• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl- 2.1.1 Legacy thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishaman P

Smash Apprentice
Do you have a custom character select screen? That sounds like the issues I had when I had a CSS with SoPo, SoNa, Giga Bowser, and Warioman. I removed it and never had the issue again.

Otherwise I blame DK.
Yes, I do have one, but it has NEVER caused problems before, even with previous versions of Brawl Minus.
I even tried getting a custom CSS that didn't have changed icon positions (just textures), and it still has the same results.
And if it WAS the CSS, wouldn't it freeze all the time?

EDIT: Do you guys want my GCT, codelist, or directory structure/files on my SD Card?

EDIT2: And I never had custom characters like WarioMan or the alloys on my CSS, just changed sizes and positions.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Yes because Gandoken will beat HAIYAIYAIYAIYAH of course. It's only a reflector...

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
:O

Wut.

Are you serious

My god

This is an awesome development.

This is why there should be changelogs
even though it was probably mentioned when you released :/

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I do play the game.

Just nobody near me plays Pit. I used to, but when I did it reflected. Just sort of assumed it still did.

And most players in my region look at Minus as a joke.

Lightosia

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Light0sia
We had a Minus tourney in Belém do Pará. Probably no vids, but the top 3 was:

1°- Jair ~ Donkey Kong e Captain Falcon
2°- King! ~ Fox e Sheik
3°- Rocco ~ R.O.B

Dnyce

Smash Master
I think Composer talked to you guys about the retardedness I brought w/ oli already, lol. Anyway, I think if you add RCO lag and like 3-5 frames of start-up on his side-special... it wouldn't nearly be as much of a problem as it is. I think I only lost stocks from SD'ing (by accidentally pulling a Pikmin during side-special and not noticing in time) or while figuring out how to beat a gimmick by using side-special differently, which usually only took 1-2 stocks and then I went back to only losing stocks by SD'ing :glare: lol.

Also, having Pikmin-pluck be at vbrawl speed and putting the ability to pluck more than 6 back in would be awesome.

Xyless

Smash Master
I think Composer talked to you guys about the retardedness I brought w/ oli already, lol. Anyway, I think if you add RCO lag and like 3-5 frames of start-up on his side-special... it wouldn't nearly be as much of a problem as it is. I think I only lost stocks from SD'ing (by accidentally pulling a Pikmin during side-special and not noticing in time) or while figuring out how to beat a gimmick by using side-special differently, which usually only took 1-2 stocks and then I went back to only losing stocks by SD'ing :glare: lol.

Also, having Pikmin-pluck be at vbrawl speed and putting the ability to pluck more than 6 back in would be awesome.
Yeah, we heard about Oli, and part of it is a few tweaks that were added unbeknownst to some of us (primarily the aerial canceling).

We'll definitely be doing more work with Solimar for our next release. We wanted his side B to be useful, but definitely didn't plan for it to be as abusive as it is now.

*EDIT* Oh right, I'm going to try to set up a Wiki today so we can finally get stuff more clearly noted. I just have to find a way to make it so we have a section that is "password protected" (or only certain people can have access) so the backroom itself can give each other notes.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Yeah, Nolimar is pretty broken.

Also Marth is supremely easy-mode.

He says screw you to all your actual practice with your character, I'ma just throw out moves until you die.

Xyless

Smash Master
Marth is so hard to not make super easy, given his huge reach, attack speed, and expectations of tippers doing massive damage/knockback.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I know. The angled FSmash mechanic seems a bit much though... It's like it's already really super easy to land a tipper FSmash, then you made it even easier. Did Marth really need buffs? The only reason I don't think he's being used that much is simply because he's not different enough.

Also did you guys figure out why DK causes crashes yet? I really want to main him.

Xyless

Smash Master
I WISH we could figure it out. I have yet to have a freeze with him, and the fact that we don't have a legitimate debug mode means when there's a freeze, we can't see what precisely caused it.

If someone could find a way to consistently make it happen and let me know, it'd really help out, because I have no way of testing and knowing for sure if the issue is fixed or not.

And the angled fsmash with Marth is related to Melee Marth's wavedash to fsmash stuff, I think. Though maybe I could possibly tweak it so the angled fsmashes [tippers] aren't quite as strong as the unangled. Marth needs a lot of minor tweaks...in my personal opinion, he's more polarizing than Bowser in that his reach and power make him extremely hard for quite a few characters to even get in on him.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
Things that cause DK to crash for me (using Brawl Minus v2.1.1)

1) Charging Giant Punch on the ground and then having wind push him off a ledge
2) Cancelling Aerial Head Smash prematurely and then going into a weird state transition
2a) Jump onto a sloped platform, fastfall, immediately slide off.
2b) Aerial Taunt along a ceiling, sliding until you can go up.

Dnyce

Smash Master
Yeah, we heard about Oli, and part of it is a few tweaks that were added unbeknownst to some of us (primarily the aerial canceling).

We'll definitely be doing more work with Solimar for our next release. We wanted his side B to be useful, but definitely didn't plan for it to be as abusive as it is now.
If you want someone to play-test olimar specifically, you can hit me up on aim or skype - I'm probably the most knowledgeable about the character in vbrawl.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
Things that cause DK to crash for me (using Brawl Minus v2.1.1)

1) Charging Giant Punch on the ground and then having wind push him off a ledge
2) Cancelling Aerial Head Smash prematurely and then going into a weird state transition
2a) Jump onto a sloped platform, fastfall, immediately slide off.
2b) Aerial Taunt along a ceiling, sliding until you can go up.
In all of the time I spent debugging/playing DK, I've only ever crashed with 1 and 2b in the release builds. They also weren't 100% consistent either which made it weird (once for 1 and like 50% of the time for 2b). I assume you need enough momentum to glitch it up or something. Could you explain 2 and 2a in more detail? Like just give me specific stages and instructions on how you crashed the game.

The only real glitch that ever happens in regular play for me is the barrel getting stuck on his head. I think there was something specific that triggered that glitch, but I don't remember it anymore. It almost never happens to me, so it's hard to know what exactly causes it.

Linkshot

Smash Hero
2a) and 2b) are caused by 2 occurring.

Basically, Aerial SideB, jump out, then do 2a or 2b and it crashes because, I guess, it didn't get to reset the states properly.

2a happened on a custom stage. DK jumped, fastfell onto a slope just above a flat block but the bottom went past the corner like this: /
As soon as he went over the edge of the bottom of the slope, it crashed (buzzed).

Xyless

Smash Master
The only real glitch that ever happens in regular play for me is the barrel getting stuck on his head. I think there was something specific that triggered that glitch, but I don't remember it anymore. It almost never happens to me, so it's hard to know what exactly causes it.
That is caused when DK gets hit as he initially pulls the barrel out. We've known about it since pre-alpha, but you can make DK Z-drop it in the air, so we left it in.

:phone:

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
2a) and 2b) are caused by 2 occurring.

Basically, Aerial SideB, jump out, then do 2a or 2b and it crashes because, I guess, it didn't get to reset the states properly.

2a happened on a custom stage. DK jumped, fastfell onto a slope just above a flat block but the bottom went past the corner like this: /
As soon as he went over the edge of the bottom of the slope, it crashed (buzzed).
2b actually happens whether or not you use aerial side b iirc. Also when you say you jump then fastfall, you really mean jump, side b, attack, and then fastfall right? I am guessing that crash only would happen on custom stages and maybe pictochat. Have you ever gotten 2a on a normal stage?

Linkshot

Smash Hero
SideB, Aerial Jump, Fastfall, hit slope, slide off, crash.

Or something to that extent. I only managed to see the computer doing Double Jump -> Fastfall -> Slide -> Crash.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Barrels and aerial taunt. As much as I absolutely love the aerial taunt, I think it has to go.

Just put a limit on the barrels. Everyone else who can pull items can only pull 2, so just do the same for DK.

otter

Smash Ace
Hey guys, great job on this project. I played this for the first time recently and was blown away. I have never used a Brawl mod, nor do I play smash often at all but I am very interested in this version breathing new life into Brawl for me and my friends.

Is there a change list for each character compared to original Brawl? This thread has changes for the current version. but that means nothing to a new player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom