• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Big secret muscles

Veggi

Smash Champion
I'm not too into the Peach boards. It feels like a bunch of the people there are major elitists. DK boards are much more welcoming, although I can't say I spend a whole bunch of time here. I probably should.

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
Whew... So I felt like I was going to do terrible at the tournament today, and the tv's were pretty laggy, and then I beat Atomsk's Dedede xD This time was a little more meaningful though because it was in loser's bracket and I knocked him out.

It was madddd close! He CG-ed me off the side of Frigate Orpheon game 3, last stocks each, and I was at around 180% when he f-threw me lol. I ended up using my jump to try to avoid waddle dee's, but at that point I realized I might as well take the hits bc I needed height to get back- he CG-ed me off the side where there was no edge! I think he might have been charging f-smash to punish my recovery or maybe went for a b-air, but I waited, reverse charge canceled and somehow laglessly landed an up b and it comboed into down smash ftw ^_^

He was at like 130% before the d-smash and I won with 191% on my last stock. Sooooo freaking close x_x I came in 5th place out of like 25 or so entrants, top that I can remember was 1) Anti 2) ADHD 3) Dabuz 4) Jtails 5) Will 5) Jash. =)

Also, Dabuz beat Brood in an Olimar ditto in brackets, and Jash proceeded to knock Brood out of losers. Brood came in 7th place.

KoSa!

Smash Journeyman
Good **** Will. I need to get in the tourney scene here in NJ/NY we could ditto sometime.

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
So the Japanese are still in US? Man Will your a freaking beast. I hope the matches get put up.
Yeah they attended a New Jersey tournament yesterday, and an NY tournament today. I am pretty sure they are going back to Japan this week though. Brood came in 2nd place at the New Jersey tournament, and took ADHD to game 5 in the first set of Grand Finals, but Wyatt won.

As per usual, not many of these matches got recorded bc the venue failed on that count. I think maybe there is less pressure when I am not thinking about stuff being recorded though. Who knows xD

CO18

Smash Hero
Lol Did atomsk ban yoshis I knew to ban that **** from some vid of you i saw lmao plus i hate that stage overall

KoSa!

Smash Journeyman
DKs love Yoshi's vs D3, quick kills too.

Nice avatar CO J.Cole is nasty.

KoSa!

Smash Journeyman
Lol I'm stopping at 1337 and turning it into a signature or avatar.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Good **** Will!

I'm currently debating on whether or not I should even try attending my local tournies anymore. Work always gets in the way even if I book days off .__.

It's weird because I want to play (brawl), but at the same time I don't and would rather do something better ahaha
blah I hate making decisions sometimes....

KoSa!

Smash Journeyman
God I should of never tempted him with that j.cole post, he is the next jay-z though.

I take the blame for this one guys. :(

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
Lol Did atomsk ban yoshis I knew to ban that **** from some vid of you i saw lmao plus i hate that stage overall
Lol nope he banned Brinstar =P

Also, I apologize for our set at Apex. After playing on point for much of that weekend, for whatever reason when it came to brackets I lost my nerve, and you were definitely outplaying me. I wish I could have given you more of a challenge. I'm supposed to be known for doing well vs D3 all the time -_-

I got frustrated too much and forgot to like, use back air lol. Good stuff though, it's my fault for playing that matchup xD

Everywhere I go CO18 is there lol whats up homie

And Good **** Will once again btw Olimar dittos are gay LOL!
Lol thanks man. And omg I didn't watch the whole set but game 1 was really hard to watch. Imagine the sound Olimar's side b makes, but multiplied. Hahaha. That was all they did pretty much.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Lol nope he banned Brinstar =P

Also, I apologize for our set at Apex. After playing on point for much of that weekend, for whatever reason when it came to brackets I lost my nerve, and you were definitely outplaying me. I wish I could have given you more of a challenge. I'm supposed to be known for doing well vs D3 all the time -_-

Then stop playing with your eyes closed. :p

Naw man. You're beast. I would ditto you, but I can't stand wifi. I couldn't save my life if I had to play wifi for it. Soo I'ma have to wait until I can go out of town to play you(and get *****).

KoSa!

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I remembered the falco boards posting that laser lock.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Hey guys. I am a DK main in both Melee and Smash 64 (One of my secondaries in Melee, and my main in 64), and I am interested in picking him up in Brawl.

Just wondering what's to know, like, how is he changed from Melee/64, does he have any useful ATs, etc...

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Hey guys. I am a DK main in both Melee and Smash 64 (One of my secondaries in Melee, and my main in 64), and I am interested in picking him up in Brawl.

Just wondering what's to know, like, how is he changed from Melee/64, does he have any useful ATs, etc...
Well, he's Bair isn't Melee like it is here in Brawl. You can do 2 every short hop. I would also say that he's definatly more mobile due too less rediculous hit stun.

If anyone else could tell you more about DK's transition from Melee too Brawl, it would maybe be one of these other guys too fill you in. I'm just giving my 2 cents as a Brawl DK main here. XD

KoSa!

Smash Journeyman
64: DK, was good, but he was a grab happy character.

Melee: DK in rare form the best DK by far, He had 0-Death combos, combos to punch,L-cancel made his sh aerial approaches quite good. DownB failed and he could gimp easily while being easy to gimp himself. The other characters in this game also got many of the buffs DK got.

Brawl: Due to the way Brawl is played DK seems very few problems in this game. His biggest obstacle are projectiles. DK due to his big frame, is the butt of most comboy characters. DK spaces so well though that those combo guys shouldn't be too much of a problem. Again, all he has to worry about are projectiles.

And shouldn't this be in the Q/A

itsthebigfoot

Smash Lord
Hey, My name is Sam Suied, better known as Bigfoot, I'm 19 years old from Ventura California, though I now live in Dallas, Texas.

I regularly attend tournaments and I am planning on hosting tournaments as soon as I get settled into texas. I main DK I guess, I tried Snake and it didn't work, I'm probably going to play falco or marth soon.

I got my gamer tag from the Monster Rancher character Jill (http://www.pojo.com/monsterrancher/monindex/pics/mr2p270.gif) I got a brown one, named it bigfoot and beat all my friends with him, that was my start into competitive gaming. After that I just kept using the tag, and it kinda fit with the whole DK thing.

Picture of me: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000897583139&ref=mf since I don't have a good one off-hand

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Does anyone think the OP is ugly, like the whole collapse box thing? I think it could look better.

Anyways I went on a rampage and unsticked and stickied a few threads. Some are temporarily.

KoSa!

Smash Journeyman
If you opt to switch the format it would be too large, it needs to be collapsed. And Scabe, its beautiful.

D0N

Smash Ace
OP looks fine to me

EDIT: Looks like I may be @ MLG this weekend...

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Okay guys, after messing around with DK for a while over the last two days I've decided I LOVE him :D

Definitely expect to see me around here more in the future :D
Well, the Peach side of me drooled over DK. So yeah, it had too happen.

Top Bottom