• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Boss Battles on Intense discussion.

Zplatter

Smash Rookie
First time I got to Tabuu in Boss Battles Intense I beat him. :D

But really, I was at 0%, he only sent the RROD once and I survived. He got me with the several-slashes attack towards the end, which got me to 163% damage, but I avoided the one with actual knockback. Very carefully, I went in for the kill with his remaining HP.

Oh, and I was playing as Charizard, who (which takes twice as long to master) once mastered, is definitely the best character for Boss Battles Intense in my opinion.
Sorry to interrupt your awesomeness, but is doing a rock smash hard to master?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It is quite difficult to master when dealing with fast bosses. Charizard is not the best choice for Intense Boss Battles if you can't handle the pressure that the bosses give out.

Personally, Fox works best since he can handle Rayquaza, Duon, and Meta Ridley pretty easily.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
It's not the execution of Rock Smash, it's knowing when to use it, knowing Boss's patterns, and using Charizard to his full extent. Plus, on Tabuu, Rock Smash doesn't work all that well since it's a slow attack and Tabuu rarely sits still for more than 3 seconds. Thus, you'd need to hit him with some quick attacks, like some aerials. Either that or master one of the other two Pokemon and use them for Tabuu.

I know this from experience; it took quite a while to get to Tabuu with Charizard, and I didn't beat him when I did. I only got to him once, then I switched to Fox and beat it that way.

Zplatter

Smash Rookie
I know what you guys are saying and I agree, but how come that comes to mastering ONE character?

Doing boss battles comes to routines yes, knowing what to do and everything. The only downpart of being Charizard against bosses is that he is slow, otherwise it is easy to dodge everything else like you can do with someone else.

And the only thing about "mastering" Charizard that I can think of when it comes to boss battles is hitting Rock smash at the right time to utilize maximum damage.

TL;DR

Basic brawl have nothing to do with mastering a Character.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I know what you guys are saying and I agree, but how come that comes to mastering ONE character?

Doing boss battles comes to routines yes, knowing what to do and everything. The only downpart of being Charizard against bosses is that he is slow, otherwise it is easy to dodge everything else like you can do with someone else.

And the only thing about "mastering" Charizard that I can think of when it comes to boss battles is hitting Rock smash at the right time to utilize maximum damage.

TL;DR

Basic brawl have nothing to do with mastering a Character.
You have to get used to the way Charizard plays. How he can dodge attacks, any alternative attacks that you can use in certain situations, how to recover...

That's what I think, anyways.

Meh. I just beat it with Ike. He's really powerful so you beat the bosses faster than with other characters like Link or Falco. It just takes time. The only way to beat it is to do it over and over and over again until you beat it. You learn the bosses moves and how to avoid them, etc. etc. Eventually you win. Yay!! That's the only way to do it.

pikachu293

Smash Rookie
I used Fox, and no, I didn't just spam the laser. But it took me forever, like what Erich said.

Kabuto Mushi

Smash Journeyman
I Beat It

Guess what? I beat it. I BEAT IT.
Beat it beat it beat it

BUAWHWHHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I rock. Oh yeah. I never have to see Rayquaza/Porky/Duon again.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Fox was built for this thing.

Maybe I should try to beat it with my main man, Olimar... has anyone done this yet? >.>

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
I must say, beating it with Olimar would be amazing. Snake had no "Safe" moves and was slow as hell but at least he had power and weight, Olimar has next to nothing going for him in boss mode.

Kabuto Mushi

Smash Journeyman
I must say, beating it with Olimar would be amazing. Snake had no "Safe" moves and was slow as hell but at least he had power and weight, Olimar has next to nothing going for him in boss mode.
Olimar has sheer awesome going for him. :ohwell:

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Oh wow. :laugh:

So I was trying to work on the Boss Battles with everyone challenge today, and I started with the next person (going through the character selection screen in order). It was Pit. I used a pretty loose strategy, as I was doing it on Easy. I kept losing though, and I kept thinking, "Wow, how can anyone even CONSIDER Pit for Boss Battles? I know I'm not THAT bad."

I just got back to the character selection screen after losing about 5 times, and I looked at the level.

Intense.

Wow, I'm really smart...

Chronopath

Smash Rookie
I beat everyone with kirby except rayquaza. I was out of hearts but I was only at 35% or so. But he just ***** me. I'll get it eventually.

frenchclops

Smash Cadet
I beat it with Game and Watch. His upb dodges almost any surprise attacks bosses can throw at you (especially Galleom), and his bucket works wonders with Duon, leaving the only challenges to be Porky, Rayquaza and Tabuu. Other than that, I used mostly his nair and uair.

Johnthegalactic

Smash Lord
I have gotten to Tabuu with Charizard, his side-B does lots and lots of damage, use side-B to dodge the off waves, you will have to be good with Squirtle too and possibly Ivysaur.
I still havent beaten it though.

~rh

Smash Lord
I tried BBM on intense once last night. I died fighting Rayquaza first... =/ time to practice A LOT more, haha.

Blizz

Smash Rookie
I find that short-hopping into neutral-aerials and then fast falling racks up a lot of quick damage as Marth. For the more predictable bosses, simply throwing out a counter during their attacks leaves you uninjured for most of the fight. I can clear some/most bosses on Intense without taking any damage this way, but the bosses that I have trouble predicting their moves (Mainly Duon and Rayquaza, among others) take me down pretty quickly. I think it's simply a matter of learning to anticipate the bosses' attacks.

timandcarl

Smash Cadet
I'm proud to say I beat intense today after 4 days of trying for hours on end. I did it with Charizard. I almost beat intense 3 times before but tabuu kept nicking me with killing blows, but this time I fought him without even getting hit. It was great, too, cause he threw all his worst **** at me right from the start, including the golden cage, the shockwave and the lasso.

The only bosses I ever had problems with were Rayquaza, Duom, Porkey, and Guillome/Ridley if they came late in the series (because the bosses actually start getting quicker at the end of the line-up). The rest were a breeze.

I feel weak considering I took the easiest way out and you guys are actually beating this with multiple characters, but I'm glad to be a part of the intense club nonetheless.

edde

Smash Ace
NNID
edmichu
i already beat boss battles with MK and lucas

now, with ness im reaching tabuu, with fox and falco im reaching boss 9 at my best with all hearts used

MK's nair is an amazing boss raper... and well, ness and lucas can heal from master hand and duon...

once you get the timing intense is easy to beat

Luz

Smash Apprentice
Aw dang, I was just about to say the same thing. Me and my friend went crazy doing it, but we finally beat it with double charizard in 2:41 last night. Nothing feels better than beating Master Hand in 3.5 seconds. Rock Smash!!!

Amide

Smash Lord
I used charizards forward special constantly with constant dodging. Still took forever, but I managed to beat it. By the way, air dodging is your friend.

Patinator

Smash Champion
I am so extremely angered about Boss Battles right now.

For the first time, I got to the ninth boss on Intense, with Pit. It was Rayquaza; generally an easy match up. I started with 54%.

Rayquaza... He must've been on STEROIDS. He was surprisingly fast, despite my many intense encounters with him. :bee:

I got murdered when he had like 1/3rd HP left, by his attack where he whips his tail. Iron Tail, I guess.

The only person I can use for this is Pit. I just can't get it with Fox, Falco, and ESPECIALLY Charizard.

I'm doomed. I will not use a Golden Hammer, except on the Ten Cruel Alloy and All Characters in 100-Man Brawl challenges.

So, no Galleom Tank trophy for me... :( I need a morale boost...

...Then why am I here...

pyrotek7x7

Smash Ace
After you beat it once, it becomes addictive. You try to see who you can beat it with.

So far, I've done it with Metaknight, Charizard, Fox, and Toon Link. I've gotten very far several times with Marth (counter FTW!), Captain Falcon (knee of justice FTW!), and Wario (clap FTW!).

Good stuff, good stuff. I've also been trying it with King Dedede. I can usually get to 8 or 9 with him.

TehBo49

Smash Ace
In an alternate universe, where Brawl does not suc
I am so extremely angered about Boss Battles right now.

For the first time, I got to the ninth boss on Intense, with Pit. It was Rayquaza; generally an easy match up. I started with 54%.

Rayquaza... He must've been on STEROIDS. He was surprisingly fast, despite my many intense encounters with him. :bee:

I got murdered when he had like 1/3rd HP left, by his attack where he whips his tail. Iron Tail, I guess.

The only person I can use for this is Pit. I just can't get it with Fox, Falco, and ESPECIALLY Charizard.

I'm doomed. I will not use a Golden Hammer, except on the Ten Cruel Alloy and All Characters in 100-Man Brawl challenges.

So, no Galleom Tank trophy for me... :( I need a morale boost...

...Then why am I here...
I've noticed that the bosses get harder the farther you are in Boss Battles. The same thing that happened to you has happened to me before. Usually, Rayquaza is only semi-annoying, but when he's like my 8th or 9th boss, he can be a *****. That's why I always hope I get the hands and/or Meta Ridley as my last boss fights (and pray to God that I don't fight Duon or Galleom).

I've gotten to Tabuu fight several times & have died in the stupidest ways. Once I had him at about 1/3 health. I go to attack him, he teleports, I get hit by the explosion & die at 80%. -_-

Another time, I had him down to where his health bar was like one pixel long. When I go to attack him, he pulls out his whip so fast that I can't dodge it. I try to DI it, but I end up dieing anyway.

And don't even mention tripping.

Sierra Wolf

Smash Rookie
After you beat it once, it becomes addictive. You try to see who you can beat it with.

So far, I've done it with Metaknight, Charizard, Fox, and Toon Link. I've gotten very far several times with Marth (counter FTW!), Captain Falcon (knee of justice FTW!), and Wario (clap FTW!).

Good stuff, good stuff. I've also been trying it with King Dedede. I can usually get to 8 or 9 with him.
I know what you mean. After I beat it with all my mains (and a few other people), I got to the point where I wanted to beat it with EVERYBODY on Intense. With a 16-hour car-trip, and some Intense skillz, I was able to do just that. :D

IC3R

Smash Lord
I finally beat Intense Boss Battles with Kirby. It took me...53 tries, I believe-- getting to Tabuu 12 times.

Porky is the one I have the most fun with--I can take him down in 5 secs flat if he cooperates. He has to do his Slow Hog Rush (where the bulbs light up and he moves toward you with mild vigor), jump on his top side, and use Stone. Porky's health bar will drop faster than your GPA during summer school.

For everyone else: GIANT SWING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and aerial spamming (except the Twinkle Star).

As for the whole "Rayquaza moving really really fast" thing, it can happen with any of the bosses. They seem to have a Hard setting and an Intense setting. Of course, the noticable differences are the speed and power of their attacks. Intense Bosses also have unique attacks, as far as my knowledge goes: Porky's Hyper Hog Rush, Rayquaza's Draco Meteor, Ridley's Terror Loop. etc.

It may be they never really had the chance to use the attacks cause I pwn them too quickly :3

Now it's time to kill ten Cruel Alloys (with Meta Knight)!

EDIT: </3 Tabuu's Barb Chain and Cage Slam

Jeff Highwind

Smash Ace
Hmm, hey IC3R, doesn't Kirby's short and deflateable stature allow him to duck under the Cage Slam? I was able to do that with Snake on multiple occasions.

Anciant2

Smash Cadet
Ive beat it on intence with JigglyPuff which took about 11minutes and a billion tries. After a while i went back to try to beat it without any hearts.

For that the best i got was with Marth, I got to Tabuu but i was over 250% and one hit and i died. The second best i could do was with captain falcon. My best with him was 7 bosses.

Kabuto Mushi

Smash Journeyman
Got to Tabuu with Olimar today, but with no hearts left and 70%. :ohwell:

Any tips on Rayquaza/Porky for Olimar?

Top Bottom