• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Boss Battles on Intense discussion.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I have a few tips for the Fox users.

Rayquaza: Keep your distance from Rayquaza if possible. After it uses its Iron Tail, that's your chance to strike. Also, use the Reflector to repel Dragon Pulse. Thunder is mainly a nuisance than a deep threat.

Galleom: Keep your distance from him until he fires his missiles. He'll be wide open to your direct attacks at that time. Also, try to time your sidestep dodges right when he starts pounding the ground.

Duon: Keep away from the sword side, but you can directly attack the gun side if possible. When the gun side fires its blasters, the Reflector should easily repel those blasts right back. Also, try to lure the missiles right back at Duon, but be aware that they can hurt you real bad if they hit you.

Meta Ridley: He's too easy, even on Intense. When he starts to fire pyro balls at you, use the Reflector to send those blasts right back, dealing heavy damage.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I took the two advices from you guys and it helped! I guess I was a bit impatient, thanks a lot! It definitely increased my chances of getting to Tabuu. :bee:

And now I officially and I am proud to say that I've beaten the hell mode using Fox! Boy, I think I've played it 50+ times. It does help to notice the boss' tactics and patterns. I wonder what else Sakurai has in store for us in the "next Smash game". I'm happy now, to get the mode finished.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_u02CJjY18&fmt=18
Congratulations!

Still working on it...I wasn't able to play the past two days, so I'm a little behind on practicing. It's like I started trying Boss Battles on Intense from the very beginning now...:ohwell:

I'm tempted to switch characters--in fact, I may do just that now, just to test to see if I can do better with some other characters.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD!!!

I tried out Charizard on a whim, and after only a few tries, I made it to Tabuu!!!

Then I got killed by his RRoD.

Freakin' shakiness, I was so nervous! I nailed the timing perfectly while I practiced, and then when it actually matters I screw up.

Well, I found who I'm going to try with uberly now. Thank God for Charizard.

EDIT: Wow, I'm about to shoot someone. After testing out a rumor I heard, I found that, with the right timing, Down B completely skips RRoD. All I had to do was that and I would've been fine. Oh well, live and learn, I s'pose.

EDIT #2: Well, I knew this would happen. Now that I made it so far in such a short amount of time, I can now not make it very far at all anymore. Going to have to try it again tomorrow, maybe my luck will improve.

pyrotek7x7

Smash Ace
For me, the hardest part of Tabuu is when he stands still and shoots out several "himselves" at you. I'm not really sure how to dodge that.

All other moves, even the off waves (which haven't hit me in the past 3 weeks), are VERY easy to dodge.

GETTING to Tabuu is the hardest part.

EDIT: @FirustheHedgehog: Charizard was my first try at Intense. I used him for hours and hours worth of tries, but I just couldn't do it. When I switched to Metaknight, I did it third try.

If you haven't tried Metaknight yet, I suggest you do. But from what I've seen in this thread, different characters work better for different people. Charizard, Fox, Metaknight, Lucas, Toon Link, Marth...take your pick.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
EDIT: @FirustheHedgehog: Charizard was my first try at Intense. I used him for hours and hours worth of tries, but I just couldn't do it. When I switched to Metaknight, I did it third try.

If you haven't tried Metaknight yet, I suggest you do. But from what I've seen in this thread, different characters work better for different people. Charizard, Fox, Metaknight, Lucas, Toon Link, Marth...take your pick.
Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, I have tried Meta Knight (spamming nair) and I really don't do well with him. I suppose I just need to incorporate more strategy into what I do, it's just really hard to be constantly doing nair and at the same time dodging the attacks for me; I don't know why, it's just difficult for me. I'll keep giving him a try, though. Your encouraging words (that it took you three tries) have inspired me.

Newuser12345215

Smash Journeyman
I thought it was just a coincidence, but other people seem to notice it as well. It took me a while to catch on to it actually, but once I played Meta-Ridley on one of the first fights, then got to him on one of the last, I realized he did seem to attack a lot faster.

They really did make intense mode intense. I hate missing my sidesteps when I get to Tabuu after all the work getting to him (managed to do it on very hard though, so I'll get it again eventually).
That does happen.

The later bosses start to become more and more aggressive.

Urb

Smash Journeyman
That does happen.

The later bosses start to become more and more aggressive.
Yeah, I have figured out the moves/strategies of all the bosses EXCEPT for freakin' Galleom! HE HAS NO STYLE! In hard or lower, he is slow and easy, but on intense, he randomly flails and jumps around using his incredibly cheap/strong atks! Even on a good day he can easily do like 40% damage! AND ALL OF HIS ATKS HAVE INSANE RANGE AND KNOCK BACK! GAAAAHHHH! I always fight him as the 9th anf either get killed even at a 0% start, or get by to Tabuu with 25%-50% damage, who then proceeds to use his bracket atk to kill me in one hit.

yeesh!

Urb

Smash Journeyman
He is very predictable, the only problem is dodging attacks like the cage, the whip, and the RRoD perfectly when you're very nervous, shaky, and shocked that you've made it so far on Intense. Actually, the only one actually difficult to dodge is the RRoD, because it's 3 dodges in a row and being a millisecond off means certain death.

I actually haven't found Porky to be that hard, he's difficult, but more because he racks up damage than killing. Most of Tabuu's moves, on the other hand, kill. Who do you use? Maybe that's why you've found him more difficult.
I agree completely, but one time I fraught the T-man (Tabuu) on very hard after beating intense to see how easy it was, and I got hit by his RRoD! BUT I SURVIVED WITH JUST TAKING 80% DAMAGE! It would ssem that the further you are from Tabuu, the less knock back it has?

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Yeah, I have figured out the moves/strategies of all the bosses EXCEPT for freakin' Galleom! HE HAS NO STYLE! In hard or lower, he is slow and easy, but on intense, he randomly flails and jumps around using his incredibly cheap/strong atks! Even on a good day he can easily do like 40% damage! AND ALL OF HIS ATKS HAVE INSANE RANGE AND KNOCK BACK! GAAAAHHHH! I always fight him as the 9th anf either get killed even at a 0% start, or get by to Tabuu with 25%-50% damage, who then proceeds to use his bracket atk to kill me in one hit.

yeesh!
I know! That's part of the reason Galleom is so random with me. Sometimes I manage to go all the way through the battle with 0%, other times he'll rack up 100% on me! His attacks are so unpredictable. Bosses like Rayquaza give such a warning before their attacks, but Galleom has one attack that's really easy to see coming, and even that one can be three different ones (the one where he crouches down, he can do the uber jump, the multiple jumps, or spin).

As for getting him last, I suggest resetting until you get him first. I haven't gotten him that late yet, but if it's that frequent, that's a solution.

Keltzon

Smash Cadet
Galleom is pretty easy for me, actually, though I used Fox for this. Anyone with a ranged attack should use it, stay as far away from him as possible. The only time you should move in is when he fires his 4 missles, two rounds, on you. He can't hit you when you're right next to him in that situation. Also, when you are away from him, he will never do his OHKO uppercut.

Dodge-rolling is extremely useful against Galleom. Anytime he stomps, whether its three times or one, you can doge-roll and not get hit. The spin, you should NEVER get hit by. When he transforms and rushes forward, if you don't have the timing quite right yet, it's easiest to jump air-dodge. Otherwise, two jumps will do it (or one if you have a character like Falco who's first jump is high).

The hardest move to dodge in his arsenal is when he transforms and shoots multiple missles. With Fox, I found it easiest to double jump until I'm in the middle of the screen, then Fox-Fire either left or right, towards Galleom. I'm pretty sure if you time it right with any character, you can dodge the missles simply with height. But you have to fast-fall afterwards, because Galleom will be preparing his next attack almost immediately after he transforms back. Floating characters should also have no problem with this move.

That's about all I can give as advice against Galleom. For my credit, I beat Intense Mode with no hearts, using Fox (I have a thread showing it). Good luck guys.

neji32

Smash Lord
I finally beat it. With rayquaza 8th and galleom 9th
FOR FOX USERS

Galleom- When the game first starts, immidiately spam lasers. He always starts a muliple jump. Jump twice and as soon as he hits the ground close to you, fox illusion. you will be next to him and have dodged his attack, Give him an Up air(if hes just turning around give him 2) and back up. shoot some lasers again. If he turns into a tank, jump twice air dodge then you will have enough time to give him 2 up airs and back away.
If he backs up sorta, STAY AWAY FROM HIM. He will do an uppercut, DO NOT ATTACK after his uppercut you really dont have time. After his uppercut, he goes almost instantly into his next attack. It will most likely be a large jump(or a stomp with one foot if your close to him) just double jump air dodge(DjAd).
If he spins, run to him and up air him.(2 if hes close to the 1st bost you fight). If galeom stands straight up, BACK UP, OR YOU WILL BE CRUSHED BY HIS FALLING BODY. Then dash to him and Up smash him, as hes standing up Up air him(2 if your lucky) If his health is low(little under half way) and he goes tank mode, DjAd then run forward(cause him come from the sky) and give him 2 up airs

Up airs are quick and powerful thats why they should mostly be used. Galleom simply takes time so don't rush through him.

EDIT: I got Galleom 8th and rayquaza 7th, I remember I had got Crazy hand 9th.He's so easy.

AmigoOne

Smash Journeyman
I just beat it yesterday. After trying Lucas, Pit, Snake, Link, Zelda, Ike, Marth, Ivysaur, metaknight, Fox... I seriously feel that nothing else gets the job done better than Charizard.
Foward B. Major damage. Finishes the boss quicker, less damage to take, less risks of dodging, less time taken. Whats not to like?
However, is this only when you already know all of the bosses and how they move on intense. I constantly used fox due to the easiness of laser spamming, and good damaging aerials. I found myself getting bored, taking every opportunity to attack I get ( no matter how bad it ends up) and trying to chip in more damage trying to finish up the boss since I just want to move on after trying again and again. Usually ending up with me not accounting the ending lag and getting hit. That plus Fox is one of the lightest characters in game, easy knockout.
Charizard is heavy, and can glide, that increases his chances of survival. But he's heavy, and is not that mobile or fast, and will hinder his chances greatly. Surprisingly, that is false. Air mobility is superior since he has multiple jumps, making it easier to stay in the air to dodge an attack if you timed it wrong. Plus, Charizards sprint speed is relatively fast for his weight, his rolls are also fast. They both are good enough to dodge most attacks (something like master hands drill attack youll have to find another way than to spring or airdodge)
Anyway, other tips

Rayquaza, the one that can take so much more hits its ****ing dumb.
Character's like Fox's infinite A combo do wonders on it. For everyone else, most Fsmashes works better than aerials.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Please, everyone watching perfect intense speed runs on youtube, check first to see if the guy's name is fairuzons. (He made the metaknight video one of you guys pointed out.) All his videos are fake.

Watch the damage meter and how kirby gets set on fire in the Duan battle:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sa5nSF8Czv4&feature=related

Also, just read some of the comments.
Thank you for pointing this out, I'll be sure not to trust his videos. I don't understand people who do this sort of junk. If you want to be respected, hacking isn't going to gain you any of it, because people will find out.

YoungMoney702

Smash Cadet
i've been trying to beat it with Charizard, I mean his forward special is strong but I just plain suck dodging their attacks. Then it leads to me getting damaged a lot, waisting heart containers and eventually GAME OVER

S2

Smash Lord
Fox is probably the easiest character. If only by a small margin.

While he doesn't have as damaging of attacks as say, IC or Charizard's rocksmash...his lasers make it so that he can safely attack certain troublesome bosses (Duon) while risking very little.

Plus, he's fast and has good aerials which makes him good when you do finally get to Tabuu. As long as you can avoid the red rings of death, that battle will be easy.

I'm still debating whether I want to go through and play boss battles with every on intense. I'm doing intense for all my classic and all-star trophies... oh well, I dunno how hardcore I am about this.

renshai117

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, I have tried Meta Knight (spamming nair) and I really don't do well with him. I suppose I just need to incorporate more strategy into what I do, it's just really hard to be constantly doing nair and at the same time dodging the attacks for me; I don't know why, it's just difficult for me. I'll keep giving him a try, though. Your encouraging words (that it took you three tries) have inspired me.
It's all about patients. You have to only attack when you know you won't get punished for it, because these guys take that word to a whole new level. Just play the character you are most comfortable with...or fox. I don't like fox, but he is quick and strong enough to do this challenge, and that laser doesn't hurt.

EVERYONE: Don't work your way UP to Intense, start there and work down. Learning the bosses on an easier difficulty won't help you. I personally took about a week to get it on intense, then I went down to very hard and got it on the FIRST TRY. Once you can do it on intense, the rest will just fall into place.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
The best character i found to use was fox and these are my statagies.

Gallom: Just run away and spamm his laser, the only attcks he'll use when ur far from him are his rockets, jumping, and tank form. For the missles dash towards him and start attacking, for the jumping again run to him double jump and air dodge as he falls down, then for the rank well just jump.

Duon: Stay away from the Blue side, if comes after u with his annpying three slashes run of the edge and recover, when the purple side faces you use the reflect or to boce those purple shots, jump behind him if he shoots the missles, bcuz if they hit him they do a lot of damage, the only thing to watch out for is for the three lasers. spam laser

Meta ridley: Easy you can 0-death him easily all you have to do is double jump, air dodge or reflect.when he leaves the screen this will dodge all of his attacks if you are right by his face when he shoots fireballs you can reflect them all to do major damage. Note you CANNOT reflect the huge fireball he shoots

Ridley: the only tip i have for u is play defence, wait till he attacks dodge then attack once with uair, then repeat

Rayquazza: This one can vary depending if you meet him early or late, if you meet him like 8th or 9th, have fun bcuz he attacks with little delay between attacks, however this is just like ridley wait for him to attack then go all out. To dodge the annoying spinning electric thing use your shield and ley go as it is about to break you'll suffer 2% damage however its a small price to pay oppose to having a broken shield.

Porky: Ican't help u bcuz he always hurts me, all i do is use a heart after his battle

Crazy, Master hand: I pity u if you can't beat them by now

Pirranha: same as above.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
YES!!! I DID IT!!!!

I used :dk: to beat it. My life is complete. Beat it in 6:03, no strategies, just fighting as hard as I could :laugh:

down B on grounded bosses, bair/uair spam on airborne bosses. up B if necessary

Prax

Smash Journeyman
If I had a really easy time on Very hard (as in, did it first try, 1 heart) I should be able to do Intense right? I used laser spam on Duon and Gallom, and fair/uair on the others, dodging most of the attacks. I actually killed both Duon and Porky with no damage done to me. The only things I got hit by were Raquaza's thunder and Gallom's missiles (I got careless).

I'm about to try intense, how do you think I will do based on what I just told you?

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
It's all about patients. You have to only attack when you know you won't get punished for it, because these guys take that word to a whole new level. Just play the character you are most comfortable with...or fox. I don't like fox, but he is quick and strong enough to do this challenge, and that laser doesn't hurt.
Patience is a virtue. And it's also a virtue I lack. :laugh:

The problem is, when I do characters like Charizard, I just don't have the patience to wait. I can, but eventually I just say "Screw it, let me go for it." Usually that's not what messes me up though, it's the stupid mistakes like dodging at just the wrong time.

As for characters, I haven't gotten far using my best character. I have to say that your best character in Brawls is most likely not the best for Boss Battles.

What I'm doing right now is switching between Charizard and Fox every couple of matches. I've gotten far with both, and if I switch, I won't get bored and get lazy.

Slike

Smash Cadet
I've constructed a ness guide because I'm bored.

Porky: If you don't get him first, RESTART. He's hard enough, and can even kill you if he's the first one on the line. His attacks are extremely difficult to dodge as Ness.

Rayquaza: Try to get him early on as well. He has alot of hp, and later on, his attacks almost never stop going on. Note the giant fireballs do NOT get absorbed by PSI shield. Despite what sukurai says, stay ON THE GROUND when fighting rayquaza. Rayqauza just works like if you're in the air, you'll fall on the ground by the time he's using an attack. When he's about to attack, that's your cue to take the air and spam Fair.

Meta Ridley: It doesn't matter if you enter this fight with zero damage. Just try to get him early on. YOU CANNOT USE PSI SHIELD ON THE FIRE BALLS. But the fire balls are a threat, and the only threat in the battle.

Duon: Try to get this bugger after porky/rayquaza. I think you get the point. But blue lazors and missiles won't be absorbed, and the sword side is just afew air dodges to victory. He always starts with an attack that's odd. Run up to him, then Roll away, and you'll barely miss being hit by a combo of blades.

The others are jokes, but remember to air dodge. And BEWARE of the twiddly finger attack from the hands. Tabuu is a joke to me, so I don't think a guide should be made.

renshai117

Smash Cadet
Patience is a virtue. And it's also a virtue I lack. :laugh:

The problem is, when I do characters like Charizard, I just don't have the patience to wait. I can, but eventually I just say "Screw it, let me go for it." Usually that's not what messes me up though, it's the stupid mistakes like dodging at just the wrong time.
Yea, that is the problem. When you finally get it, it will all be worth it though. I did the same thing you are doing, but I tried meta knight occasionally too. I only ever got 7 with charizard but fox ultimately won the day. Have you made it to tabuu yet? When he kills you it's a heartbreaker. :urg:

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Yea, that is the problem. When you finally get it, it will all be worth it though. I did the same thing you are doing, but I tried meta knight occasionally too. I only ever got 7 with charizard but fox ultimately won the day. Have you made it to tabuu yet? When he kills you it's a heartbreaker. :urg:
Once. With Charizard. His RRoD killed me because I was so nervous, and afterwards I realized Pokemon Change would've skipped all three had it been timed right. I haven't reached him since.

So far, I've gotten...7, I think, with Fox. Then again, I've only tried as him a couple of times.

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
I've gotten back to doing boss battles, after I exploded last week. I have started trying metaknight, and I got 8 with him, and died on the last boss before tabuu. It seems as if this is how it goes:

The hands, petey, and the ridleys are all easy. If I take any damage from one of them, I will restart unless I'm doing very good on that run. I never get hit by them.

The hard bosses are porkey and duon. They are evil no matter what character you use, and I always go into a battle with them expecting at least 40% from each. They are extreamly tough to get through untouched. I just try to survive through these two.

Then, there are rayquaza and galleom. They are the medium bosses, and they're actually the problem. I can always get through the 5 easy guys, and I can make it past duon and porkey by using hearts, but these two always kill me. I always make a slip-up on one or the other, and that's the main problem.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Argh...Porky is so annoying! He keeps starting up his orange laser just before the battle ends. I, being Fox, spam his laser to finish it up before he does it so I don't have to dodge, or risk getting hit. Then, THE BATTLE ENDS, PORKY'S DEAD, and the laser hits me. Somehow, even though Porky is dead. It's SO obnoxious!

EDIT: Oh yeah, has anyone found an effective strategy to dodge the Hand's drilling attack? I'm working with Fox right now, if you have a specific strategy for him.

EDIT: YES!!! YES!!!! I got to Tabuu once with Fox, and I took a break before I fought Tabuu to calm down, since my nervousness got the best of me last time. For whatever reason, this seemed to make me totally zone out and I did horribly. I got hit by the whip, the fish-like attack, and finally the attack where the 5 spots sparkle and then explode. That killed me.
Then, I got right back up on the horse and tried again. I excelled, I didn't even use all three Heart Containers (used two). And I beat him. The RRoD didn't stand a chance against me. I even took a picture of the Congratulations Screen (I'm not obsessive or anything...^_^; ) which I'll upload later, just in case you care. My time was sort of awful, 9:04, but hey, I finally finished, so I can move on with my life. And I'm pretty sure I beat it before my friend did, who usually rubs stuff like this in my face. So I'll have to rub it in his face.

EDIT: The picture is here. Yes, it's very bad quality, and you probably don't care about the picture anyways, but I took it so I figured I might as well post it.

Also, now I'm trying to do Boss Battles with everyone (I figure it'll be easy considering I just beat Intense, and I'm doing it on Easy), and wow...it's almost harder on Easy, because I'm timing my dodges for the fast attacks of Intense, and it's too early so I get hit.

Just A Gamer

Smash Cadet
Generally, when it comes to the drill, your best bet is to start running and do a rolling dodge away at the last second. It requires tough timing, but possible.

Also: A little late to be writing this, but on Duon's blue side, when he comes at you with the three slashes, just do a backward dodge. All three attacks will miss.

My problem (besides tabuu's screen nuke) always seemed to be Rayquaza. Fox's blaster wasn't very effective. (pun not intended) and he had a few attacks I always had a few problems dodging. Is there any way to get out of the turning to a circle and zapping you move?

TriforceCore

Smash Apprentice
I recently beat it with Marth, Tip upsmash,and counter for those large area atks and shieldbreaker for recovery!!!!!! seriously I was on Tabuu and he did the yellow lock on thing I was sent flying so I franticly(spelled wrong) held B and I made it like completely under the ledge and Up B and Di up to give that small *** boost and shazam! I paused and did a little dance XD then gave a whoo hoo when I beat it

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
My problem (besides tabuu's screen nuke) always seemed to be Rayquaza. Fox's blaster wasn't very effective. (pun not intended) and he had a few attacks I always had a few problems dodging. Is there any way to get out of the turning to a circle and zapping you move?
Yeah, Fox's Blaster isn't very effective because Rayquaza's HP is nearly endless...I'm pretty sure he has the most HP of any boss. I suggest going up to him and attacking up close. I'm pretty sure you can fit in two aerials and retreat in time to escape an attack. For aerials, I suggest fair, uair, and dair, though there's nothing wrong with the others either.

As for the Thunder attack, I've found that the most effective way is to roll to the side. If you time it right, you'll dodge the attack completely. An air dodge works okay, but you'll still get 5-10% from the attack.

the_sliver

Smash Rookie
I beat it and celebrated a lot :)

I did it with wolf (not even my main). I think wolf and fox are the easiest to do it with as their reflectors make quick work out of Master Hand (when he shoots... but he's easy so you don't even have to rely on this), Duon (when the pink side is about to shoot tons of lasers, hit the reflector and come in close) and especially meta ridley (get near the back of the ship and hit the reflector). It also provides a decent defense against Rayquaza for one of his moves.

For everyone else, it's either U-air or B-air spamming if they fly or spam down on the c-stick (hits twice for good damage) if they're on the ground.

Memorize the boss moves, practice dodging like a madman and you will eventually (after much practice) emerge victorious!

dingadergen

Smash Rookie
Ok, I finally beat it on intense. WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. YESSSSSS!!!!!!!. Ok, the fits over.
I beat it with Toon Link. It was kind of easy after devoting two full weekends to it. Tons of trials but I finally did it.
Two pieces of advice,
1. If you really want to beat it, your going to have to be prepared for countless failures and tears. Don't expect it to be just a little harder than very hard and that youll beat it in like 5 tries. No it is much harder and you are going to have to learn to dodge all the attacks.(That last part comes naturally, just play over and over)
2. This one applies specifically to Toon Link. All you do is keep spamming his down aerial A. Especially porky. This one, you dont even have to touch the ground twice. Just jump up to his top and start spamming. You can do the same on the rest of the bosses, but I have special strategies for each.

Rayquaza-Aim for his neck just below his head and you can dodge some of the attacks automatically. If he does his lighting attack, just hope for the best. I couldn't dodge it no matter what I did.

Porky-see above

Ridley- Down aerials dont work on this guy. Just use foward aerials and up aerials to finish him off.

Meta-Ridley- None of his attacks should be a problem. Except for 2. When he shoots his small little blasts, just try to be toward the back of the ship when he does it. And the one where he grabs onto the edge of the ship and drags it down. If your caught in the middle of your recovery move when he does this, dont try to hit him off. You wont have enough time, trust me.

Duon- Down aerials are a no-no with this one too. Stay to his front side, dont end up behind him and use those aerials! Always keep a medium distance in case he dishes out his spinning attack. With the projectiles you just have to be lucky and dodge.

Petey- No down aerials with this either. Just use his other aerials and be patient. Strike right before he swings a cage and youll be down in time for the next swing. If he starts preparing to jump then stay where you are and air dodge it.

Galleom- If you learn to dodge all this guys attacks, and keep a medium distance, then defeating him will be a cakewalk. No down aerials, remember that.

Master Hand/Crazy Hand- None of these attacks should be too hard to dodge except for one. When they start to do the spinning hand attack you have to be on the ground. Quickly double jump to the side and air dodge right when he comes down. So then youll have dodged it and be a little ways from him at the same time.

Tabuu- Okay if you reached this point, consider yourself a smash master. You've done it. But don't get too cocky, you still have to dodge those red rings of his. Just get the timing down right and its over with. I got it in one try, but I think I was just lucky. And when Tabuu takes out his chain, you have to react fast and air dodge it. Other than that, this guy's attacks are pretty slow and easy to distinguish from on another.

Good Luck!

pyrotek7x7

Smash Ace
Excellent guide, dingadergen. However, when Toon Link couldn't use his dair properly, I found the bair to work WONDERS.

Good in vs. mode, good in boss battles. It can be a little hard to attack backwards, though.

dingadergen

Smash Rookie
Yea I forgot to mention bairs but whatev. By the way thanks pyrotek7x7!

If anyone posts a "YES I FINALLY BEAT IT" post, then plz mention me if you used my guide. Thx :)

Mobious

Smash Rookie
I know a lot of people say Lucario isn't the best character for boss battles, but I've been using him since I unlocked him and have been doing pretty well on intense mode. Double team coupled with Lucario's in-air down-A move deal the most damage possible while avoiding a lot of fatal attacks and dealing damage instead. It does work, but not the way I expect it to. After 20 or so losses in a row, I started keeping track of some stats, and here's what I've come up with:

Of the past 120 attempts, every single boss is at a dead tie of ~13 deaths. However, what I have noticed is that each time I've died (except for Petey, that's just inexcusable) the boss executes a move that they normally never put into play. For example:

-Duon when he charges consecutively one right after the other, leaving you no time to get over him.

-Porky when some part of his body happens to deal 30% damage to you for no apparent reason (or when he spits out little porkys and then goes airborn to do his lazer attack, it's basically an instant death for me, cuz there's nowhere to go),.

-Mecha Ridley when he sits on the aft of the spaceship and shoots fireballs (I usually get killed when I'm trying to knock him off and he doesn't fall off and I get hit with the fireball), when he shoots across the top of the ship with his claws dealing a good 50% damage if you're not looking, or when you go to attack him when he moves forward, and while you're falling back from attacking he flys up and drops the ship really fast (used to kill me, but I've figure out a way around it).

-Ridley when he does that weird loopdy-loop slash attack that is 9 times outta 10 completely unpredictable.

-Galleom when he goes into tank form and rushes you, then decides to drop from the ceiling rather than his usual appearance form the side of the screen.

-Rayquaza when he uses that weird thunderwave technique (I don't know what the real name is for it), but even if I dodge or double team, it still manages to hit me every time.

-Master Hand and Crazy Hand with their sweep attack, or that annoying spin attack that is basically instant (if you get hit by the initial spin, you're pretty much end up taking the full brunt of the attack which is a good 50% damage at least).

-Petey is honestly so easy it's disgusting. I only die when I'm messing around trying to find faster ways to kill him.

As for Tabuu, I haven't even gotten up to him yet.

The weirdest part is that this only happens when I've used a heart. If I go through 6 bosses without a heart it's almost trivial, but once I grab the first heart container (usually only do for Porky or Duon), the bosses go all-out. I think Nintendo really wanted to make beating Boss Battles on intense more an elite-status thing more than just another challenge.

-Mobious-

Top Bottom