• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Big secret muscles

PolarBear

Smash Journeyman
I worked at a Subway and it was pretty bad lol. Infact it was the one at the Rutgers Student Center where some of you may be eating at during Apex. I'm actually finding it pretty hard to get a job even at a McDonald's, even though I'm not trying too hard there, just sent a few applications. I've been trying hard at restaurants and more fancy stuff but no luck. Might have to loose some dignity and work fast food again.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Didn't you say that you lived near where Apex is being held? Because many would kill for that luxury.

How much is for everything at Apex?

D0N

Smash Ace
I asked for the price about 4 days ago from the TO himself so it should be the same. I'm not going anymore though :ohwell:. I thought about it and don't want to drive (driving from GA to VA this saturday and then to NC for school the week after APEX) or spend the $$$.

Made me think about it though PolarBear lol

PolarBear

Smash Journeyman
So what about the venue fee and preregistering? I'm guessing I wouldn't have to do that for just spectating?

That's a bummer but I understand. It's a lot of money and energy. If you did decide to go you'd have a blast and some good memories. I'm sure something big is going to go down in both Melee and Brawl and to witness it in person would be awesome.

Veggi

Smash Champion
Oh yeah, but look at people like San for instance.
He's come such a LONG WAY. I admire people that main a character, not because they wanted to use the one easier to win with, or the most broken, but sticking to what they love. That's why I admire you a lot, Veggi.

<3
Awww...I can't make a heart shape because I'm on my phone. Less than 3.

DK is so cool though. I want to make a DK costume but gorilla costumes cost a lot of money, they are the wrong coloring, and I don't like how it covers the entire body including the head. It would probably be best to make one, especially because gorilla costumes look like monsters and not the majestic creatures they are based off of.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Awww...I can't make a heart shape because I'm on my phone. Less than 3.

DK is so cool though. I want to make a DK costume but gorilla costumes cost a lot of money, they are the wrong coloring, and I don't like how it covers the entire body including the head. It would probably be best to make one, especially because gorilla costumes look like monsters and not the majestic creatures they are based off of.
LOL. GOFORIT.

I need a Donkey Kong Tie... Like seriously. Could someone mail me one?

This isn't a joke. :|

D0N

Smash Ace
So what about the venue fee and preregistering? I'm guessing I wouldn't have to do that for just spectating?

That's a bummer but I understand. It's a lot of money and energy. If you did decide to go you'd have a blast and some good memories. I'm sure something big is going to go down in both Melee and Brawl and to witness it in person would be awesome.
Venue fee is ignored, but I don't know if you need to pre register. I think not. If you PM Alex Strife he will respond unbelievbly fast though... guy answered my pm in like 1 minute flat. Id forward it to you but I deleted it.

I went to pound 4 which was about as big or bigger so I have an idea of how these things go down. Some great things will happen im sure.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
LOL. GOFORIT.

I need a Donkey Kong Tie... Like seriously. Could someone mail me one?

You cannott find a DK Tie online. I've tried and just can't find one. It's stupid too, because you think there would be one due to how simple it is. :mad088:

This isn't a joke. :|
Im going to Apex guys wish me luck its gona be crazy
Good luck man, let us know how you go and what it was like. When is Apex by the way?

Scabe

Successful Businessman
My shield's probably been broken 42 times. When I play Silfa, I always fall for DK's Bair to Side B. Gets me every time XD

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
OMG lost my SD card and all mah replays... :|

Iunno how to send replays to friends. It says I need a friend code AND a brawl code.

Confused... Some sexy DK come help me plz?!

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
You need his Wii # and his Brawl friendcode (and your friend needs your Wii number & Brawl fc).
Yeah, but I don't know where the friend code is.
Someone tell meh how to get da **** code. :(

omg sry., I'm dumb. I ment Wii number..

Super sorry.

Chaosgriffin

Smash Ace
You get the friend code when you go online with brawl, no sure exactly how to get to it. but just get on your wii, pop in brawl and go online with it, just look around and you will find it.

Chaosgriffin

Smash Ace
Real Name-Baron Von Kiespert

How did you come up with your gamertag- I was trying to think of a name to go by when i was playing runescape, a long time ago. So i started to look around to get an idea, the shirt i was wearing had a griffin on it, and it was made by chaos industries. So thus Chaosgriffin

Your age- Just barely turned 21, on july 25th

Where you're from- Dallas, Texas!

Picture of yourself- Me all dressed uphttp://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-ash1/v160/24/74/673589201/n673589201_456308_3742.jpg

Favorite Video Game- Thats tough, there are waaaaaaaaay to many games that I like. but right now it would be League of Legends.

Why do you main your character in brawl- I played all the DK games, yes even the crappy ones that makes everyone sad. DK is a beast, no doubt about it, I used him in the original Smash, in melee, and of course brawl. I just love the big lug. I do attend tournaments, it has been a while since I have been to one though, but that will soon change.

Interesting things about yourself- Hmm...lets see, I love anime, I have been studying Japanese for 5 years now. I have been to the emergency room over 20 times in my life, but I have only broken a bone once.

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
Real Name- The Baptist King

How did you come up with your gamertag- a self identified, 7th grade character whom specialized in elemental darkness and akin to the 'vegeta' of the team of my own dbz-esque universe. I donnot introduce myself as Cyphus...ever, but usually people refer to me as it, and i gave up fighting it. lol

Your age- 24

Where you're from- an hour below new orleans. the swamps

Picture of yourself- http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/photo.php?pid=35695&id=100000312011318&ref=album

Favorite Video Game- OOT, UMK3, MvC2, legend of dragoon, pokemon, metroid prime, kirby's avalanche, TMNT:turtles in time, starfox 64, mario karts, quest 64(lol), smash, ddr/piu

Why do you main your character in brawl- I'm impatient and i get a certain satisfaction from killing people at 100% as well as DK's less-than-serious attitude adds a lil comedy to a game i'd otherwise take too seriously. giant punches are ridiculous, and his weight allows me to make lots of 'mistakes' but room for learning the oponent.

Interesting things about yourself- i was a contortionist just short of fame- albeit 'retired' now, i'm simply better than most people who think they're good at SNES/64 games (lol j/k...but seriously), i have mixed martial background and have my workout/running phases, my record for holding my breath is 3:20. i'm an old***.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Thanks guys, I'll add you guys now.

Cyphus how did you become a Backroom member? I'm just curious >_>... <_<

Anyways, today I pulled of Dash Attack into Up Smash with DK. LOL, I don't even understand how it was possible. I saved a couple of replays of my noob DK. I may upload it to get some critique from you guys. I kept trying to get the 9 punch. It's hard to count it.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Thanks guys, I'll add you guys now.

Cyphus how did you become a Backroom member? I'm just curious >_>... <_<

Anyways, today I pulled of Dash Attack into Up Smash with DK. LOL, I don't even understand how it was possible. I saved a couple of replays of my noob DK. I may upload it to get some critique from you guys. I kept trying to get the 9 punch. It's hard to count it.

For me it's not the counting, but the time and place to even try to do it. :|

It's kind of not worth it to pull it off imo. But if you ever have a full proof plan on landing it the let me know...

I just really prefer the SA frames... Giant punch can kill normaly, so I don't think it needs the exrta knockback and damage to kill.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
I'm going to try and stick with trying to get the 9 wind punch for DK, I don't really use the SA frames much when I fully charge it. Plus if I go overboard of 9 I'll always have the 10, and apparently the 6, 7, 8 punches are strong as well according to Chaosgriffin (something like that).

I like Dr Grandpa's way of charging the punch. He does it like one at a time. Although when I tried that, it was hard to keep track of what number I was up to.

Chaosgriffin

Smash Ace
For me it's not the counting, but the time and place to even try to do it. :|

It's kind of not worth it to pull it off imo. But if you ever have a full proof plan on landing it the let me know...

I just really prefer the SA frames... Giant punch can kill normaly, so I don't think it needs the exrta knockback and damage to kill.
I think it the 9 wind is amazing, and it is so worth it. . What i do is keep the 9 wind stored when they are at low %'s, %'s that the regular 10 wind could not kill at. Then once my opponent has reached a higher % to where the 10 wind will kill them i go ahead and get the extra wind incase i need the SA frames. I have a video that i will try to upload of me just ****** this meta with a 9 wind.

Yeah, for more info on the punch check out this thread http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=176033&highlight=donkey+kong

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Also your max percentage of percentage that you've lived to in a tourney is got nothing on Will. :p

In one of the videos in the video thread he survives up to 300 and something percent, and three stocking the poor Yoshi.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
thats because its yoshi.

I should probably get some info on me up pretty soon. I've been MIA for some time now

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Have you quit Brawl?
no, its just I lost interest in posting in the character forums. I actually went to a tournament last week and got 2nd out of 24 losing only to hylian

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Yeah I can't blame you, after a while you lose interest in character forums since you can't really learn anymore. Good job on 2nd though, man DK's represent so well.

KoSa!

Smash Journeyman
WOWZA! peach looks hawt!

And that DK texture is must have.

Top Bottom