• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Big secret muscles

ook

Smash Lord
lol... :(

Yeah, you really can't pause the game, especially against someone who is known to abuse DQ rules.

that's really lame though

Flashing

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, though hopefully will doesn't go through the phase of (I could've won the whole thing if I wasn't DQ'd) because whats done is done and just have to hope for better next time, or just not get gayed by rules.

D0N

Smash Ace
Good stuff beating marshall (kirbycpok) at MLG, don :)
Thanks :). I was destroyed round 1 winners by Vinnie's G&W and then lost to Kadaj after marshall... dont register at the door @ MLG or seeding will suck :(. If I woulda beat Vinnie somehow, I woulda played DEHF. Also, bring a hoodie or something as the AC will be on freeze. I had fun at MLG, it was worth the trip. Alot of wierd stuff happened at this one (DQ's)

As for Will, you had to be there to see it. The update didn't really explain how it went down (The updates suck lol). I'll let him speak for himself, but the short version is he called for a ref while he was being hit with what looked like an infinite (judges later ruled it as small step) before pausing and the ref never came so he did what he thought was best when the 2nd "infinite" came around a few seconds later... and cheese will be cheese :urg:. To give you an idea of what I mean, I didn't see it but I'm pretty sure I heard that Nick Riddle was 3 stocking cheese before his DQ...

Scabe

Successful Businessman

Hey I see D0N in this picture :D

I used DK in the tourney I went to and took like 6 stocks he pretty much saved me in the tournament.

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
D0N, you basically have it right. The difference now is that Cheese is kinda twisting things to make it look like I was trying to stop the match and get it reviewed, when really I only wanted to call a ref to get a ruling on what was going on.

The first time I called for a ref he was performing what I thought was an infinite chain grab, so obviously I wanted a ref to confirm what was happening! The situation passed, and 15-20 seconds later I was caught in another chain grab and at that point the ref had finally arrived. After hearing that the ref had arrived, I simultaneously paused on reaction and turned around =/

Pause shouldn't even have been on after what happened with Cheese and Nick Riddle, and I had forgotten to make sure it was off beforehand bc I was so anxious to win the match =/

It was a very unfortunate situation, but I have definitely learned a lot from my experiences and I hope that MLG amends some of their ruleset as well to better accomodate such controversial situations.

It was the first time I had ever been small step cg-ed in tournament, and it was judged legal by AZ. I'm from the east coast though, and had never had to deal with that before, so I couldn't tell the difference between a small step cg and an infinite cg until looking at the replay. Also, when emotions are heightened, it'd be very easy for me to think he was infiniting me as opposed to using the legal, slightly visibily different variant of the cg =/

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
D0N, you basically have it right. The difference now is that Cheese is kinda twisting things to make it look like I was trying to stop the match and get it reviewed, when really I only wanted to call a ref to get a ruling on what was going on.

The first time I called for a ref he was performing what I thought was an infinite chain grab, so obviously I wanted a ref to confirm what was happening! The situation passed, and 15-20 seconds later I was caught in another chain grab and at that point the ref had finally arrived. After hearing that the ref had arrived, I simultaneously paused on reaction and turned around =/

Pause shouldn't even have been on after what happened with Cheese and Nick Riddle, and I had forgotten to make sure it was off beforehand bc I was so anxious to win the match =/

It was a very unfortunate situation, but I have definitely learned a lot from my experiences and I hope that MLG amends some of their ruleset as well to better accomodate such controversial situations.

It was the first time I had ever been small step cg-ed in tournament, and it was judged legal by AZ. I'm from the east coast though, and had never had to deal with that before, so I couldn't tell the difference between a small step cg and an infinite cg until looking at the replay. Also, when emotions are heightened, it'd be very easy for me to think he was infiniting me as opposed to using the legal, slightly visibily different variant of the cg =/
Don't worry Will. You're still my DK hero. I can't believe people can be such DOUCHES like that. Makes me want to 5 stock them in a 3 stock match.. Know what I mean?

Either way, you're still the Broccoli King. I might be going too MLG Dallas. Pretty funny though. My first big tornament, yet it's going too be on a national level.

200th POST!

Monkley6

Smash Journeyman
Sucks to hear about DQs and such, but good job anyway will :)

Sucks you had to fight kadaj almost immediately in losers too don, you're both in the same area aren't you?

D0N

Smash Ace
We use to be, but he moved recently. Even so, we played all the time and he knows what I like to do. I played him round 5 of losers so it was about halfway through losers bracket.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I need to be retrained how to play DK. I've almost completely forgot.

D0N

Smash Ace
Ripple that could be a good thing. Whatever bad habits you had should be gone and you can pick up better ones. At least that's how it works for me when I forget stuff.

I won another tourney yesterday with 9 entrants for 5$... is that even worth reporting?

daisho

Smash Lord
Ripple that could be a good thing. Whatever bad habits you had should be gone and you can pick up better ones. At least that's how it works for me when I forget stuff.

I won another tourney yesterday with 9 entrants for 5$... is that even worth reporting?
Always nice, what kinda players did you beat?

D0N

Smash Ace
I had to play an Mk/Snake/Marth in winners finals and grand finals and went 3-1 twice. Other than that I played a marth and then a wario. No known names, but they are decent players -3 of them.

YooY

Smash Cadet
Will, you should have wait cheese outside after what he did. I can't believe that ref allowed this...

Flashing

Smash Apprentice
I think we need to get rid of the xat. Like it would be nice to have if we actually had a big community that was on all the time .-.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
:( I'm on all the time, but now it's ehh.

I think we should leave it anyway. It's not like it's taking up space. Once a tourney happens, they'll be some hype in here and more people will socialize.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I've finally given up DK. can't play him anymore. sorry everyone.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
No. I've struggled with Donkey Kong because I'm usually the person to use the light and floaty, or super fast type of character.

I'm going into my more sluggish, yet powerful side. I've come a long way with him, almost bringing him to the level of my Peach. If I can do that, then you definitely can for sure.

So stop your griping and man up. :)

PolarBear

Smash Journeyman
I'll give you a banana if you don't. ;)

cant wait to see the new dk country coming out
Those levels look like so much fun. IIRC there was a cart level, one where it's dark and you're equipped with just a flashlight, and in another they went in the background. The levels are what gets me most excited. Hopefully they'll have special abilities for both DK and Diddy, and special moves where they work together.

Top Bottom