• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Boss Battles on Intense discussion.

Cheesedork

Smash Apprentice
Hey, Rew, I beat BB on Intense my first time as Fox. How does that make you feel? =P

btw, he was like the fifth character I did it with.

Rew

Smash Journeyman
Boss Battles on Intense is easy compared to getting all 700 stickers. I started out yesterday evening when I got home at 697 stickers. After hours upon hours (going all the way through midnight--and well past my bedtime) of using the sticker factory over and over, of going through SSE on Intense (using only characters with max sticker drop stickers)--Galleom, Duon, Skyworld, Sea of Clouds--after all that, all those hours, I still have 697 stickers to show for all that. Absolutely nothing. I mean, there are other things I could've been doing last night! -_____-;;

Yeah, so give me something hard, give me something requiring skill, give me something I can practice at and improve. But **** this crap about having to win the freaking lottery just a complete a sidequest! >:|

@Cheesedork: I'm guessing you've just logged in more hours at BB-I than I have. =P

Richard & Blaziken

Smash Cadet
NNID
Richard_Blaziken
3DS FC
1547-5283-8177
I beat BB-I a long time ago. I beat it with Charizard (my 2nd main after Link- I play with my favorites, as I have no Wi-Fi). It took about 2 weeks to beat, but it was worth it, if only to check it off the list of things I have to do to get everything. Now all I have left is beat BB with everyone (I'm lazy), and get all those darn stickers. I think I'm like 40 stickers away from 700 =/.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
I got to Tabuu with 0% using Marth once, then I lost and I haven't tried since.

chucklesXcore

Smash Apprentice
I tried this for the first time last night and just got completely frustrated. Fox is definitely the way to go, but DK is surprisingly quite a beast if you can get him down. I prefer Fox though because he has a TON of ways to beat the toughest bosses.

All of them are just all about learning how to watch their attacks. Use fox's UpAir and Fair and then run away accordingly. You'll have to learn the timing on your own, and usually it takes practice. Along with learning how to air dodge.

The ONLY bosses you should have trouble with after learning all their timing are Duon, Galleom, Porky, and Rayquaza. Tabuu...with him its just a matter of learning his attacks and timing them. I found him to be more of a relief. Hardly any of his moves are one hit KOs. And the ones that are...are really really easy to avoid. Anyway, for Duon...pray you fight him early. VERY early. like within the first 3. Because I noticed that the bosses you fight later (6-10) no matter who they are....are signficantly faster and stronger. Duon's usually beastly attacks only hit for 15% or so if he's the first one you face. So if he's your biggest problem, just repeatedly restart until you face him first. That can be annoying though, so I just play no matter the difficulty.

For Duon though, I highly recommend shooting a few lasers to stall for the first attack. The moment it says go. Its going to just run in and attack you right off the bat. so its best to be prepared. Ironically I found that you can run to the edge and edgegrab. then fall and firefox back up grabbing the edge and repeat. Do this until Duon goes back to the other side. Then wait for an attack. and if its not a rushing across the stage one. run like hell and try to get a few aerials in. then run back. and wait. repeat this until it switches to the pink side. this is your chances to win basically. attack like crazy and when it does its lasers, reflect them. Make sure you are close because then you give more damage. The lightning thing? just try to dodge. I usually run away to the other side cuz it gives me more spacing and time to avoid it. But don't waste too much time trying to "play it safe" fact is, this thing is a beast and will rack up damage. And its incredibly hard to avoid its dash attack because if you jump and air dodge when it is finishing up it hits you straight up when it rears up on its edge to stop. yah...even this kills you. So when it changes to pink, rack up as much damage as possible. PRAY that it shoots out the missles cuz if you've been racking up damage and continue to do while the missiles come out,then you have a sure fire win. when you see them come out, simply run away for a tiny bit. Then come running back and attack. usually you will take a blow from one of them but the rest hit duon dealing an incredible amount of damage. Usually this is where I win.

Galleom, This guy is just scary fast if you face him later on. He's almost TOO fast. the missles are very hard to avoid, except if you run off stage and into the magnifying glass. Which is what i recommend. No joke. You will slowly take 4-5% but its worth it in comparison to taking a risky 15-30% or if you already at high damage, death. then come back. Constantly fire lasers when you can, because Galleon takes a decent amount of damage from these for some reason. when he does hes shoot across the screen thing after laying down, jump and air dodge. then run back as fast as you can to where he will end up. then up smash and run away quick. You absolutely must avoid the shockwave move. The one with the thing that travels on the ground. This can do anywhere from 60-120% damage if your not careful...and yah it kills you almost every time if you already have some damage on you. Don't let him fall on you, but be just out of his range that way you can get in a quick up smash. This battle usually takes me awhile and I'm either doing really well or really struggling. So I think as you practice someone can absolutely bone him.

Porky may seem tricky at first, but is actually quite easy once you get the strategy down. first things first. Only start the match by shooting lasers. They don't do much, but any damage is better than no damage. Porky only has two ways to start the match. The super fast one hit ko moving fast to the left side of the screen move(yah thats what its officially called...LOL) or attacking while moving towards you no matter where you are. If its the first its obvious. Prepare yourself. Jump over and dodge. then start running back to where you know porky will end up. the second its back. Up smash, down smash, and side smash. then run away and see what porky is going to do. If porky does the laser move try run away to the far right as much as you can, but make sure you can see yourself. make sure you jump, dodge the first one and then keep holding R and fast fall when the laser comes back around to hit you the second time you should be shielding, don't hold it any longer then when you hear the clank because your shield will break, and trust me...you will be pissed off when porky decides to do his one hit ko move one more time especially when your super close to the blast off zone. Now if it decides to do its walking slowly towards you think. Jump on top of it. and down smash. if you can keep your momentum and stay on(which is hard you can have an easy way with porky and avoid 2 of his moves(the down laser beam[not the top one i first mentioned] and the porky kids that chase after you and explode). If you cant though just keep trying to do it while doing forward aerials. If he does his repeated hit side thing. its like a little spike that hut racks up 60% if you get caught in all of it...and it usually kills you in one hit too cuz of the knock back of the last one. You can DI out of this move really easily if you do get caught. Make sure you DI down, not up, if you DI up you will fall back into it and die. If you can DI(I use smash DI) down then shield and roll out if its range. then fox illusion to the other side where its safe. If its going in its ealry stages you have an opporutnity to get about 3 smash attacks off. So this is a good way to rack up damage. Use fox illusion if you see that moving coming before hand.

And as for Rayquaza...reflect his attacks back at him that you can(i dont think i need to name them or mention them) Make sure you avoid his tail hit move and his glaring eyes move. Those are KO moves along with his sidewinder one across the screen. that one is easy though if you see it coming. Just jump twice and airdodge. you must time it perfectly though or you will die. Rayquaza seems nasty, but once you get his timing down he's not TOO bad. However if he's fast from the get go you are probably screwed cuz he's so intense with his attacks. laser's don't work too well. I always do em if its better than nothing, but you have to run in and attack. But if Rayquaza seems EXTRA fast. Only go for one smash at a time. This is lame, but not so risky. And if you think Rayquaza is doing his tail attack thing on the ground. Fox illusion to the side to get out of there if you are too much to the left.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
i did it with olimar without using any pikmin... but i dunno i;ve only had the game a month....

gehaga

Smash Cadet
I got to Tabuu with charizard, but I have an idea, will it still count as beating it on intense if you do wih two people?

jaap

Smash Cadet
ive also beated BB with wolf and i have the game like 2 weeks. never tried it with olimar, 2 lazy 2 do it again. although i can definately understand that ppl have a hard time with it. its all about ur defensive game, just practice more in dodging (especialy air dodging) and keep trying it :). dont have rly much tips about all bosses, just know their moves and practice ur defensive game, then it shouldnt be hard i guess :)

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
I've only tried Intense once, with Sonic. I got to the 7th fight having only used one heart container but still died ¬_¬
Ridleys, Hands, Petey and Galleom are insanely easy, and I have an easy time with Porky suprisingly. The only boss I struggle with is Duon. I put no strategy or thought into that fight, I probably should.

luigi_jesus

Smash Rookie
on v-hard i got 9 with toon link and lost to tabuu. i had 0% when i started but i just die from off waves (red thingys) before i can get close to killing him. i can beat 2 hands petey 2 ridleys porky and usually galleom but i usually suck fighting duon. im usually lucky to live with less than 130% damage after 0% at start of duon.

i find that some of the good tactics i use are dair constantly against porky; can kill in 12 secs without taking damage, and just to stay midair as much as possible against galleom. if i could just get past duon...

DARKALONDITE

Smash Apprentice
I got to Tabuu with Toon Link on very hard, but got killed by the red rings of death. I hate that move. If it's that hard on very hard, intense'll slaughter me!!!

c4pills

Smash Rookie
I did this last week and I've had it since the us launch lol. I tried a lot of dudes but fox has those matchups where reflecting is an insta-win. Once I could consistently get to Tabuu, it was no problem. Tabuu is a pushover :bee: Now, if only I could get that last sticker I need, stupid kooper

Giga Wario

Smash Journeyman
After many tries, I beat it with Rock Smash.

However, if you own the PAL version, then it's a waste.

_water

Smash Rookie
Ive gotten to Tabuu numerous times, only to die to his RRODs. I find the dest characters to use are C. Falcon and Charizard.

pianodude700

Smash Journeyman
beat it with lucas :D
tabuu is easy if you know what you're doing :)
porky, duon, and galleom can give me problems if they appear in the 2nd half.
duon can cause trouble even in the 1st half, but porky and galleom are easy there.

Finding Waldo

Smash Apprentice
Boss Battles can be Intense

Ive gotten to Tabuu numerous times, only to die to his RRODs. I find the dest characters to use are C. Falcon and Charizard.
[FONT="Garamond"[SIZE="4"]]Although I am pretty sure some of you are lying on this (Olimar with no pikimin:psycho:), I will interject my own thoughts. I actually found the character to beat this with is Jigglypuff, due to her ability to chain air attacks together. Once you know all of the bosses' attacks, (And can fly over quite a few with Jigglypuff), you'll be able to beat it. Also, if Tabuu is troubling you with is "Rings of Death", stand directly under him and ground dodge the outlines of the circles. Practice in Subspace to avoid the stress I had. :embarrass[/SIZE]
[/FONT]:

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
[FONT="Garamond"[SIZE="4"]]Although I am pretty sure some of you are lying on this (Olimar with no pikimin:psycho:), I will interject my own thoughts. I actually found the character to beat this with is Jigglypuff, due to her ability to chain air attacks together. Once you know all of the bosses' attacks, (And can fly over quite a few with Jigglypuff), you'll be able to beat it. Also, if Tabuu is troubling you with is "Rings of Death", stand directly under him and ground dodge the outlines of the circles. Practice in Subspace to avoid the stress I had. :embarrass[/SIZE]
[/FONT]:
"Practice in subspace".....you genius!!! =D Thanks man!

Psy.

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
I usually use Fox when I do this, he is perfect, and its not that hard getting used to Fox due to I mained him in Melee and he is my 9th/10th main in brawl, F-Air, U-Air spam is godly, laser spam for porky and the blade duon.

Demon King

Smash Rookie
I've been trying for a few days straight now. Only yesterday did I manage to get to Tabuu with Fox. It went pretty well but I screwed up with the RROD's. Gonna give it another try later today.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Huh. Intense...

Word of warning, ALWAYS watch out for Rayquaza as the second-to-last boss on Intense. I saw him the other day when my brother fought him as Sonic... Let's just say Rayquaza was a PERFECT fast-paced boss for him.

Beat Intense about a month after I first started playing Smash Bros. Defeated as Charizard... Spammed his forward+B. That's all there was to it. :p

I have yet to defeat it as anyone else... but, getting closer. Very Hard's just about cleared with everyone, so I figure it's a matter of time.

deadsilence325/Narx

Smash Rookie
Beat it with ROB like 2 weeks ago. When things get too hectic, just hover. Took along time to get their patterns down though since they move so fast.

Roxmorf

Smash Cadet
well, the first 9 are easy, just learn to avoid their attacks, practice, reach the boss with one heart, use it and win.
To practise with taboo, raycuaza and galleom you can use the subspace, ( raycuaza and galleom are at the beggining of some stages, so you don't have to do everithing) specially taboo, wich doesn show up until you kill the other 9, and the one ko attacks really made my nerves explode.

Demon King

Smash Rookie
Finally did it! After like, 300 tries! The bosses were bad enough, but yeah, you learn the patterns eventually and that's crucial. Tabuu and his red rays of death were the biggest problem. I succeeded with Fox.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
Just incase knowone has posted these (Can't be bothered to check.)

Heres some, no damage,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNv6qztZNJ0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-9EG68DfvQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fdw-UlcdXFE&feature=related

They're good :/
I only watched the first, but that actually wasn´t from boss battles mode. Pretty good still.

As for the actual challenge, I used Ness, but if you like Lucas better, he´s just as good. I like them for the following reasons:

1) PK Magned (down b) is your best friend. You can heal yourself to full health with Duon´s shots (not the laser ones), Master hand´s gunshots and Meta Ridley´s blasts

2)Down tilt does lots of damage fast against every grounded boss (you be careful that they don´t hit you)

3) Use fully loaded PK Flash (or Freeze) on Porky after his rush or Galleom when he´s jumping to make them lose huge amount of HP

4) you can dodge almost any attack pretty safely with douple jump -> airdodge combination

5) good midair attacks (both can hit at least three times in one douple jump

As for the bosses, I think that both hands are easy, since they use monotonic attacks. Also, if you have cleared event 50 in Melee, you already know how to win them usually without any or at least little damage. Other easy bosses IMO are Petey Piranha and Rayguaza. Petey has only two easily avoided attacks, so with very little practise you can defeat him without any damage whatsoever. Rayguasa also has easily avoided attacks. He can kill you at low %´s, but if you study him a bit you´ll learn his attacks and end up beating him really easily.

The worst bosses for me were Porky and his death laser (if you get hit, your damage goes over 150 almost alwasy or you´re dead) and Galleom every time he came late and used his missiles all the time. Duon could be hard if he wouldn´t heal you every time you take damage.Both Ridleys are pretty easy, you just have to watch out not to rush things too much.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
I've almost succeeded with Kirby. My strategy:

Duon: Not much strategy here. You'd better hope he's first or second. Spam your mid-air hammer.

Galleom: Stay in the air and use the aerial hammer a lot. If you're in danger, use rock, except for when he falls over, where you should either get behind him or airdodge.

Petey: Use final cutter's projectile and only use that. Very slow, but you take no damage. At the very end, use your hammer to finish off one of the cages.

Both hands: Use your back air on the wrist part of the hands.

Rayquaza: Float for the first attack, that's usually going to the other side or spinning. Use your aerial hammer, and when he zooms off the screen and goes back to the other side, use rock. if he goes into the ground or pops out, use rock or run.

Porky: Jump above him and keep using rock. You'll deal decent damage every time, and with any luck, you'll get the earthquake glitch.

Meta Ridley: Use back and down airs. When he uses the fireballs, turn into rock. You'll still get knocked back, but if you'll look, you took no damage. If he holds onto the ship, use a forward smash or 2. You want to be off the ship as much as possible.

Ridley: Bairs and dairs, and when he leaves the screen (except when he comes from the background), use rock immediately. If he comes from the background, use rock when he's about to hit.

Tabuu: Easiest of them all. Avoid the brackets at all costs. For the RRoD or Off Waves, dodge when they're about to hit you. If he appears right next to you, run, and if it will hit, spam the cutter's projectile. Other than this, just use general Tabuu Strategies.

You just won.

Rh1thmz

Smash Journeyman
It took me FOREVER to get to Tabuu with Charizard, but I beat Tabuu on my first try. The hands are cake, and so is Ridley. Duon can be a huge pain, and Rayquaza takes a while. The trick is mainly just learing how each boss's attacks work and how to most efficiently dodge them. That's more than half the battle.

Stinkoman

Smash Apprentice
I've started using Kirby. For anybody who hasn't thought of using him, he's really useful with his down+b. His hammer is also good mid-air because it hits twice and you're given a small amount of sideways movement in the air during the attack. I use the rock to cancel out a lot of tricky attacks from bosses like Porky, Ridley, Rayquaza, and both Hands.

For some reason, Porky and Rayquaza are cakewalks for me unless they're the 9th boss in the run. I have more problems with Duon and Galleom. If Galleom is the 8th or 9th boss, then I never stand a chance. I've used other characters like Charizard and MK, but I've managed ti get to Tabuu 5 times now with Kirby. His hammer is just so freakin' pwnage.

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
What I did to clear it was counter their attacks with Marth, it worked very well until Taboo, where you had to actually fight him for real, but hes never difficult unless you trip >.<

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I've beaten intense around 5 times with Sonic.

Run away, dodge, run in, hit, run away.

Rinse and repeat for a win.

Choncey

Smash Rookie
i did it with fox, although charizard works good. baisicly the best thing to do is this: restart if you get hit by either of the hands, petey, or either of the ridleys for more than 20 damage. it took me roughly 10 or 15 trys to beat this and it is not the easiest thing to do. the best thing to keep in mind is persistance.

Top Bottom