• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Big secret muscles

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Dude the entirety of MI is MMing me. Let's do it sometime, I should be at SiiS6.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Vinnie's IC's are the reason I went from being like 10-0 in sets with him vs his G&W to like... 11-15 or whatever it is now. He is really good at that matchup @_@
scrub.

10noobs

I'll help you out with it at APEX

Luigi player

Smash Master
I dont think ICs have too big of an advantage against DK if at all (call me biased if you want xD)

You just need to play really safe. I nearly only use downB, bair and grab in that MU. Grabs are really stong if you catch Nana and then run offstage with her and then spike her xD I love doing that. Too bad you can be grabbed out of the cargo hold. :(

downB forces them in the air,
punch to go through blizzard or squalls (their sideB)
bair to space and hit them while they're in the air
sometimes other attacks depending on the situation (like if they are landing you can risk other stuff like jabs/ftilt/grounded upB/etc)
juggle them if they're in the air (Uair/Bair)
grabs are really important to seperate them. Once they are seperated chase down Nana. She should be easy shark food for you (learn how she acts to know what she'll do; mostly bairs to dair work well to get her offstage/gimp her)

I personally nearly always run away from them if I don't have a punch charged. It's an important option you need to have. :x

Neon!

Smash Lord
fighting ice climbers is similar to fighting olimar, we can punish them hard offstage but they punish us harder onstage and are difficult to approach.

Neon!

Smash Lord
Thats great man. Dk has some brutal combos and amazing range, just be aware that if you main him its impossible to quit ;)

(that video you watched wouldnt happen to be the DK Community Combo video would it?)

crifer

Smash Lord
I somehow think that the IC MU is pretty even and... actually easy for DK...
DownB and UpB are soo amazing against IC´s. If you grab one IC and instantly throw them offstage, it´s a pretty easy spike, especially against nana.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Man we need an official term for that. Like when DK hits you once he just never wants to stop, because his range and speed let him stick to people forever.

Like sticky feet. Or funky monkey love. Or something.

Neon!

Smash Lord
I like sticky feet.

No crifer the matchup is not even, think of it like this: they have an infinite on us like ddd but are harder to appraoch, we cant hit them with rising bair and they have solid options for appraoching us including side-b>grab and down-b>grab. Good ice climbers are not hard to beat but the ones who rarely drop grabs and space well are a pain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vF__1IaonQA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcWZ-ghKs9U

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
So should we make this our next match-up thread instead of having it in the social lol. It'd be cool if someone made the thread. I guess I will tomorrow if no one else gets on that.

aqua421

Smash Apprentice
i went all dk for the first time in tournament yesterday, including doubles. I landed a ridiculous amount of dairs in doubles it was a good time. also i never realized how great of a stage delfino is for dk.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
DK is really fun. Doubles is really silly because you can do whatever you want as long as you're not getting hit. D-air is a bit questionable but hey it's cool.

Every stage is a great stage for DK, bar FD and imo Frigate.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
DK is mediocre in doubles :reverse:.

If you have a teammate you're really comfortable with he's a lot better.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Oh dude 64 DK is so nasty. Do you play online, using Project64 or just offline?

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
DK dittos... I dunno if I go and have money I'll seek you out bro.

Anyone going to SiiS6 because that's sooner and I'ma be there c'mon guys.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer

from an entirely unrelated comic I drew in an entirely different section of the forums.

Musclecopters.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Yeah he really is. Today I did a 90% combo and felt good about it. And then I realized it included a grounded f-air, so it can never be used in a combo video or anything like that. It'd be so embarrassing if everyone knew I use f-air as if it's a real move :c.

On a side note, about 80% of my kills today were from b-air. I'm finding that avoiding b-air and using it as a kill move is extremely effective. I guess it makes sense because I combo with junk like f-smash and giant punch. And b-air is a ridiculously dumb kill move.

Neon!

Smash Lord
fair is actually a decent air trap, if you spike people into the stage at the right height its very easy to land, read their roll and dsmash even against top notch players.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
They say big things come in small packages.

Gigantic things come from DK-sized packages. I thought it was clever

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
Dude I gotta get this out of the way while it's on my mind, I love our up-tilt.

Like that move doesn't even make sense wtf.

Top Bottom