.>

Everything auto-combos into everything into up-air into death.

Plus his recovery and mobility are broken with side-b >.>

/I guess that's the point of Brawl- but he's bloody annoying to fight against when played gay.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Let ROB angle the laser that shoots out with the F-smash.

Xyless

Smash Master
Hi-Jump Cancel

Technicalities: Put the autocancel for D3's UpB back on like it used to be. Instead of the superlong flop, he just ends up standing.
We took it out for now because there were glitches that let him stay up in the air for a super long time when he did it.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
The laser shoots straight regardless of fsmash angle.

NNID
Budget_Player
Seriously though, we should nerf Luigi. Even if he isn't the best in the game, he's just so ****ing easy that it trivializes gameplay to an extent. Even a bad luigi can win against all but the best opponents by spamming jab->upB and simple autocombos. He has almost no lag, Nair is completely safe on anything, and whiffing with upB is basically unpunishable. He may have bad matchups, but only at an absolutely ridiculous level of play; at anything below "pro" he's simply ********.

MysteryRevengerson

IT'S A MYSTERY TO ALL
It's a good thing my main Zelda has the advantage in the matchup.

BJ

I would like to say real quick characters I think are high tier are Zelda, Luigi, Jiggs, and Pit, aaaaaand Dedede.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Nerf Samus's homing missiles a little.

If one connects, at least 3 or 4 more are guaranteed ending with a screw attack.
Remove needing a charge from USmash to Up-B, it's ****ing useless as it is now.
Make DSmash -> MorphBall Bomb actually useful

Either remove Ivysaur's critical hits or at least make them not hit multiple times. I had seen them hit 2 or even 3 times, but against my friend's Luigi the other day it hit 4 times on shield and broke said shield. Like seriously, WTF, what were you guys thinking?

Heavy Armour on Charizard's glide?

Remove DK's ability to crash the game? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom