• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Boss Battles on Intense discussion.

Vet

Smash Cadet
So I beat eight bosses, got to Galleom and as I go to attack him what happens? I TRIP INTO A ONE HIT KILL MOVE. **** YOU SAKURAI!

Mobious

Smash Rookie
fox laser and uair spam and some well placed shines w/ good dodging = easy win
Boss battles is all about dodging. You could be shooting spitballs at them all day, as long as you can dodge every attack you'll win eventually.

-Mobious-

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
So I beat eight bosses, got to Galleom and as I go to attack him what happens? I TRIP INTO A ONE HIT KILL MOVE. **** YOU SAKURAI!
Agh...

I'm really sorry, I'd shoot someone if that happened.

Stupid tripping, did it really have to be in 1P modes too? What, did he have to make it so that the poor AI'd players have a chance too?
...Come to think of it, am I just forgetting it, or have I never seen a CPU trip? If they can't trip, Sakurai is...no, scratch that, he's already a jerkface. :ohwell:

IKE_Angel

Smash Journeyman
i've beaten it on intense i used Ike i played around close to 50 times over and over again the bosses as you go on get harder you have to keep thinking about your defense as ike a used my dodge and my counter and i used my hearts every 3 bosses

TiRune

Smash Ace
Beat is with Peach, dunno if this has been posted yet but you can just peachbomb away and keep above the bosses (like peach bomber stalling in melee).
T

Patinator

Smash Champion
...Has anyone suggested Pit yet?

I find him to be MADE for Boss Battles. However, I need help. I can get to about the sixth-seventh boss, then I get smoked.

My main problems are Duon and Porky. Duon's blue lasers are killer. I mean the quick, almost instantly-occuring ones. Mirror Shield only cancels one.

Porky's dash attack, which is instant kill above 35% or so, is no longer a problem, since I roll away to one side at the start of the match. However, his red laser beam from the sky...

Can anyone help me with Porky and Duon? As well as dodging Master/Crazy Hand's drill attack. Once I get them down...

THE GALLEOM TANK TROPHY WILL BE MINE!

Mobious

Smash Rookie

FINALLY!!!!

Was a long time comin', but I finally kill Tabuu with Lucario. Honestly, the hardest part of the battle was the Red Rings o' Death, he ended up using it 3 times before I could kill him.

I did notice something that may or may not work with other characters: I went from trying to ground-dodge the rings to air-dodging them (works A LOT better); the first two rings I could air-dodge, but the 3rd one came just as I was landing so I just hit double-team and hoped for the best. Turns out double-team never triggered, and the 3rd ring never actually touched me.

My thought is that my timing was perfect with my landing, leaving me temporarily immune or something, and i was able to dodge it. I dunno for sure, but it was SOOO satisfying to finally see that "Congratulations" screen :cool:

-Mobious-

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Can anyone help me with Porky and Duon? As well as dodging Master/Crazy Hand's drill attack. Once I get them down...
Porky's Aerial Laser - There isn't a whole lot of strategy to this, the best way to dodge it is to just run until the last second and then dodge in the direction you were running--that way, you don't even have to time it perfectly so that you don't get hit by the laser after the dodge.
Although, with Pit, if you can get on top of him right before he jumps, you can start jumping and use his Wings of Icarus before he fires the laser--although if he has less HP (and would thus execute the attack more) you'd have to time it just right so you're not falling into him or the laser as he's firing it.
The strategy I used, though, was just run and dodge. But theoretically, the jumping strategy should work, too.

Duon's Laser - I really wish I could help you with this, but I had the same trouble getting hit with it. The only remotely productive strategy I found was dodging towards Duon when he starts that attack. For some reason, it worked better than dodging the other way or left, right, left, etc. Plus, if you get hit, you bounce against Duon rather than being thrust off the platform.

Master/Crazy Hand's Drill - Another attack I myself had trouble with...but I found that the best thing to do is run until the very last second and then dodge, just like Porky, in the direction you were running. Even that isn't guaranteed, but it seems to work best. You can, theoretically, jump off the ledge and stall in the air until they're done, but I usually get hit by the end of it anyways. Then again, I don't have Pit and his amazing recover powers, so it's possible it could work for you.

Patinator

Smash Champion
Porky's Aerial Laser - There isn't a whole lot of strategy to this, the best way to dodge it is to just run until the last second and then dodge in the direction you were running--that way, you don't even have to time it perfectly so that you don't get hit by the laser after the dodge.
Although, with Pit, if you can get on top of him right before he jumps, you can start jumping and use his Wings of Icarus before he fires the laser--although if he has less HP (and would thus execute the attack more) you'd have to time it just right so you're not falling into him or the laser as he's firing it.
The strategy I used, though, was just run and dodge. But theoretically, the jumping strategy should work, too.

Duon's Laser - I really wish I could help you with this, but I had the same trouble getting hit with it. The only remotely productive strategy I found was dodging towards Duon when he starts that attack. For some reason, it worked better than dodging the other way or left, right, left, etc. Plus, if you get hit, you bounce against Duon rather than being thrust off the platform.

Master/Crazy Hand's Drill - Another attack I myself had trouble with...but I found that the best thing to do is run until the very last second and then dodge, just like Porky, in the direction you were running. Even that isn't guaranteed, but it seems to work best. You can, theoretically, jump off the ledge and stall in the air until they're done, but I usually get hit by the end of it anyways. Then again, I don't have Pit and his amazing recover powers, so it's possible it could work for you.
...Wow... Thanks a lot! Yeah, I figured stalling above Porky's aerial laser is a good idea.

I'll have to try those things for the drills and lasers... Perhaps I can jump over one if I'm quick enough, Mirror Shield the second, and dodge the... Who am I kidding...

Maybe rapid-fire Mirror Shielding will work.

Now, for another one:

How can I tell how fast Ridley flies across the screen? This is the ONE thing he hits me with, except for a surprise slicing swoop or a mistimed dodge during his background swoop attack. Normally it takes maybe three fourths of a second for him to get across, but sometimes he is BLAZINGLY fast. He always kills me at like 65%...

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
...Wow... Thanks a lot! Yeah, I figured stalling above Porky's aerial laser is a good idea.

I'll have to try those things for the drills and lasers... Perhaps I can jump over one if I'm quick enough, Mirror Shield the second, and dodge the... Who am I kidding...

Maybe rapid-fire Mirror Shielding will work.

Now, for another one:

How can I tell how fast Ridley flies across the screen? This is the ONE thing he hits me with, except for a surprise slicing swoop or a mistimed dodge during his background swoop attack. Normally it takes maybe three fourths of a second for him to get across, but sometimes he is BLAZINGLY fast. He always kills me at like 65%...
No problem. :)

As for Ridley, there's an easy way to avoid this. I find that if you just jump up in the air when he rertreats and drop down a couple seconds later, he'll fly straight above you and you don't need to worry about dodging it. Or, with Pit, using his superior Up B, you can probably jump and then use Wings of Icarus to go way up--I still think Ridley's aim will be off and he'll miss. One last tip for this attack; when he backs up, try to run to the other side of the stage if possible, since he always ends up there, and you have to wait a second before he'll fly across anyways. You can even jump and DI over there while you're in the air.

If you just jump and land, you shouldn't have a problem. I think I've been hit by it maybe once.

xS A M U R A Ix

Smash Ace
Charizard + Rock Smash + Air Dodge = Victory.

Generally the approach for most bosses (some exceptions you can just spam it on and kill them before they can do anything) is to rock smash once then back off and dodge, punish with rock smash and repeat till they die. Master hand dies to like 3-4 rock smashes, it's pitiful. If he starts out with the laser move, you can kill him before it finishes >_<

Mobious

Smash Rookie
Porky's Aerial Lazer is actually on a timer from what I've found out. If you can get him to start on the far edge of the screen, and then run in the other direction, he won't move fast enough to catch up, and he'll shoot the lazer well before he corners you on the other side. If he shoots more than one, or is able to catch up to you, figure out the timing to his attack and just count it out (that what I ended up doing).

-Mobious-

TakDragon7

Smash Lord
Heatwave City, where air conditioners dont do jack
Charizard + Rock Smash + Air Dodge = Victory.

Generally the approach for most bosses (some exceptions you can just spam it on and kill them before they can do anything) is to rock smash once then back off and dodge, punish with rock smash and repeat till they die. Master hand dies to like 3-4 rock smashes, it's pitiful. If he starts out with the laser move, you can kill him before it finishes >_<
that's what I did. =D Charizard just pwns in Boss Battles.
Why do Master Hand and Crazy Hand have the lasers in the 1st place? They are really easy to pwn whenever they do that. I guess they couldn't think of anything else to do for them so maybe they decided to do that, I dunno.

reborn394

Smash Apprentice
There's a guy that posts a video of himself beating intense mode with almost no damage on Youtube. Maybe we should talk to that guy :)

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Porky's Aerial Lazer is actually on a timer from what I've found out. If you can get him to start on the far edge of the screen, and then run in the other direction, he won't move fast enough to catch up, and he'll shoot the lazer well before he corners you on the other side. If he shoots more than one, or is able to catch up to you, figure out the timing to his attack and just count it out (that what I ended up doing).

-Mobious-
Yeah, it is on a timer. Getting him on the edge is obviously ideal, but a lot of the time, you can't tell whether he's doing a laser or a jump and fall, and you don't always think to lure him to the edge and so just running from as close to the edge as possible is the best, in my opinion.
If it occurs to you to lure him every time, I suppose that would work better.

There's a guy that posts a video of himself beating intense mode with almost no damage on Youtube. Maybe we should talk to that guy :)
As someone posted previously in this thread, those videos are fakes.

pyrotek7x7

Smash Ace
Why do Master Hand and Crazy Hand have the lasers in the 1st place? They are really easy to pwn whenever they do that. I guess they couldn't think of anything else to do for them so maybe they decided to do that, I dunno.
Obviously you've never been hit by the lasers. >_>

Way back when I hadn't beat it yet, I had Master Hand as the 9th boss. I was doing so great. I had no hearts left for Tabuu, but hey, it's Master Hand. =P

I slipped up, got hit by one teeny weeny laser. This pushes you out into the other lasers, and then they ALL start hitting you, giving you about 80%.

Ugh...I hate that move. Not as much as the drill though. Haven't dodged the drill a single time.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Eh...

The lasers in Melee, those were a complete joke.

Brawl's lasers, though...the attack was improved. They cut the time they do the attack in about half (used to be you could rack up tons of damage while they sat there useless, shooting lasers), and the lasers themselves were powered up. More knockback, and more damage.

cupoflifenoodles

Smash Rookie
The funny thing about Boss Battles is I do better with characters I don't normally play. I beat intense with Diddy Kong and Very Hard with Luigi which is just out of place.

Kabuto Mushi

Smash Journeyman
The bosses I have trouble with:

Rayquaza: Any tips on how to beat with fox? I'd try my lazer-spam tactic, but he always switches sides or speeds up or something.

Ridley: (At later levels, 7-8th boss fight) I have trouble predicting his moves. Sounds dumb, so I must be doing something wrong. He has a big "I'm GOING TO ATTTACK BLAARG" tell, but I dunno which one he'll use. =\

TakDragon7

Smash Lord
Heatwave City, where air conditioners dont do jack
Obviously you've never been hit by the lasers. >_>

Way back when I hadn't beat it yet, I had Master Hand as the 9th boss. I was doing so great. I had no hearts left for Tabuu, but hey, it's Master Hand. =P

I slipped up, got hit by one teeny weeny laser. This pushes you out into the other lasers, and then they ALL start hitting you, giving you about 80%.

Ugh...I hate that move. Not as much as the drill though. Haven't dodged the drill a single time.
Sheesh. I HATE the drill. lolz I managed to dodge it when I was Sonic cuz I was running. Um...I haven't been hit by them yet. Maybe it's because I'm that dang good. =D

Eh...

The lasers in Melee, those were a complete joke.

Brawl's lasers, though...the attack was improved. They cut the time they do the attack in about half (used to be you could rack up tons of damage while they sat there useless, shooting lasers), and the lasers themselves were powered up. More knockback, and more damage.
Whoa. That's pretty crazy. That's one of the reasons to stay out of the way of teh lasers.

G-Beast

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4442-0111-1914
Taboo is all about dodging. Only moves I have a problem with are the lasso (activates so quickly once he decides to use it), the gold cage (hard to jump over it, afraid to try and dodge), and his explosion teleportation. This ******* has cost me every try I make on Very Hard mode because of that ****ed lasso.
i know this was an early post but all you need to do is to roll/sidestep(shield+down) to dodge the cage

but otherwise ive beaten this on intense with Lucario, often abusing DT and AS from a distance, but i did it... Dair is extremely useful, but all i did to tabuu was AS at full power and occasionally doing a Dair or Uair to get rid of the deminishing return on attack damage

petycash

Smash Rookie
I've done it as toon link, his dair works wonders to just bounce on top of most of the bosses. This doesn't work all the time and takes alot of practice to know when you can without getting hit, but overall it's the most effective strategy I've found for Boss Battles on Intense.

ArcticStoneage

Smash Rookie
WOW, INCREDIBLE!!!

I didnt see many Lucas strategies here so ill explain what helped me.

First, Lucas can absorb anything that Duon shoots that is purple (not the blue lasers). He can also absorb Master Hands missile. If these two bosses arent faced sequentially and neither appear as the first boss, they can pretty much be as good as a heart.

Another Duon strategy is when he shoots his missile, jump over him like you normally would so that he bombs himself, and then hit yourself back into him with PK thunder. He'll lose a ton of health.

Also, to avoid meta Ridleys small fireballs, jump up and then PK thunder yourself straight up.

Porky is still a bast*rd, and it sucks more if he kills you as Lucas cuz he's from Earthbound.

Ive only beat this on intense once and I dont think Ill try it again. It took me like 100 tries, so whatever strategy you pick it's gonna suck no matter what!

doodmahn

Smash Journeyman
I'd say Lucas's ^B is the way to go. Don't just hit them with the attack, hit yourself into them. This is also how I got 10 kills in Cruel Brawl. (BTW, I only tried this on Normal, which I can't beat because I suck.)

Wolf-Link

Smash Rookie
Boss Battles intense is a bomb.. i haven't beat it.. my best character is link.. but link is obviously TOO slow for some bosses.. so i use fox.. i spam the blaster at times... (yeah i get really noobish some times) i also do a lot of fire fox.. it works.. but i always beat rayquaza porkey both ridley versions... petty... EVERYONE.. except god ****ed tabuu.. he just has too many finishers.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I lost, and then got to Tabuu again on the next two tries. I finally beat him on the third one!!!

And I changed my last post to a strategy
Congratulations!

Had I given you a strategy before you got to Tabuu and took a break, I would've suggested that you just keep going straight. Taking a break seems like a good idea, but at least in my case, it messed me up. I was shaking out of nervousness before Tabuu, so I took a break to try and settle down. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, I was totally zoned out of the battle and did pretty awfully...fortunately, the next time, I got straight to Tabuu and beat it.

But you beat it afterwards anyways, so that's great!

I feel sort of obligated to try Boss Battles on Intense again...I actually haven't played it on Intense since. Plus, I beat it with Fox and he's kind of...well, he's widely considered the best one so I feel sort of like I took the easy way out...which may not be true, but it feels like it to me.

I may try out those Lucas strategies, so thanks for suggesting them!

degreekelvin

Smash Rookie
I beat this with Lucas after watching those youtube videos of someone else doing it with him. It took several several tries for me to learn the boss patterns, and then after that it took about 10 runs against tabuu to get the spot dodge timing down. After that, the trophy was mine!

My chief complaint with Lucas was that the fight with Tabuu took a long time. I don't know if I was just using the wrong moves or what, but the damage just seemed to take forever to rack up. I ended up dodging the RRoD THREE times in the final run (that's dodging a total of 9 rings) because it took me so long to kill him.

How I didn't have a heart attack, I'll never know.

ArcticStoneage

Smash Rookie
Had I given you a strategy before you got to Tabuu and took a break, I would've suggested that you just keep going straight. Taking a break seems like a good idea, but at least in my case, it messed me up. I was shaking out of nervousness before Tabuu, so I took a break to try and settle down. Unfortunately, for whatever reason, I was totally zoned out of the battle and did pretty awfully...fortunately, the next time, I got straight to Tabuu and beat it.

But you beat it afterwards anyways, so that's great!

I feel sort of obligated to try Boss Battles on Intense again...I actually haven't played it on Intense since. Plus, I beat it with Fox and he's kind of...well, he's widely considered the best one so I feel sort of like I took the easy way out...which may not be true, but it feels like it to me.

I may try out those Lucas strategies, so thanks for suggesting them!
Yea I think that taking a break messed me up too, I was seriously shaking with nerves as well and got hit with the first RRoD. And I would consider using Lucas as an easy way out too, but it really doesnt matter because it is boss battles on INTENSE that were talking about.

Either way, I would definitely suggest trying it with Lucas
Good luck!

SirKibble

Smash Champion
The only character I was able to (finally) beat Boss Battles on Intense with was Toon Link. He packs enough punch, and is light enough to be able to jump attacks easily. You just have to be careful to not get hit hardly at all. Plus, he's got some real effective and quick air moves, so that helped a lot.

My favorite part is that I can say I've beaten every boss without taking any damage. I didn't do it all in one shot, but between all the times I tried Intense, I beat every boss on Intense at least once without taking damage. Yes, even Tabuu. The time I did it I took no damage on Master Hand, Crazy Hand, Petey, Rayquaza, Meta Ridley, Galleam, and Tabuu.

I almost always take some damage against Ridley, he just doesn't give enough warning before some of his attacks. With Duon, it just depends if I'm ready for certain attacks (the triple-laser) when they come. And if he shoots the missiles, I usually sacrifice some damage to get them to hit him. With Porky, it's a totally all-or-nothing deal. I just hover over him, repeatedly using Toon Link's down-air move, which works wonders unless he does the electro-laser move, in which case I can expect at least 30% damage. Touching the ball on top of him...not fun.

So after a bazillion tries, I finally got it. Felt pretty good about myself. :)

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Yea I think that taking a break messed me up too, I was seriously shaking with nerves as well and got hit with the first RRoD. And I would consider using Lucas as an easy way out too, but it really doesnt matter because it is boss battles on INTENSE that were talking about.

Either way, I would definitely suggest trying it with Lucas
Good luck!
Well yeah, most of the characters people use would probably be considered "good" for Boss Battles. But from what I've heard, 90% of people beat it with Fox, so I feel like I just conformed to whatever everyone else did.

The reason Charizard actually isn't so bad is because, while his strategy is obvious, I've heard few people saying they actually BEAT IT with Charizard. I myself was able to get to Tabuu, then lost; part of this is probably because Charizard's best strategy is pretty much thrown out the window once you get to Tabuu.

But yeah, I'll definitely try it with Lucas, maybe I'll try with Ness again, too.
Thanks!

lord_luigi

Smash Cadet
First time I got to Tabuu in Boss Battles Intense I beat him. :D

But really, I was at 0%, he only sent the RROD once and I survived. He got me with the several-slashes attack towards the end, which got me to 163% damage, but I avoided the one with actual knockback. Very carefully, I went in for the kill with his remaining HP.

Oh, and I was playing as Charizard, who (which takes twice as long to master) once mastered, is definitely the best character for Boss Battles Intense in my opinion.

Top Bottom