• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Big secret muscles

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
Wow I'd love to eat that one day lol. Only thing missing is a strawberry tie and some banana slices. Now I'm wondering what dkcone1 and dkcone2 look like (right click save as shows dkcone3). Google is failing me :(

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
change thread title to. "BBR says something, start caring again! DK +2 on new tier list!"

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Oh :dk2:....I LOVE this character and part of me wants to use him in tournament but I main :dedede: ...I don't see it working lol. My favorite Nintendo character and I'm in this ******** situation. =/

ZTD | TECHnology

after the +2

trollface.jpg
I also picked up Wolf because he went up 6. Tier whorin' since 08 baby.

Lol I have used DK against people whenever I show to tournaments drunk or...whenever there are smashfests...and I am drunk. lol He's just sooo much fun.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
DK probably wouldn't be a bad second for D3, truth be told. Against IC´s, pika, diddy(takes way too much work), and olimar, we do better from my understanding. Not to mention we're just fabulous on so many counterpick stages.

It's not that hard to play DK if you understand how to play DK. It's not like you have to practice or anything.

ZTD | TECHnology

I understand the concept of the character what I'm supposed to do. My past main was :snake: so I really like characters that punish really hard. D3 is the same way. My Dk actually plays on par with good players (<3 playing the Snake MU with DK), I just don't know a lot of MUs. I'd also need to just work on any techniques I don't know I suppose.

You guys make this sound tempting.

:dedede: / :dk2: would look so sexy in the results thread :)

ZTD | TECHnology

It's not terrible. Its just that if you don't know exactly what to do you'll get overwhelmed really easily. If you know what to do, it's still uphill but winnable by all means.

i1337

Smash Ace
DK and coin matches, the 2 things no one plays

I believe bigfoot quoted someone else when he said that a couple years ago

Labernash

Smash Lord
I only go into tourneys with coin side events. And I think there's more DK's than Pokemon Trainers. =O

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Looks hard, but I'll take what we can get. Very very excited about this, infinite uses for that.

Also if anyone ever pulls it off, invincible up-b -> GFSC is now deemed the GIMR Combo.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
yo, set c-stick to B-stick and it becomes easy

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
yo, set c-stick to B-stick and it becomes easy
Do you pivot, jump, then b-stick? I tried b-sticking for a little bit and I couldn't do it. I did it about 5% of the time with normal controls. I could do it with and without tap jump, but I'm not sure which one I'm more consistent with.

I don't think it is going to be that useful in 1v1 anyway, but it seems like it could be neat for 2v2.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Do you pivot, jump, then b-stick? I tried b-sticking for a little bit and I couldn't do it. I did it about 5% of the time with normal controls. I could do it with and without tap jump, but I'm not sure which one I'm more consistent with.

I don't think it is going to be that useful in 1v1 anyway, but it seems like it could be neat for 2v2.
yes to your first question. I use claw method

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
I've been thinking about using b-stick for a while. Does it work well for DK?

And can you SDI with B-stick? Like if so SDIng up and buffering up-b would be really easy, though there's times I want to buffer side-b (vs Falco's jab). If I change over, it'll be awkward to d-smash on reaction but I guess I might get used to it. Unsure how I feel about b-sticking with Zelda :r.

Unrelated; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgqOJHFKmeo
Look at this big crocodile. Cool.

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
You can't SDI with B-stick. You'll have to use only the control stick for SDI if you switch.

E8<

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
That's really discouraging. I was thinking that b-stick would make the input (smashdirection) + B, so it could SDI just like C-stick, but I guess it just tilts the direction, like tilt stick.

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
You can make it smash or tilt depending on how hard you press it, but it's kinda hard to make Samus homing missile with B stick.

Everything I've read including the "complete" DI guide has said SDI inputs aren't registered with B stick, but I just tried it in training mode and it seems you can use the B-stick for SDI it just doesn't help as much. I was able to get out of Pikachu's down smash with DK using only the B-stick but it's a lot harder than doing it with the C -stick set to smashes.

So idk, maybe it should be looked into again.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
I tried b-stick out this weekend with DK, it's hard. Just awkward not being able to roll my thumb into the stick after short hopping or for momentum cancel. I guess it's possible to get used to it but not worth it to me.

I also tried the new up-b invincibility glitch and couldn't do it after 10 minutes. Maybe it's because I didn't have the video right in front of me to see how to do it but it's pretty unforgiving on the timing.

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
The invincicoper is way too freakin hard.
I practiced it for like 3 hours, and at the end of it all I could get 2 in a row like 6 outta 10 times.
I've resigned myself to the fact that I will probably never get it against another player, and if I do it'll be the most hype thing that day for me.
And that's fine.

Top Bottom