• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Boss Battles on Intense discussion.

Ixnay

Smash Rookie
I beat it with the ice climbers- their B-Down can tear meta ridley apart, and if both climbers hit a boss at the same time, it seems to do more damage than with a normal character's attacks. But still, it took me some 10-15 tries on intense before I heard the "Wow, incredible!".

TehBo49

Smash Ace
In an alternate universe, where Brawl does not suc
I played this on Intense for like 3 weeks trying to beat it with MK, but I kept coming short. Then I tried Charizard & beat it on my fifth try. :)

Spamming rock smash kills the bosses really fast. He's also really heavy, so he lives long. If you use him, I suggest you switch to Squirtle for the hands. This resets fatigue & the hands are pretty easy to beat, too.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I've actually beaten it on intense - It took many, many tries. I did it as Toon Link. His nair worked pretty well for racking up damage, and his dair allowed me to bounce on the bosses repeatedly - particularly effective against Porky. It was mostly just a test of endurance - I learned all the bosses, their tricks, and eventually won. But man was it tough.

Also, the reward is... Galleom (tank form) trophy. >_> Lame, I know.
i will try this and give u a response in a few days

Olimarman

Smash Ace
I feel a little nooby for asking this since I'm sure I'm missing a major detail but...
I keep trying to use Mk to beat Bb on Intense and I CANNOT BEAT DUON. Hes the boss that by far gives me the most trouble. I've been able to beat every other boss atleast once or twice without taking a hint of damage and not at the very beginning either, but I can rarely get past Duon. Any advice?

Ixnay

Smash Rookie
Duon's all about distancing yourself. Whenever the red side is facing you, most of its attacks span the entire stage, so you can get up close and attack it (unless it hunches down and spins, which I think it will do regardless of what side faces you). Whenever it rushes you, see if Mk's B-Up can dodge it.Since the blue one's attacks are stronger with shorter range, I'd just wait until Duon's done attacking before rushing up for a few attacks and running back. This strategy worked for me, but you can find any that suits you- personally, I think that in the boss battles, Duon's the hardest.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Duon's all about distancing yourself. Whenever the red side is facing you, most of its attacks span the entire stage, so you can get up close and attack it (unless it hunches down and spins, which I think it will do regardless of what side faces you). Whenever it rushes you, see if Mk's B-Up can dodge it.Since the blue one's attacks are stronger with shorter range, I'd just wait until Duon's done attacking before rushing up for a few attacks and running back. This strategy worked for me, but you can find any that suits you- personally, I think that in the boss battles, Duon's the hardest.
Duon is hard for most fighters, but it's a cake walk for Fox. Just use Reflector to repel those blaster shots and lure those missiles right back at it.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
use charizard and just rock smash the hell out of them. does tremendous damage, then all you have to worry about are their patterns

Excellence

Smash Champion
I beat Boss Battle on Intense using Olimar. His Up-Aerial racks up fast damage, while his Whistle keeps him from being knocked out if timed correctly. It REALLY helps when your trying to survive Tabuu's wave or the Hands' attacks that are harder to avoid.

Pure-???

Smash Journeyman
Marth is great if you cna do it right, because the bosses have so much power that counter is just awesome.

The Fail Tracer

The Universal Cosmic Tracer
3DS FC
2337-5641-4371
In these past two hours, I got up to nine bosses defeated with two characters. But that's the farthest I can get.

These characters were Captain Falcon and Charizard.

Captain Falcon is very good at Boss Battles. He's got good speed and power. What I usually do is just use his up-smash a lot.

Charizard, like everyone has said, is very good with his Rock Smash.

I just can't get through Tabuu. I think I'll try with Charizard again, though.

Also, against Tabuu, it is VERY useful to use Pokemon Change during the Off Wave attack.

RazeveX

Smash Ace
i've edited this post. Basically, i tried for like 15 hours total, and persistance was the key. By the end it was easy, just a few slip ups help me back (once i lost to tabuu when he had the lowest health possible, you could barely see it).

Anyway, I DID IT! Then i went and did very hard, and hard, and normal. And now i feel like the best thing ever.

manhunter098

Smash Lord
Its really not difficult to dodge the Off Waves. I did it with Metaknight because you can keep spamming his neutral air, which does great damage if you can get both the initial hit and the second hit, which is very easy. Its short duration and Metaknight's extra midair jumps let you do so many of them at once that you can kill most bosses very quickly, and his maneuverability makes avoiding those deadly attacks very easy as well.

G J Cod

Smash Cadet
I got to tabuu on intense with meta knight and DANG---those darm off waves. If somebody can give me a step by step, I will dub thee "Smash God/Goddess!"......in my world.

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
I got to tabuu on intense with meta knight and DANG---those darm off waves. If somebody can give me a step by step, I will dub thee "Smash God/Goddess!"......in my world.
Although i beat intense boss battles with Charzard, this tip should help you anyways...

What i kept doing is rolling away from the first way, then automatically rolling again to dodge the second way. But that killed me. What you have to do is time it, wait like a 1/4 of a second before rolling after the 1st and 2nd.

Maybe that will help...

Redragon

RazeveX

Smash Ace
you REALLY should just be step dodging whenever the red waves get close to your character. When you see him go into the background and move his wings, hold shield. Then tap down when you want to dodge. It cant be explained any simpler than that.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well it took me a while to finally beat Boss battles on intense. I first tried Bowser because he was one of my best chars. His Fsmash is powerful, but he is big and slow so he couldnt dodge much of the attacks.
Then I tried Metaknight. N-air does kill, but he is too light, and usually Duon, Galleom, or Porky would be the one to beat him.
Finally, I used my new best char. That would be Pit. I was surprised that he was the only 1 that made it to Tabuu, and even though he got me once with his clone attack, I came back and killed him. Pit really works well against Meta Ridley. A Close range Angel Ring when Meta Ridley does the Fireballs would usually make him kill himself (Angel Ring is a reflector).
His B-air is the one that kills. It sweetspots some of the damage areas of Bosses, and still does damage after the sweetspot time (Works well against Petey and the hands). His multiple jumps really helped out as well.
Note: I didnt want to use Fox or Lucas because then that would be ez and i dont like the them anyways.
Thank you Pit for being the one to beat Boss Battles on Intense for me. ^^

WTF!

Smash Cadet
I used the fith golden hammer on the mewtwo trophy cuz i was to scared to get beaten on intense :(

Cloud Cleaver

Smash Journeyman
When spot-dodging the off waves, don't use timing. Dodge each individual wave in and of itself, and don't think of them as "three at a time". Trying to time it is going to get you whacked, since they're deliberately timed such that they screw with your head.

YoshiGame'nLucas

Smash Rookie
i beat the mode on hard with Game and Watch and manage to kill 9 bosses with pit on hard

i still can't beat it on intense since the bosses move alot faster and have alot of instant KO's

any other strategies
yes well on intense thier damage and hit ratio increases and might i recommend sum one who has super armor like olimar's DB and Yoshi's UB...could help with the strong hits

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
For myself, one must be a character with speed and one specific move that can rack up damage. I chose Fox. Reflecting ablilities (which help a lot during Raquaza and most of all Meta-Ridley), speed (so he can keep up with the upgraded speed) far range blaster, and spammy fair and dair to rack up plenty of damage.

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
I keep getting to Tabuu with Lucas, either that butterfly thing gets me and kills me or the red rings but miscalcualation in dodging them.

Muggshotter

Smash Rookie
I did it with Fox. Laser spam the bosses you don't want to melee (Porky), reflector to almost OHKO Meta Ridley, fair and up air for Rayquaza and most things, forward smash for Golleom, and make good use of air dodging.

This is how it looks like:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7ER6CfBJXQ0

Only difference is I used the laser on Porky and did fairs on Duon. The hard part is getting up to Tabuu. Tabuu is NOT hard. He's much easier than he is in SSE. He's probably Normal SSE difficulty. If you can get up to him, you can beat him easy. This is the most frustrating challenge. You don't have to play perfect, but you have to play very well. Both hands, Golleom, both Ridleys, and Petey are easy enough to beat without taking much if any damage. Rayquaza, Duan, and Porky are the only ones that actually pose a threat.

Here's one of Lucas beating it on intense as well:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=QUManU7TYmE

Also, Charizard's forward B ***** bosses. I hear you can beat the challenge co-op. 2 Charizards doing that would win pretty fast.
I also completed Boss Battles on Intense with Fox...For the first time.I think Luigi is good for Intense BB-run,because he can strike multiply hits in the air before landing,just like Samus.

I got 2 with Olimar thus far...Same for Mario...Gotta better up!^^

Bombco101

Smash Journeyman
I find Olimar and Toon Link to work very well

For Olimar I use his Uair and side B

Toon Links dair works extraordinarily well

Top Bottom