• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Big secret muscles

FD96

Smash Cadet
I play the trumpet, trombone, and baritone I just love the brass section

EDIT: Who else plays ultimate frisbee?

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
I've been a part of many all county and all state orchestras too, including full orchestras with woodwinds, brass, percussion, etc. I don't play as much anymore though =/ though I wish I did. I guess I'm just not as motivated as I used to be.

When I was kid I always wanted to be a professional violinist, at least on the side of my eventual career. But I kind of got discouraged once I saw how many people were beyond amazing and I never thought I could be as good. That's probably because I never really practiced though and was naturally able to audition well =P
Don't worry about others Will. It's about passion. There was a pianist that had only been playing for 2 years. He wasn't a prodigy.. But he won a national competition. It's just about how much your heart takes you into that art.

ook

Smash Lord
I used to play drums, but then I didnt have enough space in my room for a bed... so I got rid of them after a couple years of sleeping on the couch

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
LMFAO. Well, I can't, so props to you.
If elementary school taught me anything, it taught me that the recorder is not only, by far, the most useless instrument ever created, but it is also one of the most modestly injury-causing towards young children.

FlyingFrenchman

Smash Apprentice
What's up DK boards?

* Real Name?
Spencer

* How Did You Come Up With Your Gamer Tag?
My usual name was taken when I was signing up for a steam account, so I just started thinking of random adjective / noun pairs, and it's the one that stuck. I usually use the tag Droog while playing brawl.

* Your Age

* Where You're From
Have been living in Columbus Ohio for a few years now.

* A Picture Of Yourself
I don't have anything recent, might get back to this later.

* Favorite Video Games
Smash Bros series (of course), Street Fighter series, Team Fortress 2, Left 4 Dead series, Civilization series, Warcraft and Starcraft series. I'm mostly a pc gamer aside from nintendo systems as of late.

* Why Do You Main Your Character in Brawl? Do you attend Tournaments?
I play DK, snake, peach, DDD, and Lucas all fairly competitively, but DK is definitely my favorite and has been since 64. I love killing even heavies below 100% and there's nothing more satisfying than a good spike. I still tend to play a lot of secondaries that occasionally become mains though.

I've only been to a few Columbus tournaments, and haven't done amazingly well, but I've been improving a lot, especially this summer.

* Interesting Things About Yourself
I really like robots. I mentor high school students and help them build stonking huge robots for international competitions through FIRST Robotics (2009's robot was around 5 feet tall, it was impressive).

I used to play tenor and alto sax and guitar, but I haven't really touched sax since high school, and I currently work in a machine shop, so my hands are always too beat up to enjoy playing guitar lately.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Who else plays ultimate frisbee?
Ultimate Frisbee = greatest sport evar. Although I am a little out of shape. I haven't been playing it as often since I moved and went to grad school.

And the NFL is pretty fun to watch. I'm thinking the Dallas Cowboys are gonna kick some butt this year :D
the recorder is ... by far, the most useless instrument ever created
The music director at my church plays the penny whistle, in addition to every other instrument ever created. He plays it better than anyone I've ever seen, and it sounds absolutely incredible. It's kinda funny, actually, how he can take such a dinky instrument and make it sound so good, haha.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
If elementary school taught me anything, it taught me that the recorder is not only, by far, the most useless instrument ever created, but it is also one of the most modestly injury-causing towards young children.
hahaha

I agree 100%.

And I was tempted to play the drums too. But lack of space and living in a apartment at the time discouraged from doing that....

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
hahaha

I agree 100%.

And I was tempted to play the drums too. But lack of space and living in a apartment at the time discouraged from doing that....
Same here, and I know I can, but ehh.. Piano takes enough out of me as it is.

D0N

Smash Ace
I may go spectate at Apex since I found housing so maybe ill see some DKs there

PolarBear

Smash Journeyman
I live a few blocks from where Apex is being hosted. The price is way too high to play for me, and from what I understand there's a fee just to get in? Maybe I'll find a way in and watch some DKers as well.

D0N

Smash Ace
15$ spectator fee. If you're close it'll be worth it. You still get friendlies im sure.

I dunno Scabe... Not looking like i'll enter at the moment but we'll see

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Peach Guard! Glad to see you around the boards! How's the Peach and DK coming?
<3VEGGI!!!

Aww, they're doing alright. I'm going for best Peach and Donkey Kong in Texas, but I'm not sure if my DK will be getting there soon. He needs a LOT of work. I don't space well with him, but I've managed to learn many strings, and play to a disadvantage.

My Peach, on the other hand is really close to being best in Texas. I just know it. I need to play Illmatic though, but it's hard for me to get around and go to big torneys. But still though, I've been told by my friends that my Peach is really awesome. I just need more 1v1 experience with other people, besides the 5-6 people I play all the time.

Veggi

Smash Champion
I hear ya. I need to go farther than places around my city. I think I might already have the best DK in Florida because I don't know of any good ones, haha. Kyon stands in my way of being best Peach in Florida. Best Mario in Florida...idk. I think if I become the best Mario in my city I'll become the best Mario in the Atlantic South. Tampa is Mario Central though. Supposedly Monk is better than me and he probably is, but I still have to play him.

Due to not having a working Wii it kind of takes strikes at my execution skill so I've been messing stuff up a lot that I need to win.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
I hear ya. I need to go farther than places around my city. I think I might already have the best DK in Florida because I don't know of any good ones, haha. Kyon stands in my way of being best Peach in Florida. Best Mario in Florida...idk. I think if I become the best Mario in my city I'll become the best Mario in the Atlantic South. Tampa is Mario Central though. Supposedly Monk is better than me and he probably is, but I still have to play him.

Due to not having a working Wii it kind of takes strikes at my execution skill so I've been messing stuff up a lot that I need to win.
I love your DK. It made me want to main him in the first place.

Maining Peach started off as a joke, and then I just kind of fell in love with using her. So now I main both.

If anything, I can't stand when people say I "second" Donkey Kong.

Veggi

Smash Champion
It's wasn't worth it when I used to because they have a Zelda main named Veggies that they call "veggi" so it got kind of annoying. It's a funny story...

I haven't seen you in forever though, Kyon. XD

ook

Smash Lord
Haha when I saw you post here, before I read Florida I thought you were veggie the zelda main (he lives in my state).

I can only namesearch with google

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
It's wasn't worth it when I used to because they have a Zelda main named Veggies that they call "veggi" so it got kind of annoying. It's a funny story...

I haven't seen you in forever though, Kyon. XD
Yes it has been quite a while. There is a DK in South Florida that's pretty good.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Maining Peach started off as a joke, and then I just kind of fell in love with using her.
haha yeah that's exactly how I started maining Peach in melee xD

Completely used her as a joke character, but then I realized how good she actually was O__o
I just decided to stick with her once brawl came out.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
haha yeah that's exactly how I started maining Peach in melee xD

Completely used her as a joke character, but then I realized how good she actually was O__o
I just decided to stick with her once brawl came out.
Yeah, Donkey Kong wasn't a joke though. I remember I had gone to my second tornament and of course lost miserably. I was maining Lucas at the time and didn't know crap about the game.

After the torney, everyone started having friendlies and I said "I want to get good with Donkey Kong." And almost all of the good players in there were like "Omg why? Just use Diddy Kong, he's better."

And of course I responded "That's not the point. You take a character to their limits and make them awesome. Using top Tier characters is lazy and after a while, requires no effort to win."

If I ever see those people again I'm going to show them what my Donkey Kong is made of. :)

Veggi

Smash Champion
At high level play it still is very hard to win with good characters, it's just harder with lower characters. I get your point though. I use the characters I do just because they're awesome.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
You reck em PG =^-^=
<3 Ty Kyon. I'm serious about my Texas title.

At high level play it still is very hard to win with good characters, it's just harder with lower characters. I get your point though. I use the characters I do just because they're awesome.
Oh yeah, but look at people like San for instance.

He's come such a LONG WAY. I admire people that main a character, not because they wanted to use the one easier to win with, or the most broken, but sticking to what they love. That's why I admire you a lot, Veggi.

<3

PolarBear

Smash Journeyman
15$ spectator fee. If you're close it'll be worth it. You still get friendlies im sure.

I dunno Scabe... Not looking like i'll enter at the moment but we'll see
Last time I checked it was $20 or $30 for a venue fee. I'll probably wind coughing up the money anyway.

Are any other DKs going to Apex? I'll be there to cheer you then.

PolarBear

Smash Journeyman
I'd love to, even if I was to get pwned, just to play with the pros and say I've played at Apex. Only thing is that I don't have a job and can barely afford the venue fee. I literally don't have the money to play. I do wish Don would play to represent DK, unless that is he's in the same situation as me lol.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Yeah, Donkey Kong wasn't a joke though. I remember I had gone to my second tornament and of course lost miserably. I was maining Lucas at the time and didn't know crap about the game.

After the torney, everyone started having friendlies and I said "I want to get good with Donkey Kong." And almost all of the good players in there were like "Omg why? Just use Diddy Kong, he's better."

And of course I responded "That's not the point. You take a character to their limits and make them awesome. Using top Tier characters is lazy and after a while, requires no effort to win."

If I ever see those people again I'm going to show them what my Donkey Kong is made of. :)
Yeah, I've pretty much tried to pick up every single high tiered character at one point, just because they were better in general than the rest of the cast. But I just don't like any of them enough......

I'm not gonna play someone if I don't like using them .__.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
I'd love to, even if I was to get pwned, just to play with the pros and say I've played at Apex. Only thing is that I don't have a job and can barely afford the venue fee. I literally don't have the money to play. I do wish Don would play to represent DK, unless that is he's in the same situation as me lol.
You should work in some horrible place like Mcdonalds to get some money. That's where I work :p

...:urg:

Top Bottom