• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Boss Battles on Intense discussion.

lmntolp

Smash Apprentice
Pokemon trainer was my first winner.. I actually used squirtle for tabuu and I think porky, because squirtle has higher, faster jumps and still does good dmg with aerials. I'm not very experienced with heavies
I also did it with ness and lucas (well placed pk flash and fk freeze really helped), IC (blizzard rocks), and kirby

rayquaza used to be really hard until I learned its attack pattern, now I can avoid the tail whip move almost all of the time. It seems to make pk and elemental attacks weaker, so I used down tilt a lot with ness and lucas

oh btw, does diminishing returns apply to boss battles? I see a lot of videos where people use one move to kill a boss.

Ange

Smash Lord
Stupid 15th post.

Sorry for double posting, if it could be considered that, but people could miss replies.

Ange

Smash Lord
oh btw, does diminishing returns apply to boss battles? I see a lot of videos where people use one move to kill a boss.
You mean Stale moves? Because Im pretty sure that does not apply to Boss Battles. I know I usually keep spamming Pikachus nair on most of the bosses, and it does alot of damage all the time.

However, if stale moves DO apply, the difference in dealt damage isnt noticeable big at all. So if you like spamming one move, keep doing that. You do not need to worry about serious damage decay to your moves.

What Ive been analyzing, bosses isnt affected by charged smashes. For example, Pikas fully charged fsmash does the same damage as a non-charged fsmash.

Kain6th

Smash Ace
I did it with Sonic. took forever with all the other characters, but with sonic i could easily get to the boss in time to attack him faster before they quickly enter into another move. Gotta say I was so relieved when that was over lol.

DarkAura

Smash Lord
ive gotten to tabuu with fox and was very close to beating him when i messed up my dodge on his wing thingy (the attack when he 1 hit kos you) but i swear it was off luck ive only made it to the 8th boss since then

EDIT: i beat boss battles on intense.. finally i used fox and now as i type this im doing it with lucario, im paused on duon... 6th boss 40% damage with all three hearts left, im owning

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
I did it with Sonic. took forever with all the other characters, but with sonic i could easily get to the boss in time to attack him faster before they quickly enter into another move. Gotta say I was so relieved when that was over lol.
You're almost right. Sonic is indeed one of the best boss battlers, but not because of his speed, really, but rather ASC. ASC (Aerial Spin Charge) does massive damage and hits consecutively on bosses, allowing one to do absolutely tremendous damage in a single jump and pass-through. Try it yourself.

Steelia

Smash Champion
You're almost right. Sonic is indeed one of the best boss battlers, but not because of his speed, really, but rather ASC. ASC (Aerial Spin Charge) does massive damage and hits consecutively on bosses, allowing one to do absolutely tremendous damage in a single jump and pass-through. Try it yourself.
I frequent that move a lot on the likes of Ridley and Galleom especially. A very handy technique.

Interesting how the roles of tiers are pretty much swapped in Boss Battles. Wonder if that was semi-intentional, some characters be horrible Brawlers yet breeze through Bosses...?

POKE40

Smash Lord
How you do ASC...
Its not Usmash right?
do i charge w/ b or something?

cause I tried to break the intense achievment with my 5 nice golden hammers... but I failed miserably..

Ange

Smash Lord
How you do ASC...
Its not Usmash right?
do i charge w/ b or something?
Simply start charging Spin Charge while Sonic is in midair.
You charge by holding the control-stick down while repeately pressing B.

I havent tried this strategy myself, but apparently it deals massive damage to bosses.

cause I tried to break the intense achievment with my 5 nice golden hammers... but I failed miserably..
Thats because you can't break the Boss Battles Intense challenge in the NTSC (North American) Brawl version. ):

Steelia

Smash Champion
^ Are you sure about that last bit? I never thought I'd knock out Boss Battles on Intense, so I busted the thing open with a hammer. (And I've got the NTSC version as well.)
...Unless I'm thinking of All-Star mode on Very Hard, which I really doubt.

Ange

Smash Lord
^ Are you sure about that last bit? I never thought I'd knock out Boss Battles on Intense, so I busted the thing open with a hammer. (And I've got the NTSC version as well.)
...Unless I'm thinking of All-Star mode on Very Hard, which I really doubt.
That it cant be broken in the NTSC version even stands on our own Smashwiki, which would proove enough for it to be a fact.

I dont have the NTSC version myself since Im a PAL user, but Ive read about other NTSC smashers that havnt been able to break the Boss Battles Intense challenge, so it shouldnt be possible.

UNLESS, a glitch occured for you. :bee:

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
I main Link but i used Kirby to beat it lol. Easy to dodge attacks and i just used side - B in air. Pretty easy.

Shök

Smash Champion
I passed this a while ago with Marth by using two or one heart.

I think Marth and Captain Falcon do very well.

Since Marth has his counter, you can avoid some attacks.

Captain Falcon is very versatile and flexible, in terms of attacks..

Lithexive

Smash Rookie
I've managed to get onto Tabuu 3 times now, but died due to stupidity, Porky and Rayquaza are the hardest IMO, the others are too easy to worry about.
I used Charizard, CFalcon, Luigi & Snake.

Kain6th

Smash Ace
I've managed to get onto Tabuu 3 times now, but died due to stupidity, Porky and Rayquaza are the hardest IMO, the others are too easy to worry about.
I used Charizard, CFalcon, Luigi & Snake.
Porky was pretty annoying, rayquaza, kinda, but the one boss that always beat the **** out of me was Duon. I always prayed to tackle him first since the bosses are easier in the beginning. He was impossible for me to beat if he was last or near last before Tabuu.

I never want to take him on ever again.

meta chaz

Smash Rookie
Also, Charizard's forward B ***** bosses. I hear you can beat the challenge co-op. 2 Charizards doing that would win pretty fast.
the bosses are twice as hard on co-op so it is essentially useless to do that although it does help to created a distraction at times. still my friend and i played it together and he can get further by himself on intense than both of us even if he attacks normally and i play conservative.

Oimetra

Smash Cadet
I beated it by playing it with a friend xD so it would be 2 of us 10 of them 5 hearts and no continues :p

I used pit and mainly used nair while he used tloonk and mainly used dair

IFightForMyFriends

Smash Rookie
I'm kinda mad but happy at the same time when I finally beat boss battles on intense. I tried all of the popular tricks to beat bosses like MK's nair and Charizard's rock smash but to avail. One day I attempted boss battles on intense with Captain Falcon for the lulz and I ended up beating it, I had mixed reactions when I finally beat it. I mean Captain Falcon of all characters?!

ISMFOF

Smash Cadet
i know ive posted in here before, but the best character to beat it with is charizard, noone else can get as far as him as easily as he can. i still havent beaten boss battles on intense, but i got to tabuu today with charizard and died, but it was still easy enough. his over b takes alot of damage to theenemies, and hes actually alot faster than youd think. so yea if u still havent beaten it, just try charizard.

Zaffy

Smash Apprentice
I'm kinda mad but happy at the same time when I finally beat boss battles on intense. I tried all of the popular tricks to beat bosses like MK's nair and Charizard's rock smash but to avail. One day I attempted boss battles on intense with Captain Falcon for the lulz and I ended up beating it, I had mixed reactions when I finally beat it. I mean Captain Falcon of all characters?!
The Knee is amazing.

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
I think you should just use whoever you're most comfortable with. Keep trying and you'll learn when to dodge, where to move, and what attacks are most effective.

Just don't get greedy with attacks. Dodge first, attack second.

In the second half the bosses get faster so you'll want to get the most difficult bosses in the first 5 (Galleom, Porky, Duon). Just restart if you get an easy boss first like Petey, the Hands, or Meta Ridley.

Marthly Master

Smash Rookie
I prefer to use Marth. I am rather impatient when it comes to dodging, so his Down B works wonders for me.

The time I beat Intense, I had all the easy bosses first, but the very first boss I faced was Duon...the only

person I ever have trouble with (mainly the Pink part of Duon)

Tabuu is really easy if you know how to dodge his attack involving his wings. If that thing hits you, say

good bye.

Viperdev

Smash Apprentice
I got to tabuu with pit cuz tilting the mirror shield up blocks alot of attacks like almost every move crazy and master hand uses and can even reflect damages back to the bosses

sammy p

Smash Lord
Me and my brother beat boss battles on intense with Bowser and Yoshi, twice! It was hard as heck, but we did it.

so it actualy works if you beat it with 2 people? sorry if that sounds n00bish but ive never tried it so i never knew..... my friends and brothers all suck so the wont be much help hahaha -.-....
but yea i cant beat boss battes... i know that doesnt help....ive got 3 challenges left and that is th only one that takes skill!! the rest are just time consuming

Tomato Kirby

Smash Ace
...but yea i cant beat boss battes... i know that doesnt help....ive got 3 challenges left and that is th only one that takes skill!! the rest are just time consuming
Well, if the rest of the game had no continues...

I think you should just use whoever you're most comfortable with. Keep trying and you'll learn when to dodge, where to move, and what attacks are most effective.

Just don't get greedy with attacks. Dodge first, attack second.
I think that this is the best advice. My Jigglypuff can get to Tabuu quite nicely. I just need more practice against Tabuu.

In the second half the bosses get faster so you'll want to get the most difficult bosses in the first 5 (Galleom, Porky, Duon). Just restart if you get an easy boss first like Petey, the Hands, or Meta Ridley.
I do not think boss speed changes on the same difficulty. With Jigglypuff, I usually have little problem at evasion. Galleom is not that hard with Jigglypuff's nice evasion. I D-air spam Porky, and hope Duon shoots rockets so I can ledge-camp from behind to: let the rockets damage him and have some protection.

It seems like most attacks break my shield, though....and we all know what happens if Jigglypuff's shield is destroyed.

Anyway, Kirby feels like a powerhouse compared to Jigglypuff. Aerial competency and some powerful specials serve me well.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
Ive beaten boss battles like 3 times already w/ lucas, tl, and charizard. ive also come close w/ mk, dk, ganon, rob and yoshi (loss 2 tabuu w/ all of them). and honestly, u just have to learn their moves. what i did the 1st time i beat boss on intense, was i went back on SSE and fought them and just learned their moves (besides i had 2 get all of their trophies so while waiting on the trophy item i took note on their move set). and after you learn their moves, find which strategy works 4 u and the bosses you have trouble with. 4 ex, if duon is giving you trouble. perhaps dk is a better 4 u rather than tl b/c of the ground pound. but once u kno what 2 expect, its all about making the most of the opportunities given. and try 2 save hearts b4 u fight raquaza, duon, galleom, and tabuu. the hands, petey, and the ridleys should be quite easy since they all play alike (porky is unique but easy).

The Golden Ike

Smash Rookie
Intense isn't really all that complicated. Once you do it about 10 times you realize what the boss's next attack is. After about 15 times you can usually do it without takeing hardly any damage at all. I can get about 9 with my main Ike but beating Boss Battle on Intense mutiple times for me is usually only done with Sonic. I have no problem doing it with him. His Bair does crazy wonders. His speed allows him to dodge almost every attack in boss battles without a problem. With the little lag he has, it shouldn't be complicated to UpB or run/dodge from an attack. I'd have to day Duon is the most annoying for me...Note to be mean.. but anyone who gets hit by Master or Crazy hands.. deserves to be hit irl.. Seriously...

Giffica

Smash Rookie
Really not that hard to do if you have skill and know the bosses. And to learn them all you have to do is just beat Easy with Each character and you should learn them if your not stupid. I beat it with Ike and Fox. My friend did the Fox since that is his main and Ike is my main. I try to shy away from Ike, but his moves rule for bosses. I simply took my time and doged. Went in wih 2-3 hit then they attack. Taboo is just annoying because his god damm moves do so much freaking damage and they all CAN kill. Plus he moves...I cannot GET to hit with Ike because Ike is so damm slow!

Titanium Dragon

Smash Journeyman
I do not think boss speed changes on the same difficulty. With Jigglypuff, I usually have little problem at evasion. Galleom is not that hard with Jigglypuff's nice evasion. I D-air spam Porky, and hope Duon shoots rockets so I can ledge-camp from behind to: let the rockets damage him and have some protection.
It changes considerably, actually, and the later bosses have more hit points than the earlier ones (which means that Rayquaza, if you fight him late, can take even more of a beating than usual).

ntense isn't really all that complicated. Once you do it about 10 times you realize what the boss's next attack is. After about 15 times you can usually do it without takeing hardly any damage at all. I can get about 9 with my main Ike but beating Boss Battle on Intense mutiple times for me is usually only done with Sonic. I have no problem doing it with him. His Bair does crazy wonders. His speed allows him to dodge almost every attack in boss battles without a problem. With the little lag he has, it shouldn't be complicated to UpB or run/dodge from an attack. I'd have to day Duon is the most annoying for me...Note to be mean.. but anyone who gets hit by Master or Crazy hands.. deserves to be hit irl.. Seriously...
Well, there are a couple attacks which can hit you out of the blue, but if you know how to position yourself its pretty easy to avoid even them.

I found using Ike on the bosses incredibly frustrating and to be one of the most difficult characters to use to beat them on intense because he is simply so slow and laggy. Counter is nice, but there's some attacks that even if you counter them you'll get hit anyway by the second/third attack, which means you have to attack, then run away on some bosses. Duon is a particular pain in the rear for this reason, and meta ridley becomes far more difficult than he needs to be (as he is ordinarily a very easy boss, but Ike's lag can put you at the wrong place at the wrong time when you attack him off the back of the shuttle at the end). On the upside, Rayquaza is easier than normal because his "burst out of the ground" is easily countered and you can counter his "come down from the sky" thing as well.

I've beaten it on intense with all but seven characters; its more of a gradual thing for me. I've found the hardest tend to be characters I'm not very good with, as well as characters with some move sets (Ike, falling into both categories for me, was a five hour nightmare).

It does get a lot easier the more you play it, though, as once you've got enough experience its all about finding the right set of moves to abuse with each character on each boss to avoid getting hit.

Top Bottom