• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Big secret muscles

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
I think they will. Or maybe I'm just too hopeful.

A bunch of people in a chat were joking that nintendo would win hands down if all they did was walk in, put the new console down, put in smash 4, and let lvl 9 CPUs beat up each other for the entire show.

Labernash

Smash Lord
Walnuts, Peanuts, Pineapple smells.

Grapes, Melons, Oranges, and Coconut Shells.

Ah yeah.

Jebu-95

Smash Journeyman
My guess is that it's probably just going to be either Smash 64 ported to 3DS or a new smash game for 3DS.
Or it might even be a totally new game that they're making for the Wii 2. Who knows.

HYPE!

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
we didn't have a single post in 3 days.... all time low

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
second degree burns from my elbow to my finger tips. nerve damage in my fingers means i'll need to re learn timing on everything since my fingers don't move so well now

i1337

Smash Ace
second degree burns from my elbow to my finger tips. nerve damage in my fingers means i'll need to re learn timing on everything since my fingers don't move so well now
NO

on another note, you look absolutely nothing like DK unlike most other DK mains :reverse:

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
He's about as tall as DK lol.

Sucks what happened to your hand Ripple. What happened, anyways? That looks pretty bad.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
Wow man that sucks. Didn't you break your leg skiing get donkey punched a while back too? I hope you feel better and make a full recovery.

While you may be injured now, in the future you might be able to come back better than ever. The first time I beat Star Fox on the SNES is about a week after I got my right hand smashed by a metal door at my elementary school. I could never beat the last level before then and for some reason focusing on my 2 good fingers made me play better lol.

i1337

Smash Ace
Donkey Kong's up smash is the most satisfying move to hit with in the game

Yes, this deserved its own thread. Discuss Usmash. Also kills at like 70% uncharged wtf. (I think the exact number was 74% on Mario from a BF platform)

On another note, I will be uploading a few tournament videos (mainly friendlies lawl) within the next couple days or so since there seems to be a general lack of recorded DK matches.

:urg:

Edit Scabe: Sorry i1337. I don't think this deserves it's own thread, it doesn't seem like something that'll get a lot constructive responses. But then again, if it does start to get a lot of constructive posts, I'll move it back into a thread.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Haha i1337. Get your post moved.

U-smash is indeed the most satisfying move ever. It's quick and rough, just how I like it... wait. But it's sooo good at shield poking tall people.

edit: Oh I forgot to mention that yesterday was my birthday :)

crifer

Smash Lord
characters we can hit with usmash while they are standing/shielding: Snake, DK (lol), D3, Samus, ZSS (?), Lucario, Ganon, Bowser, marth (?).

I like to troll people, run at them and usmash , fox syndrome :D

Happy Bday Sold.

i1337

Smash Ace
characters we can hit with usmash while they are standing/shielding: Snake, DK (lol), D3, Samus, ZSS (?), Lucario, Ganon, Bowser, marth (?).

I like to troll people, run at them and usmash , fox syndrome :D

Happy Bday Sold.
I know for a fact you can hit Fox and ROB as well (in fact, you can usmash ROB while he's buried from headbutt lol)

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
You can indeed u-smash Marth, I don't know about CF, he kinda crouches while he stands. What about Zelda(why would you be that close to Zelda) or Sheik? Not that this matters...

ROB is hilariously bad at getting shield poked by it.

I am definitely now 18. I had funfetti cake.

Also, entirely unrelated. I've been playing around with DK and slopes, and there's so many great tricks you can do. Generally when you fast fall into a slope, you take a hard landing and also stop at any edge you run into. If you start charging a giant punch though, you don't get either of those. So on the side of Yoshi's/Picto, you can fast fall into either edge (or any of the slopes), start charging giant punch, slide off it and cancel the charging. It's not that practical, but I really enjoy doing it and it can confuse people who expect you to stay on stage. It's very nice to do b-reverse charge so that you can b-air at the stage or as an edgeguard very quickly like this. Or up-bing immediately afterwards is pretty neat. Of course this is only really useful when you're already in the air, since if you're on the ground you may as well just run + RAR/walk off the edge.

Another neat thing is that on sloped platforms (Yoshi's, Picto eyebrows and such), doing the super armor glitch off the top side, you can follow the platform downwards and land on the other side of the platform. It's pretty good for an opponent about to land on the platform/shielding there. Or if you just want to make them look dumb.

DK's really fancy if you make him be.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
Yes, this deserved its own thread. Discuss Usmash. Also kills at like 70% uncharged wtf. (I think the exact number was 74% on Mario from a BF platform)
While Usmash (especially a psychic running Usmash) is extremely satisfying to land, nothing feels better than landing a fully charged punch by timing it just right (both the backstep and SA). Barely avoiding an attack and countering all in the same move is manly. Taking one to the face right before laying the smackdown is about as manly as it gets. It being safe on block even at point blank range is also amazing.

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
If by chance anyone notices this in time I thought I'd post it up:

Tonight on Directional Influence, we're at Episode 38! Join us for a half hour of SSBB discussion, including guest stars Ninjalink and Coontail, who join us to talk about the undeveloped metagames of essentially the lower half of the Brawl roster. We go live at 10pm EST, so be sure to tune in at www.justin.tv/livevvvgaming

Labernash

Smash Lord
Wakey wakey Donkey Kong boards.

I have spoken, it shall happen. The DK boards will rise again!

Labernash

Smash Lord
I don't know what's cooler. DK's head looking like Ice Cream, or Ice Cream looking like DK's head.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
I don't know what's cooler. DK's head looking like Ice Cream, or Ice Cream looking like DK's head.
I'm pretty sure that's how ice cream originated. They saw DK's head and couldn't help and think "oh man that'd be delicious," thus ice cream was born.

I love DK's ice cream cone, until I get shield poked because of it. It makes his u-air massive though :cool:.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I made money this weekend. first time I've done that in over a year

Labernash

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure that's how ice cream originated. They saw DK's head and couldn't help and think "oh man that'd be delicious," thus ice cream was born.

I love DK's ice cream cone, until I get shield poked because of it. It makes his u-air massive though :cool:.
DK's head DOES look mighty tasty.

Does it help Side Special any? How big IS that?

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
In air it's pretty friggin massive. He's totally dropping sprinkles all over his enemies.

Top Bottom