• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl- 2.1.1 Legacy thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
I think that, for most of the characters, you have to discover all the changes yourself.
Some are small, some are large, some are hidden, some are obvious.

In early development, there was a bad habit of not keeping changelists. Around the beta release, it was a strict rule that if the proposed modification didn't have a changelist accompanying it, it gets automatically rejected.

So that's why there isn't a comprehensive changelist of vBrawl -> Brawl-
Doing comparisons takes a few hours per character. I did Mario once but it sucked the life out of me.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Is there anything going on in the B-BR right now? Mostly asking because the thread is so dead. Is there active development right now?

otter

Smash Ace
I think that, for most of the characters, you have to discover all the changes yourself.
Some are small, some are large, some are hidden, some are obvious.

In early development, there was a bad habit of not keeping changelists. Around the beta release, it was a strict rule that if the proposed modification didn't have a changelist accompanying it, it gets automatically rejected.

So that's why there isn't a comprehensive changelist of vBrawl -> Brawl-
Doing comparisons takes a few hours per character. I did Mario once but it sucked the life out of me.
okay, thanks. I guess discoveries are part of the fun. Now I just have to figure out how to get the damn game.

PurDi

Smash Journeyman
I'm looking for a february '10 or something. I have the march '10 edition which is 1.0 but i want the pre beta version...

EDIT: It's actually a January '10 edition, which was distributed to the public, so don't worry too much :p

the link WAS here but its been taken off by the host...

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I feel like making a general tier list for this build.

jerkster

Smash Rookie
hi guys I don't know if I should post this here, but I noticed soome people are reporting errors and bugs, so I thought I might as well.
The fact is, I've got an hacked PAL wii, and i play with a backup copy of brawl. I used to play brawl minus applying the codeset with uloader, and things worked well. But with the 2.1.1 version, when I start brawl, it just freezes at the strap screen. I tried to fix it, twitching a couple of things, but nothing worked.
Has anybody encountered this error too? does anyone know how to fix it?

DVDV28

Smash Apprentice
If yo'ure American, go for 2.1.1 (PAL is only for Australians/Europeans)

Smash Rookie
hi guys I don't know if I should post this here, but I noticed soome people are reporting errors and bugs, so I thought I might as well.
The fact is, I've got an hacked PAL wii, and i play with a backup copy of brawl. I used to play brawl minus applying the codeset with uloader, and things worked well. But with the 2.1.1 version, when I start brawl, it just freezes at the strap screen. I tried to fix it, twitching a couple of things, but nothing worked.
Has anybody encountered this error too? does anyone know how to fix it?
Delete the "system" and "module" folders, the files in them are not compatible with PAL.
Also, use a real disc.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
So I think we should change ROB's upthrow back to its vBrawl version. Back in the day of ROB having no kill moves, it was my go to oh-no-this-guy-won't-die move, but now all it does is maybe link into something if i predict right and usually just confuse me.

CATER TO GLYPH PLEASE

Xyless

Smash Master
Also if you're having problems killing with ROB, I'd suggest using his held Neutral B more. Or Bair. ROB's got huge kill potential, just not with throws (other than dthrow to nair).

Anyways, I'd just like to let you guys know that I've officially made my next checkbook amazing.

<3

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
No no nonono killing with ROB is easy street, I cleaned up with him at SiiS. Its just nice to have that option of a guaranteed kill when you've got that stock that just won't end.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Also if you're having problems killing with ROB, I'd suggest using his held Neutral B more. Or Bair. ROB's got huge kill potential, just not with throws (other than dthrow to nair).

Anyways, I'd just like to let you guys know that I've officially made my next checkbook amazing.

<3
That is amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom