• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Boss Battles on Intense discussion.

Kookie

Smash Apprentice
Wow, I could barely beat Boss Battles on Normal. XD

I'll put on my flame shield now.

cot(θ)

Smash Journeyman
I've beaten it on intense with Fox without using any heart containers. I have it recorded on DVD, so if anyone wants to tell me how to put a DVD file on youtube, I'll gladly post it.

Vv2

Smash Apprentice
I working on it with jigs shes pretty good ALL air spam as fast as you can i usually mess up at boss 8 or 9 and get her shield broken...an we alll no what that means to jiggs sigh...i h8 you sakura

giantpune

Smash Cadet
Christ on a stick, this challenge is getting really annoying. I've tried everything... fox, charizard, sheik. I can beat all of the bosses with zero damage, just not 10 of them in a row. Even when I make it to tabbuu with extra heart containers, I still mess up on the rings of death. Does anybody want to come over to my house and beat this one for me? I'll make you dinner and buy you a case of beer!

------EDIT------
Nevermind about the dinner and beer. I finally got it. After about 2 weeks and a thousand tries. Fox did it for me. I just figured out that you can hit Down+B in the air and hold it 'till you land on the ground without it disappearing. I was used to SB64 where you had to hit it again once you landed. Wow, that one little thing made a HUGE difference in how I play my defense.

I wish they would have given me a cooler trophy though. Galleom as a tank.... Its about as interesting as a sweater vest. That "CONGRATULATIONS!" screen, now that was worth it. And the notices, "You collected all boss trophies from the subspace Emissary!" "You cleared boss battles on Intense Difficulty!", I will dream about those tonight.

DLO

Smash Journeyman
Well with Chari is pretty easy. Just spam >B. For me,the Off Waves are the easiest dodgeable attack of Tabuu.
With TLink and G&W too, just spam Uair and Nair

Cloud Cleaver

Smash Journeyman
Not TL's Dair?

What's more valuable to have, do you suppose? Fox's or Wolf's reflector, or Ness's/Lucas's PSI Magnet? One lets you turn the bosses' uber projectiles back on them, the other lets you heal yourself...

I'd be inclined to think the reflector would help more, since the PSI Magnet can only get some of the projectiles. Having extra health recovery IS a good thing, though.

pc25

Smash Rookie
I haven't beaten it yet but I have a good strategy : use marth and counter the bosses attacks (since its on intense they're really powerful and marth counters with the same power). kills some bosses in several hits
note-you have to have good timing

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
I found it ridiculously easy to beat with Lucas and Ness, although with Fox and Marth it was easy just because I main Marth and play Fox a lot. Falco should make it pretty easy as well. You just want to make sure your character has a way around projectiles and you're pretty much good to go from there, the only troubles are Porky and Tabuu really in my opinion.

Airwalkerr

Smash Journeyman
I've beaten Intesne... 3 times. :/ I used Marth for the first one, capitalizing on counter, falling shieldbreakers and airials. By far the easiest. Then I beat it with ZSS, whihc took a long time, using over+b, airials and up smash. And after like a week of painstaking effort, I beat it with my man, Captain falcon. I basically just knee'd, naird and ran, or Falcon kick up close for the airial transition, kneed and ran, or a flying Falcon punch, with a Falcon kick away. Tabbu is the only really hard one for me, due to his mass moves. And Galleom with falcon. He attacks at a rapid pace, leaving you little time to get THE **** OUT OF THERE between attacks.

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
I've died 4 times on Tabuu w/Kirby... two on rrod which I so avoided. I love using TL. Just spam his d-air on most bosses. This doesn't work for Petey, which I find really annoying because of how I don't want to gain any %. I wouldn't suggest this on Meta Ridley (duh), and Tabuu I haven't gotten to yet :(.

WILL PAY $ FOR COMPLETION

DaJib

Smash Rookie
For me Lucas was the best option, I actually beat it using only one heart, and that was just as a precaution before tabuu.

Most if it was with Nair and Dair, and I used Duon and Master Hand to heal, making sure I ended each of those with 0 percent. Porky I kept jumping over while Dair-ing until he started doing his million jab thing then I'd nail him with Dsmashes from the other side, Rayquazza and Tabuu forced me to focus more on dodging then hurting them which made the battle last a while, and I kept my distance from Galleom by pounding him with PK freezes. Nothing else gave me problems, only took like 5 or 6 tries. PK thunder was really useful at the end of boss fights to get the last hit in.

ExCeL 52

Smash Lord
Ya'll are funny .. I did it with peach it was hard..

All you gotta do is pick a cheap character for the Ocassion Like fox,pit,lucas,ness

yoshistrings

Smash Rookie
Charizard is HANDS-DOWN the best character for boss battles. Just spam rock smash. the only problem is that he's slow, and you can get KOd by a suprise attack from a fast boss. toon links standard arial and dair used together can really rack up the damage as well.

metaphysicist

Smash Cadet
I'm doing pretty well with Fox now. I can semi-consistently get to Tabuu, usually when I'm not too stingy with the hearts. I've even gotten Tabuu down to 1/3 health before succumbing to one of his dashing blade things. But usually I don't get that far because I don't time the dodges in that Death move consistently.

bangerra

Smash Rookie
Fox did it for me, Tabuu is pretty easy on intense lol, only boss i have problems with is Rayquaza

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I just did it the other day by using Meta Knight and spaming N-air, Tabuu was actually the easiest boss to defeat for me, now Duon and Rayquaza are hard.

Smash Rookie
I found that Marth is the easiest, just spam his counter for most of the bosses attacks. Except for lazahs and stuff. Then spam aerials and they'll go down fast. Especially if Rayquaza is the 9th or 8th boss to fight, then it really comes in handy.

Ange

Smash Lord
Duon got to be the most annoying boss ever. He always does his spin attack after Ive gotten behind him when he fire his MISSILES. Atleast when I do it with Marth and tries to get as little damage as possible, I guess he must really hate me.

Galleom and Rayquaza is pretty annoying if theyre one of the last you fight, so fast. q_p

PAL users are lucky, they can smash the Challenge window with a Golden Hammer if they really dont want to do Boss Battles on Intense. Although I didnt do it cause I had no idea where that window was AND I wanted to do the challenge on my own so yeah.

Funen1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Funen1
I first beat it with Charizard, after getting used to some of the more difficult bosses' move patterns. After that, I started using the Ice Climbers. Their D-smash is good for the ground bosses, and I can fit in 4 U-airs across two jumps (one regular then a midair jump) for the aerial bosses.

I've beaten it multiple times with the ICs, but the only thing I can do consistently with this is getting to Tabuu. Why not "beat Tabuu"? Off Waves, that's why. It's hitbox is just...strange. I still have trouble with that attack, especially since I have two Climbers to maintain (I can beat him without Nana, but I try to make both live anyway for obvious reasons).

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Hmm, since you're likely to die in one hit anyways, try Samus. She has no lag aerials and can get 4 aerials in the air before she lands again. Zair lets you hit bosses from farther away too.
Samus doesn't even do good outside of 1-P mode in general, so how is she going to be better than charizard or ice climbers?

lmntolp

Smash Apprentice
Charizard is great, but I actually used squirtle on porkey, tabuu, and rayquazza when I did this on intense. Withdraw lets you go through porkey's legs if you need to and it protects you from a lot of rayquazza's attacks while doing some damage. I also preferred having two big jumps instead of 3 small jumps because it helped me avoid ground-based attacks more quickly. Squirtle also has some nice, quick aerials.

NorrYtt

Smash Cadet
Finally beat it with Fox.

No boss seems to do the same move twice in a row (except Petey). Oftentimes I find myself "baiting" a move so that I can unload on the boss.

If you spam laser as the Galleom fight begins, seems like 95% of time he will lob air-to-ground missiles at you. So shoot just once or twice then dash forward (or ForwardB) and Usmash him a couple times (you'll get hurt if you jump and Uair his nose during his missles).

Duon just laser spam from 3/4 of the stage away. If he charges you, double jump + ForwardB over him (or UpB if you enjoy damage + lag). A jump, land, jump sequence will dodge the orb that shoots 3 homing lasers. It's best to rambo him to get his missiles to collide because of the absurd damage.

Rayquaza just get up close and Uair / Usmash. Being on the ground will bait a tailswipe (once per cycle) which makes for a couple safe Uairs (the tailswipe won't kill you if you get hit with the base of the tail instead of the tip). Jump towards the middle to reflector properly. Roll to the edge when you anticipate him moving elsewhere.

Porky can be lasered to death. He's got the most devastating attacks, IMO, and is the most dangerous boss sans Tabbuu.

MetaRidley can die to reflector if you quickly jump about an Fsmash distance in front of his mouth and hold DownB. You will float down and reflect 8 or so shots which is more than half his HP. If you just sit on the ship and DownB you reflect maybe 2 shots. If you're too close to MetaRidley's mouth then the reflected explosions will hurt you both and break your shine.

Sure, you can RockSmash with Charizard but the hard bosses that KO you are the problem, not killing the easy ones twice as fast. Fox seems best against the harder bosses. Seems weird there's no continue option in this mode.

I tried a little Marth and I can see how he'd be invincible if you simply DownB perfectly everytime. I was able to kill 3or so bosses on average which is very good on Intense since I never play Marth at all.

Hive Mind

Smash Journeyman
Meta Knight FTW. You have to play extremely conservative though, and space like hell. If you can predict what they'll do, like Rayquaza's tail swipe or Thunder attack, it is so much easier. It's like fighting competitively, except they're bigger. It's easy to take 0% from Rayquaza, Ridley, and Meta Ridley if you play this way.

Jonkku

Lacks pick-up lines.
PAL users are lucky, they can smash the Challenge window with a Golden Hammer if they really dont want to do Boss Battles on Intense. Although I didnt do it cause I had no idea where that window was AND I wanted to do the challenge on my own so yeah.
What?!

I'll probably hammer that.. So far the only thing I've used a hammer on was the "100-man brawl with all characters" challenge.. Didn't even want to try to clear that one normally. :p

Ange

Smash Lord
What?!

I'll probably hammer that.. So far the only thing I've used a hammer on was the "100-man brawl with all characters" challenge.. Didn't even want to try to clear that one normally. :p
Its true. :D Its somewhere around the left corner area, unless youve found it already. Otherwise, just search on the internet.

I have no hammers left to smash windows tho. :urg: I wonder if there is a code to get 3 free ones...

FrozenHarpie

Smash Rookie
I main Zelda...and really can't play very well with anybody else for the most part, and usually I can take down six or seven on the merits of FW and Lightning Kicks. But naturally, getting hit more than once is usually a wrap for that. I've never made it to Tabuu on Intense.

Top Bottom