• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Big secret muscles

Scabe

Successful Businessman
The Donkey Kong Social Thread​

Welcome to the new Donkey Kong Social thread where you can chat about anything! Do your best to keep things on topic on what is being discussed.
Come and join us on the new DK Skype! Ask to be added!

Here's a reminder of the posting rules: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=279504

Introduce Yourself

So why don't you start off by introducing yourself to the DK family? *Send myself or Sold2 a PM if you want your details up in this post.*

• Real Name?
  • How Did You Come Up With Your Gamer Tag?
  • Your Age
  • Where You're From
  • A Picture Of Yourself
  • Favorite Video Games
  • Why Do You Main Your Character in Brawl? Do you attend Tournaments?
  • Interesting Things About Yourself
DK Family:
[collapse=Scabe]Hey guys my name is Scabe, I'm 20 years old and I'm from Canberra, Australia. Here's a picture of me

Some of my favorite games are Final Fantasy 10, Brawl, Chrono Trigger, the Phoenix Wright Series.

I've mained Link in Brawl ever since Brawl came out. I find him to be such a fun character, I also enjoy winning with a character that's so bad. I attend tournaments regularly and use solely Link in tournament matches. :link:

I currently mod the Link boards and the DK boards. I've played guitar for about 3 years. I work at Mcdonalds (:urg:).

My real name is Satra. It's quite a unique name and cool name , but all the people I've searched and have Satra as their name are all girls D:

The name Scabe came from a game called Samurai Showdown, there was this character called Genjuro and after he'd win he'd mumble something that would sound like "Scabe". I was really young at the time and didn't know where swear words came from, so I started using Scabe as a swear word to people. The name just stuck after that. I sorta wish I had Satra as my gamer tag haha[/collapse]
[collapse=ook]
LOL Dajayman got the final post in the old thread.

* Name: ook

* Your Age: 20

* Where You're From: Vernon Hills, IL

* A Picture Of Yourself: I don't have any good recent pictures but I'll get one soon. That's not me in my sig, lol

* Favorite Video Games: Brawl. I don't have any of the nextgen consoles (even my wii is broken) so I mostly play PC games for now. Civlization IV, Left 4 Dead 1&2, Team Fortress 2, and League of Legends are what I've been playing lately.

* Why Do You Main Your Character in Brawl? Do you attend Tournaments?: I main DK cause IMO he's one of the best characters in the game. Why else would I main someone?
I go to all the tourneys in IL, which is about 2 per month (and we get a lot of out of state players. M2K, Ally, Lain, Judge, etc have all come to our tourneys multiple times). And occasionally I travel out of state. Never been outside the midwest though
I always go DK, he can handle his own pretty well.

* Interesting Things About Yourself: I stopped getting haircuts about 6 years ago. I have 2 fluffy cats (http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a315/ookokorrafaa/IMG_1080.jpg)
When I was a kid, I was at my friends house playing NBA Live '96. I created a player, and for his name I just typed a bunch of letters. It came out something like ookokorrafaa.
Now I just shorten it to ook. :lick:
It doesn't have anything to do with monkeys or DK, but it works out nicely.
[/collapse]
[collapse=vVv Rapture]
* Name -
vVv Rapture, but just Rapture or Rap or whatever peeps want to call me.

* Your Age -

* Where You're From -
Connecticut, but I used to live in New York and will probably be back in Long Island for my college years.

* A Picture Of Yourself -
Nah, I'm too good looking, lol. I'll get one soon if anyone is just dieing to see me. xD

* Favorite Video Games -
Gotta go with the Metroid, DKC, Smash, Gears of War, and Yoshi series. Too many good games to list.

* Why Do You Main Your Character in Brawl? Do you attend Tournaments? -
Well, I've only been playing this game competitively since March of this year, and for months I had no idea who to main. But, I just randomly played with Donkey Kong not too long ago and found I was really good with him, so I've been playing with him ever since. It hasn't been too long, but ask Allied, he'll tell you how many mains I've had in such a short period of time, so for me it's good.

I've only attended one tournament for Smash in my entire life, which was back in April of this year in Long Island. In fact, Will hosted it. I had a great time, so it sort of kept me playing the game competitively. I plan to head to another LI tournament in July, hopefully MLG Raleigh, Cataclysm 5 in October and *Pound* 5 in January, as well as anything else that comes up.

* Interesting Things About Yourself-
I'm a staff member at vVv Gaming, which is the sponsor of many gamers, including Mew2King, Atomsk, Lee Martin, Havok, mikeHAZE, and Fino, and probably many more. I'm a writer for the site; many of my articles go to the Chicago Tribune's GeekToMe Blog on their site. I'm also a co-host on vVv's podcast The Loser's Bracket and have been for a good part of the show's run so far.

Other than that, I play ice hockey, soccer and tennis, plan to major in Biology, Marine Biology or Biotechnology in college and want to somehow make an Iron Man suit out of only jellyfish.
Yeah, vVv is pretty much a big community for gaming, but it's a sponsor, as well. We've sponsored Halo teams, Gears teams, Guitar Hero players, FIFA players, and so much more. We just got into Brawl this year and it's been a great division for us so far.

On the name thing, my real name is Dakota if anyone cares. I don't mind if people call me that; many people in vVv call me it anyways, but most Smash players refer to me as Rapture or sometimes just "vVv", which amuses me.

Rapture comes from BioShock, lol. I played the game and thought the word was pretty cool, so I changed my gamertag to it and I've stuck with it ever since. I've thought about changing it, but being in the position I'm in on vVv, it'd be counterproductive to say the least.
[/collapse]
[collapse=Seton]
Hi all:
My Nickname is Seton. This comes from Magic the Gathering Cards and it means in spanish Big Mushroom.
I'm 23 and i'm from Spain.
My Favorite games are Brawl, Mario Galaxy, Monster Hunter tri and Age of Empires Saga.
I main DK cause i like big characters, and DK is the Funiest one of them. i like his moveset and his taunts xD
Something interesting about me... dunno, i'm better than all of you maining DK :p
I'll go to the US the 14 of July, but i don't know if there are some tourneys near New York :(
This is a photo of me: http://www.micomania.rizoazul.com/objetos/seta de chiapas.jpg
i'm the one at right.
[/collapse]
[collapse=Flashing]
Hai thar

*Name
Flashing, or just call me Flash since that is what I go by usually but it was taken on SWF :I

*My Location
I was born in New Mexico but moved to Colorado and Wisconsin to be out of my home state for a good 8 years of my life but now I'm back in ABQ.

*How I Look

Let's just say I'm short XD

*Favorite Video Games

Oh boy, so many to choose so I'll just say some off of my list, but I'll go off of modern games since there's too many to list of retro games. But now its probably, Halo 3, Halo Wars, Mirrors Edge, SMG 2, MW2, SSBB (shocker amiright?), Tatsunoko vs Capcom, and SFIV for games I play regularly.

*Why do you main your character in Brawl? Do you attend Tourney's?

I am a VERY indecisive person so I've probably mained over 3/4 of the smash cast since brawl came out but I finally stuck with DK because he's in the perfect tier position for me since I don't like getting pooped on my a lot of characters but DK just gets owned by a couple XD And plus I love the Donkey Kong games so he just came natural to me.

Considering tourney's I've never gone to one but I do play offline with my "crew" (high school friends lol) but I was supposed to go to a smashfest in ABQ soon but my wii broke along with other life issues so meh maybe next time, but I hope to be involved in the tourney scene soon.

*Interesting Things About Myself

I haz two dogs and their old farts but their cool, may get pics of them up soon. I am also a little medically disabled but still amazing. I've had 30+ surgeries, they were sooooo fun. But besides that just trying to get pass high school. I hope to pursue something with computer graphics or an animator. I've always loved to do stuff like that.
[/collapse]
[collapse=Broccoli Kong]
* Real Name?- Hey guys, you can probably guess my real name, if not I'll help you out- it's Will. Lol but my full name is William Michael Walsh.

* How Did You Come Up With Your Gamer Tag?- Well, I guess I just couldn't come up with a tag for a while and entered with my name as my tag. Before long, everyone recognized me as that so even if I wanted to change it, it wouldn't have mattered lol.

Recently though, I changed my SWF account name to Broccoli Kong and entered MLG with that tag since I had to make an account name on mlgpro.com other than "Will" haha. Broccoli Kong was a name that was suggested to me by Atomsk one night when we went out to Applebee's with a bunch of other smashers, and I have been playing green DK ever since ^_^

* Your Age- 22

* Where You're From- Shirley, NY (Long Island)

* A Picture Of Yourself- Me versus Tearbear at MLG Columbus

* Favorite Video Games- There are wayyyy too many to list, friend me on Facebook and you'll find a more full list there. lol http://www.facebook.com/wmwalsh But for purposes of brevity, let's just say my favorite games are probably FFX, Zelda: The Ocarina of Time, Super Mario RPG, Chronotrigger, and Resident Evil 4 =)

* Why Do You Main Your Character in Brawl? Do you attend Tournaments? - I have a pretty extensive answer that I will refer back to in a PM with vVv Rapture from a week or two ago:

"Well, I always thought he was a bad *** character, and I always loved all of the DK games- especially DK64, it is definitely one of best of the classic platformers to me. The fact that he lives forever made him very appealing to me, because I love the feeling people get when they think its almost hopeless since DK never, ever goes down haha.

Brawl was the first game I ever used DK, even though I played Melee originally. I don't know, in Brawl he fit very well with my playstyle- I like to play really smart and just outspace my opponent. If DK does that successfully every game, he wins, despite the fact that he might be an easily comboed character. If you space well with DK, he only needs several hits to take down the opposition, which I know people find very intimidating.

As far as learning how to use him, I have basically made it up as I went along for the past two years- since the release of Brawl. I did however have a lot of inspiration from several smashers who tried out DK before me, right at the outset of Brawl's release. Most of my early inspiration came from Bum, the god of all DK's in melee xD I still have a lot of respect for him, and I go to his place for training sessions with my crew, DA (Deadly Alliance). Nowadays though, its me who ends up teaching him the new DK metagame since he has been out of the scene for a while =P

I guess that pretty much sums it up, I just have a lot of love for this big lug, and I definitely grew a lot closer to him after dedicating myself to maining him for the past 2 years. Oh and I love the attention I get from people when I wear the DK tie my friend Eli had made and let me borrow!! I recently even bought a DK plushie to confirm and commemorate my loyalty to DK. Now that I've come this far, I just want to be known as one of the best DK mains there is, if not the best period. I'm still setting out to prove it now =)

* Interesting Things About Yourself - I'm a student at Stony Brook University, and majoring in Mathematics. I work as a computer clerk at the community library in my neighborhood right now and commute.

I've also enjoyed playing video games for most of my life xD But my favorite sports are basketball, volleyball, and baseball. Hit me up on AIM if you want to talk about anything, doesn't even have to be smash related: AIM: smartguy41112.
[/collapse]
[collapse=marmitonkiller]
Real Name? MY real name is Nicolas Marchand
How Did You Come Up With Your Gamer Tag? well it was realy random one day my friend started to call me marmiton for no reason so I used it as my nickname for my youtube account due to my lack or originality aand hmm one day I register to something and the marmiton name was already taken so I add a 1 and later when I started to played melee I needed a tag so I just wrote MAR1 and now I just use MAR1 as my tag because im bored of marmiton1 also marmiton mean young cook in french
Your Age Im 17
Where You're From Im from Québec (Canada)
A Picture Of Yourself http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk275/marmiton1/P0975213_7EA670DF78004FBE83E49D0516.jpg
Favorite Video Games my favorite game is brawl
Why Do You Main Your Character in Brawl? Do you attend Tournaments? I main DK because I like his playstyle and I love DKC
I attend every tourney in Québec I will try to go to to the USA this summer
Interesting Things About Yourself hmmm well I stopped college for the next year and after Ill return to college in programmation
[/collapse]
[collapse=D0N]
Real Name? *NEW* (Optional)
Terrence… After people call me Don for awhile and then learn my real name most go “wtf” and go back to Don anyway and forget lol. I don’t mind either, I kinda like having two names.

How Did You Come Up With Your Gamer Tag? *NEW QUESTION*
Basically, I would play MvC1 on my laptop online sometimes and made random names up that seemed like real names. I was Don for about 2 weeks.

One day some guy said I suck when I played terribly (I didn’t care and just didn’t respond) and another guy I played a few days ago defended me. So I just kept the tag I had that day for good since I figured I’d rarely if ever see another Don and people were recognizing me. Plus I was touched lol. I just made it all caps and put in a 0 to make it look more like a tag.

Your Age

Where You're From
Newport News, VA

A Picture Of Yourself
http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l393/ttrapp146/Photo0155.jpg

Favorite Video Games
Kung Fu Hero’s
Street fighter games because I grew up losing to my older brother in them (I think it has a lot to do with me entering tournaments)
Megaman X 1-4
Super Metroid
River City Ransom
Streets of Rage 2
Castlevania SoTN
FF 1,4,6, and Tactics
Brigandine
Tactics Ogre

I’ve beaten those multiple times… except the first one. I like lots of old school games (except Sonic). I’m not much of a fan of most of the newer games. Favorite genre’s would be fighting first then platform type stuff. I don’t play much RPGs anymore. There are other games like DKC1, Earthbound, and Kirby SuperStar that I really like, but I don’t think they should go on the list.

Why Do You Main Your Character in Brawl? Do you attend Tournaments?
Long Story short, I won a DK plushie at Busch gardens and started playing around with him in Melee (played for fun though I knew of tournies. no items, no advanced techs). DK carried over to Brawl. Marth and the spacies (My original "mains') did not.

I wanted to start going to tournies for MvC2 or a street fighter game, so I decided to wait until SF4 came out… except it took to long so I went with Brawl. I still play friendlies and may enter tournies sometimes depending on who is there and how close it is, but now I’m more focused on SSF4.

Interesting Things About Yourself
People sometimes recognize me as the guy with the sick hat if I wear my Akubra. It was a gift from some of the AUS smashers.

I had the #10 Cody in SSF4 in North America on PSN at one point. I stopped caring about doing ranked matches awhile ago and just do endless now. I got random game invites which was cool. One was in Spanish!

I’m trying to make 3 so… I pivot grabbed an MK out of tornado with DK earlier today lol.
[/collapse]
[collapse=Silfa]
I typed one of these up yesterday, but smashbaords crashed on me. :( Anyway,

* Real Name? My real name is Jonathan, but pretty much everyone I know just calls me Jon.

* How Did You Come Up With Your Gamer Tag? Originally I just liked the tag Silver, but it seemed pretty common so I tried to make it a bit more unique going from Silver > Silva > Silfa. I also sometimes add an 'ro' to the end for Silfaro. To be honest, I don't really like my tag that much haha, but it's stuck so I've just decided to keep it. I generally prefer to be called Jon, but I don't really mind what people call me by.

* Your Age: 17.

* Where You're From: I'm from Canberra, Australia, same place as Scabe.

* A Picture Of Yourself: http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii63/wondawalrus/dunno.png

* Favorite Video Games: Some of the ones that stand out the most are probaby Legend of Zelda: OoT, Super Mario World, DKC, Mario Galaxy and Shadow of the Colossus. Roller Coaster Tycoon is also incredible. :)

* Why Do You Main Your Character in Brawl? Do you attend Tournaments? Before the game came out in Australia, I saw some videos of DK and his moves all looked really cool to me. From then on I wanted to get good with him. Before I started going to real tourneys I was maining Mario, but switched to DK after I started attending meets because I was performing much better with him than Mario. I've mained him ever since and last year when D0N was in Australia, I really wanted to reach the same level of success that he had with DK.

* Interesting Things About Yourself: I have a dog named Bella who's a really timid yet gets incredibly attached to nearly everyone she meets for more than hour, who's Labradoodle and is very cool. I enjoy playing video games, watching movies/television and going running.
[/collapse]
[collapse=ardirok]
Real Name - Lucas

How Did You Come Up With Your Gamer Tag - I created an character from middle age and I needed a name that suits well with him...so Ardirok came into mind. I have the "pão" nickname since I was 6(it means bread in portuguese)...IDK the reason or why, but people call me that until now lol.

Your Age - 19

Where You're From - Brazil - São Paulo

A Picture Of Yourself - I will add this later

Favorite Video Games - All DK games except Barrel Blast, All Mario games, Final Fantasy 10, Kingdom Hearts, Super Metroid, Metroid Prime, Fire Emblem, all SSB and Tatsunoko vs Capcom.

Why Do You Main Your Character in Brawl? Do you attend Tournaments? - In 2008, I used to main Ike since he was my favorite FE character...I was crazy to use him but did not liked him in brawl at all, so I chose DK and liked his style. I go to all tourneys in São Paulo :)

Interesting Things About Yourself - I like to play soccer and videogames...and I have 2 dogs.
[/collapse]
[collapse=FD96]
Real Name? Harry Yeatman
How Did You Come Up With Your Gamer Tag? I came up with my old username foxdemon96 from yu yu hakusho based off of the fox guy, then everyone thought I copied off of naruto so I decided to change it to FD96 instead.
Your Age-15
Where You're From-USA
A Picture Of Yourself-Ill get this later
Favorite Video Games-Brawl, pokemon, and cod
Why Do You Main Your Character in Brawl? Do you attend Tournaments? I am best with Meta Knight, but I am going to probably start maining DK because he seems like a very amazing character to play. I have only attended one tournament a while back.
Interesting Things About Yourself-I am in the marching band
[/collapse]
[collapse=Cable]
Real Name -My real name is David

How did you come up with your gamer tag? -Back in the days when my mom used to go to the laundry I would play MVC2 at the arcade machine and I would play Cable. I thought he was so awesome with the viper gun and all his broken moves. So I decided to name myself after him its short and simple something everybody can remember.

Your Age - I’m 19

Where You’re From? – Passaic, New Jersey

A Picture of Yourself – http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp315/Cable47/30505_1131026212806_1741791918_2395.jpg

Favorite Video Games – DKC all of them, Mario 64, Banjo Kazooie, Megaman BattleNetwork 3, Pokemon Gold, Smash Brothers Series * List goes on I can’t remember that much*

Why do you main your character in Brawl? Do you attend tournaments? Well about 3 months before the release of brawl I was playing a lot of melee preparing myself for Brawl. In melee at that time I mained Link and honestly I hated DK in melee. I thought he was complete garbage and he looked so ugly LOL! But that all changed……I began to search youtube for videos and found out about Bum, his DK was amazing I was blowned away. When brawl came out I played a couple of characters my mains were Ike and lucas mostly but I played some DK on the side. At my first tournament I believe around early days of brawl in 2008 I had a match with some guy first round I beat his character with Ike then second round he went MK and ***** me I didn’t kno who to pick Lucas failed me earlier and I ran out of ideas. So I said why not give DK a shot. I finally threw out DK for the first time and the match went to last hit and I ended up winning. He told me congrats and walked away. After, rolling my controller up a couple of ppl who saw my match said that was so exciting and my DK was so fast. They said if that was my main and I said yea. Since that day I’ve mained DK and its been a fun experience ever since :)
Yes I do attend tournaments it’s kinda difficult these days because of school and my job keeps me occupied but when I’m able to make it to a tourney ill go and compete.

Interesting Things About Yourself – I have about 5 different laughs that come out randomly I have no control of it. My fav movie is back to the future and I love basketball. And I am in love with Vanessa Hudgens I think she absolutely gorgeous and amazing <3333333
[/collapse]
[collapse=Dragoomba]
* Real Name? Daniel Bickar
* How Did You Come Up With Your Gamer Tag? Dragon + Goomba lolol
* Your Age 17
* Where You're From Oakley, California. Now I'm in Jerome, Idaho, which is really unfortunate since I've never played a real Brawl match offline. Very depressing.
* A Picture Of Yourself http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/8063/dragoomba.png
* Favorite Video Games Pretty much all competitive fighters.
* Why Do You Main Your Character in Brawl? Do you attend Tournaments? ROB, DK, and Peach. I actually pretty much main everyone but Yoshi.
* Interesting Things About Yourself balls
[/collapse]
[collapse=PeachGuard]
Hey there, peoples! Don't be fooled by my screen name.

My name is:

Ivan Javier Valdez.. But that doesn't roll off the tounge so easily, so you can call me Guard. Or if you wanna know me by my Donkey Kong tag then call me ¿Qué?.

How I came up with my tag:

Guard was just something I thought was very suitable for Peach, because she's one of the best edge guarders in the game.

Lol.. But when it came too ¿Qué?, it was a little more funny than serious.

Well the funny reason is my bad habbit of being mentaly inflicted with A.D.D. (Lmfao)
The other part is it being really proud of my Mexican heritage. So i just combinded those two traits of mine.

Your Age

I'm 18 ;)

Where You're From

Born and raised in Laredo, Texas!

A Picture Of Yourself

Btw.. I hate my smile with a passion. Don't stare too deeply into the picture though. You might go blind out of me being hideous. :)

Favorite Video Games

Tekken 2, 3, 5 and 6 (The game I'm actually pro at).
Soul Calibur I, II, III, and IV.
SUPER SMASH BROTHERS BRAWL. (DUH!)
DDR
Crash Team Racing (Another game I'm pro at..)
Crash Bash
Jade Cacoon Master
Pokemon (Every single hand held version)

I started first using Peach February or March this year. I used to be a Lucas main, but this is before I knew what "Bair" ment. So you could imagen I had little to no knowledge of advanced techniques, character disadvantages, terminoligy, or frame time.

I started using Donkey Kong about the same I was a Lucas main, but I felt like I wouldn't ever be good with him, so I repeatedly kept dropping him as a character.

I then was told about Smashboards and started getting more in depth with my characters, and realized I had two very great character choices. A nice balance between both of them. Now I mainly stick to either Peach or Donkey Kong.

Saddly I've only participated in small local tornaments. I've yet to go to any big ones, but plan on doing so. I want to make a name for myself. I want to be the best Peach and Donkey Kong in Texas.

I'm an artist of many sorts. I'm mainly a musician though, being a pianist and all. I also draw as a hobby and have my own grung style too it.

I've also always thought that Peach and Donkey Kong made the perfect couple. LOL.

Screw Mario.
[/collapse]
[collapse=DTP]
**** yeah, DK is amazing. Might as well show my face around the DK boards even though it's still dead :(

- Real Name? *NEW* (Optional)

My real name is Darren Thomas Proctor.
Try and figure out how I came up with my username haha

I lack creativity sometimes......

- How Did You Come Up With Your Gamer Tag? *NEW QUESTION*

Oh, uh...... see above.

I used my initials obviously. But I like my initials so whatever.
I used to go by Samusbrawler but got a name change about a year ago.

Again, try and figure out how I came up with my old username lol

- Your Age

I'm 19 years old. I turn 20 in September :)

- Where You're From

I'm from Canada! It's kinda lame though, iunno.
More specifically though, I'm from Alberta. Only cool thing around is the mountains imo. Which I've been to once....

- A Picture Of Yourself

[collapse=Pics of Me!]Some pics from my vacation this summer.

Me on the beach!

Yeah, I know, a ****ing tiger.[/collapse]

- Favorite Video Games

Hmm.....I'm not sure tbh. I forget about most games after I play them so I can't think of many right now.

Some I do love though are Final Fantasy 10, SSBB (Of course), Pokemon in general, Dragon Age: Origins.
Looking forward to Gran Turismo 5 and Final Fantasy 14!

- Why Do You Main Your Character in Brawl? Do you attend Tournaments?

I'm seriously thinking about maining the big guy. I've only been using him for less than 2 weeks now and I almost want to drop the rest of my characters for him and him alone.
At the moment, I duel main Peach and Luigi, secondary Kirby, and I try to fit in Zelda/Sheik and Samus from time to time. I've been using these characters since brawls release. It pains me to say that I've JUST realized DK's greatness :(

I do attend tournaments. There aren't many where I live however and I've been missing the last few due to my vacation and work :(

- Interesting Things About Yourself

I love to travel!
I love seeing new places and meeting new people and experiencing new things. It's something I want to do for the rest of my life. I want to see the world and all the beautiful and amazing things it has to offer.

I've been playing video games since....forever basically lol
Played melee from it's release until brawl came out basically. Never got into the competitive scene because I never knew it existed.
I know what you're thinking, "Was this guy living under a god **** rock?!" lol
But I honestly didn't know about it. To this day I think I've played more hours on Melee than any other game in my life. I suck at it now though. Also, Mewtwo should have been in brawl. I was gonna main him no matter what, until I found out he was cut. (wtf Sakurai!!)

Anyways, I play Volleyball. Beach Volleyball specifically. I love to Scuba dive! ( I wanna go for my advanced lessons sometime soon. I can't get enough of Music. I listen to it everyday and sing everyday (To myself lol). I wish I could play an instrument but I'll just stick with vocals haha

I don't watch TV, ever and I hate reading books. I love to eat and drink in mass amounts (lol)
I work part time as a Waiter and am currently trying to figure out what I want to do in life before I go to college for it.

I'm gay even though I wish I wasn't, but there's nothing I can do to change that lol
So I'll try and make the best of it.

I tend to keep typing stuff about myself apparently.

I'm half black, or 1/4 black lol
I barely even know for sure as dumb as that sounds.

There more but I think I'll stop for now :)
[/collapse]
[collapse=PolarBear]
* Chris
* IRL I'm a polar bear. You all can call me PB though.
* Central Jersey
* :dk: http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b237/masterbeaf/34551_1386223099018_1335240163_3118.jpg
* Civilization series for the PC.
* I used to always play DK for the N64 smash when I was a kid. I used to like him because he was the biggest and most powerful and I would just use his smashes all day. I didn't get into Melee until the time Brawl was released. I saw some videos of Bum and realised that DK could actually be a good character. I play Peach in Melee, but I tried out DK in Brawl and he just kind of fit my playstyle. I also use Snake and Kirby. I don't really go to tournaments except for online ones. Most of my friends are into Melee and I haven't really been motivated to go to one by myself.
* I'm a big movie enthusiast and spend much of my free time watching them. My favorite movies are the works of Charlie Kaufman, Martin Scorsese, Ingmar Bergman, and David Lynch. I'm also into music, especially hip hop. I exercise a lot and read in my free time. Over all I'm an open minded and nice guy.

I'm looking for some friendlies with DK players and just to get myself known a bit in the community.
[/collapse]
[collapse=Huggles828]
Real Name?
David
How Did You Come Up With Your Gamer Tag?
Well, my last name is Hughes, which was kinda a nickname in college. Some friends and I were playing rummy one night, and someone with horrible horrible handwriting wrote down my name on the paper we were using to keep score. Someone else looked at the paper later that night and said "What does this say? Who is this? Does this say 'Huggles?'" Thus, my nickname, not only in Brawl, but pretty much in everything, was born.

Your Age
22. I turn 23 in August.

Where You're From
South Carolina.

A Picture Of Yourself

That's me on the left with my two brothers. Haha, that picture is three days old. We're in the middle of a two week vacation in Florida, so that's Disney Castle in the background.
Favorite Video GamesI'm a fan of the old classics. Super Mario 3, Mario 64, Zelda 64, DKC 2, Final Fantasy 6, Tales of Symphonia... Haha, do I really need to list Super Smash Bros.?

Why Do You Main Your Character in Brawl?
I main Link because he is super awesome. 'Nuff said (although I enjoy his playstyle a lot too, haha). I have about 7 or 8 characters vying to be my secondary though. Wolf is probably top of that list, although Captain Falcon, Peach, Donkey Kong, and Diddy Kong are all characters I like playing.

Do you attend Tournaments?
Not yet, haha. Actually, I've been desperately looking for a tournament to attend for months now, but the SC scene is pretty much dead. I think I've gotten good enough in the past months to have a shot at local tournies at least.
I really love ultimate frisbee. I play it whenever I get the chance.

I'm a huge Dallas Cowboys fan (my dad grew up in Dallas). I've been to one of their games before; it was quite an experience (although it was about 8 years ago during the Dave Campo years, meaning we sucked then.)

I've been on TV before too! I was on ESPN Gameday. For the Clemson-Georgia Tech game a year ago some friends and I got painted head to toe since we had front row seats, and we were the guys they shot for the intro before the game. Haha, apparently throughout the game they kept flashing back to me talking about my "team spirit" because I was jumping as high as I possibly could (I never saw the game on TV since noone I knew recorded it and I was busy yelling at the players who were like 15 feet in front of me while it was on, haha). So yeah, my claim to fame, haha.
[/collapse]
[collapse=Chaosgriffin]
Real Name-Baron Von Kiespert

How did you come up with your gamertag- I was trying to think of a name to go by when i was playing runescape, a long time ago. So i started to look around to get an idea, the shirt i was wearing had a griffin on it, and it was made by chaos industries. So thus Chaosgriffin

Your age- Just barely turned 21, on july 25th

Where you're from- Dallas, Texas!

Picture of yourself- Me all dressed uphttp://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-ash1/v160/24/74/673589201/n673589201_456308_3742.jpg

Favorite Video Game- Thats tough, there are waaaaaaaaay to many games that I like. but right now it would be League of Legends.

Why do you main your character in brawl- I played all the DK games, yes even the crappy ones that makes everyone sad. DK is a beast, no doubt about it, I used him in the original Smash, in melee, and of course brawl. I just love the big lug. I do attend tournaments, it has been a while since I have been to one though, but that will soon change.

Interesting things about yourself- Hmm...lets see, I love anime, I have been studying Japanese for 5 years now. I have been to the emergency room over 20 times in my life, but I have only broken a bone once.
[/collapse]
[collapse=Cyphus]
Real Name- The Baptist King

How did you come up with your gamertag- a self identified, 7th grade character whom specialized in elemental darkness and akin to the 'vegeta' of the team of my own dbz-esque universe. I donnot introduce myself as Cyphus...ever, but usually people refer to me as it, and i gave up fighting it. lol

Your age- 24

Where you're from- an hour below new orleans. the swamps

Picture of yourself- http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/photo.php?pid=35695&id=100000312011318&ref=album

Favorite Video Game- OOT, UMK3, MvC2, legend of dragoon, pokemon, metroid prime, kirby's avalanche, TMNT:turtles in time, starfox 64, mario karts, quest 64(lol), smash, ddr/piu

Why do you main your character in brawl- I'm impatient and i get a certain satisfaction from killing people at 100% as well as DK's less-than-serious attitude adds a lil comedy to a game i'd otherwise take too seriously. giant punches are ridiculous, and his weight allows me to make lots of 'mistakes' but room for learning the oponent.

Interesting things about yourself- i was a contortionist just short of fame- albeit 'retired' now, i'm simply better than most people who think they're good at SNES/64 games (lol j/k...but seriously), i have mixed martial background and have my workout/running phases, my record for holding my breath is 3:20. i'm an old***.

[/collapse]
[collapse=Tujex]
I never noticed that little thing ont he first page....

* Real Name? *NEW* (Optional)
-Dominique
* How Did You Come Up With Your Gamer Tag? *NEW QUESTION*
-I draw a lot, and the first original character I ever drew was Tujex....the name stuck with me.
* Your Age
-20 as of March 22nd
* Where You're From
-Born in Hawaii, raised in Memphis, TN
* A Picture Of Yourself
-Facebook

* Favorite Video Games
-Gears of War, Brawl, Blazblue, Pokemon, and I'm getting into CoD:MW2
-Non competitive I play a lot of old school games and RPG's. Been playing a lot of Phoenix Wright recently and Mario Golf :p
* Why Do You Main Your Character in Brawl? Do you attend Tournaments?
-I own DK because I love the big ape as a character (my fave Nintendo/videogame character) and because I simply love his fighting style, durability, and raw power. He's a character with no glaring weaknesses or broken strengths, and besides a DDD, winning his matchups mostly comes down to true skill rather than gimmicks or tiers. I attend tournaments, but there aren't many major ones in my region and I don't have the means to travel very far as of now.
* Interesting Things About Yourself
-Every wall in my room is nearly covered with videogame posters....
[/collapse]
[collapse=Still Alive]
Name: Brian
Gamer Tag: Fire on AiB, Still Alive on SWF.
State: MA
Picture: Don't have a camera atm
Favorite Video Games: Mother 3 by far.
Other stuff: I use DK after Ook, and I hope to attend some offline tournies and weeklies soon.
About me: Wha-
[/collapse]
[collapse=MechWarriorNY]
Name: Ryan
Tags: MechWarriorNY on here, MechWarrior on AiB, and in tourneys.
State: NY
Favorite video game: Rome: Total War and it's associated mods.

Why I play the chars I play: I was inspired to play DK after I saw "The Broccoli Kong,"
as you know him here, play against a VERY GOOD Diddy player(ADHD?) at the 2009(?) Gauntlet tourney as part of a tourney series that Wes of DA hosts. After I saw that, DK started appealing to me even more, as he's powerful, not too slow, and doesn't have too many ungodly-tough match-ups.
He also appeals to me based on how he fights, and the way Will played at that Gauntlet that one day... it was motivational.

I have played Samus for a long time besides all that, even in N64 days, and Falcon as well, as a casual character.
[/collapse][collapse=KoSa!]
Real Name---Kody
How Did You Come Up With Your Gamer Tag---my last name starts with "Sa" and in biology class one day, i was drifting in and out of my sleep. i looked up at the projector and it said HeLa cells. the person who found this out gave it hat name b/c it was the first two letters in her first name and last name her name being Henrietta Lacks. in my notebook along side a little MU for DK i was doing i tried it with my name. loved the results instantly and when i came home i put it in brawl. but the name looked unbalanced so the exclamation point was added.
Your Age---16
Where You're From---New Jersey right by AC.
A Picture Of Yourself---:) im always laughing or smiling
Favorite Video Games---Quake. quake live account is ItsKody.
Why Do You Main Your Character in Brawl---used him in SSB and would spam downb and walk off cargocides i also used fox. SSBM i picked up shiek and rarely used dk. now they both aren't as good as they used to be so i main dk. you can still catch me playing friendlies with those two.
Do you attend Tournaments---this year i hope to be a regular tourney goer, its tough for me to travel being 16
Interesting Things About Yourself---im a gpx designer in the making. uh i dont think im that interesting but people seem to love me.
[/collapse]
[collapse=itsthebigfoot]
Hey, My name is Sam Suied, better known as Bigfoot, I'm 19 years old from Ventura California, though I now live in Dallas, Texas.

I regularly attend tournaments and I am planning on hosting tournaments as soon as I get settled into texas. I main DK I guess, I tried Snake and it didn't work, I'm probably going to play falco or marth soon.

I got my gamer tag from the Monster Rancher character Jill (http://www.pojo.com/monsterrancher/monindex/pics/mr2p270.gif) I got a brown one, named it bigfoot and beat all my friends with him, that was my start into competitive gaming. After that I just kept using the tag, and it kinda fit with the whole DK thing.

Picture of me: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000897583139&ref=mf since I don't have a good one off-hand
[/collapse]
[collapse=Sold2]
Oh I'll jump into this family, if you don't mind.

Real Name?
Otis. I swear I'm not a redneck, seriously.

How Did You Come Up With Your Gamer Tag?
This is a good one. I was really into roleplaying, and in one of the stories I played for, I had to temporarily take the role of "Soldier 2." Through some of the best, or worst, acting I've ever pulled, and a very snarky moderator, Soldier 2 became my permanent character for the entire game. He's based off the generic soldiers you see in any RPG; they're always in groups of 2. I choose to shorten it because I don't want people to think I'm some military soldier or a war-freak, and it'd be cool if people thought I was a salesman.

Your Age

Where You're From
Kentucky, but no really I'm a city boy.

A Picture Of Yourself
Renaissance Fairs!

Favorite Video Games
DKC series, Etrian Odyssey series, Paper Mario series, Pokemons.

Back in early '09, I was a Zelda main originally and sided DK for her bad match-ups(Marth/GW), his awesome CPs (Midwest stagelist yeah!), and the fact nobody seemed to like him. Then sometime Summer '09, I realized Zelda had some major problems(thanks OS :x), and quit her, stuck with DK. And I go to tournaments about once a month, but I really only like to stay in state.

I have a rabbit with a mustache. I've always wanted to grow a moustache too. I don't own brawl, nor a Wii.

Happy belated, and/or pre-emptive birthdays to all!
[/collapse]
[collapse=Neon!]
*Real Name? Caleb Sherman

*How Did You Come Up With Your Gamer Tag?- In melee my tag used to be Neo because I loved the matrix trilogy. When i started watching some melee vids I realized that name was already taken. I decided to just change it to Neon after that. Also my first car was a dodge neon!

*Your Age- 18

*Where You're From- Keller, Texas

*A Picture Of Yourself- http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=128126707211015&set=a.150945431595809.24743.100000410588022

*Favorite Video Games- Super Mario64, DK64, Starfox 64, Paper Mario, SSB, SSBM, Brawl, Fire Emblem, Kingdom Hearts, Metrois Prime series, and lots more

*Why Do You Main Your Character in Brawl? Do you attend Tournaments? When I first started playing Brawl I realized Dk had definitely been improved but I didnt take too much interest in him. I started playing online in the summer of 09 and used Rob and Snake. I used them at first because I was really only good at camping and didnt understand spacing very well. I started practicing with dk in friendlies and found out that he was really good. Ive gone off and on with him this past year but decided to stick with him after landing spots on two players "best ive played online lists" I also like getting respect, which is something you cant get if you play snake online lol. My first tourney was MLG Dallas 2010 where I was apparently the highest placing dk along with bigfoot making it to losers round 4. I really want to attend more tournaments but I'm limited by my schedule, I'll definitly be going to the world whobo in march though.

*Interesting Things About Yourself- I'm an excellent fossball and pool player and I used to be really good at DDR MAX. I made a combo video with Dk but its not that great, I plan on making another one soon. Im majoring in graphic design so let me know if you want a new signature.
[/collapse]
[collapse=Attila the Hun]

How did you come up with your Gamer Tag? Most of you wouldn't know this, but my gamer tag is Attila (no, not the Snake main). There's a band called Iced Earth that did a song called Attila, and it's super sexy, and also I randomly Wiki'd Attila the Hun one day, and there was a supremely awesome quote on the page, so yeah.

Where You're From: I'm from Canada, eh? More specifically Nova Scotia. Even more specifically Lower Sackville.

Picture of Yourself: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=396044426804&set=a.422589746804.200319.515761804

Favorite Video Games: I never really liked the Donkey Kong games, but that's because I sucked at themmmm. I'm mainly into RPG's, like Chrono Trigger, FF, FE, Chrono Cross, stuff like that.

Why Do You Main Your Character in Brawl/Do You Attend Tournaments? He's a giant monkey...why else? I just like his style a whole bunch, and it's soooo satisfying giving people DA CLAP! Also, I do attend tournaments, but there aren't a whole bunch around here, and I can't go to the U.S. to attend any super big tournies. That, and I'd get brutalized, lol.

Interesting Things About Yourself: Ummm, I'm 6'0 tall, and have brown shaggy-ish hair. I play basketball, although I'm thinking of quitting, as high school ball isn't enjoyable anymore when you aren't getting any better like everyone else around you is.

My favorite food is corn chowder. I'm thinking of trying either teaching or nursing in university. I'm really into heavy metal/death metal, but then i kinda switch over to Norah Jones and U2 and stuff like that, so I'm weird with music.

I'm also pretty tight with Raziek and Nysyarc, and I've played Justin Wiles in tourney. I have no clue if you guys will know any of them, but whatevs. :p

Also, I don't have wifi, like, it sucks horrendously, so I'm not gonna be doing any matches for awhile, haha.

Ummm...I think that's it...glad to be here. : )
[collapse=Ruinn]
Real Name? Derek
How Did You Come Up With Your Gamer Tag? Uh, not quite sure actually. :x
Your Age; 14
Where You're From; Toronto, Ontario, Canada :D
A Picture Of Yourself; will upload soon
Favorite Video Games; brawl, halo series, a bit of mw3
Why Do You Main Your Character in Brawl? Do you attend Tournaments? Dk seemed pretty easy to use I guess, plus he was big and in my mind at the time big = better :x I'm only 14 so I doubt I'll be able to attend tournys. :p
Interesting Things About Yourself; I play baseball during summer, pretty much it. Lol.
[/collapse]
[/collapse]
[collapse=MasterKurei]Real Name:Kelvin
How Did You Come Up With Your Gamer Tag:From my favorite anime"Flame Of Recca" had this character that i really liked and decided to have his name as my brawl tag.
Your Age:Im 17
Where You're From:Im from PuertoRico but im in Boston atm.
A Picture Of Yourself:http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hpho...54823285_100001032550619_462423_2197389_n.jpg
Favorite Video Games:Resident Evil,Pokemon,SSBB.
Why Do You Main Your Character in Brawl? Do you attend Tournaments?I dont really have a main i enjoy using everyone but rigth now im trying to learn Falco and also DK.I have gone to DNA tournys only.
Interesting Things About Yourself:I love Anime and i enjoy drawing and going on youtube.
DK Family:I dont know much ppl but i have met Will in real life we played b4 :D[/collapse]

The WiFi Arena
[collapse=1PokeMastr]Real Name? Robert William Daniel Jackson.
How Did You Come Up With Your Gamer Tag? Long story, don't want to get into it.
Your Age: I just recently turned 17 3 months ago.
Where You're From: Toronto Ontario, Canada.
A Picture Of Yourself: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...81679631.22770.100000398800240&type=1&theater Should work.
Favorite Video Games Brawl, and chess.
Why Do You Main Your Character in Brawl? I use a lot, but, Main Falco/ Dk, they're both fun to play as. Do you attend Tournaments? I attend a lot of offline tournies in Canada, well, Ontario.
Interesting Things About Yourself: I'm 6'4" and use the Wii mote sideways and 10th on the Ontario Pr.

Skype name: neopokemastr.
[/collapse]
[collapse=Goast]Real name: Mark

Gamer Tag: Cpt Diabetus aka Dr. D said I reminded him of The Ghosts from the Matrix 2 (dreadlocks). Me and my brother always always mispronounce and misspell words for fun.

Picture: http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/8130_149301706301_599936301_3183395_1748874_n.jpg

Favorite Videogames: Brawl and Jewel Quest/Gemswap

Why Do You Main Your Character in Brawl: DK is fun and goofy like diddy. Diddy was my main previously followed by Ganon. After playing DK a lot I realized I wanted to main him and play diddy as a secondary.

Do you attend Tournaments: I've done a couple so far. BashCon XXVI and Colassolcon. I want to start attending tournaments regularly when I get decent at the game.

I'm an ordinary nice guy I guess. I recently Graduated from the University of Toledo and now work as a Software Engineer. I play lots of brawl when time permits. I also draw a lot. While in college I was a professional Graphic Artist and one of the best 8-ball pool players in the area. I draw as a minor hobby and occasionally take up commissions.[/collapse]
[collapse=YAHA1337]Real Name: James Davis, but most call me YAHA

How Did You Come Up With Your Gamer Tag: From Eyeshield 21, one of the characters yelled "Ya-ha!" and that's about it.

Your Age: 20

Where You're From: Columbus, Ohio

A Picture Of Yourself:Link

Favorite Video Games: The Mario Kart Series, the Super Smash Brothers Series, Final Fantasy (6 & 7 to be exact), Pokemon, Kingdom Hearts, Fire Emblem, Paper Mario 1&2, Chrono Trigger, and many others.

Why Do You Main Your Character in Brawl? Do you attend Tournaments: I main DK because i seem to do pretty well with him overall, and I started out with Olimar(didn't do well with him at the time) to Diddy(same thing), and then to DK. And yes I do attend a couple tournaments.

Interesting Things About Yourself: Ummmmmmm..... I don't think I have anything interesting to mention XD.[/collapse]

You can also set up WiFi matches in this thread.

Example of how you could set up a WiFi match:

User 1: "Anyone want to play WiFi with me? Reply back, I'll be around for 2 hours"
User 2: "Sure thing, I'll meet you in the DK chatroom."

To be apart of this:
  • Post that you would like to be added on to the list
  • Write down your Brawl FC, location and times you would be available to play.
For working out timezones: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

Friendcodes
Scabe
Brawl FC: 1032-6545-6977
Availability: N/A​

ook

Smash Lord
LOL Dajayman got the final post in the old thread.

* Name: ook

* Your Age: 20

* Where You're From: Vernon Hills, IL

* A Picture Of Yourself: I don't have any good recent pictures but I'll get one soon. That's not me in my sig, lol

* Favorite Video Games: Brawl. I don't have any of the nextgen consoles (even my wii is broken) so I mostly play PC games for now. Civlization IV, Left 4 Dead 1&2, Team Fortress 2, and League of Legends are what I've been playing lately.

* Why Do You Main Your Character in Brawl? Do you attend Tournaments?: I main DK cause IMO he's one of the best characters in the game. Why else would I main someone?
I go to all the tourneys in IL, which is about 2 per month (and we get a lot of out of state players. M2K, Ally, Lain, Judge, etc have all come to our tourneys multiple times). And occasionally I travel out of state. Never been outside the midwest though
I always go DK, he can handle his own pretty well.

* Interesting Things About Yourself: I stopped getting haircuts about 6 years ago. I have 2 fluffy cats (http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a315/ookokorrafaa/IMG_1080.jpg)

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Who is that kid in your sig? LOL, I miss your other sig that one made me laugh everytime I saw it. And WTF at you not having haircuts for 6 years? :eek:

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
* Name -
vVv Rapture, but just Rapture or Rap or whatever peeps want to call me.

* Your Age -

* Where You're From -
Connecticut, but I used to live in New York and will probably be back in Long Island for my college years.

* A Picture Of Yourself -
Nah, I'm too good looking, lol. I'll get one soon if anyone is just dieing to see me. xD

* Favorite Video Games -
Gotta go with the Metroid, DKC, Smash, Gears of War, and Yoshi series. Too many good games to list.

* Why Do You Main Your Character in Brawl? Do you attend Tournaments? -
Well, I've only been playing this game competitively since March of this year, and for months I had no idea who to main. But, I just randomly played with Donkey Kong not too long ago and found I was really good with him, so I've been playing with him ever since. It hasn't been too long, but ask Allied, he'll tell you how many mains I've had in such a short period of time, so for me it's good.

I've only attended one tournament for Smash in my entire life, which was back in April of this year in Long Island. In fact, Will hosted it. I had a great time, so it sort of kept me playing the game competitively. I plan to head to another LI tournament in July, hopefully MLG Raleigh, Cataclysm 5 in October and *Pound* 5 in January, as well as anything else that comes up.

* Interesting Things About Yourself-
I'm a staff member at vVv Gaming, which is the sponsor of many gamers, including Mew2King, Atomsk, Lee Martin, Havok, mikeHAZE, and Fino, and probably many more. I'm a writer for the site; many of my articles go to the Chicago Tribune's GeekToMe Blog on their site. I'm also a co-host on vVv's podcast The Loser's Bracket and have been for a good part of the show's run so far.

Other than that, I play ice hockey, soccer and tennis, plan to major in Biology, Marine Biology or Biotechnology in college and want to somehow make an Iron Man suit out of only jellyfish.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
I have noticed people with vVv but I never knew what it was. That really is interesting that your a writer for the site.

I've updated the questions to make the name part more indepth. All of this is optional, you don't have to give out your name or show a picture of yourself for sake of privacy.

My real name is Satra. It's quite a unique name and cool name :cool:, but all the people I've searched and have Satra as their name are all girls D:

The name Scabe came from a game called Samurai Showdown, there was this character called Genjuro and after he'd win he'd mumble something that would sound like "Scabe". I was really young at the time and didn't know where swear words came from, so I started using Scabe as a swear word to people. The name just stuck after that. I sorta wish I had Satra as my gamer tag haha

Seton

Smash Apprentice
Hi all:
My Nickname is Seton. This comes from Magic the Gathering Cards and it means in spanish Big Mushroom.
I'm 23 and i'm from Spain.
My Favorite games are Brawl, Mario Galaxy, Monster Hunter tri and Age of Empires Saga.
I main DK cause i like big characters, and DK is the Funiest one of them. i like his moveset and his taunts xD
Something interesting about me... dunno, i'm better than all of you maining DK :p
I'll go to the US the 14 of July, but i don't know if there are some tourneys near New York :(
This is a photo of me: http://www.micomania.rizoazul.com/objetos/seta de chiapas.jpg
i'm the one at right.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
I have noticed people with vVv but I never knew what it was. That really is interesting that your a writer for the site.

I've updated the questions to make the name part more indepth. All of this is optional, you don't have to give out your name or show a picture of yourself for sake of privacy.

My real name is Satra. It's quite a unique name and cool name :cool:, but all the people I've searched and have Satra as their name are all girls D:

The name Scabe came from a game called Samurai Showdown, there was this character called Genjuro and after he'd win he'd mumble something that would sound like "Scabe". I was really young at the time and didn't know where swear words came from, so I started using Scabe as a swear word to people. The name just stuck after that. I sorta wish I had Satra as my gamer tag haha
Yeah, vVv is pretty much a big community for gaming, but it's a sponsor, as well. We've sponsored Halo teams, Gears teams, Guitar Hero players, FIFA players, and so much more. We just got into Brawl this year and it's been a great division for us so far.

On the name thing, my real name is Dakota if anyone cares. I don't mind if people call me that; many people in vVv call me it anyways, but most Smash players refer to me as Rapture or sometimes just "vVv", which amuses me.

Rapture comes from BioShock, lol. I played the game and thought the word was pretty cool, so I changed my gamertag to it and I've stuck with it ever since. I've thought about changing it, but being in the position I'm in on vVv, it'd be counterproductive to say the least.

Flashing

Smash Apprentice
Hai thar

*Name
Flashing, or just call me Flash since that is what I go by usually but it was taken on SWF :I

*My Location
I was born in New Mexico but moved to Colorado and Wisconsin to be out of my home state for a good 8 years of my life but now I'm back in ABQ.

*How I Look

Let's just say I'm short XD

*Favorite Video Games

Oh boy, so many to choose so I'll just say some off of my list, but I'll go off of modern games since there's too many to list of retro games. But now its probably, Halo 3, Halo Wars, Mirrors Edge, SMG 2, MW2, SSBB (shocker amiright?), Tatsunoko vs Capcom, and SFIV for games I play regularly.

*Why do you main your character in Brawl? Do you attend Tourney's?

I am a VERY indecisive person so I've probably mained over 3/4 of the smash cast since brawl came out but I finally stuck with DK because he's in the perfect tier position for me since I don't like getting pooped on my a lot of characters but DK just gets owned by a couple XD And plus I love the Donkey Kong games so he just came natural to me.

Considering tourney's I've never gone to one but I do play offline with my "crew" (high school friends lol) but I was supposed to go to a smashfest in ABQ soon but my wii broke along with other life issues so meh maybe next time, but I hope to be involved in the tourney scene soon.

*Interesting Things About Myself

I haz two dogs and their old farts but their cool, may get pics of them up soon. I am also a little medically disabled but still amazing. I've had 30+ surgeries, they were sooooo fun. But besides that just trying to get pass high school. I hope to pursue something with computer graphics or an animator. I've always loved to do stuff like that.

ook

Smash Lord
When I was a kid, I was at my friends house playing NBA Live '96. I created a player, and for his name I just typed a bunch of letters. It came out something like ookokorrafaa.

Also Seton, there are plenty of tourneys around new york
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=251487 You should go to one

Seton

Smash Apprentice

Also Seton, there are plenty of tourneys around new york
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=251487 You should go to one
Those in New Jersey and New york are really interesting. i'll probably go to one of those.
Ty Ook.

Is that photo really you? That mushroom is huge
Sure i am ^^

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
* Real Name?- Hey guys, you can probably guess my real name, if not I'll help you out- it's Will. Lol but my full name is William Michael Walsh.

* How Did You Come Up With Your Gamer Tag?- Well, I guess I just couldn't come up with a tag for a while and entered with my name as my tag. Before long, everyone recognized me as that so even if I wanted to change it, it wouldn't have mattered lol.

Recently though, I changed my SWF account name to Broccoli Kong and entered MLG with that tag since I had to make an account name on mlgpro.com other than "Will" haha. Broccoli Kong was a name that was suggested to me by Atomsk one night when we went out to Applebee's with a bunch of other smashers, and I have been playing green DK ever since ^_^

* Your Age- 22

* Where You're From- Shirley, NY (Long Island)

* A Picture Of Yourself- Me versus Tearbear at MLG Columbus

* Favorite Video Games- There are wayyyy too many to list, friend me on Facebook and you'll find a more full list there. lol http://www.facebook.com/wmwalsh But for purposes of brevity, let's just say my favorite games are probably FFX, Zelda: The Ocarina of Time, Super Mario RPG, Chronotrigger, and Resident Evil 4 =)

* Why Do You Main Your Character in Brawl? Do you attend Tournaments? - I have a pretty extensive answer that I will refer back to in a PM with vVv Rapture from a week or two ago:

"Well, I always thought he was a bad *** character, and I always loved all of the DK games- especially DK64, it is definitely one of best of the classic platformers to me. The fact that he lives forever made him very appealing to me, because I love the feeling people get when they think its almost hopeless since DK never, ever goes down haha.

Brawl was the first game I ever used DK, even though I played Melee originally. I don't know, in Brawl he fit very well with my playstyle- I like to play really smart and just outspace my opponent. If DK does that successfully every game, he wins, despite the fact that he might be an easily comboed character. If you space well with DK, he only needs several hits to take down the opposition, which I know people find very intimidating.

As far as learning how to use him, I have basically made it up as I went along for the past two years- since the release of Brawl. I did however have a lot of inspiration from several smashers who tried out DK before me, right at the outset of Brawl's release. Most of my early inspiration came from Bum, the god of all DK's in melee xD I still have a lot of respect for him, and I go to his place for training sessions with my crew, DA (Deadly Alliance). Nowadays though, its me who ends up teaching him the new DK metagame since he has been out of the scene for a while =P

I guess that pretty much sums it up, I just have a lot of love for this big lug, and I definitely grew a lot closer to him after dedicating myself to maining him for the past 2 years. Oh and I love the attention I get from people when I wear the DK tie my friend Eli had made and let me borrow!! I recently even bought a DK plushie to confirm and commemorate my loyalty to DK. Now that I've come this far, I just want to be known as one of the best DK mains there is, if not the best period. I'm still setting out to prove it now =)

* Interesting Things About Yourself - I'm a student at Stony Brook University, and majoring in Mathematics. I work as a computer clerk at the community library in my neighborhood right now and commute.

I've also enjoyed playing video games for most of my life xD But my favorite sports are basketball, volleyball, and baseball. Hit me up on AIM if you want to talk about anything, doesn't even have to be smash related: AIM: smartguy41112.

marmitonkiller

Smash Apprentice
Real Name? MY real name is Nicolas Marchand
How Did You Come Up With Your Gamer Tag? well it was realy random one day my friend started to call me marmiton for no reason so I used it as my nickname for my youtube account due to my lack or originality aand hmm one day I register to something and the marmiton name was already taken so I add a 1 and later when I started to played melee I needed a tag so I just wrote MAR1 and now I just use MAR1 as my tag because im bored of marmiton1 also marmiton mean young cook in french
Your Age Im 17
Where You're From Im from Québec (Canada)
A Picture Of Yourself http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk275/marmiton1/P0975213_7EA670DF78004FBE83E49D0516.jpg
Favorite Video Games my favorite game is brawl
Why Do You Main Your Character in Brawl? Do you attend Tournaments? I main DK because I like his playstyle and I love DKC
I attend every tourney in Québec I will try to go to to the USA this summer
Interesting Things About Yourself hmmm well I stopped college for the next year and after Ill return to college in programmation

D0N

Smash Ace
Real Name? *NEW* (Optional)
Terrence… After people call me Don for awhile and then learn my real name most go “wtf” and go back to Don anyway and forget lol. I don’t mind either, I kinda like having two names.

How Did You Come Up With Your Gamer Tag? *NEW QUESTION*
Basically, I would play MvC1 on my laptop online sometimes and made random names up that seemed like real names. I was Don for about 2 weeks.

One day some guy said I suck when I played terribly (I didn’t care and just didn’t respond) and another guy I played a few days ago defended me. So I just kept the tag I had that day for good since I figured I’d rarely if ever see another Don and people were recognizing me. Plus I was touched lol. I just made it all caps and put in a 0 to make it look more like a tag.

Your Age

Where You're From
Newport News, VA

A Picture Of Yourself
http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l393/ttrapp146/Photo0155.jpg

Favorite Video Games
Kung Fu Hero’s
Street fighter games because I grew up losing to my older brother in them (I think it has a lot to do with me entering tournaments)
Megaman X 1-4
Super Metroid
River City Ransom
Streets of Rage 2
Castlevania SoTN
FF 1,4,6, and Tactics
Brigandine
Tactics Ogre

I’ve beaten those multiple times… except the first one. I like lots of old school games (except Sonic). I’m not much of a fan of most of the newer games. Favorite genre’s would be fighting first then platform type stuff. I don’t play much RPGs anymore. There are other games like DKC1, Earthbound, and Kirby SuperStar that I really like, but I don’t think they should go on the list.

Long Story short, I won a DK plushie at Busch gardens and started playing around with him in Melee (played for fun though I knew of tournies. no items, no advanced techs). DK carried over to Brawl. Marth and the spacies (My original "mains') did not.

I wanted to start going to tournies for MvC2 or a street fighter game, so I decided to wait until SF4 came out… except it took to long so I went with Brawl. I still play friendlies and may enter tournies sometimes depending on who is there and how close it is, but now I’m more focused on SSF4.

People sometimes recognize me as the guy with the sick hat if I wear my Akubra. It was a gift from some of the AUS smashers.

I had the #10 Cody in SSF4 in North America on PSN at one point. I stopped caring about doing ranked matches awhile ago and just do endless now. I got random game invites which was cool. One was in Spanish!

I’m trying to make 3 so… I pivot grabbed an MK out of tornado with DK earlier today lol.

Silfa

Smash Ace
I typed one of these up yesterday, but smashbaords crashed on me. :( Anyway,

* Real Name? My real name is Jonathan, but pretty much everyone I know just calls me Jon.

* How Did You Come Up With Your Gamer Tag? Originally I just liked the tag Silver, but it seemed pretty common so I tried to make it a bit more unique going from Silver > Silva > Silfa. I also sometimes add an 'ro' to the end for Silfaro. To be honest, I don't really like my tag that much haha, but it's stuck so I've just decided to keep it. I generally prefer to be called Jon, but I don't really mind what people call me by.

* Your Age: 17.

* Where You're From: I'm from Canberra, Australia, same place as Scabe.

* A Picture Of Yourself: http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii63/wondawalrus/dunno.png

* Favorite Video Games: Some of the ones that stand out the most are probaby Legend of Zelda: OoT, Super Mario World, DKC, Mario Galaxy and Shadow of the Colossus. Roller Coaster Tycoon is also incredible. :)

* Why Do You Main Your Character in Brawl? Do you attend Tournaments? Before the game came out in Australia, I saw some videos of DK and his moves all looked really cool to me. From then on I wanted to get good with him. Before I started going to real tourneys I was maining Mario, but switched to DK after I started attending meets because I was performing much better with him than Mario. I've mained him ever since and last year when D0N was in Australia, I really wanted to reach the same level of success that he had with DK.

* Interesting Things About Yourself: I have a dog named Bella who's a really timid yet gets incredibly attached to nearly everyone she meets for more than hour, who's Labradoodle and is very cool. I enjoy playing video games, watching movies/television and going running.

ardirok

Smash Apprentice
Real Name - Lucas

How Did You Come Up With Your Gamer Tag - I created an character from middle age and I needed a name that suits well with him...so Ardirok came into mind. I have the "pão" nickname since I was 6(it means bread in portuguese)...IDK the reason or why, but people call me that until now lol.

Your Age - 19

Where You're From - Brazil - São Paulo

A Picture Of Yourself - I will add this later

Favorite Video Games - All DK games except Barrel Blast, All Mario games, Final Fantasy 10, Kingdom Hearts, Super Metroid, Metroid Prime, Fire Emblem, all SSB and Tatsunoko vs Capcom.

Why Do You Main Your Character in Brawl? Do you attend Tournaments? - In 2008, I used to main Ike since he was my favorite FE character...I was crazy to use him but did not like him in brawl at all, so I chose DK and liked his style. I go to all tourneys in São Paulo :)

Interesting Things About Yourself - I like to play soccer and videogames...and I have 2 dogs.

FD96

Smash Cadet
New!

Real Name? Harry Yeatman
How Did You Come Up With Your Gamer Tag? I came up with my old username foxdemon96 from yu yu hakusho based off of the fox guy, then everyone thought I copied off of naruto so I decided to change it to FD96 instead.
Your Age-15
Where You're From-USA
A Picture Of Yourself-Ill get this later
Favorite Video Games-Brawl, pokemon, and cod
Why Do You Main Your Character in Brawl? Do you attend Tournaments? I am best with Meta Knight, but I am going to probably start maining DK because he seems like a very amazing character to play. I have only attended one tournament a while back.
Interesting Things About Yourself-I am in the marching band

FD96

Smash Cadet
Thanks!
I'm going to be around for a while today so if anyone want to play on wifi just tell me, also I'm not very good.

Cable

Smash Lord
Real Name -My real name is David

How did you come up with your gamer tag? -Back in the days when my mom used to go to the laundry I would play MVC2 at the arcade machine and I would play Cable. I thought he was so awesome with the viper gun and all his broken moves. So I decided to name myself after him its short and simple something everybody can remember.

Your Age - I’m 19

Where You’re From? – Passaic, New Jersey

A Picture of Yourself – http://i423.photobucket.com/albums/pp315/Cable47/30505_1131026212806_1741791918_2395.jpg

Favorite Video Games – DKC all of them, Mario 64, Banjo Kazooie, Megaman BattleNetwork 3, Pokemon Gold, Smash Brothers Series * List goes on I can’t remember that much*

Why do you main your character in Brawl? Do you attend tournaments? Well about 3 months before the release of brawl I was playing a lot of melee preparing myself for Brawl. In melee at that time I mained Link and honestly I hated DK in melee. I thought he was complete garbage and he looked so ugly LOL! But that all changed……I began to search youtube for videos and found out about Bum, his DK was amazing I was blowned away. When brawl came out I played a couple of characters my mains were Ike and lucas mostly but I played some DK on the side. At my first tournament I believe around early days of brawl in 2008 I had a match with some guy first round I beat his character with Ike then second round he went MK and ***** me I didn’t kno who to pick Lucas failed me earlier and I ran out of ideas. So I said why not give DK a shot. I finally threw out DK for the first time and the match went to last hit and I ended up winning. He told me congrats and walked away. After, rolling my controller up a couple of ppl who saw my match said that was so exciting and my DK was so fast. They said if that was my main and I said yea. Since that day I’ve mained DK and its been a fun experience ever since :)
Yes I do attend tournaments it’s kinda difficult these days because of school and my job keeps me occupied but when I’m able to make it to a tourney ill go and compete.

Interesting Things About Yourself – I have about 5 different laughs that come out randomly I have no control of it. My fav movie is back to the future and I love basketball. And I am in love with Vanessa Hudgens I think she absolutely gorgeous and amazing <3333333

I actually think you've bought far more activity to this board then ever, you're doing well, Scabe ;).

Flashing

Smash Apprentice
Right, Scabe has definitely at least sparked a will to try activate these boards. Though the thing with social thread is, is this just and introduction thread and then the chat for social, or are they both for social? Because if its both then it won't work since the chat is embed your more likely to jump in there then by timely forum posts.

ardirok

Smash Apprentice
I´m going to a tournament tomorrow, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

I´ll probably be ****** tired in these days and not sleep well, so...wish me luck guys!

Dragoomba

Smash Lord
* Real Name? Daniel Bickar
* How Did You Come Up With Your Gamer Tag? Dragon + Goomba lolol
* Your Age 17
* Where You're From Oakley, California. Now I'm in Jerome, Idaho, which is really unfortunate since I've never played a real Brawl match offline. Very depressing.
* A Picture Of Yourself http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/8063/dragoomba.png
* Favorite Video Games Pretty much all competitive fighters.
* Why Do You Main Your Character in Brawl? Do you attend Tournaments? ROB, DK, and Peach. I actually pretty much main everyone but Yoshi.
* Interesting Things About Yourself balls

D0N

Smash Ace
<3 D0N
Miss ya man! I am loving me some DK vs Marth! Not a sure win but SOOOOOOOOOOOO much less of a headache than Falco vs Marth :D
:bigthumbu good to hear. Ill be back at the end of the month

I´m going to a tournament tomorrow, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

I´ll probably be ****** tired in these days and not sleep well, so...wish me luck guys!
Wow... 4 tournies? Good luck

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Hey there, peoples! Don't be fooled by my screen name.

My name is:

Ivan Javier Valdez.. But that doesn't roll off the tounge so easily, so you can call me Guard. Or if you wanna know me by my Donkey Kong tag then call me ¿Qué?.

How I came up with my tag:

Guard was just something I thought was very suitable for Peach, because she's one of the best edge guarders in the game.

Lol.. But when it came too ¿Qué?, it was a little more funny than serious.

Well the funny reason is my bad habbit of being mentaly inflicted with A.D.D. (Lmfao)
The other part is it being really proud of my Mexican heritage. So i just combinded those two traits of mine.

Your Age

I'm 18 ;)

Where You're From

Born and raised in Laredo, Texas!

A Picture Of Yourself

Btw.. I hate my smile with a passion. Don't stare too deeply into the picture though. You might go blind out of me being hideous. :)

Favorite Video Games

Tekken 2, 3, 5 and 6 (The game I'm actually pro at).
Soul Calibur I, II, III, and IV.
SUPER SMASH BROTHERS BRAWL. (DUH!)
DDR
Crash Team Racing (Another game I'm pro at..)
Crash Bash
Jade Cacoon Master
Pokemon (Every single hand held version)

I started first using Peach February or March this year. I used to be a Lucas main, but this is before I knew what "Bair" ment. So you could imagen I had little to no knowledge of advanced techniques, character disadvantages, terminoligy, or frame time.

I started using Donkey Kong about the same I was a Lucas main, but I felt like I wouldn't ever be good with him, so I repeatedly kept dropping him as a character.

I then was told about Smashboards and started getting more in depth with my characters, and realized I had two very great character choices. A nice balance between both of them. Now I mainly stick to either Peach or Donkey Kong.

Saddly I've only participated in small local tornaments. I've yet to go to any big ones, but plan on doing so. I want to make a name for myself. I want to be the best Peach and Donkey Kong in Texas.

I'm an artist of many sorts. I'm mainly a musician though, being a pianist and all. I also draw as a hobby and have my own grung style too it.

I've also always thought that Peach and Donkey Kong made the perfect couple. LOL.

Screw Mario.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Nice bio Guard! :)

DK's let's like talk about something in here! XD

Like are you all excited about the new DK game coming out on Wii?

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
I SURE R IS! But, I'm afraid I'll have to update my wii to play it so I might not even buy it. :|

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Oh lame they better not have those update things but I'm guess they will. D:

Does anyone know if the game is a remake of DK Country or is it going to be something completely different?

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
No idea.. I'm actually hoping for the remake. MAN.. I was FREAKIN' addicted to the gameboy version.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Oh yeah one thing about internet forums like Smashboards is that your not allowed to double post, since it's considered spam. So make sure to use the edit button next time :)

There's times where it is okay to double post like if you want to bump up something that hasn't got any response for like a couple of days or so.

And I didn't know DK country was on the Gameboy :O

Top Bottom