• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Boss Battles on Intense discussion.

Kratos says no

Smash Rookie
I figured I would make a thread for (what I think) is the most difficult single player challenge in the game. You. 10 bosses. 3 hearts. No continues.

What has everyone found the best character to use on it?

Has anyone beat it?

If so, with what character, using which strategy?

No, the golden hammer does not break this.

Discuss.

sir bert leaman

Smash Rookie
I have been at this for hours... I've managed no more than 8 of the bosses before I die... I have tried using Charizards forward b which does a considerable amount of damage on all but seemingly Rayquaza. My other main tactic is to use Fox and his u-air and blaster. Even still, I get owned by Rayquaza or Porkey... I know this likely doesn't help much, but at least I can tell you what hasn't woked for me...

slimjim

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FS-slimjim
3DS FC
4296-3887-2717
Ness's down tilt and the Ice Climbers' down smash has worked wonders for me in very hard, but i haven't tried Intense yet, maybe try those?

GinRei

Smash Apprentice
I was at 6 with Ike, but he tripped against Petey and got launched off the stage. Once you learn the attack patterns of the bosses, most are rather easy as long as you pay attention.

Even on intense I can beat Ridley, MetaRidley, Petey, Crazy Hand, and Master Hand without being hit.

Duan does a lot of damage, but rarely actually kills me. I'm sure if I paid attention I could take less damage, but meh.

Galloem is hit or miss, sometimes I take no damage, other times a LOT of damage. Seems to depend on how often he does his spin attack and slide punch.

Rayquaza is hard only because he attacks so quickly once he starts his attack pattern. If you're willing to put a lot of time in, you can get by without being hit. However this will make the fight take FOREVER.

Porky... I hate Porky. Like Duan, he doesn't really have many kill moves (compared to other bosses), but he racks up your damage meter. Especially with a close combat fighter like Ike. I think I might've found a pattern to take less damage, but his various beams and those exploding Primids are annoying as hell.

Taboo is all about dodging. Only moves I have a problem with are the lasso (activates so quickly once he decides to use it), the gold cage (hard to jump over it, afraid to try and dodge), and his explosion teleportation. This ******* has cost me every try I make on Very Hard mode because of that ****ed lasso.

Terradrius

Smash Apprentice
I've actually beaten it on intense - It took many, many tries. I did it as Toon Link. His nair worked pretty well for racking up damage, and his dair allowed me to bounce on the bosses repeatedly - particularly effective against Porky. It was mostly just a test of endurance - I learned all the bosses, their tricks, and eventually won. But man was it tough.

Also, the reward is... Galleom (tank form) trophy. >_> Lame, I know.

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
Hmm, since you're likely to die in one hit anyways, try Samus. She has no lag aerials and can get 4 aerials in the air before she lands again. Zair lets you hit bosses from farther away too.

TiersAreReal

Smash Apprentice
I did it with Fox. Laser spam the bosses you don't want to melee (Porky), reflector to almost OHKO Meta Ridley, fair and up air for Rayquaza and most things, forward smash for Golleom, and make good use of air dodging.

This is how it looks like:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7ER6CfBJXQ0

Only difference is I used the laser on Porky and did fairs on Duon. The hard part is getting up to Tabuu. Tabuu is NOT hard. He's much easier than he is in SSE. He's probably Normal SSE difficulty. If you can get up to him, you can beat him easy. This is the most frustrating challenge. You don't have to play perfect, but you have to play very well. Both hands, Golleom, both Ridleys, and Petey are easy enough to beat without taking much if any damage. Rayquaza, Duan, and Porky are the only ones that actually pose a threat.

Here's one of Lucas beating it on intense as well:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=QUManU7TYmE

Also, Charizard's forward B ***** bosses. I hear you can beat the challenge co-op. 2 Charizards doing that would win pretty fast.

Kietharr

Smash Cadet
Yoshi works well, use toss on Porky and other bosses you don't want to melee against and air attacks on everything else. I got through with Yoshi with a heart container left over, only took damage from Porky, Duon and Tabuu.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
It's a shame none of my 6 mains could do that :(
Bowser, Pit, Zelda, Metaknight, King Dedede, and Wario... All my best, yet i fail. And no, I dont use Fox nor Lucas, so that's an even more troubling.

Who to blame for my losses...
*points at all Bosses except the 2 hands and Petey*

Star105

Smash Journeyman
i beat the mode on hard with Game and Watch and manage to kill 9 bosses with pit on hard

i still can't beat it on intense since the bosses move alot faster and have alot of instant KO's

any other strategies

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Yeah I get to Tabuu with Charizard's >B rocksmash, but beating him with Charizard is annoying. Mostly the stupid yellow cage attack and lasso I have trouble avoiding. his red rings of death are easy once I got the rhythm down. I hate Tabuu -_-

Xarias

Smash Journeyman
Geez, finally, I beat it with Charizard. I've been at this for like 4 days. Its such a relief to be done with it.

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
Haha I've been at this with Snake forever. Duon and Porkey are the bane of my life, but here are my observations for Intense mode (Disregard any snake comments, I posted this in the snake area asking for help).

Master & Crazy Hand:
-Easies bosses ever. No need to heal beforehand unless you losing conciousness. Only real problem they pose is their Drill move, that can pile on damage even though it cant KO you. Everything else is dodgeable or Perfect Shield-able.

Rayquaza:
-Has two moves that can KO with <100% damage: The tail end of his spin on the ground and when he rushes horizontally across the screen. All other attacks just pile on damage. According to one of my friends, his head is his weak point so Axe Kick or NAir him there. Watch out for that lightning strike skill, it piles on 40% easy.

Galleom:
-Has a shoryuken that utterly owns you at ~80%. ALWAYS Starts the battle with a standing missle launch that cant hit you if you are point blank range. His "Air Slash" tech breaks shields unless you perfect shield it. Stomps are easily dodgeable. Stay on the ground and you'll be okay unless he readies his shoryuken.

Duon:
-Always starts the fight with either a charging slash or walks up to you to connect with a 3 hit combo. Consecutively uses techniques without rest, which is a problem for Snake and his sluggish Air techs. You can stand on the area between his head, but he'll respond by spinning like a jerk. There is a way to make the battle exponentially easier though, wait for the pink side to fire missles, rush quickly to Duon and let the missles hit him and he'll lose at least 60% of his health bar if not more if all the missles hit.

Petey Piranha:
-Cages do 20% each hit, Butt Stomp does 30~40%. Easy fight though if you stick to spamming Snake's Utilt, Fastest move and allows you to dodge all his hits. DO NOT Shield the Buttstomp, utterly shatters it and then he'll bash you in the face with a cage. Try not to focus on a cage though crazy as it sounds, you can miss when he pulls back then punishes you.

Porkey:
-Always heal up before fighting him, you are more than likely gonna take at least 70% if not more from him. Always starts the fight with a fast charge across the screen and can KO you at low percentages if you are on the wrong side of the screen. His Doom Beam lasts a long time, if you can Air Dodge the first one to delay it then Ground Dodge when it comes back. The Porkey Mines are easy to dodge, but it's easy to lose track of them when dodging Porkey himself. If he pulls off the rapid thrust, you *can* dodge it by crouching as Snake but if it even remotely hits you chances are he's snared you. You can stand on his head with next to no punishment, but it's slippery so it's hard to stay on. Dont try to combo him, just hit with one A move and get out.

Ridley:
-Easy boss, little to no KO moves but can pile on damage. Snake can duck his Electric Charge thing where he flies along the floor and dodge it. His Tail Drag is the damage dealer, you cant DI out of so if you're hit he'll juggle you around. If he copies the Master Hand "Fly off screen and come from the background" move just air dodge it. Nothing hard, but he makes other boss battles tougher.

Meta-Ridley:
-This boss isnt tough, but it is frustrating because he's fast and his moves rely on luck and prediction. He always starts the move with one of two moves: Wing Swipe the stage for ~30% or smack the Blue Falcon, hitting you for the same damage and catapulting you upwards to your doom. Avoid that and it's a battle of patience. More damage Meta-Ridley Takes, the farther left he goes until you are just aiming at a head on the edge of a screen. One thing to worry about though, if he's on the left of the screen and flies straight up, double jump & Cypher if you have to, MR is about to land on the Blue Falcon and KO you if you are standing on it.

Tabuu:
GOT NOTHING. D:

BAMN

Smash Journeyman
I have been at this with mainly Fox, Yoshi, and Lucas. I did very hard with lucas and got to Tabuu but failed there on intense, got about 8 bosses before dying with Yoshi and not too many with Fox. I have perfected each boss at least twice in all the times playing it, I just usually end up doing something stupid or getting unlucky on one or two and getting KOed

Testament27

Smash Journeyman
100 man brawl with everyone comes in second compared to Intense boss mode in terms of difficulty. i have been trying this for half a week now and im yet to even take half of tabuus life on intense. *******

Cheesedork

Smash Apprentice
Interesting. I used Meta-Knight since I saw someone do a Perfect run on Intense with him. Nairtastic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FDeZ9ydtM4
Thank you! Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!
THANK YOU!
That was so incredibly helpful!!

Odd though, the bosses giving me trouble changed from Porky and Rayquazza to Duon and Galleom. :dizzy:

Man, I got to Tabuu with almost 200% and still beat him first try. I even tripped in front of the Dragon Cannon Laser of Doom and escaped at the last millisecond. :chuckle:

Again, THANK YOU! (and the maker of that video, lol)

zeldamaster2006

Smash Apprentice
I am going crazy on this one. I've gotten to Tabuu ONCE, and died to his exploding teleport. I always die to something really stupid, like Meta Ridley bashing the Falcon out from under me. Charizard's rock smash is the best method I've tried so far, but his maneuverability is lacking so I get hit more by the annoying moves like Ridley's tail drag and Porky's rapid hits. Rayquaza also kills me very often with his flying across the screen move which is very hard to avoid in my opinion.

Also, how do you avoid Rayquaza's lightning move?

Namiel

Smash Cadet
You have to dodge the lightning move (I do it with an air dodge). It's like Tabbu's three waves of death (hate).

I use Pit. I can stay in the air a good time, use forward/backward airs really fast, and he has a reflector (which ***** some bosses). I beat it on very hard, but the best I've gotten on intense is halfway through Tabbu one time (Too much trouble with Porky, Duon, and Galleum)

Mike444

Smash Cadet
easy with fox, i cant get to taboo but ive gotten 8 trying after like 10 hours :(

porkey: keep your distance and laser the whole match. if he comes towards you quickly 2x jump and firefox

gollum: pretty much same strategy. when shooting rockets move right next to him and lazer, when he does his 4 jumps go off the screen and laser. rest of his moves avoid with illusion or firefox

rayquaza: use smash attacks, thats it pretty much

duon: this guys a *****. laser and make sure he gets hit by the rockets.

rest of bosses: use mostly dairs and uairs + laser. the rest are easy

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
Yea but Fox is cheap. I really want this red badge of courage for Snake alone, I just need to conceive a strategy to minimize damage when fighting Porkey and Duon.

Does anyone know if you can DI out of Porkey's rapid thrust attack? I've tried every direction possible but it seems like the attack has a vacuum effect and KO's at unexpected levels.

Starscream

Smash Ace
I got it with Fox finally. When you first go at it, it seems so hard. Once you do it a bajillion times and learn all the boss's attack patterns then it becomes pretty easy. FAir and UAir spam is godlike. Only problem is dodging Tabuu's wing attack. If you miss just one it's over. Gotta learn to sidestep all 3 or you're toast.

Young_Link808

Smash Apprentice
this is easy with fox

but i can only kill 9 of them everytime tabuu always gets me with the freaking red waves of doom!!!!!!!!

how do you dodge them? i try grabing on the edge and jumping off and getting it again but it always blasts me off

Teej

Smash Cadet
I've been at this for a few days...I've been going with Charizard, but I switched to Lucas just recently. After learning the attack patterns through experiences, Lucas' speed helps to dodge, and I can take minimal damage from alot fo the earlier bosses...and I went from hating Duon to loving him. He's easy to stall with, and his projectile's heal you using Lucas' VB in large quantities...but some boss always manages to pull a cheap punch...I've gotten to 8 so far.

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
this is easy with fox

but i can only kill 9 of them everytime tabuu always gets me with the freaking red waves of doom!!!!!!!!

how do you dodge them? i try grabing on the edge and jumping off and getting it again but it always blasts me off
Sidestepping. It is really the ONLY way.

ThatInsaneKid

Smash Cadet
I find spamming Yoshi's Dair comes in handy... I was able to beat Porky with it without taking to much damage, but Duon was still a pain in the butt.

And speaking of Duon, he REALLY needs to just change his name to Douchebag. Personally, I think it still fits. >:[

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
I can get to Tabuu... just have issues dodging his stupid wave attack. I have issues with it on very hard too, but I can get to him on intense.

I use Zero Suit Samus, all of her aerials deal decent enough damage and they are all fast, so you can hit most bosses with 2-3 attacks with two jumps, and she's fast enough to avoid their attacks easily enough. The only exception is her down air, but I have found that it can be useful against Ridley and even Porky at times. Her forward and side B, and up Smash also do pretty well against some bosses if you have the time to use them. I find them useful on Porky because of their range.

Young_Link808

Smash Apprentice
hey if you beat this on co-op will it count as beating it on intense? which breaks the red tile into a blue one?

zeldamaster2006

Smash Apprentice
Well I got to Tabuu again and halfway through he got me with the cage.. I keep getting close but almost every time I get 7 or 8 I die to stupid Rayquaza or Duon. It's really starting to make me want to throw my controller through the TV. I'll keep at this though!

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
Dude the best strategy is to use a fast carecter attack fast and dodge often.
This is why I am trying to beat the thing with Snake, so I feel like I accomplished somthing unique. Beating intense boss mode with fast characters is like fighting Muhammad Ali with a double-barelled shotgun, it just loses it's challenge.

DMAJohnson

Smash Journeyman
Who's idea was it to make certain windows unbreakable? Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of golden hammers? Ugh, Sakurai... You're a real headache. I can't even beat boss rush in hard mode, let alone very hard or intense. Why is there no freak'n continue option? Let me use my hard-earned coins and enjoy the game. -_-

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I have been at this for hours... I've managed no more than 8 of the bosses before I die... I have tried using Charizards forward b which does a considerable amount of damage on all but seemingly Rayquaza. My other main tactic is to use Fox and his u-air and blaster. Even still, I get owned by Rayquaza or Porkey... I know this likely doesn't help much, but at least I can tell you what hasn't woked for me...
Just FYI, Charizard = Fire, Rayquaza = Water, It's not super effective.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I get to Tabuu every time with Charizard... Just learn the boss attacks, and learn how to most easily dodge them. In my experience, Duon, Porky, and Rayquaza all will do ~50% to you on average, even if you know their attacks.

It's Tabuu oneshotting me with the darned shockwave every time that gets me. I always miss the last sidestep...

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
I've noticed an interesting pattern with the more bosses you beat on intense: The frequency, speed, and duration of the attack increase exponentially with each boss you beat. I noticed this because today I was fighting Ridley as my 8th boss and she just wouldn't stop attacking, not only that her wind push and tail drag were appearing frequently and longer. This was especially problematic because when fighting meta ridley she went straight from the dragging the ship down and firing fireballs to bodyslamming the Blue Falcon, killing me instantly.

tbh, now I find myself praying to fight Pokey and Duon first and the Hands last, imagine fighting a Pokey who constantly does the mad tackle and doom beam.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
2 Charizards + 2 Rocksmashes = get through Boss battle fast.

If you use rock smash correctly most boss battles should last less than 12 seconds, ive beaten the hands in 4 seconds.

Shadow5YA

Smash Cadet
Toon Link's nair and dair are incredibly useful against bosses, and he has an incredible horizontal recovery. The only problem is if you get careless.

For example, I was against Tabuu, and his health was really low. I mistimed my sidestep dodge and got OHKO'd by the third shockwave.

Top Bottom