• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Big secret muscles

Schtizzel

Smash Cadet
Ripple = Dr. Grandpa at KTAR 5?

@ Will:
I recently watched your games at KTAR 5 and I'm astounded. Your DK is so sexy and so technical. Every game is just a guide how to play that match up. Especially the Up-B lagless landings you pulled were so amazing.
Keep up the great work.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Dr. Grandpa is his own Kong. He's a New York player, trains with San if I'm right. Apparently he's even better than I was thinking, he did really well there. I need to see some videos of him.

Yeah, I just got done watching the new Will videos too. Honestly Will, you're one of the most entertaining players left, they're all so beautiful. I'm not sure if I liked your match vs. Pelca or vs. Cable more. Your almost 0-deaths on both of them were so amazing. Also you get the moving platform CG off so much! Keep it up man, just letting you know that you're an inspiration. Screw Wario, DK is a legend.

Oh, but Cable's DK was definitely great too, no disrespect to him lol.

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
Ripple = Dr. Grandpa at KTAR 5?

@ Will:
I recently watched your games at KTAR 5 and I'm astounded. Your DK is so sexy and so technical. Every game is just a guide how to play that match up. Especially the Up-B lagless landings you pulled were so amazing.
Keep up the great work.
*Blushes* Thanks!! I actually thought I was pretty rusty this tournament since I haven't practiced in a while. I've found that my style remains without practice, but my consistency is less overall.

Dr. Grandpa is his own Kong. He's a New York player, trains with San if I'm right. Apparently he's even better than I was thinking, he did really well there. I need to see some videos of him.

Yeah, I just got done watching the new Will videos too. Honestly Will, you're one of the most entertaining players left, they're all so beautiful. I'm not sure if I liked your match vs. Pelca or vs. Cable more. Your almost 0-deaths on both of them were so amazing. Also you get the moving platform CG off so much! Keep it up man, just letting you know that you're an inspiration. Screw Wario, DK is a legend.

Oh, but Cable's DK was definitely great too, no disrespect to him lol.
Dr. G held it down! I taught him how to DI out of tornado, and just like that he was popping out and killing MK's with up-air (see Inui) xD I'm so proud. He definitely has like, the most mind games of any DK imo. I'm teaming with him this weekend at Uprise of Long Island 5. We're gonna do it up with double DK once more =)

Thanks Sold2, seriously, you don't know how motivating it is for me to hear stuff like this. It definitely keeps me excited to keep trying out new stuff and performing as best as I can. <3

Cable is godlike, we had such an even set. He usually bodies me lol. This is the first time I've ever beaten him. I think we're 1-2 in his favor. And he spikes me every set!!!!

Cable

Smash Lord
DK dittos are always fun hype set against Will good stuff sucks we had to play in bracket again tho =/

Another thing I have to get that wolf MU down Seagull too good and Dr. G going in hard in the tourny special shoutouts to him he had to face a DDD doing the infinite and just ***** good stuff bro.

Our DK Armor helped us survive the rapture!!!

Luigi player

Smash Master
really sad you lost the set against Dark Falco ( that last KO was so unnecessary ;_; ) and then had to kick each other out :(

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
brawl has become so uninteresting lately for me.

crifer

Smash Lord
brawl has become so uninteresting lately for me.
I feel like your saying this like... every month since 2 years :D Then you check some other characters, realize that their in comparism with DK have absolutely NO sexyness and your eyes get opened how satisfing it is to ***** slap people with ftilt in a game.
Welcome back, your addicted to DK.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
nah, it's not that I want to play a different character or I'm frustrated with DK. I just don't want to play brawl.

Tujex

Smash Ace
nah, it's not that I want to play a different character or I'm frustrated with DK. I just don't want to play brawl.
I kinda feel where he's coming from dude. I've found myself disliking the hell out of regular Brawl, and find myself playing the mods (Balanced, Plus, and Minus) rather than the original game because its so....dull. Lacks that everlasting spark that Melee had IMO.

Neon!

Smash Lord
i would post this in the metagame/AT section but that thread seems pretty dead. I figured out a way to reverse ground up-b while running, is this new???

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
i would post this in the metagame/AT section but that thread seems pretty dead. I figured out a way to reverse ground up-b while running, is this new???
I'd say so......

Neon!

Smash Lord
it isnt a true pivot where your momentum changes. It just allows you to spin away from the opponent instead of through. Not entirely sure how helpful this could be. I'll upload a video and explanation later.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Good video. It's not new, but it's something that not a lot of people realize you can do. A lot safer on shield, though you can't chase them. Definitely has it's uses. I don't like doing it because I always end up throwing out side-b =r.

I've always wondered if you could do that on Yoshi's with the invincibility glitch. Someone should play around with this, I've just never gotten it to work.

Jebu-95

Smash Journeyman
interesting, I've never thought about that before. I tried this a few times today and I succeeded with this about 3/10 of all the tries. This might have some situational use, dunno yet.

Boofy!

Smash Champion
its not very useful for alot of characters.. bowser DK and yoshi are the only ones i see benefiting from it. I do grounded neutral b reverse with Marth alot, 60% of the time it works everytime.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Who Posted?
Total Posts: 1,262
User Name Posts
¿Qué? 217
Ripple 96
Sold2 88
Scabe 86
Chaosgriffin 65
Cable 61
Dajayman 51
Neon! 50
D0N 44
Broccoli Kong 40
PolarBear 34
ook 31
YarsRevengerson 22
KoSa! 21
Dark 3nergy 20
crifer 15
daisho 14
DTP 12
waldorf2007 12
Attila the Hun 12
ardirok 9
Luigi player 9
Big O 7
Veggi 7
Pharaoh.DsY Kyon 7
wwwilliam0024 7
Jebu-95 6
Flashing 6
Volcanic Doomfire 6
Supreme Dirt 5
vVv Rapture 5
Huggles828 5
CaLibUr_1337 5
Ic3berg 5
Krystedez 5
Silfa 5
Seton 5
Illmatic. 5
Tujex 4
Boofy! 4
Dr. Grandpa 4
WedginatorX 4
MechWarriorNY 4
FD96 4
Juushichi 3
Omari 3
MonkUnit 3
standardtoaster 3
Xyro77 3
Raziek 3
SuSa 3
Espy Kasrani 3
Ragnar0k 3
False 3
TP 2
aqua421 2
CO18 2
Grim Tuesday 2
FlyingFrenchman 2
Xyless 2
san. 2
Fuujin 2
ELI-mination 2
Nestec 2
itsthebigfoot 2
shmot 2
JayDeth 2
Te-Jay 2
-LzR- 2
lordhelmet 2
Grizzer 2
Shane. 2
Trent 2
Chuee 2
Denti 2
marmitonkiller 2
ΡΨ 2
God-is-my-Rock 2
yoshididdy 2
Browny 1
Red Ryu 1
Albert. 1
Player 7 1
Roller 1
Allied 1
saviorslegacy 1
Tesh 1
Limit129 1
Blissard 1
SlashTalon 1
vato_break 1
AlexoftheAura 1
Laem 1
Monkley6 1
Auspher 1
qB[ 1
Z1GMA 1
smashkng 1
Nysyarc 1
Schtizzel 1
Cyphus 1
Atomsk_92 1
Darkshadow96 1
Judo777 1
vVv Choice 1
xKilikx 1
Sukai 1
B.A.M. 1
luke_atyeo 1
Neon9837 1
Ranor469 1
Kuro~ 1
ConF1ictz 1
Silhouette 1
ScaryLB59 1
Mota 1
SuperMetroid44 1
JOE! 1
Miss ChuChu 1
Tin Man 1
BigDaddy4 1
Still Alive 1
YooY 1
highandmightyjoe 1
MetalMusicMan 1
KillerJawz 1
Zero 1
R@vyn 1
Sovereign 1
KenniSpam! 1
SatoshiMinamino 1
Snizz 1
Phiddlesticks 1
lain 1
Sosuke 1
Dragoomba 1
Ussi 1
dabuz 0
Show Thread & Close Window

zubad!!!!

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Wow I can't believe how much I posted. I would have thought that it would have been way less.
in all honesty, no one posted that much in the grand total except PG.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Hey Donkey Kongs! You guys so pro, makin me pick up your character. Next time, P1 runs in here with post statistics, I'm on the board... :D

You guys still cargo throw for stage spikes? That stuff's so fun.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
UGH! I'm so dumb!

*goes to re-do the DK advanced tactics guide in his basement until the sun rises*

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Hey Donkey Kongs! You guys so pro, makin me pick up your character. Next time, P1 runs in here with post statistics, I'm on the board... :D

You guys still cargo throw for stage spikes? That stuff's so fun.
Dude, CSS is still legit. I don't know why people stopped doing it just because you can hold up. The cargo d-throw variant is a lot better so you don't get footstooled, but cargo b-throw is definitely great for an early/easy kill. A lot of people just arn't good at teching it, even if they're a good player, and you can still get it to be quick enough if they hold up, just not at stupid low percents.

And now that we actually know to up-b immediately if they breakout before they get thrown, it's a lot less risk if they do breakout. Definitely worth using, definitely really fun.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
-Overall it was good
-Lol planking noise during intro
-From 30-42 secs should prob get cut (maybe replaced with a quick statement of what the wind refers to for noobs)
-I don't think you needed to show the 6-wind vs. SA punch clip twice
-In the clip showing 7, 8, and 9 winds, it would probably be better to switch the 7 and 8 wind positions so you read 7-9 from top to bottom text wise. Maybe putting the 9 wind on the right by itself since it is the most important and having 7 on top left and 8 on bottom left would be better.
-IIRC it is 7 frames slower and if you are already charging, it is just as fast as the SA punch. It also is 7 frames laggier which may or may not be worth mentioning. Maybe you can explain what a frame is for noobs or show the speed difference in a clip.

I'm sure noobs would appreciate the vid.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
-Overall it was good
-Lol planking noise during intro
-From 30-42 secs should prob get cut (maybe replaced with a quick statement of what the wind refers to for noobs)
-I don't think you needed to show the 6-wind vs. SA punch clip twice
-In the clip showing 7, 8, and 9 winds, it would probably be better to switch the 7 and 8 wind positions so you read 7-9 from top to bottom text wise. Maybe putting the 9 wind on the right by itself since it is the most important and having 7 on top left and 8 on bottom left would be better.
-IIRC it is 7 frames slower and if you are already charging, it is just as fast as the SA punch. It also is 7 frames laggier which may or may not be worth mentioning. Maybe you can explain what a frame is for noobs or show the speed difference in a clip.

I'm sure noobs would appreciate the vid.
I can't show speed differences in my software when it has 2 clips in one scene

Top Bottom